[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel like the truly beautiful people in the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

File: ef.jpg (101KB, 824x670px) Image search: [Google]
ef.jpg
101KB, 824x670px
Do you ever feel like the truly beautiful people in the world are among some genetic elite and you will never be a part of it? How do you deal with this feel? Maybe /fa/ finally got to me but I can't help but feel aesthetically inferior knowing that people that look like pic related exist.
>>
>>9157045
Yes. The fact that my hairline is as high as the highest mountain and that because of it I can't pull off most short hair haircuts (like pic related) doesn't help either.
>>
>>9157045
no, because my flaw is just bad skin which i can clear up when i can be bothered
also people aren't that beautiful, you've been overcome by anorexic teenage girl emotions
>>
File: alaindelon1.jpg (32KB, 560x365px) Image search: [Google]
alaindelon1.jpg
32KB, 560x365px
No, because beauty fades away. It might seem like a great asset, but it's pretty horrible to see it dying.

Intelligence is way, way more valuable than corporeal beauty. You can keep getting more of it, and it helps your outlook on life, and also can guide you to truth.

Meanwhile, beautiful people all get rather desperate in their mid 20s, when they realize they're actively losing looks each year. Then the middle age crisis kicks in, and it's shit. If you're not prepared, then you're fucked.

If you're handsome AND smart, though, then you're doing pretty well. But the corporeal beauty will fade away just the same.
>>
>>9157642
This

Imagine if you're playing an RPG and you're given the opportunity to choose between a perk that gives you a permaboost of 10 hp, and one which gives you a temporary boost of 100 hp (one time only).

If you pick the second one, you're retarded. We always live in the present, and once it becomes past, everything's gone. Beauty fades away.
>>
>>9157674
Only if you don't take care pf yourself.

Also all of the smartest people I know are good looking.
>>
File: 20141202_152837-1.jpg (410KB, 656x1030px) Image search: [Google]
20141202_152837-1.jpg
410KB, 656x1030px
>>9157045

His face looks like a fucking sports car, that's a weird looking guy imo

In the interests of full disclosure, this is my busted-arse asymmetrical ginger head
>>
No, I'm not autistic.
>>
>>9157797

you look quite handsome but do something with that beard m8, too pube-like.
>>
>>9157045
money > beauty
>>
>>9157797
As-salamu alaykum brother
>>
>>9157806
Nice internet insult
>>
>>9157642
>>9157674
Thanks, guys. I actually feel a bit better.
I guess continually comparing yourself to others isn't attractive to begin with.
>>
>>9157826

I've been slack about trimming it, thanks for the reminder

>>9157837

You have a great day too lol
>>
>>9157849
Autist pls go
>>
>>9157642
>>9157674
>ugly people actually have rationalised that there exists a tradeoff between intelligence and beauty
Attractiveness and intelligence are positively correlated. You are likely neither (particularly the one who chose an RPG analogy).
>>
>>9157926
ugly person detected
>>
>>9158038
Seems you're the dumbass here; they just said that beauty doesn't matter too much because it dies, whereas other qualities can last forever. OP was sad about not being handsome, but beauty fades away, it's not such a great thing. If we are to choose between being handsome or intelligent, for example, intelligence is better.
>>
Have you seen how hideous some of the fashion designers look? Like that anon said, intellect has more worth.
>>
File: UlYuR9B.jpg (71KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
UlYuR9B.jpg
71KB, 736x1105px
>>
>>9158165
>implying beautiful people can't be intelligent. They aren't mutual exclusive
>>
File: 1416943847382.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416943847382.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>9158211
Have you seen how hideous some of the fashion designers look?
I have noticed this. It seems almost as if they want to flourish and be beautiful, but must put their hard-worked upon pieces on unoriginal models who receive all the attention.

I'm depressed and anxious.
>>
just b urself m8 :^)
>>
>>9157642
This person is spot on!

Beauty comes from being smart enough to know when and how to treat your body with the right amount of food and exercise as well as what to change to make your lifestyle more healthy and sustainable with a routine and a purpose. I believe almost anyone can be beautiful if they are smart enough to make a series of small lifestyle changes that over all improve your health and mental well being. That and knowledge and experience make will change how people perceive you and in turn create an identity which is FAR more attractive then simply looking really good. Personal Development, Will Power, Authenticity, Integrity, Personal Identity, Knowledge and Intelligence are the key ingredients that make someone attractive to me.
>>
File: 1324506663128.jpg (208KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1324506663128.jpg
208KB, 1280x1024px
Has anyone from here been or is from Sweden or Norway?

WHAT THE FUCK.

Like. Actually. What the fucking fuck is fucking going on?

Guys, around age 16-40 ... are almost all model tier. Like, 8 guys out of 10 could easily score with any fucking female on the planet.

Image related. Makes me feel like this bad boy.
>>
>>9160006
>captain sweden
>>
>>9160006
Yes, but—I've always found it real easy to score with Euro babes, specially in Sweden, I'm half black and 1.74 tall, it's my skin they love to lick, or to take pictures with the black on white.
>>
>>9157045
So question is: why are we fugly bastards still around with our genetically inferior looks? I love being ugly and fucking hot chics—more so if they've handsome boyfriends.
>>
>>9157736
they just give you this impression.
>>
>>9157045
You can be successful without looking good.

Stop making excuses.
>>
>>9157642

Not if you're diligent in taking care of yourself. Pic related, she's 80 years old.
>>
>>9160605
Are you that ugly motherfucker that is fucking super hot chicks and I'm basically an idiot click here?
>>
>>9161621

How?
>>
>>9161621
Seriously?
What is makeup
What is good lighting
What is professional photography
What is plastic surgery?
>>
File: IMG_5604.jpg (130KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5604.jpg
130KB, 1067x1600px
>>9161655

Tasteful plastic surgery and good genes.

>>9161656

Right? So common. She would be considered a dog at my local nursing home!!!!
>>
File: P-41-MUSHROOM-HEAD.jpg (365KB, 826x977px) Image search: [Google]
P-41-MUSHROOM-HEAD.jpg
365KB, 826x977px
>>9161691
>>
>>9160599
disgusting
>>
File: 6633343.jpg (394KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
6633343.jpg
394KB, 1280x1920px
>>9161621

>tfw no sassy cool /fa/ grandma
>>
>>9161629
>Attractive boy friends HATE him
>>
>>9157642
Holy ressentiment, Batman!

As if intelligence doesn't fade away, as if it's not horrible to watch intelligence die - have you ever done it?

I'm not even talking about outright dementia, which I haven't personally seen first hand, but most people just decline after a certain point. Most acutely, though, I'm thinking of someone for whom "mentor" is probably the closest word, though not quite right, before and after aggressive chemotherapy.

And as if "intelligence" was a real, definite, single thing (beauty isn't either, more later), or that any trait can be said to be "worth more" "in life" or whatever... please, really, if you want to actually try after being smart you have to start with calling yourself on your own inherited bullshit. To try to be less basic. This brains-beats-beauty spiel is a trite upper every semi-smart, not conventionally attractive kid believes at some point(s) in school, and they believe it because it was propagated out to them from old, ugly, vry srs, think-they're-smart men who tell it to themselves to feel better, too.

Feel better about what? "Their mortality," that, newsflash, everything "fades away," that we exist in time and then we don't and nothing is exempt. Holy fucking God, you're heading for Woody Allen tier if you can say something "fades away" and don't figure out fast that means you, too - you'll spend your time obsessing and making clever-neurotic wisecracks about it in between raping children until you die, telling yourself you still had your genius.

As far as this:

>Do you ever feel like the truly beautiful people in the world are among some genetic elite and you will never be a part of it?

Like, sure, but it's hardly that simple, and if you know anyone like that you'll know (like most elite statuses) it's a situation horribly fucked in its own way.
>>
>>9161836
Something else you just have to get used to existing as a constant presence in your life: inferiority in aspects. You'll always be less something than someone. Welcome to being human! Enjoy your equal worth and right to a life, whatever that means in the light of our common smallness set against the rest of existence! Now don't fuck it up and go make whatever you are something satisfying and worth being!

"Truly beautiful" "genetic elites" are also not nearly as common as you'd think from carefully produced fashion images. Self-pasta from something I wrote once when someone asked "Why are most models so fucking ugly?" that's pretty much everything I believe about "beauty:"
>>
>>9161840
>Lily is amazing. A lot of people on the Internet, and a lot of fashion people have talked so much shit about Lily and have called her “ugly” and I’ve always defended her. Last night, I was hanging out with all my sisters from the house of Chez Deep, and they follow fashion but they’re not cued-in to all these models or whatever. We’re going through the American Vogue September issue super stoned and we get to Lily McMenamy in that Marc Jacobs ad and Colin Self—this amazing contemporary artist and performer whom I look up to very much—places a finger on Lily’s face and says, “that is the best face I have seen in this entire magazine so far.” Lily appeals to insiders…people who get it!

Hari Nef, http://bullettmedia.com/article/performance-artist-hari-nef-on-prada-dick-pics-and-giant-burritos/

One of the most liberating lessons possible is that beauty isn't really a thing, certainly not a single thing. Not even in a "everyone is beautiful!!!1!" way. But that everyone is beautiful and everyone is ugly if you look at them the right way. "Subjective" doesn't even begin to cover it, because to most ears that'll just make it sound like it's up to stable, endogenous personal preferences in a fully autonomous subject, as if that were a thing. It's way more particular than that - you can find someone beautiful or ugly depending on your mood, it can change with a conscious effort to see their body in a certain light, it can change on the literal light.
>>
old age will be cured within our life time, everyone will be young forever. dont kill yourselves yet anons
>>
But I think the main thing lies in everything about the person besides their meat body. First, of course, where they read as being in the whole social clusterfuck of class, gender, race, etc. Second, on their manner, their bearing, their own idiosyncratic charisma. It's like Cara Delevingne's Twitter bio: "Professional human being." The only thing seperating Cara from every rando beanstalk blonde is that she's Cara, goofy, engaging, laidback, conventionally pretty and classed enough to access everything the world promises good white girls but choosing instead to access other things, sure and untroubled by those choices. Who wouldn't want to engage with someone like that, to look at them, to be in their presence?

At the end the thing that makes someone attractive, sexually or otherwise, I think, is the sense that in this nutso, constricting world they can help us be more fully human, more autonomous, more self-determined, more alive and sensate and creative, as opposed to being meat machines hemmed in, thwarted, dulled, flattened by circumstances. The fashion system exists to [make a buttload of money because they] create and sell us garments that promise to be tools for that. Models are the means by which that promise is made, and they're hired on [a codification of] that basis alone. If they're not quarterback or cheerleader next door types, it's because those people are suburban and basic, and because to ascend to confidence and desirability when the ability to fail at those is inscribed on your *face* speaks to a greater aptitude.

/self-pasta
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.