[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoes for standing on concrete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Concrete_LightGray.jpg (3MB, 4724x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Concrete_LightGray.jpg
3MB, 4724x2362px
Not really fashion but a clothing question

What kind of shoe do I want to wear while working in a warehouse on concrete floors for 10 hours? Everything I've heard online and by the guy running the Amazon hiring event says get walking shoes. But I go to a couple stores and they keep saying get running shoes. I've heard you don't want running shoes if you're not doing anything but running. A lady at the New Balance store - apparently not self service btw - said she always points people to running shoes and hasn't had a complaint. Said that walking shoes are too heavy, too hot, and too frim for standing or walking on concrete. Which I don't understand.

I'm sure this would go over better with /diy/'s crowd, but it's sort of off topic so I figured I'd try here first.
>>
Depends is you need steel toe or not, but I would definitely recommend adidas ultraboosts because they are comfy as fuck and put no fatigue on my feet from walking all day.
>>
>>12691864
I think steel toe is discouraged because you have to go through a metal detector. They didn't say not to get them, just that it's going to be a hassle. From what I understand, it's a bit of an ordeal anyway.
>>
>>12691864
But on that topic, those are running shoes then right? That's what google is saying. And they told us to get walking shoes.
>>
I'd suggest the Timberland pro anti-fatigue line
they're made for standing around at work all day
>>
>>12691924
I was looking at a pair of those, and a lot of them had an alloy toe. Would that set off a metal detector? Plus I'm just not sure how necessary it is for the weight increase.

Also, how's buying shoes from Amazon? I don't think the stores around here have a great selection. Didn't see any walking shoes until I went to the New Balance store and I think I only saw one model of Timberland
>>
>>12691938
I've never messed around with steel/alloy toe so I couldn't tell you much about that. Amazon works but it's really best if you can try on a similar pair of shoes at a store first to get the fit right. If you have to buy sight unseen make sure you find a seller with a good return policy and order a couple of sizes so you can pick the one that fits best.
>>
>>12691964
Okay, I was looking around and saw not all of them were alloy toe. I'll try them. I'm going to try and hit up the local stores one more time today - I was looking for something else before so I'll see if they have these. I might be a sucker, but the "Anti-Fatigue" line sounds like a confident pick.
>>
You might ask /k/ as they care about more rugged stuff.

I've heard good thing from Salomon, you might check out their hiking boots and shoes if your budget will allow.
>>
>>12692016
they gotta call em something, right?
it's just a descriptive term
I've had a pair before and they're great
>>
>>12691875
>those are running shoes
Yeah, they are. They are comfy as fuck though.
>>
>>12691860
Buy a pair of Alphabounce.
Just go do it.
I have worked warehouse for over ten years, walking over 20,000 steps per day, and I own thirty pairs of sneakers.
Alphabounce is what you want.
>>
Anon you need well padded socks. I'm on my feet all day, never have foot pain now that I wear better socks
>>
>>12692238
On your feet does not necessarily match this anon's new job. Consider that warehouses are rarely air conditioned and padded socks get hot.
Dude is better off buying shoes with plush cushioning and using thin, cool socks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.