[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hipster/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: homens.jpg (216KB, 1600x1009px) Image search: [Google]
homens.jpg
216KB, 1600x1009px
Hipster Thread

Keep it /fa/
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>9431111
why do hipsters have no style?
>>
>>9431111
>2015
>not knowing about the post-hipster subculture
>>
>>9431422

i have no clue, i saw a couple on the way to minneapolis that looked like shitty gypsies. at least gypsies have some eccentric character, these people were just raping color theory, not ironically as far as i could tell. they each had the stupidest try hard pair of glasses on, probably fake. i was all blacked out in my ervell bomber and I'm sure they thought i was a conformist or a nazi or something.
>>
>>9431430
>trying to act cool
>minneapolis

kek.
>>
>>9431111
It's 2015, the line between hipster and normie has been blurred irreversibly
>>
>2015
>still labeling people as hipsters
>>
>>9431111
cancer
>>
>>9431491
this
>>
>>9431491
actually a lot of truth to this, the most basic of bitches are buying turntables and arctic monkeys vinyl
>>
Hipsters looked a lot cooler 5 years ago
>>
>>9431573
This.
>>
>>9431111
something something cultural bogeyman
>>
>>9433678
that's the one thing that does piss me off tho, all the hate basic yuppies gave hipsters and then did exactly what hipster said they do, and copied them. Now it's all beards and wayfayers and indie folk and moving to The Mission and Oakland and Brooklyn with your tech yuppy friends and jacking up rent prices.
>>
Sure is 2001 in here.
>>
>>9433678
>Arctic Monkeys
>hip
Maybe in, like, Iowa.
>>
File: beards.jpg (94KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
beards.jpg
94KB, 500x601px
Are beardfags not what hipsters have evolved into?
>>
>>9433713
Their pretty tumblr-core hipster tho. Like girls who came from small towns who are trying to be more "cultured" listen to AM and think thats what hipsters listen to
>>
>>9433749
entry level hipster, in fact not even hipster at this point, honestly beard + undercut + craft beer is maybe one step below mainstream
>>
>>9433713
see >>9434512

arctic monkeys is the first thing people listen to sub-top 40 and rich prep kids think it's indie
>>
honestly the hipster sub-culture is pretty much dead at this point. Its been too over saturated with shitty reddit and tublr-core knock off hipsters. and this new wave just does what ever hipsters were doing like 3 years ago. Now the post hipster movement, thats where its at
>>
>>9433678
>>9433713
>>9434512
>>9434620
Went to Bonaroo last year and AM was playing, buddy and me used to listen to them in HS so we were like ok let's see them. The turn out was fucking ridiculous it was probably the most popular fucking band that we wanted to see. Had met one person IRL before that whowas a fan of them. I didn't realize how big they'd gotten. Definitely have been mainstream since at least this horror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM

And yah hipster doesn't mean anything in general.
>>
>>9434634

word
beards are as mainstream now as starbucks and chipotle
>>
>>9431111
Hipster died in 2010 apparently. I only jumped the bandwagon in 2011-2012 and even I think it's dead. I just need to go to my university and look at all the pretentious art fucks there.

>tfw tried hitting on a chick by talking like carles
>tfw only now realised how much I fucked up
>tfw coulda gotten her easily if I just acted normal
>>
>>9434672
Also fuck the beards and fuck those midget topknots.

Also none of my favourite indie bands really released music in the last 2 years, so the scene is dead, for real. Was anyone on /fa/ ever part of that whole hipster thing?
>>
File: 1423462506261.jpg (93KB, 295x526px) Image search: [Google]
1423462506261.jpg
93KB, 295x526px
What do you guys think about the fit of these jeans?
As a 5'8" manlet this is how my raws look
>>
>>9431491
Pretty fucking much. Normies hijacked the style. Didn't believe it at first, but the hijacking killed it.
>>
>>9434646
its actually a bit depressing. They used to have a decently unique sound, now their just another generic alt-rock band.
>>
>>9433713
>>9434620
>>9434713
b-but i l-like the arctic monkeys. british invasion pt2. :^)
>>
File: denim and crocs.png (398KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
denim and crocs.png
398KB, 636x636px
>>9434634
>>9434664
post-hipster culture is thriving
>>
>>9434678
You're short and you're asking how rolling up the bottom of your pants looks.It looks like you're even shorter.Don't.Just don't.
>>
>>9434684
It didn't kill it, it just involved from beards and flannel into normcore

Now that I think about it, maybe as a response to normies taking the hipster style, hipsters are now dressing "normal" (well, 90s denim normal anyway)
>>
Hipster style is not ded. Sure 200X hipster style is ded and has been taken over by normies but true hipster is a state of mind.

Also why did all the good indie music from the 2000s become so popish?
>>
>>9437127
because hip hop is the new indie. everyone is talking about normcore, but every hipster and workwear faggot I've ever met now love memegrips, klaus layers, and RTJ, while wear Adidas sneakers with black raws or joggers, with their plain sweatshirts and beanies with the little label in the middle like Norse makes.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.