[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I say to the barber for this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

The only haircut I ever get has always been just french crop.
>>
>>9477122
take picture in and show it to your barber
>>
>>9477166
I don't have a printer or portable picture viewer
>>
>>9477189
what are you a caveman?
>>
>>9477189
Whatever you're using right now to browse the internet take that to your barber and show him the picture.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 640x1136px
>>9477122
crew cut
>>
>>9477189
haircuts are for fancy men with phones only
>>
>>9477206
Computer at library
>>
>>9477122
high bald fade and about 1 inch long on top
>>
>>9477362
perfect
unplug it and take it to your barber.

the library won't mind, just tell them you're borrowing it for a second.
>>
Crew cut
>>
hitler youth
>>
>>9477368
this, you're meant to borrow shit from libraries that's what they're for
>>
>>9477362
print out the pic at your library bro

or borrow the computer

those are your only choices
>>
>>9477122
Give me a high and tight
>>
dont listen to these people saying crew cut... its not descriptive enough

High fade or temple fade...

make sure you let them know that you want it "to skin" or "to zero"

leave the top at about an inch

if they ask if you want a high and tight say no

thats should about do it... dont be afraid to bring the pic in
>>
>>9477449
its not tight...

>>9477584
i just want to clarify my post a little more so you have a better understanding

the high/temple fade part is letting him know the height of the transition... so a mid fad would be just above the ears and a low fade would be at about ears....

the reason you tell him to make it to skin/zero is because you want the sides to as short as "skin" or "zero" meaning no gaurd...

and the reason you are saying no to the the "high and tight" which is very popular so thats why he might ask is because you want the transition from the top to the bottom to be almost subtle.... where as in a high and tight its very drastic and almost instant....

that photo is high... but not very "tight" meaning the start and the end points of the fade arent very close or "tight"
>>
>>9477122
>'just fuck me up'
>>
>>9477610
>>9477584
you are very helpful and obviously know what you're talking about but you use ellipses way too much and it's unsettling. but thank you for the informative posts
>>
>>9477610
Thanks dud, I'm from the UK will that make any difference?
>>
>>9477584
The guy in OP pic looks like he's got more than inch at top
>>
File: do not fret.gif (943KB, 480x322px) Image search: [Google]
do not fret.gif
943KB, 480x322px
>>9477693
depending on where you go the "lingo" changes...

i know for example the the west coast usually calls them tapers and the east coast calls them fades... mid/mediums ... small little things like that usually change...

ive never been to the uk so i dont kno the "lingo"

but "high fade with the sides at a zero" is as universal as it comes... any barber thats worth getting cut by should know what that means...

another thing to consider is the the barbers youre going to... for example some barbers idea of a medium/mid fade might be a high fade for another... so on and so forth...

thats why its so common for people to have a certain barber who cuts their hair all the time... sometimes its not just that theyre better than others, its also theyre familiar with how that barber cuts and will kno what hes gonna get when he asks for it...

but its nothing to worry about... if you find a decent barber a 1/2 inch higher or lower than you expected isnt going to kill you ..

its just trial and error in figuring out what you like and what fits your head/style best..... the beautiful thing about fades/tapers, especially when you get them to zero, is that you can get a new one in a week or so.. so no need to fret

>>9477714
maybe... but that could also be the arch of his head... i usually gauge the the length from the top of the forehead to the tip of the bangs... might be and inch and a half at most
>>
File: striped twins.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
striped twins.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>9477693
>>9477122
>>9477625
ONE LAST THING!! ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT

PLEASE

for your own good... go to an actually barbershop...

If they have a female barber its probably shit
If they cut female hair its probably shit
if most of the barbers arent a minority theyre probably shit

keep in mind black barber shops are usually perfect if youre black
they will do a great job if you plan on keeping the top very short aswell...but from my experience most of them arent very talented with shears, which isnt surprising because blacks almost never get haircuts that require shears....
they will line you up very well tho...

i would go to an asian/hispanic barbershop if you dont plan on getting lined up and plan have the top an inch or longer...

idk if the same guidelines would apply in the uk... sorry i couldnt be more helpful
>>
>>9477122
Are you from Puerto Rico? That's some Reggaeton look in my country
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.