[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it just me or is kanye swagger jacking mc ride/death grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

is it just me or is kanye swagger jacking mc ride/death grips super hard? from the harsh tech sounds and overall dress... kanye just making it more marketable?
>>
kanyes style is eclectic, there's gonna be some overlap. why does a similar style mean hes copying? i'm sure mc ride wasn't the first to style his fits like that. or do you only care who popularizes the style?
>>
>>9543967
kanye west is a living meme
>>
>>9543979

Kanye ripped off Death Grips' sound with Yeezus now he's trying to steal MC Ride's fits. Too bad Kanye is fat/manlet
>>
>>9543967
way to go OP

that's the eternal relationship between experimental and mainstream.
whether it's art or politics or fashion or food or technology
We never hear about the experimental stuff that sucks.
>>
just asking if i'm the only one who's noticing... don't really care either way tbh
>>
>>9543985
>thinking death grips is the only industrial hip hop group
>thinking yeezus sounded like death grips
>>
>>9543985
word
all day nigga
>>
>>9543985
yeezus didnt sound anything like death grips.
>>
>>9543982
lol is that a furry
>>
>>9543992
>>9543998

Listen to On Sight and Come Up And Get Me. It's an obvious rip off
>>
File: cara.jpg (117KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
cara.jpg
117KB, 376x376px
What style? Is black jeans and a fucking jacket really a "style" now?

I get you like rappers and their big black cocks but for fuck sake...
>>
>>9544025
Im very familiar with both of those songs and they sound nothing alike
>>
>>9544025
coincidence. on sight samples an acid house song, a particularly chicago music genre. kanye has sampled and worked with many different genres and subgenres related to chicago and hip hop, and his sound was becoming noticeably more 'dark' before yeezus, with cruel summer.

DG on no love deep web is not sample based.

as far as style goes, you only have one pic. look at kanye's outfits elsewhere, they look nothing like mc ride. and oversize tops have always been the mode in men's fashion since hedi's dior homme, and earlier if you include hip hop style with xxxl tees and jackets ca. wu tang.

so far you have one pic and one song, the connection tenuous as best. given kanye's forgoing career in fashion and music, i really doubt he spends his free time looking up google image search results for him and biting DG songs. he doesnt need to do that when he can hire a team of artists to make a track for him.
>>
>>9544025
yeezus sounds nothing like either of those tracks? ru trying 2 trick me
>>
>>9543985
How tall is Ride?
>>
>>9544075
>On Sight
>doesnt sound like Yeezus
>>
>>9544080

Wonder how tall he is & how much he weighs. Trying to achieve MC Ride core
>>
>>9544025

you wanna hear something that sounds like a death grips rip off

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRwJMiMfWLg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkgekVh7oKI
>>
>>9544094
r u black, and can you grow a beard?
>>
>>9544144
Yes
>>
>>9544025
I think you mean New Slaves and Come Up and Get Me

Yes, Kanye ripped off DG hard.
>>
>>9543992
nah but DG put Industrial Hop into the public consciousness

and thats all that matters

Kanye is a good artist but what he's doing is so blatantly obvious that its disgusting

I enjoyed half of Yeezus anyway
>>
>>9543967
w2c rides jacket in this pic
>>
>>9544263
seconded
>>
Kanye isn't ripping on mc whatever, but he's vision isn't exactly ground breaking either.

Kanye vision = hedi dior x pastel-core anime x late 90s raf and helmut lang
>>
>>9543982
this dude still thinks hes relevant lmao

youre literally a meme dude nobody gives / ever gave / ever will give a shit about your opinion
>>
>>9543985
still pushing this meme
>>
>>9543992
Industrial hip hop has been around for a while, but dg are the 1st to bring it a bit more to a general public view.

>>9544215
>what he's doing is so blatantly obvious that its disgusting
This.
>>
>>9544080
I bumped into him at a show and he was probably about 5'10
>>
>>9543967
Of course /fa likes "industrial" hip hop
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.