[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get rid of upper back/chest/shoulder acne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Mild-back-acne.jpg (24KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
Mild-back-acne.jpg
24KB, 400x224px
How to get rid of upper back/chest/shoulder acne?
>>
accutane
>>
accutane

seriously, it's not bad. it dries your skin out like crazy and its a much better solution than anything else.

do it before it scars.
>>
>>9424833
>>9424849
just do it. the only thing i regret is that i haven't done it any sooner.
>>
mine absolutely clears up if i have cold showers. No shit (my facial acne stays tho).

Try to avoid having hot shower catharsis sessions if u do.
>>
And to get accutane I'd just go to my dermatologist and tell him I've heard accutane would be good for my back/chest acne?
>>
Rub fresh citrus juice on your shoulders.

Wash with Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree or Peppermint varieties.
>>
>>9424833
>>9424849
>>9424854
>>9424904

Please don't do this. Accutane puts you at very high risk for a number of life threatening diseases, and has given three people I know diabetes. Accutane works, there's absolutely no denying that, but the cost is simply too high.
>>
>>9424918
>and has given three people I know diabetes
>>
>>9424818
stop being disgusting and bathe properly
>>
>>9424925
Including my partner, the only people I know with Type 1 diabetes only started showing symptoms after Accutane cycles.
>>
File: muh_face.png (593KB, 1500x1372px) Image search: [Google]
muh_face.png
593KB, 1500x1372px
>>9424918

kek. but ya it's risky. it could make you rage hard or get depressed.
>>
>>9424937
or maybe this is because many pizzafaced teens are at risk for those things... he more you know
>>
>>9424925
yeah, sure
>>
>>9424927
Hygiene is not the only factor in acne control.
>>
>>9424927
i washed my face twice for years. didn't help at all
>>
>>9424968
that will only help with pimples, not acne. If people don't have acne then better hygiene can get rid of miscellaneous pimples, but with acne it will just try out and irritate your skin 'causing more redness, Only a dermatologist can help with acne.
>>
>>9424818
>>9424818
ahhhhhh
the backne
ride it out and walk it off, jeeeeeeezzzzz
>>
>>9424818
just go to your pharmacy and neutragina body cleanse body wash works wonders.
>>
>>9424927
EVERY FUCKING THREAD
fuck off
>>
File: tip.jpg (52KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
52KB, 469x463px
>>9424833
>>9424849
>accutane
>>
Organic apple cider vinegar with the mother strain supposedly does the trick. I've only been on it for a week or so, but I'm already starting to see a slight reduction in redness. Simply apply before you shower and moisturize as needed.
>>
>>9424818

Change your bed sheets regularly
>>
>>9425170

super dank meme friend

accutane works. just deal with the side effects, it is worth it
>>
>>9425119

This. As long as the backne isn't out of control gross it isn't a big deal.
>>
>>9424818
if that's you then harden the fuck up, it's nothing.

you have something to be worried about when your shirts are covered in blood every day
>>
File: file.png (506KB, 700x945px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
506KB, 700x945px
lads how dangerous would it be if i started some acne treatment like accutane for a week then get off of it, just to feel the dank side effects
>>
Does accutane help with face acne too? and if it does is it really worth depression, dry ass skin, liver damage, etc? shit seems scary
>>
>>9427893
yeah it does. accutane is generally reserved for severe cystic acne or acne that does not respond to anything else. I mean it's no different than other serious actions- chemo is fucking horrible but it's justified
>>
I have (had) a mild case of back acne, here's how I got rid of it:

-no dairy (most important part)
-shower after sweating asap, and change to a clean shirt
-always wear a non-sweated t-shirt, and for 24h max
-sleep with said clean t-shirt on

Maybe my body can't digest dairy properly, I don't know, but that's how I got rid of it.
>>
File: `.jpg (37KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
`.jpg
37KB, 450x450px
this was recommended by my dermatologist for my persistent chest and back acne.
worked like a charm
>>
>>9427765
You don't feel any side effects until ~3 weeks in, and personally it didn't make me depressed, I actually have anxiety & go through depressive periods really often, but on accutane I was really, REALLY happy, as if I was high.
>>
>>9427893
They do blood tests to make sure your liver is working, but personally, I would rather a fucked liver than acne.

My liver is fine, skin is now back to normal (drier than before I went on Accutane, but wouldn't qualify as dry skin), and I was really happy on Accutane (Not depressed).

I drank alcohol & used topical acne treatments throughout my acne treatment as well and it didn't cause any issues.
>>
>>9424935
yeah that has nothing to do with accutane
>oh boy no more acne!? now i can eat all the greesy junk food i want and not break out!
>>
can I be on accutane if im on prozac?
>>
Is it okay to wear a shirt at home for two days and then switch it out for another one?
>>
>>9427993

Benzoyl peroxide bleaches any clothes it contacts though. This is why many of us who use it for facial acne don't put it on our bacne-ravaged bodies.

I use benzoyl peroxide on my face and I still have to insist on white towels and bedsheets only.
>>
Good luck on getting isotretinoin if you live in the UK btw, or any similar state that doesn't give a shit about teenage lives.

I had to campaign for 2 years, cycling between several different doctors, just for one of them to refer me to a dermatologist. Who prescribed me antibiotics, despite my pleas. Meanwhile I was in full-on hikikomori mode, unable to go outside.

Hmmm, reading this thread I'm a little disappointed no alternative to isotretinoin has been researched since the 15 or so since I suffered as a teenager.
>>
>>9431966
ask your fucking doctor
we can't tell you that shit
>>
>>9432068
was the antibiotic you used doxycycline? How long were you on it for?

It makes mine bearable but I've nearly been on it for a year now and it must be wreaking havoc on my body.
>>
File: grades-of-acne.jpg (83KB, 576x346px) Image search: [Google]
grades-of-acne.jpg
83KB, 576x346px
>Oral isotretinoin should be reserved for severe, treatment resistant acne due to potentially serious adverse side effects, including teratogenicity.

>Patients on oral isotretinoin should be monitored for changes in lipids and liver enzymes.

>Patients requiring oral isotretinoin should be screened for depression before treatment is initiated and monitored for depression and suicidal ideation during therapy.

In short, if you don't have severe treatment-resistant acne (with nodules and/or cysts), then your doctor is in all likelihood doing their job properly by not giving you oral isotretinoin (Accutane).

If you consider your acne to be severe enough to consider Accutane, then you should be asking your doctor for advice - rather than us.

Proper skincare routines will help help the absolute majority of users.
>>
>>9432695
>tfw grade 4 acne but doctor wont give you accutance because your uncle had chron's disease.
>>
literally just clean your back in the shower. like scrub it
>>
>>9432695
It's also used for persistent acne. I was on it because I had acne for 7 years & nothing would get rid of it
>>
>>9432718
find a new derm and dont tell him about your chrons disease. serious i have legit 2 doctors and 2 derm's (canada fag) and i use them all for different shit.

plus i would always think its in ones best interest to get more than one opinion on anything serious
>>
>>9431953
That's not how Type 1 diabetes works, dumbass.
>>
>>9432718
>>9433532
Chron's Disease is very serious. It can require intrusive surgeries including the removal of segments of your digestive tract. Increasing your risk when you're predisposed to manifesting symptoms is a bad idea, unless you want a chronic illness for the sake of effay.
>>
>>9424818
Get a loofah.Scrub when you bathe.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.