[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jacket inspo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1475452455232.jpg (106KB, 960x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1475452455232.jpg
106KB, 960x1002px
I need a comfy and light jacket that doesn't stand out too much. Water resistance is a plus.
I usually wear dark colors: black jeans or chinos with navy or black tee shirts. I'm 5'10 so I need something that fits my manlet frame.
I like pic related but it's Prada and too expensive. Any ideas?
>>
>>12686475
What's your budget
>>
>>12686497
300 USD or less
I can still look at higher priced options in case I can find them on ebay or grailed or whatever though.
>>
>>12686502
I'll just shill my shit in that case
https://www.grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
highly doubt you will find something with as good waterproofnes and breathability even if you use your whole budget
>>
>>12686507
I don't like the front pockets but why not. I'll continue looking around before making a decision.
>>
>>12686511
Sure, let me know.
As far as your options go, Uniqlo Blocktech parkas at least claim to have such qualities but I really have no idea how good they actually are.
Other than that, I would look in to more sport oriented shops, lot of sports brands offer water and wind proofness at that budget.
Waxed cotton/canvas could be option but it's definitely not light, exception being maybe some Fjallraven jackets treated with their g1000 wax, but maintaining those jackets and messing about with the wax depending on the weather might not be up your alley.
If you just want style and are willing to sacrifice waterproofness, you could always just get any old jacket you happen to fancy and coat it with DWR spray, the waterproofness would most likely be questionable to say the least but you would have something you at least like look -wise.
>>
>>12686475
gap packable anorak. you can find them on ebay for less than $20
>>
>>12686528
Informative post, thank you.
>>
>>12686545
Oh and as far as sportgear goes, from my experience the ones focused more on wintersports tend to offer better wind/water protection, however being winter items lot of times they are padded/lined on top of having those technical qualities, so the keyword being 'light' it might not work out that well for you.
What you described sounds like a hardshell (like the one I shilled), basically a wind/waterproof thing outer layer that you can then layer under depending on the conditions, the best part about them is that essentially they are jackets that will be wearable year around, during summer they protect you from rain just like any rainjacket does, but when fall and winter roll around, you can just throw wool or technical fabrics under them and you will have very warm jacket due to the windproofness that will also wick away moisture and keeping you dry even if you sweat doing something demanding.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.