[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should one dress if applying for a job in fashion retail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How should one dress if applying for a job in fashion retail?
>>
>>12691310
well that obviously depends on the store
>>
>>12691310
You'll be automated out of it anyways.
>>
>>12691320

It's a "high end" (Brooks brothers, Allen Edmond's, hart schaffner Marx etc.) Mom and pop in the Midwest mainly for business professionals and weddings.

>>12691333

Nice trips but idc about that I just hate my wagey ragey retail job and want to put my knowledge of clothing to use and possibly use it as leverage for a big boy job
>>
>>12691345
You need to look like the transcendent version of the demographic that shops at the brand you work at. But also not very personal, you're still professional and representing a brand, so somewhat simple. Working at a levis store? Then you have great fits with that type of clothing, you essentially want to look like the goal and inspiration for the type of person who shops at levis. The image they look up to and want to attain.

So at brooks brothers or allen edmonds or something like that you should be dressed like refined upper class with that type of clothing. Sometimes, high end stores will just have their staff in suits.
>>
Wear a suit. But make it interesting because >>12691438 is your goal. You need to make it look like you know how to wear a suit and do something beautiful with it. Solid white or blue shirt is off the table, definitely wear a pocket square, pick a patterned suit if you have one. Basically throw together the most interesting but good looking suit outfit that you can.
>>
>>12691438
>>12691489

Thanks for the solid advice. My style is pretty conservative (solid suits/shirts/striped simple ties) but I know that I need to stand out if I want to impress them. The problem is there is so much advertising that it's sometimes hard to differentiate gaudy fits from good ones because of lighting, models, and camera tricks. I'm in the process of refining my style.

I know how clothes should fit for the occasion that that by tweaking how they fit you can change your style. However I'm not very good at pairing shirts with patterned suits, pocket squares with ties and things of that nature.

Are there any decent guides or YouTube channels that delve into this?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.