[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion advice/comments/2cilo9/m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: Ame5Fmz.jpg (429KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Ame5Fmz.jpg
429KB, 1840x3264px
http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/2cilo9/modernist_streetwear_style_guide/

Now that reddit has caught onto memechrome will it be shunned like dadcore? What's the next bandwagon /fa/ is going to jump onto?
>>
>>9159658

ayyy jokes on you monochrome was always shit
>>
>>9159658
pastels and earth tones have been very big for a while, i feel like people might actually try and find some more individual styles now that all black everything is slowly petering out. personally i'm buying lots of rich indigos and leafy greens.
>>
navy, maroon, and army green will always be the best palette, besides palewabve
>>
>>9159665
I've been wearing earth tones my whole life and I'm kinda sick of them, I've been moving on to black, grey and light tones mostly.
>>
File: 1414392181272.jpg (26KB, 265x308px) Image search: [Google]
1414392181272.jpg
26KB, 265x308px
>>9159658
>implying this shitstorm of a board is any better than the other shitstorm
have you seen yourselves
>>
>>9159658
is that /fa/coco??
>>
fuck all i can do is memecrhrome
what is a new 0 work style?

gtfo with pastels and browns that shit looks gay as fuck.

palewave has potential
>>
File: myb2ptgBt21t0g44ro1_500.jpg (116KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
myb2ptgBt21t0g44ro1_500.jpg
116KB, 500x701px
asian comfycore is the next level
>>
>>9159722
I'd like to see a normal whiteboi trying to pull this off.
>>
>>9159722
This faggot knows what's up.

Start pulling out them big sweaters and oversized scarfs bitches.
>>
Wearing what suits your body, environment and what you like is the next level.

Also topcock at mfa arguing about which Levi's fit is the skinniest, they're hopeless and this is 4 months old, they don't even post b/w mono fits.
>>
don't change styles just because a bunch of idiots bandwagon it like god look at what hes wearing if youre going to throw all the clothes you've invested in cause of idiots with rockabilly leather jackets idk what that says about you man.... I mean its partly your fault for exclusively buying two colors making it look very accessible since there doesn't have to be a lot of room for thought
>>
>>9159725
this, this works only on asiasn and blacks :(
>>
>>9159722
stripes are gonna make a huge comeback I cant wait. also give me his number please
>>
>>9159736
pale boys would compliment those colors really nicely though just don't be blonde since its gonna throw the entire outfit off like... hair plays such an important to that fit and hitler youths n stuff would look so bad with it. messy hair is going to be the wave of 2016 (2015 is going to be the dying off period for HY)
>>
>what's the next contemporary fashion trend.

Once upon a time /fa/ was about drawing inspiration and building a style that suits you, and you feel comfortable in.

wtf happened?
>>
>>9159759
lmao what time was that?
>>
>>9159759
people want to be "fashionable" for social currency or pussy, individuality and self expression is foreign to them
>>
File: 219319924.png (144KB, 250x377px) Image search: [Google]
219319924.png
144KB, 250x377px
>>9159722
How to achieve hair? I'm growing out from a buzz at the moment, would it lead to that eventually?
>>
>>9159759
I see that as an axiom of style.
This board is anything but that. The term 'fashion' actually contradicts the idea of personal style, because well, it's fashion. I mean, literally.
>>
This board went from a individuals sharing a common interest to a bunch of hypebeasts circlejerking.
>>
>>9159765

>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 250x239px
Test
>>
>>9159766
The sad thing is that grills dig confidence, not fashion.

There is literally no difference from being an autist and a fashionable autist.
>>
>>9159839
>this is what normalfags actually believe
>>
>>9159839
>>9159766
>dressing for girls

end your life, plebs
>>
>>9159857
zero reading comprehension
>>
>>9159794
im 2010 we were still dickriding rick owens and goofnigga
>>
>>9159722
probably this.
>>
>>9159722
>>9157951
The word "comfy" is the worst thing to happen to this place in a while. At first it was pretty cool I started noticing these threads like 10 or so months ago and the we're good lots of mori jap brands and stuff that was pretty unique and hadn't been posted before. Now it has reached the point where spergs like you just say anything that doesn't feel like a cock going up your ass is comfy.
>wow my fit really sucks but I need to be validated by the Internet. What do i do? I know I'll call it comfy then they can't say it's shit!
Parka looks like cheap shit and you look like a freshman in high school. Stop fucking using comfy to describe shit please unless you are wrapped in some huge blanket and some sweatpants. Otherwise you are not fucking comfy you're just wearing fucking clothes.

I'm fully prepared for all the butthurt comments trying to call me on something probably autism or le saltiness but you know what? You all fucking suck and can't dress for shit so it's completely warranted.

#stopcomfycorebefore2015
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 329x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 329x328px
>>9159839

>be shy ugly antisocial sperg

>baggy as fuck jeans with large graphic tshirts and autistic nike shoes
>no girls

>pair of saint laurent chelseas
>black skinny jeans
>white shirts
>qts mirin
>qt dentist intern flirting with me
>underage qts mirin because "lol u dress like harry styles"

kk
>>
>>9159883
the picture you're talking about is a meme buddy. it was posted in a WAYWT yesterday or something and everyone ripped the guy apart because his fit is absolute shit. but youre right about people using the term comfy to justify having a shit fit. it happens. i just hope we can marginalize comfycore to where it's only used to describe fits that look good while being comfortable. kinda like this >>9159722
>>
will techwear and techninjas be the next thing?
>>
>>9159658
memechrome was just the natural result of idiots from 4chan looking at rick and whatnot all day but not having the money to cop it and then going on tumblr and looking at japanese guys in new balances all day but not knowing where to buy that either

it is a degenerate, bastard product of internet subculture with no genuine style of its own. it is a house build on a foundation of white noise and it was doomed to collapse
>>
>Now
where have you been the past 6 months?
>>
>>9159925
>6 months
>more like this decade
memochrome was the top mfa waywt post of 2013 iirc lel
>>
maybe you're not familiar with mfa but guides like that are intended for people interested in the aesthetic not as a singular bandwagon to jump onto. people have been posting memechrome shit for a while, the link in OP's post was just intended to show n00bs how to pursue it.

That being said, mfa still likes americana and dadcore (see this month's top of waywt) and a little bit of streetwear. It's actually interested in way more things than /fa/ tbh
>>
>>9159658
People were wearing monochrome solely because it was trendy? Yikes.
>>
>>9159658
Looks like shit tho. U have better examples of ur shit? What I see, there, is bad as fck.
>>
why do so many people on here feel superior for browsing this shitty board instead of another shitty board get your crap together
most of you are ugly and dress like shit hating on reddit doesnt make you look better
>>
>>9159658
I'm not a fan of the velcro, but with some white CPs, that would be a really nice fit.
>>
>>9160255
You wore it because it expressed your dark and brooding emotional state? Or because you can't into color schemes that work.
>>
>>9159658
didn't monochrome die out last ;year?
>>
>>9160522
>thinking monochrome means black, white and grey

Stay simple /fa/.
>>
>>9159670
I agree with this anon
>>
>>9160522
is this bait or are you this dumb
have all of you been here for 2 weeks or what
monochrome means 1colour could be green could be blue this is not a trend and wont die EVER
what you guys are doing is dressing like rappers from youtube videos and yes this died fucking last year
>>
>>9160534
>>9160538
ah, yeah. i shoulda said "monochrome"
>>
>>9159665
>implying all black is fading out
>lold
>>
>>9160613
on this board? yeah, it definitely is.
>>
>>9159810
>>9159900
welcome to /fa/!!!
>>
Whatever Kanye or asap does next is what /fa/ will do next. Personally I'm still on the monorchrome bandwagon. It's just too easy.
>>
File: 8-squall-c2.jpg (78KB, 487x1273px) Image search: [Google]
8-squall-c2.jpg
78KB, 487x1273px
>>9159658
how come he looks like squall from final fantasy 8?
>>
>>9159658
If you're lifes so connected to the Internet that you feel you have to stop dressing a certain way because a less cool forum started dressing the same you should just kill yourself or go outside
>>
Lmao dumbfucks this fit is over a year old how is this considered "mfa is just now catching on"?
>>
>>9159700
Fucking this
>>
>>9159658
this is a terrible fit
but where can I cop shoes like that?
>>
>>9163055
lel
>>
>>9163055
Squall is pretty meme doe

he's like one of the FF characters who dont look like shit
>>
>>9163173
you can cop those shoes at aliexpress

just search for "cheap fake gook raf simons velcro hi tops"
>>
palewave on deck
oceangrunge in the hold

lunarcore had courtside seats but aint ever play in the game knawmsayin lel

i mean pretty much any "core" or "wave" meme /fa/ comes up with will sputter and die or at best be a niche which won't actually be a trend in the mainstream, like normcore. mainstream trends are things like rider boots, sweat pants, or bomber and varsity jackets. theyre never attached to any complete look.
>>
Monochrome is done. Besides, color is coming back big.
>>
>>9163265
gr8 b8
>>
>9163222
You can cop Ann demeulemeester on aliexpress?
>>
>>9163222
You can cop Ann Demeulemeester on aliexpress?
>>
>>9163245
Tell me more about oceangrunge
>>
i like to wear garments with interesting cuts and construction, uncommon and/or luxurious fabrics and textures, and at least some practicality.

the designers who make these types of garments almost always make them in black. they might also make them in whatever palette that they're playing with for whatever runway they're currently doing, but they also make them in black every season too.

i enjoy buying and wearing clothes with these qualities. unfortunately, the ones i like are often prohibitively expensive, so i must be smart and strategic about my purchases.

now, given all of this information, you'll see why i will almost always buy something in black before any other color.

i don't have the cash (nor the desire, really, though i'm sure the two would go hand in hand) to try to build a wardrobe around whatever-the-fuck the current trend color palette is. if i want clothes with property x, and i want them to go with the rest of my wardrobe, and all of the designers will make them in black in addition to whatever color is on their mind lately, then the common ground is black. and i will purchase black. it also looks good and is incredibly versatile.

tl;dr the most strategic color-palette for building a wardrobe is memechrome. other color palettes will come and go, but black will always be here.
>>
>>9159767

Depends

Three months out from a shaved head, my neck hair and sideburns are long as hell. It looks dumb.
>>
>>9159661
this lmao OP is a faggot
>>
>>9159679
congrats, you're in 2011
>>
>>9159857
>using dressing for girls meme
>trying to play too cool for that
>autistic virgin neet
>>
>>9159859
lmao how new are you 2010 was all dadcore here
>>
>>9160240
fa BTFO
>>
>>9160613
it's just getting big, actually...

.... in the midwest and flyover states
>>
>>9163829
Not like anybody will notice or care
>>
>>9163269
stay Midwestern
>>
File: tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif (499KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif
499KB, 480x228px
>>9163831
>being this mad
>>
You guys are fucking gay, where neutral colors has always been normal and easy to pull off.

*jumps out window*
>>
>>9164925
whoa...
>>
>>9163502
most pretentious thing i've read all afternoon
>>
>>9165352
so you don't read your name every time you post?
>>
>>9163185
underrated post
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.