[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do I into /fa/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: kittens2readytodie.png (559KB, 853x678px) Image search: [Google]
kittens2readytodie.png
559KB, 853x678px
I've read the sticky. I've got the basics down. Okay. So I wear solid-colour t-shirts and slim jeans.

Now what? How do I break into being actually fashion-conscious? Especially on the level of being able to determine what is and isn't good looking.
>>
Lurk. Look at inspo albums

/thread
>>
File: inspo 4.jpg (236KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
inspo 4.jpg
236KB, 1200x1600px
Experiment. Buy pieces you normally wouldnt and try things outside of your comfort zone. Browse inspo threads for ideas. Visit other boards like r/malefashion (not mfa), stylezeitgeist and their WAYWT threads for more inspo
>>
>Especially on the level of being able to determine what is and isn't good looking.

Time. Experience. Once you identified which fits you and what doesn't you will make the proper choices and build from there.

The best way to proceed is to order a shitton of things you like on whatever fashion site from your country (easier and faster to return + sometimes you can pay via invoice therefore you don't need to pay shit before trying) and return them if they don't fit or don't fit your tastes.

Stay clear from designer stuff for now. They're expensive and most of the time they only look good with a certain outfit or in certain conditions. Too many babbies on this shitty board are getting memed in thinking that buy designer things = automatically good and end up looking like walking jokes. See (hopefully dead now) goofninja trend to get an idea.
>>
>>12686635
Also while inspo albums and whatever forums aren't a bad thing, most of the time the pictures are heavily staged to be as good as possible. "Artificial" lighting, costly DSLR, flattering angles all is made to get that epic thumbs up and attention they crave to fuel their egocentric and narcissistic minds and to artificially fill the hole of their crippling insecurity.

Hence why you should always take these with a pinch of salt and only view these ON YOURSELF. If an outfit looks good but you know damn well that you won't pull it like the picture : don't bother.
>>
>>12686635
>>12686643
good post
>>
>>12686626
One important thing is finding what you like and what you like to wear.
For example i like palewave and earthtones but i don't like to wear them myself.
The problem with arts in general is that it requires a lot of experience that is not gathered in a manual.
>>
>>12686632
>>12686635
>>12686655
Noted. How do I know that what I like isn't a pile of flaming edgelord trash? I appreciate "just be yourself, fashion is about expression" but I also don't want to spend money on the wrong things.
>>
>>12686700
Start small, it'll hurt less when you make a mistake.
If i had the resources i would've been dressing like an anime character when i was a teen.
>>
File: 7qVi5pR.jpg (2MB, 2281x2547px) Image search: [Google]
7qVi5pR.jpg
2MB, 2281x2547px
>>12686632
What he/she said. Don't be afraid of mistakes or having your own opinion, trust yourself. If you see something that you really like but you think you can't pull it off still try it on. You might be surprised. Be aware when you're paying for the brand and when for the quality. My rule of the thumb: don't buy stuff if you're not sure. Go sleep on it and if tomorrow you still want it, then buy.
You don't need logos to look good or expensive. How clothes fit is extremely important, you have to be able to know when clothes fit you or not, it'll come with experience. Sometimes you'll have to have your stuff tailored and it's alright.
Listen to advice but ultimately decide yourself, no one knows what you like better then you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/streetwear/comments/44n4lr/list_of_a_couple_of_inspo_albums/
Here a couple albums to get inspo from although not all of them are good imo.

Also some general advice not related to aesthetics: don't throw away clothes, give them to charity or whatever; avoid buying clothes made buy underpaid labour (China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Indonesia etc.). Clothes made in Europe/America are in general better quality and also you'll feel better about yourself.
>>
>>12686716
addition to the thing about buying clothes made in america/europe: do some research if a brands clothes are made in america. a loooot of made in america shit is made in prisons and the quality isn't that much different from made in china garbage, people just feel better about it.
>>
>>12686716
Also if you want to be sure that you're not buying stuff for the hype but for the aesthetics, try buying clothes without brand signs. Look for designers/brands that don't usually put logos on their clothing or whose logos are discreet.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.