[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Formal Dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I'm meeting my gfs parents this weekend they're hosting a formal dinner party and they're fairly affluent and I want to make a good impression. I work as a back end web developer and my the dress code in work is fairly casual so I've never had a need to dress up. Is this an a good look for a formal dinner party?
>>
>>12681627
just ask your gf how formal it is. if you need an actual suit wear a navy or charcoal grey one. if not, just wear some slacks and a white shirt
>>
>>12681627
>>12681642
fuck im daydrunk rn and didn't even look at the pic properly guess i got baited
>>
i agree, just ask. from what youve said OP, i dont think that pic is formal enough, but just guessing.
>>
>>12681642
Thanks man
>>12681645
Not bait though lol is it that bad?
>>
>>12681651
>is it that bad
>slim blazer with loose pants
>pants worn several inches below where they should be with that blazer
>vans with a blazer

If you want to wear slacks and a blazer and a t shirt that's OK but know that you'll come off as a little edgy because of the t shirt. Stick to a white or blue button down if you don't know what you're doing, and please please please don't wear sneakers
>>
>>12681651
yeah you might see pictures of good looking guys wearing jeans, t shirts, and jeans with sneakers but it's a pretty shit combo that only gets lauded by tasteless thots for the most part. if you want/need to wear a blazer, make sure the rest of your outfit is dressy enough bro
>>
slacks (if your skinny go with lighter, if built or chubby go with darker)
nice dress shoes that match belt
pinstripe or solid white, light blue or french blue dress shirt and (if your gf says its that formal) the appropriate sportsjacket
>>
>>12681680
Ha ha cheers man glad a posted this then. I'll get a blazer, button down shirt, slacks and a pair of dress shoes
>>12681683
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>12681627
>formal

Yes, make sure what that actually means because technically "formal" is white tie tier.
If you're going by arbitrary normie standards formal could mean wear a polo shirt and don't wear jeans.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.