[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VAPORWAVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

What's /fa/'s opinion on this trend. I feel like we really need to discuss this.
>>
there's nothing to discuss. ppl that wear this stuff are major fuccbois that are trying to distract from their hideous bodies, lack of personality and/or shit bodies.
>>
It's incredibly tryhard but in a misguided way. If they focused their efforts on achieving a good early 90s look instead of doing it ironically, they might end up looking dope and having some consistency to them.

In the meantime it's a shallow gimmick. I don't care how much they love their looped elevator music, either they go full Max Headroom/Bill&Ted, or they're doomed to looking like pretentious, vapid hipsters.
>>
2013 is over
>>
As far as brands with a 90s aesthetic, I like what Cav Empt's been doing
>>
>>9223311
>>
>>9223132
collage of dumbass pics on a shirt nothing new to see here
>>
dank memes
>>
fucking gay
>>
Never seen anybody dressed like that outside of the internet
>>
>/fa/ pretends they don't love vaporwave
>non stop threads every day riding Yung Lean's cock. Same with Xavier Wulf, Bones, Glasspopcorn, Robb Bank$, & Pouya.
>>
>>9223978
yo you're hella exaggerating
>>
>>9223978
tbh all these guys make bomb music. With that said I don't own nor would I own a single vaporwave piece of clothing...Memechrome on the other hand
>>
this aesthetic goes back quite awhile if u like it, but it is way too trendy right now for your average validation seeking anon who needs something even more obscure and edgy
>>
>>9223978
None of those artists are vaporwave you pillock. Some of them borrow a bit from the vaporwave aesthetic but most of them are cloud rap, moron
>>
>>9224026
this is the kind of aesthetic that is made to look bad. that kind of stuff only works when it's still 'ironic'
>>
>>9223132
Vaporwave and this whole symmetrical meme shirt thing died in late 2012 early 2013 move on.
>>
>>9224051
>2014
>not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.
Robb Bank$, Bones, & Xavier are constantly referring to anime, 4chan references, weed, Arizona drank, video games, and Rick Owens in their songs.

Do some research you faggot.
>>
>>9224100
Its not dead its just out of the spot light.
>>
Honestly 2015 is all about Lego haircut and camo survival gear. I'm talking all black ski mask (none of that gay ass colored shit) lightweight outdoor deer hunting boots, Flecktarn camo, open carry. It's the year to grow some balls my brothers.

The ultimate factor is fashion is if you're able to pull off the Flecktarn outdoors look without looking like a wanna be army man. If you look post apocalyptic you're mr man.

Get on board or get mowed over. /k/ and /out/ are your new home boards rather than /mu/ and /r9k/. Step up
>>
>>9224106
and none of that stuff has anything to with vaporwave besides (and this is a stretch) anime. go away fuckboy.
>>
>>9224107
No, it's actually directly under the spotlight. Let all the late dweebs catch on to this while the cool kids move on to comfy core.
>>
>>9223132
TFW TEENAGERS STILL THINK BEING IRONIC IS COOL.
>>
wats sum sites that sell clothes like this
>>
File: WINDOWS952.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WINDOWS952.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
I didn't know about vaporwave for a long time. Personally I think it has potential to create some cool clothes that can be paired with authentic fits. I don't mean going full vaporwave or whatever but just a cool shirt or something that you like. I saw a pretty cool shirt that had the windows 95 logo on it and I could see myself wearing that shirt in 2018 for example, just because it's fun and interesting.

s'just me though. pic related
>>
>>9223132
i remember two years ago, sitting in tim hortons reading a "post-net" thread on /fa/

it was kind of vacuous and trendy, but it was a solid thread.
some people dishing out real discussion of what they saw future trends looking like and why these things would emerge.
i remember reading the thread and being stoked on this sort of zeitgeist feeling, all the colours and shapes and vector graphics and shit coming from this sort of incubated, childlike experience of technology and virtual reality. plus the tongue-in-cheek nature of it all, it made sense and was fresh and exciting. it was like all the myst kids were getting bachelors degrees.

but fast forward 2 years and post net aesth is pretty much dead or in some zombified meme state, a dolled up prostitute of its former self. vaporwave did its thing and now has been picked apart by 14 year olds to some weird skeleton of anime, classical sculpture, drink brands etc. without all the heart.

maybe what i understood to be post-net two years ago was just some empty thing, some sort of sentient branding meme that rose up in the collective consciousness and fell apart. but it felt like a new way of making media for the future. ironically, i think it's the intense and competitive marketplace of ideas and culture on the internet that raped post-net/vaporwave/seapunk etc. into nonexistence.

fuck man i just typed a lot sorry.
>>
>>9224106
Not sure if you're trolling or just retarded. Going to assume the former as I can't be fucked explaining shit to you.
>>
>>9224191
Could you elaborate on that a little? What's really so different about now and then other than that it's something attention seeking teens are all over?

pic of a sweet vaporwave shirt I would cop?
>>
File: gloss.jpg (3MB, 4104x2376px) Image search: [Google]
gloss.jpg
3MB, 4104x2376px
I like the idea of post-internet being remnants and artifacts found on rusted hard drives and scratched up CDs after some apocalyptic event fucked up all technology on earth, internet included. What wasn't destroyed is as rare as hens teeth, abandoned computer stores are raided for their software and hardware, and somehow half crushed hard drives can still spit out one or two images before dying on you. It tells a story of a virtual paradise where everything was better than the smog choked skies you are familiar with today.
>>
>>9224191
good post man, nailed it

>vaporwave did its thing and now has been picked apart by 14 year olds to some weird skeleton of anime, classical sculpture, drink brands etc. without all the heart.
>>
>>9224191
>>9224226
What are some examples of true vaporwave?
>>
>>9224218
yeah man, it seems really cool. Like hear me out.
Boy walking among the reworked ruins of new york city after y2k20. Passing by ruined shops and the such, dressed in plenty of pockets and a thermal. He goes down an alley, an alley he's never been before. As he keeps going he's hearing a grinding. It's coming from a door next to a fire escape and the faint smell of burning metal goes into his nose. He looks in the door and sees a computer monitor. Somehow not completely gutted. Presses the power button. The logo. A scramble of images. Some imposed in his mind, some forgettable. Then it whirs out and a wisp of smoke comes out of a tower just below the screen.

vaporwave begins.
>>
This thread is really making me cringe.
>>
>>9223132
it's just collages of random shit hastily thrown together.

It's fine for inspiration I guess. You could definitely work the patterns in to a normie fit.

The music is mostly trash but at least it's a breath of fresh air

its been played out
>>
>>9224218
That or a tech-utopia as imagined by the 80s or early 90s somehow slowly turning cyberpunk.
>>
>>9224252
Call me a fag but I think this is cool
>>
my definition of post internet is that we are now in the place where the internet is banal, everyday. i could, if i wanted to, take op's pic and make it into a real shirt.

artie vierkant wrote a good essay called "the image, post-internet" which introduced the term in an artworld context

but that was two years ago - jesse darling just wrote a really good essay for rhizome called "post-whatever" basically critiquing loads of things that are taken for granted within post-internet - that it's mainly WASP kids fucking with the 90s, which isn't exactly what _we_ do post-internet.

in a visual context, post-internet is a bit of a joke for something wideley misused.

i do not think that vaporwave is post-internet. it is a good old fashioned "resurgence" and not a forward looking movement at all.

>>9224270
point taken, fuck off then.
>>
File: FacingWorlds.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FacingWorlds.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
>>9224214
i guess before, post net stuff was more of a shelter for people who felt a certain way, who had grown up jacked in to digital spaces. like for the kids who used to look out at the sky in an unreal tournament map and get wanderlust or whatever. digital spaces made more sense and offered more to us (so it seemed), so the imagery surrounding all the spaces and ideas we had experienced digitally vibed more with our identity.

but then it became cool (cause it was pretty cool) to throwback to nineties computer shit and that sort of unashamedly digital design that came out then, so it got quickly flipped by some brands and artists. it got memey pretty quick.

also maybe that sheltering thing i described was sort of a phase for part of the culture. i certainly feel less drawn to it, it's sort of a happy place in my mind but i have way more afk concerns now. i imagine others feel the same way.

>>9224233
idk bru

read neuromancer/mona lisa overdrive.

listen to new age piano

play unreal tournament
>>
>>9223132
>this trend
Nope.
>>
>>9224299
so you're saying that vaporwave is cyberpunk?
>>
>>9224299

vaporwave is a simplistic visualisation of our relationship with the internet and computers.
>>
>>9224313
well considering this is a fashion board, how would you interpret that as a fashion other than these copy paste shirts? or just going full cyber punk?

Personally I would probably design clothes around different inspirations in the digitalscape (or whatever you want to call it, I was a /co/mrade kid). Like certain weapons in unreal tournament redesigned or like clothes that were that funky off gray color of key boards (you know the color I mean)
not that other guy btw
>>
>>9224106
>Do some research you faggot.
>doesnt know what vaporwave is
>>
File: planescape4.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
planescape4.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>9224308
hahaha
i guess i stopped talking about vaporwave and moved on to post-net stuff, more of an umbrella term.
sorry
to me, post net was very cyberpunk. or at least inherited a lot from cyberpunk. to me it was about shedding the notion that online was inherently secondary to offline, which is something discussed a lot in gibson's work. it was allowing all the shit you would do to mark and identify yourself in videogames, forums, etc. to slip into the real world.

>>9224313
yea, vaporwave is more of a product of our relationship, i would say. again, it's a way to avatar-ize our irl fleshbox.
that's why i think it strikes a chord with a lot of people. to some, post-net does bring up a crucial question of human identity and the soul. just a lil, maybe.
>>
>>9224336

yeah good question, not too sure. i guess for me dis magazine epitomises a kind of post-internet "look".

i think both aesthetics are cool, i guess i find the post-internet idea more appealing, freer, not constrained to a quite narrow pallette and collection of (vintage) looks.
>>
File: 1231291293.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1231291293.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>9223132
This is how people will look back on vaporwave.
>>
>>9224406
that's how I look at vaporwave now
>>
>>9224406
>>9224412
Then you're mighty fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.