[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oily scalp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0845.png (239KB, 600x339px)
IMG_0845.png
239KB, 600x339px
I wash my hair every other day, I've tried washing less often for longer periods with little luck. My hair has been thinning lately to boot, which isnt making things easier.
Can you guys recommend me some good shampoo that would treat my (very) oily scalp?
Aditionally, any dietary recs to help my scalp be less oily? What to eat more of/avoid in general?
Much appreciated.
>>
Mirin' that Norwood 0 hair line.

Try using Nizoral. Literally only use it like once-twice a week max.
>>
Washing your hair every other day is definitely one of the problems. If you're stripping your hair of oils that frequently, it's going to go into overdrive to keep up. I know no poo is a debate on this board, but from anecdotal evidence, I only wash my hair twice a week with baking soda/ apple cider vinegar and I would consider it to be naturally oily. It works well for me, and that's about the only advice we can give without knowing your daily routine and genetics.
>>
>>12738988
Thanks bud. Should I use it indefinitely or just for a few months?
>>
>>12738995
I've been sporting a buzzcut lately to try and make it easier to wash less often, but on the third day my scalp would start to itch like hell.
I didn't last longer than two weeks before reverting to my three days/four days a week routine. So I'd wash on mon-wed-fri-sun. Only in the morning before work.
Got any tips to help smoothen the process? I'd like to wash less often but for the life of me I can't make it work. I don't want my hair to look lime shit at work(although it's gotten to the point where it still looks like rubbish on the 2nd day).
Should I keep washing my hair in the morning, or try before bed?
>>
>>12738995
Literally the most retarded comment I've read in a while. Washing your hair daily isnt what fucks up your scalp, its the shampoo you use to do so.
>>
>>12739025
That doesn't even make sense in an evolutionary sense. Hygiene isn't something that humans evolved to accommodate. You're not supposed to wash your hair every day, even with water. Your busy produces these natural oils for a reason, and that reason has been around a lot longer than "the wrong kind of shampoo" you sperg. Stop washing your hair every day, stop showering every day. Let your body find a natural balance like its supposed to do, and like its been doing FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Human bodies aren't a mystery you troglodyte.
>>
>>12738988
I don't suppose there are any side effects to look after if I'll use it without a prescription?
Also, how long would it take for my acalp to get used to washing once three-four times a week to once-twice?
>>
>>12739045
No matter how hard you try to appear knowledgable, you arent. Best guess is that OP is using some shitty mall shampoo like Head and Shoulders, because the observable sympthoms are exactly whats usually caused by those.

The fact that you think that present day humans can live like people from 50+ years ago already shows how disconnected from reality you truly are.
>>
>>12739055
Knowing basic evolution makes me "appear knowledgeable"? What kind of inner city school did you attend? The fact that you think 50 years of social norms is enough to erase 200,000 years of biological evolution is a testament to your ignorance. "oily scalp" isn't evidence of shitty shampoo anymore than it is evidence of poor genes and the fact that you point to a couple of anecdotal factors to completely override empirical evidence is some low tier stupidity.
>>
Any other shampoo/medicine recs? I also think I've been sleeping on eating good fats. Will start eating seeds and avocados again.
>>
>>12739064
Retarded evolutionist thinks that the human body can be understood without taking the enviroment into account
>Same humans and their descendants have lived for 200.000 years in the same enviromental conditions so they have "naturally evolved" to respond to said conditions

What you call evolution doesn't work like that dude, i think you should get your "facts" straight before engaging in a conversation and making a fool of yourself. There is more than Darwin to "evolution theory" and he didn't even say what you're defending here dude.
>>
>>12738995
STOP USING BAKING SODA ON YOUR HEAD JESUS CHRIST

Stop now before you seriously fuck your scalp up. "Dude shampoo is bad for you make a volcano on your head instead".

The whole point of no poo is to treat your hair like it would naturally be treated, cold-warm water only and maybe a nice boar bristle brush. Everything else is unnecessary shit that makes it harder to get your hair the way you want it except perhaps conditioner.

Basically >>12738983
If you're not a fucking bitch stop washing your hair, washing every other day is the reason it is oily. Your hair will be oily for a while (Just wear a hat) and then it will be the best it has ever been in your entire fucking life.
>>
>>12738983
Try to wash your hai with cold water and blow dry it with cold air not hot
>>
Stop using HOT water
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.