[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are grills the main motivator for you to become effay? is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 1421869669793.jpg (35KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1421869669793.jpg
35KB, 600x800px
are grills the main motivator for you to become effay?

is it uncommon to just want to be an aesthetic human being, that being the reward in itself?

are there any guys on /fa/ who are completely disinterested in sex?
(i know there are plenty of females out there like this, but i'm more interested in males because there is more of a social expectation that they have to "compete" for sex and since fashion is often adopted as a means to this end, fashion as an art is often pushed aside in favor of fashion as a way to influence females)

is castration /fa/?
>>
castration is very /fa/
id say most people here drwss for themselves but looking at a waywt thread you can see thats not the case
>>
I'd say most people don't dress for girls. There is a sweet satisfaction in yourself you get from dressing well. When I'm well dressed I feel a lot more comfortable with myself and everything I do. This leads me to be more confident and out-going. Even when I'm not doing anything important or seeing anyone for my own personal satisfaction I like to dress well. Makes me happy.

As for the sex thing. I would say dressing well has helped a lot for compliments and girls. I however already have a girlfriend so couldn't comment on how much is helps for casual sex.

All my friends see me as the well dressed one in the group and a few of them sometimes message me on what I think of a particular item.

And castration uhh I wouldn't say it was /fa/ in the slightest. Sorry man.
>>
>>9432490
>When I'm well dressed I feel a lot more comfortable with myself and everything I do. This leads me to be more confident and out-going. Even when I'm not doing anything important or seeing anyone for my own personal satisfaction I like to dress well. Makes me happy.
This basically.

I won't lie, I do try dressing better to impress girls but it's not the main reason/priority. I think of it as an added bonus if I do get their attention.
>>
>>9432441
I'm gay so the sort answer would be no.
but I do dress well to feel go about my self.
>>
>>9432490
This is pretty spot on it think. It just makes me feel good, more attention from girls is just kinda a bonus.
>>
>>9432441
I am a girl but I like both girls and boys.

And if I would say I don't give a shit at all that would be lie (for a lot of people, I think), but I actually do dress in a certain way for myself in the first place (and I know a lot of people dislike the way I dress which I accepted to be their problem).
>>
>>9432441
Who is this semen demen?
>>
File: 1331383441105.jpg (121KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1331383441105.jpg
121KB, 500x750px
>>9432441
I mainly dress to impress. I find it easier to gain respect and authority in situations with people I don't know if I'm on the top of my game.

>people are unaesthetic fucks
>>
I started paying attention to how I dress because I wanted more attention from anyone who would pay it to me.

I'm a middle child so I didn't get a whole lot growing up.
>>
File: 1370736418295.gif (2MB, 288x199px) Image search: [Google]
1370736418295.gif
2MB, 288x199px
>starts dressing better
>girls ask: "are you gay, Anon?"
>>
>>9432620
>you immediately come off as a tryhard to your acquaintances
>>
File: why i dress better.jpg (130KB, 1920x90px) Image search: [Google]
why i dress better.jpg
130KB, 1920x90px
>>
Dressing for the other sex is fucking gay and lame

It's only effay if you're dressing better than your own sex to assert your dominance
>>
>>9432629
i just got up to try this, didnt work
>>
>>9432630
You sound like one of those unaesthetic fucks.
>>
If girls are a motivator for /fa/ then 99% of them are fucking up.
>>
Uh, since I myself am a girl. Nah.

Also I come from an orthodox religious household, I don't really benefit socially from it since I'm never allowed to go out. If you want to be effay, you have to do it cause you enjoy it other wise you'll probably try to do it to fit a certain image. One that you think will get you more girls, but in the end it's just generic and played out. That's what I noticed with most people on here. They have this style that constantly reused again and again, one that you see in also all the inspo pictures. Lack of originality is what's destroying /fa/, also the people posting have no clue about fashion. They might not even be able to name a few designers outside of the mainstream ones.
>>
>>9432666
>Also I come from an orthodox religious household, I don't really benefit socially from it since I'm never allowed to go out.

What the fuck? That's seriously fucking gay and sounds illegal

Why don't you move out?
>>
>>9432641
>assert your dominance

At what? Being a frail fuccboi who's compensating through their clothing?

You're 'dominating' a bunch of people who give no fucks about your existence. Good job.
>>
>>9432683
if you think there's no competition between people to dress better, i dunno what to say to you
>>
>>9432683
it's amazing how misguided /fa/ is if they actually think people in the real world are noticing them. Almost every one of them looks like a scrawny nerd in gap cloths that they paid 1k for or a scrawny nerd in all black urban ninja fuccboi tryhard clothes that make them look like a fucking weirdo.
>>
>>9432441
I do it because I love feeling fresh af
>>
>>9432441
>are grills the main motivator for you to become effay?
No, if girls were my main motivator, i would rather buy rolex watch, some mild steroids and simple casual clothing.

>is it uncommon to just want to be an aesthetic human being
It is common in certain circles, if you work at McDonalds sure you wouldn't care, because you're fucking pleb. So that said, you should dress for yourself first, then for the others, everyone who does opposite looks like tryhard clown.

It also depends what girls you want to impress, like art-school ones or stupid bitches for dik-suck. Ya feel me?
>>
>>9432700
those are the extremes of the spectrum and even internet people don't take them seriously

but take a look at fashionable people like me

extremely well dressed
extremely good looking
extremely intelligent
extremely talented
extremely charming
etc.

it's physically impossible for people not to notice
>>
Girls seem to like me more in gym clothes than my dope fits. But I am p.muscular and tall so maybe I'm just less approachable when I'm all put together.
>>
>>9432738
post your dope fits
>>
>>9432441
we like to dress well because classism.

getting girls is only a side effect or reward of successfully navigating classism.
For some faggots girls are the incentive, for the rest of us we just want to show that we have a higher social status.
>>
Subject A: Rick Owens long bomber, DRKSHW detroit cut jeans, Givenchy oversize tee, Raf black velcro's.

Subject B: Brooks Brothers mesh polo, Lacoste flat-front shorts, Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes.

Subject C: Supreme camp hat, Been Trill t-shirt, RVCA trousers, Vans Lo Pro's.

From the unbiased person, A's look is dark and mysterious, B's is average and clean, and C is urban and creative.

From a profiling perspective, A is "dirty" and "goth", B is "fratty" and "white", C is "skater" and "ghetto".

From a cost perspective, A is worth thousands of dollars, B can be picked up in two stops in an outlet mall, and C is middle of the road.

The point being, that it doesn't really matter who you are or what you wear, it's how you feel about it. Who looks at you and makes those judgements is completely up to each person, and most of the time, they're kind of misinformed.

Less than 1% of grills will recognize the value and importance of A, 80% of grills will like B, and less than 20% will like C. These aren't actual statistics, these are generalizations. A is to edgy for most people, B represents a more average look and generally stability (essentially why it's a go-to for mfa and the like), and streetwear is just as complex as high fashion is, in it's own respect.

But it truly comes down to aesthetic. An athletic man can wear either A, B, or C and women will be receptive to it. A skinnier guy won't be as resceptive in any of the three, but will probably follow that 80/19/1 guess I said later.

Overall, fashion is for self-improvement, it's not for anyone else. Improve yourself, like what you're wearing and how you look, and only let that matter.
>>
File: 2015-02-09 11.27.12.jpg (392KB, 413x1275px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-09 11.27.12.jpg
392KB, 413x1275px
>>9432756
Girls look at me more in brotanks.
>>
>>9432770
subject A: a post with made up numbers and thought experiment results

subject A is your post
>>
>>9432771
let's see those brotanks
>>
>>9432441
You have everything pretty mixed up.

- Wanting to dress well as an end in itself isn't really "wanting to be an aesthetic human being." It's more like wanting a more satisfying experience of and relationship to the clothes on your body. It's aesthetic, of course, but it's not a static construction or a status and has less and less to do with identity the more you get into it, tbh.

- Very few people of any sex or gender are completely disinterested in sex. Most people are fucking horndogs, too often thwarted horndogs, but horndogs nonetheless.

- Most people of any gender or sex just aren't terribly interested in most things for their own sake. I'm kind of in a down-on-the-crowd mood right now, which I'm usually not, so I won't go into much detail because it'd be too pessimistic, but... most contemporary men are painfully insecure, and clueless about life and how to deal with their own consciousness. Most contemporary women are better in nearly every way and no matter what seldom just straight derp through life.
>>
>>9432948

That's all separate from how into fashion or into sex they are, but it does mean women are less likely to think of sex as a competition, except for the times it is, because they've had to for their own survival and they've got better ways of dealing with the world. Versus the many men men who've mainly learned to deal with the world in terms of hierarchy and competition and status and arduous, unnecessary, false self-disciplines. It's not that they're socially expected to be that way; increasingly, they're not. It's just all they were taught by their shitty fathers and shitty football coaches and shitty pastors, or whatever.

Women are also less likely to think in lame dichotomies like "fashion as art versus [fashion as social signification]," as if they were separable.

The thing I think is important to note there: as you do things more for self-satisfaction, and you define yourself more, the number of people you care about getting a clear signal across to plummets. You stop craving the approval of everyone and start craving the approval, or really the affinity, of particular others you may or may not have met yet.
>>
>>9432441
Nobody wants to be effay for grills. Its for our egos
>>
>>9432441
Nah I was gifted genes from god, I have to be /fa/. Antyhing less would be a disservice to my 'mirin public
>>
>>9432441
>are grills the main motivator for you to become effay?
No

>is it uncommon to just want to be an aesthetic human being, that being the reward in itself?
The majority of the world's population don't care about their appearance, in my opinion. I mean actually care; you can have some guy wearing clothes he thinks are 'cool' but that doesn't mean he cares for his appearance.

I would venture that there are alot of people that are halfway there. MFA seems to have more of a solid grasp on how to 'dress well' than the vast majority of people, but they have a hivemind style of button shirts, pinrolled jeans and desert boots.

I think the important part is to remember that, by yourself, you're unlikely to be 'aesthetic', more that the aesthetic of your body is modified by your clothes.

>are there any guys on /fa/ who are completely disinterested in sex?
I am, do you want me to get my fedora?

>is castration /fa/?
Could be, there was that chef that chopped his appendage off and served it for dinner one time.
>>
>>9432797
>>9432797
>being this delusional
>>
>>9433016
explain yourself
>>
I like to dress well. It makes me feel confident and when I feel confident I feel much more comfortable. Most of my friends think I dress very well and that's one of the things random girls compliment me on, is my "fashion" and "taste".

All that being said, I know very little about fashion. I dress for my body, for the weather, for whatever activity I'm doing. I have a decent amount of shoes to match things, like five different pairs of jeans and then an assortment of tanks, v's, long sleeves, sweaters and a couple jackets not including workwear. I know nothing about designers, very little about color theory and what patterns go with what. I think it's stupid to "dress for girls" you need to dress to fit your body and accentuate your good points. If you do this then people in general will appreciate your look. And I don't know why you wouldn't dress like that, considering it's possible to dress very casually/comfortably and still look good. Not fashionable, but good.
>>
>>9432441
I want to look in the mirror and think, "Hey that guy looks less shit than normal."

If a grill agrees that's not hurting anything.
>>
File: fa.jpg (1001KB, 2190x1274px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
1001KB, 2190x1274px
>>9432961
>>
>>9432441
>>9432441
>>9432441
Always had a desire to dress "cool", and wanting to get better at "dressing cool" - while not necessarily for girls, this idea in my opinion is masculine in nature or how I am to present it

Striving to be an aesthetic being for its own sake seems to be uncommon - with the idea in mind people would pursue that goal to try and attract others

Fairly disinterested in sex here, but it's probably crippling clinical / existential depression - you often see a competitive nature on this site as well in a way that is masculine; "I can make a better fit for less money / you're a poorfag / I have more money and dress better"
>>
Girls don't automatically have good taste, most of them don't really know more than the average guy. I guess my interest kind of took off from going to an arts school where it was just another form of expression in addition to what we were doing, and it wasn't weird for guys to care.
>>
>>9432771
w2c shoes
>>
I've always had a thing for art, then i got into graphic design and found beauty in typefaces. Then I found effay, and I guess it sort of grew on me out of a love for design and symmetry (or lack thereof). Most of the things i enjoy are just extensions of eachother
>>
>>9432441
I like buying the clothes I like and wearing them because I like them. I honestly look at all style choices as a reflection on an individual's personal taste and personality; if the clothes I'm wearing draw compliments from girls or whatever I take it as a compliment towards my own personal stylistic choices, rather than an appreciation of some random piece I bought months ago.
>>
Honestly I was bullied as a kid for having shit clothes. So now I feel like people are judging me anytime im in public. so I alway try to look my best.
>>
>>9432771
i can see why
>>
>>9432666
>Uh, since I myself am a girl.

girls can be attracted to girls
>>
File: Lastfm_Zach_Hill.jpg (323KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lastfm_Zach_Hill.jpg
323KB, 600x800px
>>9432490
Well said.
>>
>>9432441
w2c sweater though?
>>
>>9432771
>p muscular
>that picture
pick one faggot

signed - 6'3" master race /fa/ /fit/ hybrid that actually looks decent in clothes and not like some frail fuccboi that tries too hard. Lurk more before posting your mediocre pissfits
>>
File: country frog.jpg (60KB, 1032x1084px) Image search: [Google]
country frog.jpg
60KB, 1032x1084px
i wasnt allowed to choose my own clothes until i had my own income, my dads philosophy was to only buy clothes from the charity shop that never fit me so for 16 or so years i walked around in ridiculous, tent like clothes which pretty much killed what little confidence i already had and made me want to stay inside all the time and i obviously had no success with girls

now i think i actually have some kind of phobia for excess fabric, its weird, i literally shudder when i see people with oversized clothing, and everything has to be sized and cut to absolute perfection, still no success with girls at you can probably imagine for someone as fucked up as me
>>
>>9432632
>Shiki
Great taste.
>>
>dressing for girls
>lifting for girls
>doing anything to appease girls

low-test cucks detected
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.