[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barbour jackets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7614.jpg (39KB, 561x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7614.jpg
39KB, 561x340px
This is going to be an odd question but for those of you who own Barbour jackets, have you ever been repulsed by the smell? I've been told that even new Barbour jackets have quite a scent and after trying a few on, I wouldn't say it's that bad but I definitely could notice it. Can't imagine what old barbours smell like. Think I've seen them being described as smelling like an old damp attic
>>
Had mine for three years, never noticed a smell
>>
>>12742216
Do you have autism? I don't mean to insult you I could just well imagine an autistic person being very sensitive to smells.
Lots of older styles of clothing had smells and textures you don't from newer styles, I like it.
>>
Should I get a Barbour Ashby if I'm a tall skelly built man?
>>
>>12742216
They only smell if you don't air them out properly

Don't leave them in a dark cramped closet. Hang it on a coat hander with a bit of breathing space and preferably a bit if light
>>
My father has an old one that smells like an old damp attic but that may be because it has been hanging in a damp attic for 20+ years. I've had one for a couple of years and it doesn't smell of anything in particular.
>>
OP if you still here I can attest that my barbour stank badly, and never got better. repulsed is a very appropriate word, i could only stand to wear it a few hours at a time. it was fairly new and lightly used when purchased, too. i will say that smell of it bothered me immediately, so if you don't think it's all that bad, maybe you won't come to hate it like i did. full disclosure i was in a very bad place mentally when i first bought it, so maybe i had some negative experience attached to the smell...
>>
>>12742216
i literally just smelled my brand new never worn barbour powell jacket and i smell absolutely nothing. cant wait to wear it this winter
>>
>>12743012
i have a play comme des garcon t shirt i bought back in 13 when i was in a really deep dark depression. i tend to shy away from wearing it. probably because of when i bought it. from december 2013 to now i probably wore it like twice

pic related same exact shirt
>>
>>12743012
>fairly new and lightly used

Do you think the smell was similar to how a new Barbour smells? I personally don't mind the new smell although I'd rather they had no smell. I don't really know where I would store it either if I was to get one. I guess I would just hang it up on my curtain rail so it doesn't stink up my other jackets/clothes
>>
>>12742216
No.
You just need to air them out and spray some clothes freshener.
>>
>>12742216
Not really
It's there but it doesn't really bother me, hang it outside to air every now and then if it bothers you
It's a by product of the wax they use to waterproof the jackets
>>
>>12743205
>>12743216
I would leave it away from other clothes too. Wouldn't want the smell to transfer to other clothes
>>
Doesn't anybody use fabric sprays? Shit is a lifesaver
>>
>>12743918
It doesn't really do that cause it's just the wax that stinks, doesn't really make the clothes you wear under the jacket smell either.
If you are really concerned about it, you could ask about how to remove the wax or buy used jacket that has the wax worn and then treat it with some alternative product, like Fjallraven G1000 wax, that doesn't have as strong fragrance.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.