[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter Clothing Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: walking popsicles.jpg (89KB, 634x402px) Image search: [Google]
walking popsicles.jpg
89KB, 634x402px
Hi /fa/, I'm going on a massive holiday at the end of the year through China, Mongolia, Russia, and Eastern Europe. Unfortunately, this will be during winter, and I'm an Australian who, while these places see temperatures in the negatives, enjoys 30°C - 40°C, where anything in the 20°C's is a cool day.

Can y'all suggest some aesthetic shit that will keep me warm as fuck and looking good? I heard you guys were good with aesthetics and clothing, so what better place to ask than a clothing board on a Liechtensteiner automobile manufacturing forum? Cheers!
>>
File: MosleyCoat.jpg (21KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
MosleyCoat.jpg
21KB, 320x450px
Back in my day you weren't a real man until you shagged a girl from every continent and arctic
>>
>>12702162
the high end fjällräven and the North face things are good. also. nobody gives a fuck - everybody HAS to dress like a potato in those temperatures
>>
>>12703249
this
>>
>>12703241
Where do you even find people and places to shag in the arctics?
>>
>>12702162
Get some nice big expedition store and ask the assistant what you should get (make sure to get a competent one, mention your plans and that you plan to spend money). Then pick from what you like. Going fashionable works if you know your requirements and how to fulfill it, which you don't.

As a rough guideline:

-Get enough layers, make sure you can wear them all at once (sizing)
-No cotton
-Assuming you're basically a normal tourist, you don't need fancy lightweight clothes, no real hardshell (get some shelter if it really should rain) and you can get away with fashionable uppers (wool sweaters etc.)
-If you want to get outdoors, better have a local to guide you. Continental winter is no joke.
-Remember to not only get enough insulation on the body legs and feet, but on the extremities too and cover the gaps. You wouldn't believe how cold the gap between your mittens and your sleeves can be...
>>
>>12702162
Use many layers and cover your extremities friendo. Check so the layering fit and avoid moisture attracting materials. It's really easy to look /fa/ in winter clothes cause you can work with a lot of material but extreme cold is harder.

Now my experience from northern sweden in insanely cold weather is that your core temp is not a major concern at all if you just layer up good. The issue is your hands, feet and face. For feet, I also recommend layers and a good seal (make sure the seal is ON THE GLOVES so there's no area between). For hands, same goes, layers and good seal and you'll need some goretex on the outer layer probably. For your face you'll want a any hat and a good hood on top that can create a good seal for your ears. Face, just cover it all in really quick drying material really. Also if it's -40C and windy you might want clear lens ski goggles or your eyes will hurt.

If you're an australian, honestly you have no idea what you're getting into. I've been living in areas like this and you can easily die if you're unprepared.

That said the effay option would be to layer up and wear some real wide top combat boots so you get an inside seal to your outer layer, go for a real fluffy down jacket (north face), then layered mittens+finger gloves+wtv you call gloves where all fingers are together that you can take off easily. Small hat and hood on the jacket, and then wear a roll up polo that doubles as a ski mask. You'll look like a post apocalypse russian in no time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.