[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/glasses/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: damages-glasses_l.jpg (24KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
damages-glasses_l.jpg
24KB, 300x400px
Just found out I need glasses. What are some of your favorite brands? It never crossed my mind that I would need glasses so I'm kind of lost now. Prada seems to have nice ones, but not sure if I want a brand name on the outer side of the frame. What else is nice? Oliver Peoples? Moscot? Any ideas?
>>
File: 024.jpg (39KB, 714x267px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
39KB, 714x267px
>>12667143
I don't normally care about fashion but I have developed an interest in glasses lately. For most of my life I have worn the basic full-rim metal wire style. In recent years it has become unfashionable. I bought a plastic pair around a year ago but didn't like it and never wore it again.

Late this June, I got in a rather nasty bicycle accident and obliterated my glasses (the frames and right lens were totally destroyed) in addition to breaking a few bones. Since my eye insurance only covers 1 frame a year, I tried Zenni Optical because of the extremely low prices. The first frame was the previous style, of decent quality. I considered the plastic frames again and ended up buying pic related. The frames were very tight at first while simultaneously falling off my face, but I eventually used a hair dryer to get a decent fit.

So do you guys prefer metal or plastic frames? After all this time I actually will never go back to metal.
>>
File: 12.jpg (25KB, 750x441px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
25KB, 750x441px
>tfw too smart for glasses
>>
>>12667936
This seems to be the fashionable type of frame now. What's the appeal? It combines the worst features of both metal and plastic glasses (weight, thickness, nose pads). My face seems to corrode the nose pads rather quickly. They fill up with dirt and filth and are more difficult to clean.
>>
I like pq eyewear and eyevan
>>
File: download (22).jpg (4KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
4KB, 318x159px
>>12667947
2017 is the year of hybrid and metal frames, Clubmaster is the grandfather of former.
>>
>>12667965
If I had to get a hybrid frame it would be plastic front and plastic nose pieces, but metal arms. That makes for a practical and stylish frame. I have seen metal aviators with the plastic pads grafted on but those are mostly worn by old people.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.