[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ how have you changed since you first started coming here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (192KB, 800x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 800x830px
/fa/ how have you changed since you first started coming here? What's the worst and best thing? Most embarrassing?

I feel like a lot of people change very drastically in the first few months and the. Realize what they did and try to fix it so I'd like to here similar stories.
>>
i cut off my middle-school skater-tier long hair
i hate most of my wardrobe now and only wear 30% of it
i stopped using shampoo
i started washing my face and drinking a shit ton more water to keep my skin healthy
i stopped using axe

the worst thing about how i changed is that i'm more anal about my clothes and how they fit. it's a good thing in the end but now i'm a little self conscious about how my clothes fit
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 746x643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 746x643px
I stopped being conscious about how other people think of me. I had already had the foundation for the attitude, but I really cemented it.
Started dressing in what I think looks good and what I like, not what is normal really.
My self confidence went through the roof. I had created a lot of fake confidence to compensate for how shitty I had acted in the past and I just replaced all of that with real confidence in how I dressed and acted/felt.
>>
>>9486041
I have become very close friends with the Chinaman at my local dry cleaner, everything I buy is immediately taken in to be tailored.
>>
I don't browse here often, but sometimes I come here to get inspo.

the frag threads are nice, but basically I already had preferences, I just make sure what I'm wearing isn't common.

90% of what I wear is not /fa/ approved but looks perfectly fine, and I don't really feeling inadequate because it's not a lifestyle that I feel particularly attached to.
>>
i feel more comfortable in my skinny ass body
>>
>>9486041
Very little. I basically just pay more attention to colors of my fits now and bit more on how my clothes actually fit, also my taste in general has changed to be more 'high end' and I'm more critical about the quality of the clothes I get.
The worst thing is my color palette has narrowed a bit cause I'm lazy and can't be assed to build fits so I just go with few colors so everything goes together.
Best thing is that I'm more critical towards myself, so for example I sold some old clothes and carried some to a thrift store because I realized there is no reason to hoard them when I don't really wear them or they don't go with anything I own.
>>
Finasteride has saved my self-esteem. Best damn thing this board has done for me. Thanks /fa/
>>
>>9486041
My self confidence is at an all time 0, I started staving myself and I hate my parents for my shitty genes.
>>
>>9488444
Also forgot

Recently giving 125 euros for a tee shirt doesn't seem that expensive and stupid.
>>
>>9487736
This
>>
>>9486041
well not really, still wear what i believe to underline my features as dark haired, 5'11 skeleton. im thankful for some inpirations i got here like palladiums and several knitwear items but such things solely make the collection of mine bigger than defining it
>>
realized 5'10 isnt tall (could care less tho)
Stopped being a hypebeast
Stopped caring about streetwear
Learned a lot about clothes
recreated my wardobe
hate
yeezy2saintlaurenthooodbyairakanyebikerdenimsidezip"highfashion" faggots with a burning passion now.
>>
Seriously i fucking hate that "high fashion" shit. you have on an extended tee from represent clothing, slp denim, and some fucking jordans.
>>
just learned that people are judgmental as fuck about people's taste in aesthetics. and insecure as fuck too. and worry more about fitting into a specific style with perfection than just wearing what you like.
>>
spending more money
>>
>>9488500
This basically.
>>
>palewave shit everyday
>anime shirts everyday
>shitty shoe collections everyday

i learned fa is just /soc/ light with everyone trading tumblrs
>>
I feel like I've kind of gotten everything out of /fa/ that is relevant to my life at this point. It took a couple years of online fashion forums, but I'm now pretty much comfortable with picking out clothes that look good in an objective sense that I still personally enjoy.

After a certain point, I feel like you just kind of outgrow /fa/. Once you're comfortable with your clothing choices, all that's left here is occasional inspiration but mostly pointless arguments.

I'm slowly transitioning from here to /fit/. Never thought it'd happen, but being a really skinny guy in nice clothes just isn't better than being a slightly muscular guy in nice clothes when it comes to the real world.

Fashion gives you diminishing returns after a certain point. Yeah, I could pay $200 more for a sweater that looks a little better, and it's a nice temporary feeling when you get that sweater. But you get used to it so fast that it's just an endless cycle of buying more expensive shit for a hobby that doesn't have many tangible benefits. It's a totally fine hobby and people can spend however much money on clothes as they want to. It's just kind of gotten old for me, personally.

Now that I have the clothes, hair, and skin, I'm starting to hit the gym. I already have increased self confidence and more energy. Being both /fa/ and /fit/ really is the best combination.
>>
File: fuccboi pepe.png (82KB, 428x864px) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi pepe.png
82KB, 428x864px
>>9486041
I cringe at my mfa dadcore early stage when i took interest in fashion, that stopped when i discovered fa, which transformed me into zaragoth rick-dickriding fuccboi, now i just spend more time and effort when i buy stuff and sometimes lurk fa for inspo.
>>
>>9488448
>Recently giving 125 euros for a tee shirt doesn't seem that expensive and stupid.
Haha this. Five years ago a $150 shoe was an expensive and high quality shoe for me. Now I barely think there are any shoes under $300 worth buying, and under $200 I wouldn't even give a second glance because I know the quality isn't going to be up to par with what I want.
>>
>>9486041
I think about what I wear
I can't stop thinking about what I wear
>>
Not that much.
I mostly wore memeochrome when I came here, and I still like black/white outfits, but also started wearing more grey.
I mostly stopped wearing shirts with prints, and nowadays prefer blank ones.
I am also considering getting a haircut like >>>9483937
>>
>>9486041
I think that I'm really overweight
I critique everyone's clothes even if I look like shit
And i got some new shoes and wear basically all black
fuck
>>
Realized my wardrobe is shit (it really is). Need to cop pretty much new everything.

Actually have decent fashion sense just never cared much for some reason.
>>
>>9488468
>could care less
>>
I don't have the money to get /fa/ yet, but since coming here I take notice of what other people are wearing more often now.
>>
>>9486041
>best thing
Lost quite a bit of weight, acquired a personal taste, basically forced myself out of my basement and started a social life, found out that I'm not nearly as bad looking as I thought I am, lost virginity, found friends, managed to overcome my social fears and awkwardness (not completely out of the woods but I made enormous progress compared to what I was).
>worst thing
Had a long period of caring way too much about my weight, haircut, facial aesthetics, looks in general. Felt for gothninja troll but didn't buy too much stuff that I regret (thank god for that).
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 500x332px
>at first
Skeptical of all the actual fashion threads and knowledge, thought anything that expensive was bullshit.Just posted in spam threads and the usual garbage(hair,watch,fuccboi gen). Eventually gathered the courage to post a fit and people were way to nice so I started posting much more.
>last summer
Engulfed in the meme. Completely delusional to my situation and how awful of a person I had become. Posted every day every minute every second. Made shit tons of threads, if you posted in any WAYWT that summer most likely I created it. Basically I was just starved for attention and most of my posts reflect that although there are a few I can look back on and agree with.
>beginning of school year-winter break
School actually based me and forced me to take my actions into perspective. Actually started developing my style and knowledge instead of just moving in a directionless pattern. Dropped trip. Became slightly less of a shithead. Really the biggest part was kicking all my shitty personality habits and depression. After that I could finally be happy and truly me which was incredibly refreshing.
>now
Accepted meme status. Still trying to develop my style, still trying to make my own opinions and find my own passages for learning about fashion. Happy

Most Embarrassing:
The one thread I tried to compare Rick and Raf over some really frivolous and just plain wrong detail and got btfo. But it was also one of the most important, after that I realized I actually had to know my shit and kind of solidified my love for fashion.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 320x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 320x500px
>>9490324
Best:
Well I have two. First one was one night when I was really drunk and just relentlessly shitposting and told trunks we should start and cult together and he could father my children. No shitposting would probably be any time a really good thread is created and the usual people show up and actually discuss or even argue rationally with each other. It's really nice to see becuase other forums are great but almost always way to slow and this site allows for a much more real conversation. Sometimes it's nice to take part but really I just like reading what everyone has to say. To bad they seem to be happening fewer and fewer times lately.
>>
>>9490324
>>9490335
You're actually being down to earth and introspective. I like this side of you. Stay this way.
>>
>>9486041
Bad things
>started smoking
>now i buy expensive shoes
>hate 90% peoples outfit irl
Good Thigs
>help gf being more fashionable, she loves it
>people ask me for advise on fashion and compliments me.
>now i know a lot of exclusive online shops
>masturbate less

i think it worth it
>>
>>9489416
>gothninja
kek
>>
>>9488588
Basically. I only browse /fa/ when Im high or bored. I've developed my own style and would prefer to be fit rather than skinny
>>
>>9486041
I'm able to work with what I have much better, can do great on a budget, I thrift more often and find good stuff.

Brother is more /fa/ now. Friends ask me for advice. Found a cologne I really love. Small shoe collection on the low, copped all on sale.
Have a better haircut, always complimented when I get it cut.

NO CONFIDENCE THOUGH. Still painfully shy.
>>
>>9492754
What's the point if youre not confident? Find some hobbies or get /fit/ both do well with building confidence imo.
>>
realized how ugly and badly dressed the average person is (especially on here)
>>
I have graduated from normalfag (clashing colors, fucked patterns, shorts n tee) to greyscale basicbitch
>>
>>9493365
I agree. It's a bad place to be stuck in. Working on it.
>>
Became more judgmental of people in general, especially basic bitches.
Became more memorable around my uni campus and friends/strangers often compliment me on my fit/makeup.
Feel like I don't really fit in as much anymore as I generally don't share the same hobbies/interests as other people.
Creepy hispanics try to start convos with me more often.
>>
>>9486041
i turned gay
>>
>self esteem at an all time low
>used to be fine with less than perfect skin, now I got accutane
>dislike 90% of clothes in stores! insanely hard to shop for
>only want expensive stuff
>$100 for a t shirt isn't crazy anymore
>$400 for shoes isn't crazy anymore
>developed eating disorder
>grew fucking man bun
>grades dropped
I got a girlfriend though
D-did I make it
>>
>>9490335
Hey you're alright, birthday
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.