[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 19 year old girl >wardrobe of imitations of things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 9

File: thedream.jpg (106KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
thedream.jpg
106KB, 500x750px
>be 19 year old girl
>wardrobe of imitations of things I lust after
>suddenly inherit lots of money
>going to spend $10k on a new wardrobe

How do I old money/heritage/preppy, where do I shop, I'm so excited but this is so surreal, I've never bought nice things before
>>
>>9550578
not sure if you could even buy her necklace with $10k lol
>>
>>9550578
You're a fucking moron, spending 10k money on clothes without being financially secure. better invest it you fucking mongol
>>
>>9550578
DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

Buy a whole new wardrobe. Your tastes are bound to change in the future. Get some nice quality basics. Start with an interesting piece or two. Save your money.
>>
File: DtsydbO.jpg (115KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
DtsydbO.jpg
115KB, 533x800px
>>9550586
I know :( I could easily spend more than 10k but I want to invest most of it, I've never had money and I don't want to blow too much of it on fancy clothes. I was thinking of getting a couple really really nice things from top tier stores and aiming for Club Monaco-tier for the rest

I've always wanted a Burberry trenchcoat
>>
Better don't buy expensive stuff especially from the mainstream luxury brands. I mean you can but your style will change and you're going to regret it but okay do w/e the fuck you want. Develop a style before investing into clothes.
>>
>>9550597
I am financially secure (weird to type that). I inherited 8 figures worth of money. I'm investing all but $25k which I'm using for clothing/an emergency fund/a trip for my father and his buddy. I am very comfortable spending 10k.

>>9550602
The issue is that I don't really have a wardrobe right now. I'm not going to toss anything, but it's mostly H&M knockoffs and a few American Apparel skirts. I've always loved the heritage/preppy look but could never afford it. I'll keep that in mind, though.
>>
>>9550604
yeah i love club monaco
listen to muff >>9550602
go out and try stuff on, see what you actually like and what you don't
>>
>>9550613
you seem like a responsible person, go have fun and enjoy yourself :)
>>
>>9550614
I love them too, I always look at their stuff for ideas

Thank you for the advice, I think I'll do that today and just poke around, won't buy anything expensive without sitting on it for a few days
>>
>>9550613
damm, 8 figures?
honey, please give me a tiny portion of that
i mean
just like 1k or something
>>
Can I have 100?
Do it for the pleb
>>
>>9550613
Well if you've invested the rest of the money I say go for whatever it is you want right now. I'm sure you'll make more money if you tastes change in the future.
>>
sruli dildo
5x geobaskets
banana costume
donate the rest to the conservation of tigers
>>
>>9550636
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous, definitely going to do a few little donations on the internet once I have some of the passive income in cash, not like I have many other expenses to worry about

most of it's in stocks and investments and stuff like that so I'm not going to touch it. I guess I'm rich now? It was supposed to go to my dad but he's essentially a buddhist with money so now it's mine

I'm so flustered this is so weird to even talk about, I grew up lower middle class as fuck
>>
OP do you only hang out with people as well off as you? Would you even bat an eye at someone in middle/lower middle class?
Just wondering how rich people take that kind of thing.
Also, I would say if there are any stores near you just go and try on clothes to see what you like the most. If you're buying online it's harder to see how things fit/really are, though I guess it's not a huge issue to return clothes either. Just more time consuming

also post current fit
>>
i'd probably die out of the excitement
>>
>>9550657
I only heard about the money in February so no I do not. I grew up lower middle class and all my friends are lower middle class, I can get back to you in a year once it sinks in that I'm apparently a rich person now.

>post current fit

I'm going to sound like an idiot but what does that mean? I only browse /lit/ usually and am new to this board

>>9550659
You and me both, no idea how I'm still alive
>>
>>9550672
fit = what you are wearing
You posted your goal dress-type, but we don't know how you dress currently.
Just wanted to you to post a fit/pic of you wearing whatever you wear

Like these people all did >>9546441
>>
>>9550602
this. DO NOT BUY EVERYTHING AT ONCE.

I blew close to 15 this year and I regret 80% of it.
>>
>>9550578

This is going to end badly. Do post outfits though, I enjoy a good laugh.
>>
put it on your savings and dont buy anything, invest if you must.

All of this is just advice, do whatever the fuck you wanna do. But do post your failure i'll be sure to laugh at it.
>>
File: me.jpg (196KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
196KB, 1080x720px
>>9550699
Ohh, I understand! Wasn't sure if you meant my body type or something.

This is what I'm going to wear today, while I'm out shopping. This is my favourite dress. I usually go for heeled oxfords with either a dress and less feminine coat or just jeans/a button-up/a cardigan, though full disclosure I only own 2 cardigans.

I really don't have many things that work well with each other, which is probably my biggest problem with my current wardrobe. I like what I own, but they don't harmonize so well.
>>
>>9550755
qt. Don't buy a lot. Take at least a year and half to spread your purchases over. Don't buy trendy shit.
>>
>>9550755
L O N D O N

O

N

D

O

N
>>
Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren
usually what you should be dressed in
>>
>>9550755
pls be in phoenix
also
>no shoes
>>
File: shoes.jpg (197KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
197KB, 1080x720px
>>9550769
Kinda hard to take a good photo of them with my laptop webcam but I did my best! They're a muted plum colour IRL, didn't come out so well in the photo. I only own like 2 pairs of shoes, yet another thing to focus on :|

>>9550764
Thank you

>>9550767
Oh gosh I forgot about Ralph Lauren! I always love the looks of things in their displays. Will check them out today.
>>
File: plsbeindc.jpg (119KB, 772x1230px) Image search: [Google]
plsbeindc.jpg
119KB, 772x1230px
>>9550672
>/lit/
tfw no qt wealthy girl to get into a marriage that is doomed to failed
>>
>>9550778
>Oh gosh I forgot about Ralph Lauren! I always love the looks of things in their displays. Will check them out today.
No please don't buy ralph lauren, it's shittt
>>
>>9550791
D:

I'll look and try stuff on just in case. What's shit about it?
>>
>>9550791
Yeah buy 3rd hand Rick Owens instead
>>
>>9550798
The quality is shit for the price, I mean it's not a problem for you obivously but still it's fuckn horrible. Mass produced garbage for wannabe wealthcore people.
>>
>>9550778

I can tell by your posts you are a mega basic bitch. My best advice is to spend nothing for a couple months and lurk fashion and then slowly get in.
>>
>>9550805
Yes the only 2 brands are rick owens and ralph lauren, go eat some dicks you bitter idiot
>>
>>9550806
Not into wealthcore at all but they do have some nice basics, don't they? My goal is to look like I'm not the newest money ever to grace this earth
>>
>>9550806
It isn't even wealthcore you mong, it's prep.
>>
>>9550778
if i was a girl with your body type, i would go for prep as well
but, as allready stated, do not go on a shopping spree

get some nice heels, that will allready set you back 500

then you can slowly start building up from there

the most important part is to take an interest
inform yourself
/fa/ knows close to nothing about womenswear, i would not reccomend it
>>
>>9550814

What you imagine old money looks like is new money. You can't even perceive old money because you've never seen it.
>>
>>9550791
Don't believe this guy, he's gazed by the brand's popularity amongst his highschool big boys offenders

Ralph Lauren's nicest line and the one i recommend is Purple Label, see if you can get a dressbor something, got one for my ex years ago and I loved when she wore it, the material is nice and finish is elegant. A versatile expensive dress is a must for your 10k expense
>>
>>9550791
>>9550798
A lot of clothes gets the Ralph Lauren name, but there are a variety of lines/labels.

Like some other poster mentioned, Purple is seen as "premier" and should be good quality.
>>
>>9550819
I'll be careful for sure. Maybe limit myself to $500 max today and mostly just make it a day for looking around.

I wasn't sure about asking /fa/ for female fashion advice but save for my own personal inspirations I didn't know where else to go! I'm looking more for advice on where to look than on what to look for, though, and I imagine quality is consistent regardless of gender when it comes to brands (could be wrong though)

>>9550824
Probably very true. What does "old money" look like?
>>
>>9550652
Damn. Take care of that cash though. Don't change your lifestyle suddenly, nice easy and slow. Your income should be an indicator of your budget NOT your assets or funds. That's how people get themselves in the hole. Stay away from credit for as long as you can, or just have 1 card with a 5k limit that you pay off every month. I'd invest like you said and go to a nice school since you have that luxury now.

For wardrobe, Ralph Lauren has some tight luxury lines that will give you a good set for 10k. Like someone else said go basic for now and acquire more conditional pieces over time.
>>
>>9550826
>>9550839
Thanks! Honestly had no idea that was the case so I appreciate the information.
>>
Quality over quantity, always. Don't hoard clothes, take your time and find pieces that you really like, find somewhere to try them on and then decide if it's worth it or not, never buy on impulse.

Also, avoid commercial luxury brands like Gucci and Louis Vuitton, it's practically garbage when compared to the price you're paying.
Burberry is slightly better but still overpriced, if you've been looking at a coat there, go try one on and then sleep on your decision, remember don't buy on impulse, it might be tempting but chances are it's going to end up gathering dust on the rack.

Jackets, shoes and accessories should be the most expensive items, if you're going to buy a pair of jeans you might as well buy a pair of levi's or nudies, there's no reason to buy that kind of stuff from luxury brands.

Also, old money dress pretty discrete and comfortably, they're used to being rich whereas new money instantly buy all those things they couldn't before and flaunt their expensive items around.
>>
>>9550808
this
>>
>>9550578
where'd you get the money from?
>>
So much genuinely not shit advice from our anon homies
>>
>>9550983
Death in the family, all left to my father, father gave it all to me
>>
>>9550983
up ur ass around the corner
>>
>>9550983
up ur butt with a coconut
>>
>>9550943
Thanks so much! Not really into Gucci and LV anyways. I've never really liked flashy logos and man are they expensive!
>>
>>9550943
This, people should be surprised you're rich as fuck.

>>9550808
also this
>>
>>9550755
you look so fucking qt holy shit
A R I Z O N A
R
I
Z
O
N
A
>>
I'm sorry for your loss, though I suppose you have inherited from a distant relative.

As others have said, take it easy with the cops. Also, if you're really interested in fashion, you can start exploring lots of different styles now, since you can afford it. Make sure you know what you are doing with your money and be responsible about it.

That's pretty much all I can advise, have fun and post pics of your fits, I'm sure everyone around here is curious how this turns out.
>>
File: 1_freja_beha-thumb-280x417.jpg (234KB, 600x897px) Image search: [Google]
1_freja_beha-thumb-280x417.jpg
234KB, 600x897px
>8 figures
Wait wtf OP inherited something like north of 10 milions? And she is worried about spending 10k?

>all left to my father, father gave it all to me
is your father retarded or something? It's not very responsible to put all of family's wealth into 19yo hands
>>
>>9551166
He doesn't really spend money. He's on disability and wants for nothing but a few books. Trust me, I tried to get him to keep at least most of it.

It's being handled by a financial advisor and I'm going to leave 99% of it alone, don't worry.
>>
Buy a property in Monaco, put the rest in a tax free Monaco bank and life off the interest.
>>
>>9551090
Got myself a nice club Monaco dress and some j crew shorts, going to leave it at that for today and give it a think before I spend too much more money. May pick up a couple sweaters or something but I want to take it slow. Will post fits tonight or tomorrow!
>>
>>9551195
>handled by a financial advisor
You srsly shouldn't trust anyone, OP. No fucking one.
>>
File: 600full-freja-beha-erichsen.jpg (54KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
600full-freja-beha-erichsen.jpg
54KB, 533x800px
>>9550578
Live the dream OP
>>
>>9551227
>expecting a 19 year old girl to successfully plan and invest for the long-term
The fact that she's willing to drop 10k on clothes should tell you something.

Anyways OP since it looks like you're into the whole prep/twee thing you should look into labels like Vivienne Westwood and Jil Stuart. Don't buy things retail and look through stuff on eBay so you don't end up losing any money. Even though you do have money now, it's best to keep living like how you were before.
>>
>>9551202
>living off interest from the bank
I am laffing. Do you even basic finance?
>>
>>9551295
I inherit over 15 million and you're calling me financially irresponsible for spending 10k on clothes? Really?
>>
>>9551319
It's your money. Do what you want. I was pointing out the fact that financial advisors are necessary once you reach a certain amount of assets. At that point, it's not feasible, or desirable for that matter, for you to be managing or worrying about your wealth.
>>
>>9550578
uggs, yoga pants, no underwear, pull the yoga pants right up into your crotch

full camel that bitch

and a addidas racerback tank

if anyone critisizes your dress sense

just keep yelling about how much money you have
>>
>>9550578
Just don't hurry to spend it all at once, buy something you really dig into and wait for something else to appear, you can be as selective as you want just try one at time don't be a fuccgirl and develop some taste
Also
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Stop being so delusional. You're a basic bitch.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>9551319
A srs question OP:
what brings someone who has just inherited over 15 million to come back posting on 4chan again? Srsly what kind of thoughts are running in your head
>>
>>9551304
No m8 I literally just put money in and take it from the bank, slowly learning tho, could u explain
>>
>>9550578
how about you use it to start a business you dumb cunt
>>
Buy nice lingerie.

La Perla
Marjolaine
Rosamosario
Carine Gilson
Jane Woolrich
Jenny Packham
>>
>>9550578
To make your money stretch buy from consignment stores. Stick to stuff that you can resell if you change your mind, like Chanel. Remember, quality over quantity.
>>
>>9550652
>definitely going to do a few little donations on the internet
wtf? don't do that
>>
>>9550850
/r/femalefashionadvice

why the hell do you care abut this pretending to be old money bs? anyone can tell it's pretty obvious you're aren't, judging from how eager you are to spend money on useless things
>>
>>9551523
Money in the bank actually loses money because of inflation. The interest you earn on your bank account will never match, or be greater than the rate of inflation (e.g. you earn 0.03% interest but inflation was roughly 2% last year, therefore you actually lost 1.07%). It's simple time value of money.
>>
you cant imitate old money
>>
>>9551410
habit
you fucking retard
a number on a piece of paper doesn't make your life into wolf of Wall Street over night
holy fuck you're dumb
>>
>>9551523
you're stupid
inflation is higher than bank interest rates
you couldn't locate monaco on a map probably
>>
>>9551563
that has nothing to do with buying new clothes
this board is fucking retarded
>>
>>9550613
>I inherited 8 figures worth of money. I'm investing all but $25k
So you are trying to tell me that someone who made at least 15 million dollars in his live had everything liquid on a bank account?
>>
Babe, if you inherited eight figures you would know how to dress like old money or with that Monaco style. Even if you have never worn clothes like that before, someone in your family will have and they would have already offered to take you shopping. You don't need to lie to us. Just ask how do I dress wealthy for not that much? But remember: Wealthy people see right through you.
>>
First get new bag//shoes/coat and maybe some basics in fabrics like cashmere.

Here are some links for general style inspo, some of my favourite stores:

http://needsupply.com/womens/new
http://www.vooberlin.com/new-arrivals
http://www.aplace.com/en/ladies/new-arrivals
>>
>>9551195
he has a good heart, cherish that
>>
>>9551652
Read the fucking thread
He said most of the money is already tied up in stocks and investments

>>9551656
Physically cringed reading that

>>9551799
Lol
>>
>>9551841
Why r u defendind the op? Did j start this thread? Haha if u wanna become preppy just say reee lol nobody gon judge u :)
>>
>>9551849
I'm purging this board
Shifting the zeitgeist
Bridging paradigms
Cleansing /fa/ of unfashionables
>>
>>9551859
u da real
Mvp hhaahahaha forchan 4life get the jokes cuz i switched for and 4 haha
>>
>>9551859
Is your first name reeeeeeeee because your last name is tarded?
>>
plz marry me
>>
>>9551867
Underrated
>>
File: 1381699780399.png (116KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
1381699780399.png
116KB, 800x388px
>ywn never inherit millions and start living the dream overnight

hold me, dear god please hold me
>>
>>9551867
haha that was good
actually smiled

>>9551227
lol edgy
>>
>>9550578
Don't bother dressing "old money", as you aren't, and no 19 year old dresses that way anyways.

In my experience most young rich people dress somewhat wealthcore, but in different styles.

Pic related is a Kennedy.
>>
>>9550851
FIND SOMEBODY TO MANAGE YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>9552121
woops didn't see earlier post ignore this xxd
>>
>>9550578
invest
>>
>>9552149
you couldn't even read the post before your own

facepalm
>>
>>9551608
It's a bit different if you have private banking services. They help invest it and keep your/your family's money growing
>>
>>9552187
and you withdraw it whenever you want, like it's a chequing account?

seems to be what he's implying lol
>I literally just put money in and take it from the bank >>9551523
>>
>>9552187
Most people don't though and it's a common misconception that letting your money sit in the bank account will earn you more.
>>
>>9550824
this guy knows
>>
>>9550850
old money looks like the dude who wears those goofy hats that cover your neck, the dude who buys three pairs of 30 dollar new balances at half off once a year
>>
>>9550652
pls me
im poor as fuq
>>
>>9552032
how is that remotely even close to wealthcore
>>
>>9552211
Usually people have separate accounts for day to day banking and handling their assets. It's like having one big savings account that someone handles for you. When you need to spend money you can transfer it to your chequing account. (e.g. 10k can be transferred monthly for monthly expenses, or a one-time transfer of something like $60k can be made if you want to do something like a buy a new family vehicle).
>>
>>9552032
ate dinner next to her and her family once
>>
godspeed op

sorry to hear about your father, but congrats on the inheritance?

I wish I had any relatives to even have a chance to inherit shit from :'( but good luck with stocks and an IRA, etc.
>>
But yeah, not that it needs to be reiterated, but save the money so you have funds if you get sick like I did last year and can't work >(implying you'd have to work if you didn't want to)

Hopefully I'll find a new job soon. :/ ...Maybe if you ever need a personal car mechanic and tuner!
>>
>>9550578
hey! last year i was in the same position.

my advice: spend money! you will only be this young/carefree once. there is no better time to be stupid with money honestly. steer clear of trends and buy expensive things you can wear forever. spend $500 on a pair of jeans, spend $800 on a sweater, but make sure you are going to dig it next year!!!

overall tho, get some cool interests u can do cool things w money. learn to make music, u can afford it. get a nice entertainment system. make sure you are fit so you look nice in the clothing you buy!!! def surf tumblr and educate yourself tho bc that outfit u posted is kinda basic
>>
Too lazy to read the whole thread but did OP said that she got the money from her dad? Doesn't that mean that she's been wealthy all her life? If that were true wouldn't she already know how wealthy girls dress? Regardless of who she got it from, she's full of shit.
>>
>>9550604
>invest

Put that shit in your savings and watch the compounding interest sky rocket. Saving now compared to saving in six years is the difference of shitloads of money when you're in your 50s and 60s.
>>
my aunt and her husband are worth 8 figures and they buy used cars when they get a new car, usually a lincoln sedan, nothing fancy, and only have 3 cars. their beater truck for gardening/hauling stuff is a 70s or 80s model theyve had forever, and another beater.

they've lived in the same 2000 sqft house in a rural community outside of okc for 30 years. they definitely dont mingle with any "rich" people or any type of people that show their wealth.

their 2 kids that are in their 40s now are all millionaires and could go out and buy a new m6 without thinking twice, but they drive old civics and corollas
>>
>>9553459
>>9553489
shit, posted by mistake.

but yeah, its not uncommon for a situation like op to grow up with wealthy parents but not live anything that resembles a lavish lifestyle.
>>
>>9552032
What the actual fucking hell, from my experience that style would be called "suburb single mother"
>>
>>9553489
what's the point of having that much money then? I understand about not blowing all of it on fancy vacations and stuff, but I would atleast get a nice car
>>
>>9553564
probably didn't become rich by buying expensive things to show off
>>
>>9551000
who died? a grandparent? seems weird that youre lower middle class with such a rich relative
>>
>>9553564
Cause things don't bring happiness to your life
Had I that much money, I'd probably travel more, eat better and spend more on my hobbies and the things I like but I doubt my lifestyle would change at all, I don't see the point in it.
I'd get some used old car that doesn't eat fuckton of gas.
>>
reee can u go fucking kill yourself u fucking whore

>>9550578
just buy a couple of basics then branch out piece by piece, dont splurge massive amounts of money on 1 spree, youre more likely to develop better taste after you branch out from the basics
>>
>>9553614
happens all the time dude

I have an distant-uncle who's a multi millionaire and I work at a pizza place
>>
>>9553564
Think of it this way.

They maybe did not have the end goal of being and living rich. So as they lived their ordinary, frugal life the number in the bank account just ended up being high. That or they value financial security for themselves and their descendants rather then materialistic items
>>
>>9553601
wow how very bright of you, spending money makes your poorer?!
I wish I was as smart as you

it's not about showing off you retard, it's about enjoying nice things
>>
>>9553653
yea a distant uncle makes sense, but then inheriting so much money from a distant uncle is strange. he'd have to not have any close family or wife or anything.
grandparent makes more sense which is where being lower middle class with grandparents that rich is weird.
>>
You've been given versatile advice but not something exhaustive in terms of labels.
Basically, what I'd do is take it slowly, look through a lot of styles, palettes and so on, until I've made up my mind about a few basics.
My favourite brands for women:
Acne, Wildfox, A.F Vandervorst, Ann Demeulemeester, Stutterheim and Otto Kessler.
You could look up sites like Everlane for custom shirts with good quality.
>>
>9553673
actually my moms family is really rich like old money rich

but my grandmother was a teen mother same with my mom so I grew up lower middle class

it happens all the time, rich people dont give a fuck about anyone but themselves, some of them dont leave anything for their kids, like theyre experiments for social darwinism cuz they legit believe in that shit
>>
>>9550578
Fuck thouse have to be the ugliest legs Ive seen.
>>
>>9550597
are you really expecting a girl to invest and not waste her money on stupid stuff?
>>
>>9553687
Here's the reality. Both your granny and mom were spoiled teen whores who got knocked up. Time is a flat circle .

lol
>>
>>9553683
Other brands you also could look up:
YSL, Givenchy, Elvine, A.O. CMS and Falke.
I added some basics/higher fashion stuff.
>>
>>9553699
>Captain Obvious
>>
130 posts come on guys

>>9550578
Read the sticky
>>
>>9551001
underrated post
>>
>>9551608
Interest is like around 2,5% retard. Can even be 5% per year if you agree to leave it for 10 years. Way more than inflation. What do they teach kids in murica?
>>
>>9553653
Same here. My mothers uncle is among the richest 500 people in The Netherlands but we are just middle class.
> tfw when parents don't care about money
>>
>>9553844
And why would you do that you fucking mong? Leaving 15mil for 10 years just to get 1% roi, are you mentally challenged, serious question?
>>
>>9553860
Leave 13 mil and keep 2 for those 10 years, and u make atleast 200,000 per year doing nothing
>>
>>9553860
fuck up its risk free returns, live life and don't worry about the portfolio
>>
Buy something nice, but don't overdo it, you don't want people to know you're suddenly rich. Take care of the friends(implying we have any) you made before the money.
>>
>>9553657
material possessions aren't the only thing you can enjoy in life

not very meaningful

>>9554066
are you stupid? why would you do that when you can reliably get like 4% interest every year investing in shit?

if you don't want to worry about it, you obviously get someone else do it for you, dumbfuck
>>
>>9553864
that would be -200k, not +200k, stupid bitch
you'd be SPENDIGN money not MAKING it, fucking whore
>>
>>9554999
>>9555006
Although you're fucking retarded I agree with you on this point.
>>
>>9555017
is she cute?
post pics?
>>
>>9553485
become rich by depositing 8X the FDIC insured amount in a savings account that accrues .001% interest annually, and is taxed 15%?
>>
>>9553485
wow, you're smart
you'd fit right in at >>>/biz/

probably thinks oil and dogcoins are good investments too

and options trading at home is the dream
>>
>>9553844
2.5% is super high

>agree to leave it for 10 years

that is a certificate of deposit.

no, interest was never that high for them usually around 1.15% for median

i used to buy and sell unsecured surrendered CD's in college...wasn't worth the time or money
>>
>>9555033
selling the day-trading dream to plebs like you is my fall back job doe

commissions only broker positions that are pretty much held open for anyone with an mba
>>
>>9555049
you need an mba for that now?!
>>
>>9555068
you need a BA to work at mcdonald's in the US

you pretty much need an MBA to be a bank teller out here
>>
>>9550578
Where do you people get inheritance and large sums of money from?

Is there something I have to sign up for do I have to wait on a list?

I'm a white male so I'm sure I have a shit ton of money floating somewhere just waiting for me
>>
>>9555088
>I'm a white male so I'm sure I have a shit ton of money floating somewhere just waiting for me
Sorry to break your little /pol/ bubble, but there are like millions of white males in the world. If you went outside, you'd probably realize you're not such a special snowflake :^)
>>
>>9550578

AND THIS PEOPLE, IS THE REASON POOR PEOPLE STAY POOR, BECAUSE INSTEAD OF DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE, THEY BUY SNIHY THINGS.

OP, spend maybe 2000 of that money, and use the rest to improve yourself. Take a course. Buy a car if you need one. Put it away for emergency, but dont drop $10k on clothes,
>>
>>9555104
yeah take the arbitrary advice of a stranger on the internet!!
>>
>>9555100
But but but muh privilege...
>>
>>9555118

Shut up tripfag.
>>
>>9555104
It sounds like you didn't even bother to read the thread. OP has no wardrobe atm and needs to buy clothing. OP inherited many millions of dollars and is spending a tiny fraction of that money on clothing while keeping the rest invested. I struggle to think how you've made it this far in life without the basic ability to look before you leap.
>>
BREWSTER'S MILLIONS
I
L
L
I
O
N
S
>>
>>9555131
ad hominem

doesn't make your advice any less bad than it was before
>>
>>9555133

I only read the OP.

Good for her then. Go buy clothes to imitate a social strata you dont belong in. Dont care good luck!
>>
>>9555159
>dont belong in
explain
>>
>19 years old

Really doesn't matter
>>
>>9555168

>old money

Youre not old money, and dont have the social refinement to imitate it, even with a million dollars.
>>
>>9555172
When did anyone say OP is trying to fit in with old money types? Liking a preppy style doesn't equate to wanting to be from old money. In fact, most preps these days come from new money.

Anyway, I don't see why OPs lifestyle should change just because she has money. I'm sure she'll still want to keep her old friends and stuff.
>>
>>9555172
old money doesn't matter though

like 70% of the world's billionaires are new money, and that % is increasing

who cares if you have to learn how a seafood fork works, at least you can afford better things than the people who inherited money
>>
I bet youre yuropeon
Ive only seen yuros say really stupid shit like this in this board
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.