[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to name only one designer or brand as MOST relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 17

File: RO 1.jpg (35KB, 448x524px) Image search: [Google]
RO 1.jpg
35KB, 448x524px
If you had to name only one designer or brand as MOST relevant to your tastes, what would it be? How many pieces do you own from that designer, what are they, and how do you like them?

pic related: many of you will choose not to name him just because you're afraid of people thinking you're an unoriginal fuccboi, or you're afraid of admitting that you only own one tee
>>
@8972688
raf simons
>>
>>8972688

Why you asking this to a bunch of neets?
have you seen the wwyt, w2c and cop or not threads?
Are you retarded by any chance?
>>
>>8972706
oh man its this guy again
>>
RICK OWENS RAF RAMONES USALLY WHAT IM DRESSD.SO
>>
He may be a good designer but he looks like shit.
>>
File: 1410832695835.jpg (21KB, 210x294px) Image search: [Google]
1410832695835.jpg
21KB, 210x294px
@8972712
what?
>>
Ralph Lauren, i love his classic american tastes, and great quality clothing. I own at least 10 pieces from him and i plan on getting some more soon.
>>
>>8972722
>good designer
>>
>>8972688
Rick owens, because I can't be bothered with colour pallets and shit be hella comfy.
About twelve, two on the way, and might cop a pair of sneakers in a week, maybe.
A pair of pod shorts, a pair of basket shorts, drkshdw cargos, two white viscose/silk shorts, one cotton drkshdw short, one raglan sleeve cotton shirt, one unstable cotton tee, one grey viscose/silk tee, two black viscose/silk tees, one dust viscose/silk tee.

Everything is pretty good.
>>
>>8972762
>can't be bothered with colour palettes
>thinks he's effay
>>
>>8972688
Our legacy or Vism. Clean, colorful, comfy.
>>
>>8972772
>implying I referred myself to being effay
Lol FOH cornball, smh.
>>
File: Rick-Owens-SS14-10.jpg (54KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
Rick-Owens-SS14-10.jpg
54KB, 450x675px
Do people actually like his style? No offense, but some of the things he makes looks like he threw dirty laundry on a manikin and sewed it all together.
Pic very related: Literally just what my carpet looks like when i haven't done laundry in a while.
>>
File: E3.jpg (43KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
E3.jpg
43KB, 350x525px
Jan Jan van Essche

2 pieces - Linen sweater and Cotton/Wool drawstring sweatshirt - one forthcoming - Speckled Wool/Linen kimono-cut jacket
Beautiful textiles, his clothing is really full-cut and comfortable to the extent that its legitimately fun to wear, which I love. Also appreciate that he keeps things within Belgium and works with all-natural fibres

Also, Yohji Yamamoto

8 Pieces - Hooded cotton sweatshirt, Knit collar wool gaberdine jacket, kimono-shoulder wool gaberdine jacket, knit wool pants, silk shorts, cupro tshirt, linen scarf, driza-bone overcoat

Very similar reasons to Jan Jan
>>
File: image.jpg (318KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1200x800px
>>8972688
Hedi Slimane. I know that 99.9% of /fa/ hates him with a burning passion, but I couldn't care less actually. I come here for the occasional inspo picture or to look at the models hairstyles for when I need to get my own cut.

I like Hedi's stuff because he's not trying to do some artisanal, holier-than-thou, futuristic/next level "art" project or whatever this wave of avant garde designers are trying to do, it all seems so contrived. He makes clothes that are definitely out there, and I feel like the aesthetic of Saint Laurent is not for the faint of heart. You have to wear it with confidence, and moreover I think his designs have the ability to bring the confidence out of you. A lot of people think it's gay, or feminine, to wear tight trousers and boots with a bit of a heel, but oddly enough I think it's one of the more masculine things a guy can do. It shows that you're not afraid of what other's think, that you do and say what you want; uninhibited and free an a way. His designs can bring out your inner rockstar and make you feel amazing.
>>
Literally Rick Owens. Sometimes I don't even know if any other designer really believes in anything, and no one is as punk rock.
>>
>>8972797
>bragging on effay
>not trying to be effay
>>
>>8972865
>answering the question of op to a bare minimum
>calling that a brag
R u stoop niggy? If I was bragging I'd say how much each indivudal item was, etc.
>>
>>8972852
I think it's more like 50% hate him. I'm a fan too.
>>
>>8972852

I dress literally the opposite of Hedi's "boy" but I can really appreciate it for the reasons you mentioned - I mean it just straight up looks fucking "cool". Yeah he's not really pushing the envelope in terms of design, but what he is doing is just offering product that's young, cool, easily likable, and easy to buy and wear (not financially, but in that you can buy and wear it without giving it too much deep thought).

The main reason so many people dislike what he's doing is because it doesn't look "high fashion", and that he should be doing something more creative with his position at a house like Saint Laurent, but all manners of the spectrum must exist within fashion, there has to be something for everyone. This is why I don't really understand people with burning hate for certain designers, personally I try to see the point and purpose of every designer's work I see, and even if I don't like it, I acknowledge that someone else out there probably does, and just focus on what I like instead.
>>
errolson
>>
>>8972854
yujiro komatsu is way more punk rock
>>
yoji because of dem baggy/loose yet tapered god tier silhouettes that i love to emulate oh so much
>>
File: image.jpg (554KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554KB, 2048x1536px
>>8972926
I am exactly the same way. When I mentioned the "avant garde" designers that I don't like, it's not necessarily against them so much as it is against their clientele or "fan base".. I think fashion has the potential to be something more than just clothes as many of them strive/aim for, but too often people ruin this sentiment because I feel as though they are just trying to be apart of some culture to have a sense of belonging, kind of like /fa/.
>>
Jun Takahashi. Punk as fuck, but can make very clean basics as well.
>>
Orla Kiely
>>
>>8972801
are you deux?
>>
File: tumblr_n2reo5f15x1smny82o1_500.jpg (49KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2reo5f15x1smny82o1_500.jpg
49KB, 500x665px
>>8972799
>literally
also stop acting like you know shit pls
>>8972852
>calling people trying to make their own universe in their collections contrived
>liking possibly the most backwards and contrived designer right now
Hedi was cool in Dior Homme days, and fuck I still would buy some SLP but honestly he's contrived as fuck. He's pretty much designing luxe LA Boulevard thrift. Its cool but don't call other designers contrived...
>>
>>8972852
I could not agree more. Hedi is my favorite as well.
>>
Demobaza cause dat niheicore/nosferatucore style makes me hard, but I don't own anything from them because I'm neither rich nor autistic enough for that. Plus, I prefer making and wearing off my own clothes myself than letting them do it for me.
>>
>>8974151
>demobaza
>rich

why did i make the mistake of reading this thread
>>
I really like Saint Laurent but I'm a poor fuccboi so I don't actually own a single piece by them
>>
>>8974153
what did you expect? Someone who wants to do hobocore without being a poorfag?
>>
Jesus fucking christ this thread is awful
>>
File: Saint-Laurent-SS14-Menswear_05.jpg (311KB, 800x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Saint-Laurent-SS14-Menswear_05.jpg
311KB, 800x1202px
>>8972852
>I like Hedi's stuff because he's not trying to do some artisanal, holier-than-thou, futuristic/next level "art" project or whatever this wave of avant garde designers are trying to do, it all seems so contrived.

no hes doing topman at 10000% markup

19 year old twinks who got bullied in high school for having 5" biceps will desperately latch onto his trash though

>His designs can bring out your inner rockstar and make you feel amazing.

cringe

thats something you hear a 14 year old girl say in an infomercial
>>
>>8974157
ahaha demobaza is glorified korean fakes u tasteless dweeb
>>
>>8974167
saint laurent consumers really are subhuman trash

the novelty of hedi's run at dh was fantastic however
>>
>>8974174
it's actually glorified floorcloths, hence why I prefer doing it myself.
>>
>>8974176

>stop liking what i dont like
>>
>>8974180
shut the fuck up uncultured swine
>>
File: 1400181152328.jpg (380KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1400181152328.jpg
380KB, 1600x1200px
>>8974176
yeah the 16 year olds lusting over the jeans and other acne and apc trash are pretty cringeworthy but the people who actually buy it are somehow worse
>>
>>8974194
rude acne and apc are lovely basic brands

but not a fashion ting

slp jeans are a reasonable price and are literally the best fitting things on the market for spider legs thats about it though
>>
>>8974206
says the poorfag
then im sure zara is an amazing brand right?
>>
>>8974218
nice try i'm a 6'3 135lbs male model draped in ann demeulemeester shut the fuck up dweeb
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (44KB, 418x627px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
44KB, 418x627px
Mr. Simple. It all fits me so well and it looks great. Pic is my favourite piece of clothing ever
>>
Schneider (7 pieces) cuz hes the best 8)
>>
>>8972941
I doubt that's true, but I dont doubt he's cool. Can you post about him?
>>
>>8974218
How did poorfag become an unironic slur.
>>
Acronym
>>
Probably Arc'teryx.
I don't have any piece from them because i'm too poor tho
>>
@8972688
well regardless of whaty you guys say, rick owens is my fave
>>
>>8974503
Can you please learn how to do what I've done with this comment. I've seen you post responses using the @ symbol 3 times across 2 threads and it kills me.
>>
@8975017
its the new ebin may may
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1280x718px
>>8975023
Fair enough
>>
I have to say Rick Owens. I only own three pieces tho
>>
>>8972688
Carhartt, regular and WIP
>>
Christopher Raeburn
>>
Why people hate Hedi and Saint Laurent so much?
SS15 looked pretty dope
>>
>>8972688
I dig Rick and most of Alexander Wang's shit but i'm broke so I don't own anything from either of them. :/
>>
Alexander Wang.
None because I am extremely poor. Thinking about copping a sweater though now that I have a minimum wage job.
>>
>>8975429
Also I'm a pretty big yohjifag but still broke
>>
>Rick Owens
>Raf Simons
>Usually what I'm dressed in
>>
MMM
>>
File: bild-023_7444.jpg (201KB, 2340x1626px) Image search: [Google]
bild-023_7444.jpg
201KB, 2340x1626px
Our Legacy

Their fabrics and construction certainly aren't the best around, far from it really, but the details, cuts, and styling really just gets to the heart of the aesthetic ideals I'm trying to express
>>
>>8975395
Why? Do you like that he uses a lot of recycled items? (I own 2 CR pieces btw)

The designer that most fits my persona is probably Henrik vibskov, although I own no pieces and wouldn't wear a lot of his stuff. I believe he is very fun, laid back, and interesting. He makes designs that are quite fun and cool, while also keeping it high quality. He doesn't SEEM to take himself seriously, but when looking at his shows you can see he does in fact have an artistic and deeper meaning to his clothes. PS I'm not very great at explaining myself nor do I consider myself an expert, this is just what I took from his designs and shows.

The most items I own from a designer is Rick. 2 shoes, 2 shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, 6 shirts, 1 coat 1 leather jackets
>>
>ITT: everyone pretending like because they wear someone else's art that somehow its also their own original ideas and expression.

If you get Mona Lisa tattoo'd on your dick, that doesn't make you da Vinci. You're just consumer pleebs like everyone else, just with a more expensive taste.
>>
>>8974133
How old are you?
>>
>>8972688

Should come as no surprise that it's Rick for me. At this point, probably half of my closet is some form of Rick, though it forms the majority of the stuff that I wear on a regular basis.

At this point, I have most of the bases covered: jersey, light knits, heavy knits, casual jackets, leather jackets, coats, tailoring, pants, jeans, shoes. I'm not really into many of the stylized accessories, but I probably do need to grab a hat or scarf pretty soon.

>>8975656

I think that's awesome. The truth is that for MOST design-oriented, trend-conscious (though perhaps not trend-following) menswear customers, that's really the sweet spot when it comes to pricing. It's expensive enough where the designers can execute exactly what they have in mind, but not so expensive that you can't make it real, wearable, day-to-day clothing.

I think that's actually also true for womenswear, but you've got a much winder range of customers who are just as style-savvy which leads to a much more diverse price range.
>>
File: lad two.png (598KB, 635x420px) Image search: [Google]
lad two.png
598KB, 635x420px
>>8974133
fuck I love Lad Musician
>>
>>8976069
rad musician is shit quality and boring af dude , thought you had better taste than that....
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (63KB, 311x304px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
63KB, 311x304px
>>8976073
Is it shit quality? legit question, I don't own any pieces so I wouldn't know but I do love their footwear, it's cheap and still really cool
>>
>>8974194

fuck off witch
>>
Hedi
>>
>>8976090
Yeah. Even diehard nippon clothing fans will tell you the same , plus most of their shit is hella tacky.
>>
>>8972799
>Filename

...thats from s/s 15
>>
>>8976126

yes it is lmao
>>
File: julius.png (144KB, 506x343px) Image search: [Google]
julius.png
144KB, 506x343px
>>8976112
damn that definitely changes my opinion of them, oh well! japanese designers are very hit and miss it seems
>>
Rick Owens. I think his stuff is really cool, and pushes the envelope
>>
>>8975859
>>8976069
>>8976073
Lad Musician is cool, but anything UC tier is mostly design oriented and quality ain't too hot for the price. Fit's and shit are fire tho
>>
File: le internet fashion face.jpg (800KB, 1939x2585px) Image search: [Google]
le internet fashion face.jpg
800KB, 1939x2585px
>>8976139
Other than the big ones most of them suck are just try to emulate anime or put their own spin on western clothing which just ends up looking gauche. Undercover , n(n) , Lad Musician etc are straight awful.
>>8976152
LM does design the occasional cool piece (as does every designer) but that goes without saying.
>>
>>8976173
undercover has fallen I'll agree. pretty much slapping random bands on graphics but at one point they had something..
>>
>>8976173
>straight awful
who's your favorite designer?
let's see your refined and patrician taste
>>
>>8976388
>I don't want to expose myself for having shit taste
okay then
>>
>>8976390
Deleted due to typo. Just defend those brands instead of trying to attack me personally m8 , all you're doing by not trying to articulate an intelligent response is giving nip shit fans a bad name.
But if you must know I like Schneider , Ervell and Thom. Pretty obvious my taste in clothing is the opposite to what most nip shit is but that has nothing to do with the objective quality and craftsmanship of the aforementioned brands
(not the word brand and not designer) in my previous post.
>>
>>8976407
>scheider, Ervell, Thom
knew it. Fans, like you, are cancerous as fuck, since they can't see anything outside their boring, monochromatic color palette, and immediately say a brand is shit, if it doesn't do exactly what you like, i.e. cable knit sweaters and cropped pants. Those designers are cool, but your shit taste comes from the fact that you have zero capability to see beyond your narrow scope of, what you would call, taste.
feel free to log out at any time.
>>
>>8976429
I only wear those designers but I still appreciate Sruli , Rick , McQueen , Yohji and all the other designers who actually DESIGN clothing. Those brands pander to people like you who think they're different and creative and can only express that through acrylic knitwear or jackets with graphic images on the sleeves. But can we refrain from this name calling and try and learn from each other? Can you write something worth reading and try and put some of your passion for nip shit into an educational or at least interesting reply?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.