[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does fashion only bring unhappiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: chad.jpg (43KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
43KB, 800x800px
It seems that the more I care and the more I work towards achieving /effay/ status the unhappier I become. I browse sites of Gucci and Burberry just to see beautiful clothes that I know I will never be able to afford. Anybody else also feels that fashion only brings pain and unhappiness?
>>
>>12655738
Funny you should say that, my interest in fashion began after my depression. I don't know, aren't most artists & various outcasts unhappy which drives their need for self expression? Happiness is for normies isn't it? And we know how they dress.
>>
File: 1501141917155.jpg (92KB, 678x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1501141917155.jpg
92KB, 678x1007px
>thinking OP image is /fa/
>>
>>12655738
You want unfulfilled misery. Start collecting Swiss watches. Just bought a 2500 Omega Seamaster. Have eye on a 4500 Rolex Datejust. These are low end watches in the collecting world. Tfw never be able to afford a Royal Oak
>>
File: 013_u49AnaK.png (199KB, 379x551px) Image search: [Google]
013_u49AnaK.png
199KB, 379x551px
>>12655779
>he buys expensive luxury watches

Fucking pleb
>>
>>12655738
realtalk, yeah, i understand you. i used to consider myself reasonably attractive, at least in comparison to a lot of the normies i see irl every day, and delving into fashion really shattered that preconception. like, i feel pretty firmly ugly now, solely thanks to how difficult it can be to not compare yourself to models, esp when it comes to facial aesthetics. and yeah, the pricetags on a bunch of the shit i love can be daunting and you can only put so many impossibly expensive outfits together in your head before it gets kind of depressing.

but also fashion is a really great form of self expression. i save for what i really want, put together the best fits i can manage with what i do have, and carry myself with confidence despite some of my doubts because nothing's more uneffay than looking like an insecure fuckhead. that's how you get people whose clothes wear them instead of the other way around.
>>
>>12655738
Well the more creative the pursuit and the more you get engaged into it, the more dissatisfaction you will accrue as you come to realize what you lack, and what imperfections plague your daily attempts.

Cest la vie

Learn to find the /effay/ in the mundane
>>
>>12655738

>Gucci

It's shit, anon
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.