[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degrees in fashion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am 19 years old and have recently graduated from high school in germany. Fashion is honestly the only thing thats been interesting me for quite a while now so ive been playing with the idea studying something fashion related. after doing a bit of research i think that studying fashion design or fashion marketing seem like the most appearling options to me. does anyone here have a degree in something fashion related and has any kind of advice for me? especially if you graduated and/or studied in germany too. thanks in advance
>>
>>12667258
Tu es nicht. Jüdische Fachhochschulen saugen ausndir ganzes Geld raus und du wirst mit einem nutzlosen Diplom vor dem Arbeitsamt rausgelassen.
Wenn du keine Connections zur Fashion Crowd hast, vor allem deine Eltern, ist es sinnlose Geldverschwendung.

>t. ging zur Filmhochschule, wechselte dann zur Wirtschaftsinformatik
>>
die connections die man während der zeit macht reichen nicht? :/
>>
>>12667258
The new our legacy collection has great inspo material.
>>
>>12667258

Don't do it son
just don't
>>
>>12668089

generally this

if you just want to work in the industry, do a regular marketing/business major, or only do a fashion marketing major if it's actually accepted

only go into fashion design if you've already been doing it for fun and have something of a portfolio or some success, if you can study in antwerp or paris or something it could be worth it, but even so the industry is connections and luck

basically don't study fashion design unless you're actually talented, and if you aren't study something more useful with applications in the industry
>>
I studied product design...which led to shoe design.....which led to clothing design.

everyone doing fashion marketing for this company, come from something other than fashion marketing.

the fashion marketing people work at the retail stores doing window displays and acting like they're better than the other staff.

but that said, if you really want it, don't let anyone tell you not to study and kind of art or design. you know who tells you not to do it? people who don't do it or people who sucked at it. so who cares what they say? if you really want it....and you really have to want it....just fucking do it.
>>
>>12667675
this

came right around as im gettin into cowboy shit and this seasons got some a+ stuff
>>
Nice blog post, Ahmed
>>
>>12667258
Im starting fashion design at Parsons in NYC this month. Fashion design is cool, try and get into CSM or Royal Academy in Antwerp. Those are the best fashion design school in europe.
>>
>>12668112
>or paris
paris fashion schools are actually mediocre and late

>>12667258
dont try to do design this is a meme that was created in the 80s and which made every young kid interested in fashion go towards design studies.
if you really want to work in fashion don't be a designer and try to work in the fields that imply touching the material, working with the clothes instead of just doing silly drawings
the fashion world needs less designers and more people who learned a craft and who are able to sew and work with the clothes. and you have more chances of getting some work in fashion with learning how to work with the clothes (cant pinpoint the exact word for that work, sorry) than if you get a designer degree
>>
>>12667258

I studied at the burg giebichenstein in germany.
not fashin design but I have a few fashion friends.

it's real fucking hard work (like wow, you won't sleep much at the end of a semester) and unpaid internships after or during your studies are excepted of you to get a foothold in the industrie.

also fashion design =/= like geobaskets and addidas.

not saying it's shit. I'm an idustrial designer and things have been similar for me but I love it.

it's just something you have to really think through.

also just take the train und take a look at the uni during a semster or go to one of the official events , you won't regret it.
>>
>>12668379

burg giebichenstein guy here,
I think most any of our fashin desigenrs are either journeyman tailer or have worked with clothes before. anybody who studies at the burg has to do atleast 6month upt o one year of work in a related buisness.

the guys and girls in fashion have to sew their asses off and aquire new an excotic fabrics. if you don't have any kind of experience you will die.
or much rather you won't get through the application process.

I don't really know but I think it's like that at every good school

as I said , it's really fucking cool , but it's a big decision
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.