[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glasses for a 30 year old male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: glasses-302251_1920.jpg (240KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
glasses-302251_1920.jpg
240KB, 1920x1275px
I've had the same glasses for the last 10 years and they're worn out. They have been broken, soldered, bent, had new screws many times, tons of eyepads replaced, you name it they've seen it. Time for a new pair. I don't know what's cool or hip or whatever anymore when it comes to glasses. I've taken a homegirl with me to the glasses store and had her tell me yes/no/maybe etc but she's out of the picture right now and before considering taking my current girlfriend to the glasses store this time around, I figured I should consult a board I never go to.

specs:

always beard
thick
not a hipster
very utilitarian
very social
ultra straight
short hair, typically 1 inch
slightly cocky attitude
5'8" manlet
champagne taste on a beer budget
refuse to do stereotypical 'nerd glasses'
not crazy about tortoise shell
would actually like to have bendy flexy glasses
astigmatism so thin in the middle coke bottle sides

yes i already ctrl+f glasses, nothing.
>>
>not a hipster
>ultra straight
>champagne taste on a beer budget
>would actually like to have bendy flexy glasses

You're a lost cause anyway just get whatever.

If you need actual advice post your face
>>
>>12670169

>posting face on 4chan

is it still summer?
>>
>>12670176

Listen, we have no fucking clue what glasses are gonna look good on you by you telling us that you're 5'8 or is ''very utilitarian''
>>
>>12670176
Post face or go back to r/mfa
>>
>>12670195

idk man i'm feeling in the dark, i don't want to look like some disney shit or some try hard shit, what is some tried and true styling cues to go for?

>>12670199

nope.jpg
>>
>>12670202

Well right away the ones you posted in the OP are trash.

Thick-framed ''hipster'' glasses are the standard now, there's a million variant of them. Just try a bunch
>>
>>12670202
try a fedora with your autism
>>
>>12670212

no autism and no fedora.....opposite of that?

>>12670209

only fag to offer something. this 'standard' is old and thick framed hipster glasses have to be on the fucking way out, i just don't see myself in them.

ever.
>>
>>12670219

Old ? What the fuck do you want then ? You want tried and true, that's tried and true, safest choice.

If you want cutting edge I doubt your cargo-shorts wearing ass would even dare wear them.
>>
>>12670269

>cargo shorts
>not basketball shorts

are you even with the times?
>>
>Go to nearest glasses store
>Try on a bunch of different glasses
>buy your favorite frames

E Z P Z

If you dont have vision insurance, go to a Warby Parker store and get glasses for $95-140 max
>>
>>12670345

not an issue of price.

actually wanting to know what fashion is trending for those of us who actually have to have glasses, not hipster wanting to have glasses.
>>
>Wants glasses advice
>Won't post face
>Says no to actual advice
Wow you are fucking stupid
>>
File: dontlaugh.jpg (57KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dontlaugh.jpg
57KB, 2000x1000px
>>12670357

You know whats trending in glasses?
Round frames.

Dont just go buy round frames to be trendy though, try them on and see how they look on your face, ask a couple of friends on their opinions of them.

I just got these because my friends said I looked good in them.
>>
>>12670370

thank the fuck out of you.

not something i can do for the long haul though.
>>
>>12670374
>wants something for the long haul
>bothers asking about trends
Kill yourself.
>>
>>12670169
>>12670195
stop trolling, we know the minute he posts his face you're going to backtrace him and order pizzas to his house.
>>
>>12670381

if i had someone to troll that'd be great desu senpai.

>>12670380

like i'm not killing myself right now?
pretty hard for /fa/ to talk glasses, holy shit.
>>
>>12670370

Not op, I have an oval face but quite rounded, am I right in thinking I should go something a bit more rectangular and avoid full round?

Was thinking about pic related (RB7047)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.