[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ and social interaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19

File: 1410395888826.jpg (255KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1410395888826.jpg
255KB, 800x1205px
What are you guys's social lives like?

For me, I feel like I save up a lot of money to buy nice pieces but I never get to wear them out because I have very little people to do things with. Everyone in my social circle just seems bland and uninteresting.

How into cool friends?
>>
>>9042410
I'm too rich to fit in with the average joe and too poor to fit in with the average Shlomo.
>>
>buy something expensive
>don't wear it to places where hot bitches are because I don't want peasants to ruin my clothes by spilling drinks on them or burning them with cigarettes
>>
Hang out at places where you enjoy, you're likely to find friends with common interests. If fashion is your main interest, get a pt job at a store and make friends with the people there.

An /fa/ lifestyle is a lot more cool than owning a rick jacket inside your basement, and it's something you can't purchase with a credit card either.
>>
sry about ur poverty anon>>9042417
>>
>>9042417
Hello Muhammad.
>>
>>9042439
This.

Think: what interests you? What excites you? What are you passionate about?

Tell us and we might help you find something.
>>
>>9042645
>tfw play fighting games competitively and love it with all my heart but it's probably one of the least /fa/ hobbies ever

plus no qts
>>
tfw all my hobbies are solitary
also my uni is in a dead city with little to do
also im boring as shit and dont know how to start friendships
i want to die
>>
>>9042410
u'd find cool friends doing cool things tbh maybe reevaluate what u do irl and start doing more interesting things
>>
>tfw make friends easily
>but burn bridges with nearly everyone I meet

I just don't know how to maintain these relationships
>>
>>9042681
with that kind of attitude, you might as well

say 'hey' to robin williams for me
>>
>>9042654
dude i'm way less /fa/ than you
i spend my weekends posting on /fa/ and shooting at cans in the desert w/ AR-15's AR-10's, mosin naggants, random glocks gen2 and gen3, and offbrand 1911's and wasr-10's (romanian built ak-47) with some guys i met out at the BLM land who apparently belonged to some Mormon church mixed with some calguns users
>>
>tfw constantly step out of my comfort zone but never seem to have fun
>tfw only hobbies now are gaming which i'm not even good at anymore and working out
>wish I could find a martial arts that appealed to me and I didn't have to travel more than 40 minutes for
>the only thing i'm doing with my life right now is learning how to drive because i've taken public transport my whole life
>>
>>9042654
>mfw I have a bunch of /fa/ friends who love playing vydia
>dudes wearing dior homme and margiela holding small vydia contests before hitting the club

It's all a matter of finding the right people, anon.
And I'm curious, what games?
>>
>>9042730
Shut up sieg, that's /fa/ as fuck.
>>
>>9042742
yeah because a 5'8" midget asian looking forward to shooting pumpkins this weekend with a bunch of married 24-29 year olds is /fa/...FML
>>
File: postarticle.jpg (166KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
postarticle.jpg
166KB, 1024x1557px
>>9042654

It doesn't carry any inherent status with it, no, but that doesn't mean you can't make it /fa/. The surest routes to /fa/-ness is to be associated with money or the majestic subversion of money, but another really good way is through simple, shameless passion (closely related to the latter). You ally it with a little creativity and good vibes and work it.

I know almost nothing about that world, but something made me think of Misha Glouberman, who teaches communication and negotiation. For a time, he staged various kinds of game nights (not video games, but nothing "cool," either: charades, board games) at a trendy hotel in his hometown of Toronto, as a different kind of nightlife and different way of teaching communication skills. The events were a hit.

I can't give any really useful concrete tips to you, but maybe try something similar? Find a great bar and talk them into letting you hook your equipment up to their TVs one night a month and then promote the hell out of it? If someone can get people to go to a charades night cum communication workshop instead of going to a club I think fighting games have a chance.

But it doesn't really matter what I think - it matters what you think and feel. You have to create the kind of cultural space you want. Make a space that makes what you love with all your heart interesting, and interesting people will come.
>>
File: 2014-11-05 18.02.26.jpg (243KB, 534x665px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-05 18.02.26.jpg
243KB, 534x665px
>>9042730
I have a wasr ak as well. It doesn't shoot straight but it doesn't ever stop shooting.

Recommend me a first double action handgun. I have a .22 revolver but want a 9mm. I was thinking sig sauer, but they're pricey. My buddy says I should just get a 1911 .45, but 9s are way cheaper to shoot with.
>>
>>9042747
/fa/ is a mindset, you can be /fa/ while drinking a glass of water.
>mfw I wish I could meet you irl so we could shoot shit then drink /fa/ drinks like Liquore Strega and talk about fits
>n-no homo
>>
>>9042769
im not interested in any of that shit, but i'll jack off to watching you fuck berry
>>
>>9042789
I have a terrible memory, but if I recall correctly, berry's female
>and I'm a faggot
Sorry
>>
>>9042767
there is only one 9mm para out there doesnt belong to me, i don't like it

gen 3? glock 17

feels like you're shooting bottle rockets out of a brick with a forward leaning grip

and the slide feels like a nerf gun like i could break it if im too rough on it

but i learned to shoot on a colt 1911, the glock fans don't like the potential of hammer bite, the grip safety and the mag capacity of the 1911's though

idk, i like the 1911, but its really a personal decision.

i mean hands down 1911 over whatever the glock chambered in .45acp is though
>>
>>9042808
she looks like a dude though, you'll be into it
>>
>>9042730
I remember you posting about some date you had and the girl found your AR15s in your trunk
>>
>>9042818
If we can work a strapon into that, I'm totally down.
>>
>>9042821
i only keep the 16" chromelined one in the trunk

the nicer ones like the jdmachine lower noveske upper stainless barrel is in the safe and shit

yeah that chick was a bitch

like i was going to kill her on a first date, wtf...
>>
I'm pretty /fa/ when I visit my locals for the weekly Friday and Saturday Yugioh tournaments. Only guys there, but I feel confident being /fa/ in public.

I don't really go anywhere else besides grocery shopping alone where I do notice girls look at me and when I go to the movies alone, but everyone is busy there to notice me.
>>
>>9042838
Top kek, every girl I date asks to see my guns.
>>
>>9042838
Absolutely, second date killing is the way to go.
>>
>>9042841
what is the tier 1 deck in yugioh right now
>>
>>9042853

I'm playing shaddolls myself, but Burning Abyss is a popular choice among players.
>>
File: 1v1 me fgt.jpg (94KB, 534x356px) Image search: [Google]
1v1 me fgt.jpg
94KB, 534x356px
>>9042861
is a control deck with exodia being the wincon a possibility at all?

id love to use my LOB set
>>
>>9042853
>>9042861
>>9042865

Let's try to stay on topic bois, I love yugioh just as much as the next anon but derailing threads is pretty douchey
> /fa/ yugioh thread?
>>
>>9042865

Exodia or other win condition decks are absolutely viable for casual play. But don't expect to go far in a big tournament. You can top locals with them though.
>>
File: r9k - Sum _1415143945619.jpg (50KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
r9k - Sum _1415143945619.jpg
50KB, 722x349px
>Went to the mall to buy some vidya
>Wearing what I consider my best fit
>See a group of qt girls walking
>Make a 180° turn and walk away in the opposite direction

Anothee successful day!
>>
>>9042645
literally nothing
is that /fa/ enough?
>>
my friends are cool :)
>>
For a second there, I was surprised to see all the nerdy shit people do.
Thanks, 4chan.
Lets play some video games in our sickest fits for the next meetup.
>>
>>9042886
>>9042886
>at gym
>tall and good looking
>walk in front of leg machines in front of all the betties
>caught the glimpses
>blast out a bunch of dips so they can look at my ass while thinking about how sexy I am
>go shoot some hoops on with my bro afterwards
>>
>>9042410
I care about the opinions of, and hang out with a group of roughly 5 friends as often as I can.

Outside of that I mostly ignore people and act and speak bluntly to people. Acting aloof and like you don't care about petty people is /fa/.
>>
File: 1410755416957.jpg (491KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1410755416957.jpg
491KB, 2592x1944px
I seem to make everyone butthurt for reasons unknown. I'm not even doing anything particularly offensive, ever. Everyone needs to just fuck off and leave me to live my pathetic existence, alone.
>>
>>9042625
Salaam
>>
File: magazine.jpg (250KB, 1275x1651px) Image search: [Google]
magazine.jpg
250KB, 1275x1651px
using CBT for social anxiety to make small meetings with group of 5 friends. they don't really realize they are my practice group. I act pleasant and listen attentively, we share very few interests, each meeting never escalates to anytrhing more fun. I talk to boring people at boring parties occasionally as an offshoot of this. (i'm boring too, unless you want to talk about recent Godard films, but no one does, and something about joining some kind of community film club or discussion group doesn't seem appealing either)

I like when me and 2-3 other friends decide to get extremely drunk and stay in, mkaing everything in the fridge, ordering dumb pizzas, ranting and fighting. This happens maybe twice a year, but we would get so ddrunk and disorderly that soon the group started to dislike each other and now most of them will not talk to each other in any circumstance. but I wish I could do it every night still.
>>
>>9043023
Where do you live? I don't say that because recent Godard is my thing, but because you're definitely going to find others for whom it is in some places and not others.

Also, sauce on the magazine?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 567x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 567x463px
>>9042757
Thank you for sharing the advice. I found an article Glouberman wrote: http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2011/07/11/harvard-and-class/

As an average, lazy student, how do I get into Harvard?
>>
What's the deal with 'dinner parties'?
I keep feeling like I should start a circle of friends who consistently throw dinner parties with the expectation they will invite a plus one from outside the group - hopefully making the group bigger, and continuously breaking off one person to join the other new person on an additionally dinner party the new person holds with all new people from the new person's circle of friends, while still maintaining a homebase dinner party.

anyone do this?
>>
>>9043036
toronto.
a magazine that doesn't yet exist, I was going to make, but I have no photographer, as of yet, not sure why i posted it actually.
>>
>>9043042
are u 50 dude
>>
>>9043058
i kno right.but dinner parties are pretty great. you get to get drunk as hell, and are forced to sit around ppl. not like a party where you get couch stuck or in a corner or end up outside smoking. u have your seat an it is your place and your right place.
>>
>>9043049
what uni bixch
>>
I surf and hike quite a lot with my friends, we own a craft beer company in San Diego together so we go to events, tastings, and bars a lot, I eat dinner at my mom's restaurant once or twice a week or sometimes I just don't, I have a house of my own so my friends are sometimes over and we play cards or pool or chill at the pool when the weather is good, I go to Tijuana on most weekends because we're starting to sell our beer at a few places down there, I hang out with my little brother a lot (15) we go have some burgers or hang out at the beach and I take him shopping (loads of football stuff since he plays), I have lots of friends in the arts and making music so I take my girlfriend to shows or architecture expos with a few friends studying that and stuff and I hit the gym every week night.

Life is pretty good right now, all my friends are into the stuff I'm into and my gf likes riding in my Jeep and getting it rough so I'm a happy camper
>>
>>9042410
i have somewhat related feels

i have one friend i hang out with basically

most of my time is spent at work/by myself/with my girlfriend who doesn't give a shit about clothing besides copping nice basic fits from uniqlo

honestly i felt like shit about being into clothing with no where to go for a while until i started adapting my taste in clothing to my lifestyle (more toned down, less in your face and attention grabbing)

honestly though nothing about having "fashion" friends seems appealing. same with "music" friends who hang out and work at record stores and shit idk why are people so categorized like the reason i'm into music/fashion/art type stuff is because i want to develop as a person and move towards what i find pleasing to my senses, not pigeonhole myself into "that clothing guy" or whatever

i just wanna fuck around in the city by myself/with my gf and maybe meet a few cool people along the way (into clothing or not). maybe things will change when i move to a bigger city i'm not sure

sorry for the blog post
>>
>>9043081
i dont respond to people who call me names.
>>
>>9043108
holy shit dude. you have an awesome life. are you hiring at all??
>pls hire me, id deffo move to SD and chill with you dudes
>>
>>9044044
sorry. what university do you go to mate?
>>
I'm a software engineer but to be honest I'm more interested in being friends with people who are more into the arts eg music/art/books/films/fashion etc

what do? should I be looking for a club or something for those things? honestly an art or book club or whatever might be cool but I don't think I'd be able to contribute much since I'm quiet and I'm pretty shit at expressing myself especially at things like art.
>>
>>9044143
someone needs to answer this cause i'm a freshman compsci major and i'm already feeling the pain of how autistic and uncultured my fellow compsci majors are

i don't mean to sound pretentious by calling them uncultured but they really don't know anything except java and video games

i was originally an econ major but i decided to major in compsci for practicality, job opportunities out the ass, and i'm pretty interested in it, but my personality is more in line with econ majors if that makes sense
>>
>>9044193
where you at?

none of them know c/c++ either and they are always vaguely racist or homophobic to which is slightly concerning
>>
>>9044193
>my personality is more in line with econ majors

>panic.jpg

Just don't involve yourself with your classmates outside of classes.
>>
>>9042654
Nothing wrong with being /fa/ and playing games, though. I wouldn't call my gamer friends /fa/ but they're all chill as fuark and give me a lot less of a hassle about the clothes I wear than my "normal" friends.

Plus being really good at something is /fa/ even if it is just video games. My current girlfriend is a sorority girl who can be a pretty stereotypical sorority girl at times and she says it turns her on when I five stock scrubs in Smash Bros. Do what you like and be you, people respond well to that. There really are few things more /fa/ than being happy with yourself.
>>
>>9042410
I guess mine is going pretty well, it was better a few months ago when I had a boyfriend though
He was a chill guy and we mostly just lay around together and got high/had sex/watched movies or walked around parks
I study art theory and arts, the people at the art campus are definitely cool and I want to try and make more friends there
I have two really good friends who are so similar to me and we have some amazing memories together. Every now and then we do psychedelics mdma or dissociatives and it builds friendships like nothing else.
But I really want to make the sort of friends I can go out to pubs with
Tbh tho I'm happy this way I get a lot of time to myself which I like and I have meaningful friendships
I also don't mind being single really, someone without fail will throw a house party every week and I always end up hooking up later to become friends with benefits
Also I just got a job as a waitress and I volunteer at an art gallery (will be getting a job there next year)
>>
>>9042681
what are your hobbies?
>>
File: ikdrfb.jpg (36KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
ikdrfb.jpg
36KB, 500x461px
>>9042721
every. time. for years now.
I just called it quits this week and just going full mode lone wolf. fuck humans and hoes. you only really have yourself
>>
>>9042439

Go back to the ktichen please
>>
File: Edge (30).jpg (31KB, 259x350px) Image search: [Google]
Edge (30).jpg
31KB, 259x350px
>>9042950
>>9042992
>>
>>9042410
Im working in club industry, talking with people, meeting, flirting with woman its part of my life.
So yea, im pretty socialized.
>>
>>9044193
I don't get it, I went to uni south Carolina as a political science major and had a ton of classes that weren't based around political science. Do you only ever see these nerds or do you get to branch out to other areas as well? Maybe try taking a few random classes for fun, I took a first aid class that was 25 hot girls and me and another bro. It was a great class. You don't get the option of doing any other classes like that?
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 640x960px
Started university a month ago and don't have any kind of solid friend group/circle.
Is starting a band a good idea? I could join the music society and try that, I play guitar and sing a lot.
>>
>>9044143
where do u live
>>
>>9045095
w2c everything
>>
>>9045095
I'm in same situation, except it's almost a year in and I'd do that if I could play an instrument or sing
>>
File: Photo on 06-11-2014 at 15.01.jpg (132KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 06-11-2014 at 15.01.jpg
132KB, 1080x720px
ayeeee when i see people wearing rick or fit's that kanye west would approve of i know they suck

if you have boring friends u're probably a boring person
>>
>>9045095
The easiest thing ever is to make friends during college.I was taking some art course at this art university and goddamn it was amaizing.I would just walk outside and start talking with random people and making friends.Can't wait to spend my next 5 years there,but now i'm stuck with nothing to do until next year.You can do it anon.Nice fit too
>>
Used to play games competitively then I quit and got my shit together. Now I have good friends and go out with a lot of girls. I feel empty though because I don't like any of these girls and I'm so callous to their feelings. Honestly, I just miss my ex. I've become addicted to buying clothes now though, I constantly sell and buy new clothes and every time I get one of my grail pieces I instantly find another so I am never content.
>>
>>9044200
mizzou lmao. a lot of the people here just happen to know java, some of them know c++, but our uni's program mostly focuses on c.
>>9044205
>>9045071
well basically this uni is set up in such a way that you almost always end up in a dorm surrounded by people in your major. it's also a really big uni, so you pretty much have to join a club in order to make it seem smaller, as they say. I just don't have time for clubs this year, all of my classes are really time consuming.
I'm in non compsci classes ofc, but only only one of them is a small class, it's like the secondary "discussion" class that's required to be taken along with calculus. very coincidentally, most of the people in that discussion class are either compsci or engineering majors lol, I know like 5 people in there are in the same cs lecture as I am.
>>
>>9045095
starting a band is a great idea btw
>>
>>9043040
harvard and top unis in general just seem like such weird environments to be in
>>
>>9042410
>acquaintances with some of the best photographers make up artists and models in the greater new york area
>never leave my house
I would rather shitpost on /fa/ and do drugs.
>>
File: 1378920736265.jpg (297KB, 919x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1378920736265.jpg
297KB, 919x1222px
>>9045555
ch-check em bitches
>>
>want to study fashion
>am literally retarded at math

what do
>>
>>9045566
take the math courses over summer
>>
Create your own social life. /fa/ is retarded as shit when it comes to social interaction. Chances are if you can afford to cop Rick or whatever we're dickriding right now, you can afford to go out and buy a coffee and study. That's how you meet people, by being available to be met.
>>
>>9045566
what?
since when fashion degrees require math
>>
>>9045593
I bet you 10000$ that NOONE will fucking approach me if I just go buy a coffee and study

NOONE

who even does that to males? nobody
or maybe I'm just ugly or creepy looking or intimidating or sth
>>
>>9045603
just say that in the coffee shop and bitches will suddenly be all over you
>>
>>9042410
Biking around my small ass town with one or two of my few friends we talk about women and fashion eat pinkie and drink cider in the many fields that my state has
>>
I hang out with mainly one friend because he laughs at all my jokes.
>>
>tfw filmmaker
>>
>>9045596
are you really this stupid
>>
>tfw no /fa/ friends who have good /mu/, /lit/ and /tv/ tastes to hang out with and play mtg with.
>>
>>9045852
No, are you? Are you a fucking school boy or something? Or do you think that education requirements and processes are same everywhere? Stupid whoreson cuckold, no matter you're mathematically retarded (if you're that guy ofc.)
>>
>>9045852
why would a fashion degree require anything beyond the normal required algebra classes
>>
>>9045878
>no wonder*
>>
>>9044893
how do you get into this?
>>
> be le me
> hanging out with derpina
> derpina says i'm nice
> derpina friendzone me
> derp keep it cool and acts nicely
> derp is sad deep down
xD
>>
>>9045871
what the fuck is mtg?
>>
>>9045095
w2c that bomber? it's perf
>>
I don't spend a lot of money in clothes, but I do into shoes. The only expensive garments I own are: one pair of Acne denims, two Acne trousers, and a couple of Norse project's oxfords on sale.

I sell tickets for underground music events as a part time job. Also I work in the staff in a nice night club in my city's downtown. I have to know people, lots of them. in order to make my job. My work consist in staying in the lobby, acting effay with my coworkers, we also help managing the reservations and attending some costumers when there's a lack of personal. I have an active social life, but it's like my job.
>>
>>9045532
Weird, but in a good way. You gain connections that will benefit you for the remainder of the time you spend on this planet.
>>9045095
sick
>>
File: 32856105.png (36KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
32856105.png
36KB, 1000x800px
transferred to a uni a couple quarters ago and made some friends, had a good group going the first quarter, mostly freshman, some qts. kinda drifting apart already since we all going different ways and i havent done a good job in making new friends.they're all getting gfs and shit now too.we dont really hang out outside of school since i have weeb hobbies.

>tfw 22
>tfw virgin
>"hey anon, you're nice, how come you don't have a girlfriend?"

i dont even pretend to come up with an excuse, i just tell them i'm too beta and shitty with girls.

overall transferring to a uni has helped my social life though, i used to be a neet and sad all the time. i havent cried to sleep since i moved 6 months ago, so that counts for something.
>>
>>9042410
Everyone in my social circle just seems bland and uninteresting.

What does that say about you?
>>
>>9047442
oooohhhh
>>
I will finish architecture school this year and next year i will start graphic design. Me and a group of friends organize DJ parties and/or concert shows, most of my friends have indie rock bands. I usually DJ at these parties and at other people parties. I already played at almost all alternative DJ parties in the city. (it's a medium-size city). I had 2 bands, one played a lot locally and the other just recorded an EP. I started a twee/indie pop band this year and I'm recording an EP this month.

All my friends I met in bars and parties and through mutual friends. They are the most intelligent, funny and stylish people I know.
Also I have a gf who is gonna be a chef next year.
Am I /fa/?
>>
>tfw most of the people in my city are basic af and uninteresting
>uni is filled with bland white privileged kids
>have lots of aquaintances and a few close friends
>just got a friend to buy their first non fast fashion piece :'^)
You gotta mold them into your vision.
>>
Party and bullshit and party and bullshit
>>
File: itknows.jpg (18KB, 283x189px) Image search: [Google]
itknows.jpg
18KB, 283x189px
>>9042410
smoke the 420kushkush and party
>>
Played competitive Magic for a while ( well used to, nowadays just play online). It's not as /fa/ as poker, but I think just winning at anything in general is /fa/. Also visiting cities for Pro Tours can be /fa/ as fuck
>tfw got to wear my dope fits while walking the streets of Paris for a PT.
>>
>>9047666
Have you ever played hearthstone? I know it's casual compared to magic but it's p fun.

>tfw hearthstone is the only fun game I can play since I'm stuck with an IPad
>>
>>9047676
I have. I hit legend with Lock Zoo and Hunter. The game is nice and is going to be huge. I prefer Magic's drafting to Hearthstone's Arena. Also, the mechanics in Magic may be more difficult to understand, but overall make it a better game. MODO is shit right now though, so Hearthstone is pretty sick in that regard.
>>
atleast you dont go to a 98% female to 2% gayboi fashion school where your dorm is like 100,000 dicks away from the actual campus and you can't even go outside for a cigarette without getting judged by the nigger security guards

fashion institute of technology is a shit
>>
>>9047430

that awkward feeling when you have a crush on imaginary assassin waifu in your pic
>>
>>9042410
lol this faggot looks like a bad guy from that old superman shit
>>
>>9044136
dont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocaddont say ocad dont say ocad
>>
>>9043023
What does cock and ball torture have to do with anxiety
>>
>>9045850
film makers can be very effay or very fedoracore
>>
>>9042429
i know this feel
i end up just wearing the same old shit even though i have a ton of stuff in my closet. it only comes out when i'm sure it won't get destroyed ;_;
>>
>>9047688
1)

>atleast you dont go to a 98% female to 2% gayboi fashion school

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT DEMOGRAPHICS IN NEW YORK. DO YOU REALIZE HOW ASININE THAT IS.

2)

>100,000 dicks away from the actual campus

As opposed to the average yung New Yorker who's 45 minutes from the Garment District by subway, and who has to pass through Penn Station - *Penn fucking Station* - getting there?

Also, the problem with the 31st street building (that's gotta be where you are, right?) isn't that it's oh-so-far from 27th. It's that it's in literally the worst part of Manhattan, and that's really the only complaint you can lodge against FIT - the upper west twenties are fucking terribad. But you know what? Even on 31st, you're ten minutes from Gallery Chelsea or the Garment District, fifteen minutes to the Ace, etc. etc.

People long, struggle, suffer, and die to be situated like you (and less so, I, I'm 75-90 minutes from anything) are. Stop kvetching.

3)

>nigger

Quit. I'm not kidding. One John Galliano is enough. Move to Idaho or Alabama to be with your kind and don't sully the world with your clothes.

What... were you even thinking going to FIT if you think like this? And if you don't, why the fuck would you use that word against some random of color forced into being a rentacop to survive, just because you've talked yourself into thinking he's "judging you." For smoking. In New York.

Truth is, he probably is judging you, not for smoking, but on class grounds, and correctly.

4)

>fashion institute of technology is a shit

FIT is an awesome school and I know working designers who would shank you for your library access. I'm not even a designer and I'd shank you for library access. Stop being such a petulant, narrow shit and be grateful for what you have.
>>
>>9047727
ocad
>>
>>9047209
How did you ever get such a job?
>>
>>9047974
fucking told
>>
>>9047974

I feel like you replied to a troll

but god good you're right, he sounds like a spoiled fuck
>>
File: 2014-03-26-Alone_Man1440x900.jpg (258KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-26-Alone_Man1440x900.jpg
258KB, 1440x900px
most of my good (and more /fa/) friends moved away to uni and I barely see them now, and all my local friends do is chill and smoke weed and cigs. Now I've moved to uni too (less than an hour away though) and I've only made one new friend. I don't think I'm some unique snowflake, but it's hard for me to relate to people here.
>>
I had very few (like two) friends who I found very boring and bland. So I never did anything with them, never left the house, until I was completely desocialised. I'm studying physics, so I couldn't relate to most of the rather weird people around here. Until I found myself completely alone one day and had to work with other people to get shit done. I noticed that these "weird" people weren't so bad after all. It was just my completely arrogant mindset that I was somehow better than other people or deserved something better that destroyed my social life beyond repair. I know it sounds pretentious, but I think when you socialise as little as I do, you somehow forget who you are, what you really want and who the people are that you trust. I feel so numb when I'm around other people, it's crazy.

But I think I know now, that I don't want to be around beautiful people who make me feel bad about myself again. I know that these people won't make me a better person, just like /fa/, /fit/ and all these other "transcendental" boards won't actually improve anyone.

I really regret these things, and I really regret listening to /fa/ the way I did. And I don't mean buying meme shoes and stuff like that. I mean this "throw your life away and build a new, better one"-attitude. You don't need this to be someone.

Sorry for language, this post was particularly bad.
>>
>>9042865
w2c unglued island
>>
>>9049897
>using a piece of shit in a toilet bowl
>not using unhinged masterrace
Some people just enjoy eating garbage I guess.
>>
>>9049906
>implying toiletbowl art is unglued and not Zendikar full art

Stay pleb
>>
>>9049556
great post, I can relate to this
>>
>>9042721

holy fuck this, i don't understand me neither.
>>
>>9049556
lol you fell for the "tfw no /fa/ gf" meme? i think everybody knew the autistic antisocial thing was a joke except for you lol
>>
>>9047974
hahahahaha insufferable shitposting about my life and that response wall damn I guess life is pretty fair for me kek
>>
File: 1317047940267.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [Google]
1317047940267.png
5KB, 601x695px
I usually am "that dude" who everyone seems to know but I don't even know these people, always happen when I come/settle to a new place or job.

I have few real friends whom I could really trust. I also have a small circle of friends but most of them are from workplace.

My current job however have the coolest people of all. I'm surprised how I could go well with most of them, even my best friend told me I'm not the kind of guy who could get along easily. Though next year I'm going to land another job and I'm going to miss them a lot. :(
>>
>>9047974
also where was it implied I was doing design smh pretentious dick for brains autistic people like you are the reason i'm so disappointed in my surroundings

"my kind" yet I'm still a native new yorker that doesn't change my opinion that FIT is a shit, but now I can say New York is a shit also almost completely after living here for a year or so and tons of my peers feel the same but i'm a "petulant, narrow shit" for admitting that??

tldr; mind your own business I cannot be fucked by any sort of pretentious shit telling me I should be happy with my situation when I'm still paying my tuition and dorming expenses with debt and putting myself through hours upon hours mindless curriculum a fucking middle schooler could understand all for the hope of landing a decent job in one of the most competitive industries in the world but i'm still a). broke indefinitely b). on my own in one of the most depressing settings in the country and c). completely unsatisfied with the quality of the people around me exhibit A being someone like you the all knowing douschefuck who should put me down for "kvetching" lmao goy on some stupid thread on /fa/ good god man you really did tell me
>>
friends - 0
>>
>>9045156
>The easiest thing ever is to make friends during college

>>
File: the_dreamers_8.jpg (54KB, 629x428px) Image search: [Google]
the_dreamers_8.jpg
54KB, 629x428px
Pick a big art museum that interests you and buy a membership. You'll find this useful in a lot of ways:

-- You can go all the time and it doesn't cost any more.
-- You can dress /fa/ and it will be appreciated.
-- There's a coffee shop and a book store to hang out in and meet people.
-- You can talk to girls in the galleries even if you know nothing about art. If she's looking at an interesting object, walk over and be self-deprecating and with a laugh say "I don't get it; help me out here."
-- You'll get invited to all kinds of events. Every big art museum has tours, music, films, "young friends", holiday themed crap, and other stuff. Make yourself go.

Disclaimer: museum curator.
>>
>>9051357
>tfw only NY's art galleries are cool to hang out in because everyone dresses nice
>tfw even though my city has great museums they're swarming with tourists from the midwest and school groups filled with middle schoolers who give me looks for dressing /fa/
>>
>>9048045
you moms spoiled as fuck
>>
>>9051372
im from the midwest

all of the cool/attractive people go to the museums here, because there are few of them and everywhere else has real midwest hicks there.
>>
Is anyone on /fa/ interested in graffiti?
Any recommendations on documentaries, books, techniques I should check out awhile?
>>
>>9051470
which museums do you visit hailey?
>>
File: photo (8).jpg (635KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
photo (8).jpg
635KB, 1224x1632px
I don't have a social life. So I don't go to any parties really. I'm a student, so that takes up some of my time. My hobbies include music, coffee, current events, and (recently) both running and League of Legends. I don't have too much of a problem with meeting girls, but every girl I've met over the past 7 weeks has since cut off contact with me. The first I met during an orientation event and got coffee. We texted for a week and then things faded (her fault). The next I met while smoking, and that friendship/sexship lasted 5 or so weeks until we got into an argument, leading her to cut off communication with me. The next was the prior one's friend, who I also had a sexship with but I guess got bored of me after the 2nd time. The last one was a Chinese exchange student, and we actually wound up going out but broke up after 2 weeks, and she refuses to contact me.

So tbh the problems must mostly be with me

Eventually I plan to go into more traditional menswear and join student/other organizations. Over the summer I bought nice dress pants and shirts. I'll eventually need to slim the pants, buy a suit jacket, and buy a better belt to accomplish that look. Also better shoes. I don't want to spend too much money right now though, so I'm in between looks rn
>>
>>9051514
I really liked Exit Through The Gift Shop
>>
>>9050388
0/8
>>
>>9051514
how come its always immigrants of low intelligence that fall into the edgy trap of spray paintingshit
>>
>>9051560
brah, it's your penis brah.
>>
>>9044143
Go to these clubs. The hardest part is actually making yourself go. Even if the other people seem to be contributing more than you in a discussion, don't let that stop you. Just keep trying to talk about what comes to mind, and eventually the people (if they're worth a shit) will open up to you more.

It's hard at first, but it's worth it. I've gotten a lot better with my social anxieties and oddities, and even though I still think I have a little ways to go, I'm glad I have.

Just give it a go, dude. You're more capable than you think you are.
>>
>>9051607
I was into it till I was 16, even got arrested because a nigger gurl ratted on me.

now I laugh at adults that are into graf.
I still doodle but thats just bc of habit.
where are me bombingscience dot org slash forum bros at?

my usernames:
>mtown
>iselldope
>otter
>>
>>9051703
delinquent juvenile
>>
>>9051612
hahah that's actually one of the few things i have going for me... it's my personality :/
>>
>>9043872
This. I'd hang out with you if you lived in SoCal
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.