[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rainboots general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 817Nqm5CVML._UX695_.jpg (43KB, 695x453px) Image search: [Google]
817Nqm5CVML._UX695_.jpg
43KB, 695x453px
I moved to Seattle last year from Los Angeles, and boy was I ill prepared for the rain. The worse was getting my feet constantly wet. It was, granted, a very rainy season (from what people tell me), but I'm trying to prepare myself a lot better this year. Has anyone tried these Tretons? Thinking of these or the chelseas. Primarily interested in knowing about their ventilation

My main concern with this kind of footwear is that I don't want to suffer from stuffy/clammy feet at work, from wearing these all day. A soln could be to keep some sneakers at work, and switch them when I get there.
>>
File: 81UHXqyVejL._UX695_.jpg (35KB, 695x485px) Image search: [Google]
81UHXqyVejL._UX695_.jpg
35KB, 695x485px
here are the Chelseas.

Honestly, kinda wish the soles were a bit lighter. I prefer barefoot/zero-drop shoes.

Anything like this?
>>
>>12705972
What have you been wearing? I've lived in Washington my whole life and I've been able to get by with whatever as long as it wasn't made out of mesh or canvas. A nice pair of leather boots should be fine.
>>
>>12705989
>A nice pair of leather boots should be fine
that's what I thought, and I bought a pair of Clarks. Worst purchase ever. The rain seeped through the rubber or something, no clue. Really poor build quality... only other pair of shoes I had were some nice Jil Sander leather boots. They worked but the rain ruined the fuck out of them.

Since summer, I've been wearing a pair of vivobarefoots.
>>
>>12706002
They're called desert boots for a reason
>>
>>12706038
lesson learned....... lmfao
>>
>>12705972
Those look nice, I want them.
>>
>>12705972
They look dope.
>>
>>12705972
I want to buy those but my country will have me pay tax on everything more expensive than 75 euros.
>>
is it normal that I found another site selling these for 75 dollars?
>>
>>12705972
Bogs Footwear, Turfstomper work boots
Portland, OR approved
>>
I got these converse takoa boots a few years ago and I mostly wear them when it rains/snows
Too bad the quality is shit and the rubber parts started cracking after a few months of wear. They still keep my feet dry though.

Thinking of copping some Nike Presto mid utilitys for the coming fall.
>>
>>12706690
Could I get a quick rundown?
>>
File: 1486714255332.jpg (1MB, 2720x2040px) Image search: [Google]
1486714255332.jpg
1MB, 2720x2040px
>>12707251
Nothing short of a pool of water going above the mouth of the boot will get the inside of this shoe wet. Its sole lifts you above the ground noticeably but slight. No-slip sole. Protects against cold in addition to wetness when worn with the right socks.

A new boot is very, very black, much darker than in the picture. It will however fade to that color after prolonged exposure to the elements, but still a good looking boot. It's not super heavy even with the steeltoe cap version. Very sturdy when worn. Expect slight damage in the form of one or two dislodged shoelace hole bearings if you're rough, but it can take some good damage and not be altered.

Highly recommend it. It's made of rubber and so is vegan, which is why I bought it, in addition to being well designed. Nobody but me is on this, so you'll be an /fa/ cool kid. You're going to need to buy steeltoe socks along with it, and I recommend Thorlo steeltoe work boot socks.
>>
File: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png (7KB, 1160x340px) Image search: [Google]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png
7KB, 1160x340px
>>12707269
>>12707251
and I'm aware you were memeing
>>
>>12706690
>>12707269
You have my interest.

Do your feet get sweaty what with them being all rubber, though?
>>
>>12708210
I wouldn't know because the Thorlos socks wick away moisture.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.