[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Blue 3 Piece Suit Tie Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Bought a $1k tailored hugo boss suit on Michigan Ave in Chicago.

Any recommendations for tie and shirt combinations for the dark blue suit?
>>
>>12655417
return it hugo boss is shit, no exceptions
>>
>>12655423
This. Hugo boss is fucking garbage
>>
>>12655423
>>12656002
not op, but what brand would you guys suggest?
>>
>everyone complaining about a suit they have never wear nor will.
Light blue tie. Avoid red or yellow, because Trump.
>>
>>12655417
1: 3 piece suit is not a good idea

2: Hugo boss makes fused suits across it's entirety of the line - the construction of that suit will always make it look cheap.nl matter how much you tailor it.

It's like polishing a Kia, no matter.how shiny it is you can't Polish it into a bentley.

Expensive suits look expensive because they're.fully.canvassed.

So they don't have those fabric bubbles or separation wrinkles
>>
>>12655417
Light blue shirt: bottle green, navy blue (the darker the better or it will look samey), purple, burgundy. If you are fair headed a tie with blues and yellows.
Light lavender shirt: gray and navy.
Light pink: navy and burgundy.
Ecru shirts: navy and mid blues.

I tried to point out the simplest combinations, use your own judgment, this is all depending on your skin tone and hair color. Add patterns for visual interest, be aware of formality. Read Fulsser's Dressing the Man for general remarks on how you should combine colors and patterns, and look for inspo that catches your eye. Also ties with texture can add a lot of interest to a more monotone outfit, so consider grenadine weave ties, raw silk, wool ect...

>>12656027
Trump and almost all politicians go with navy (more formal and safe), OP seems to be going with a blue suit, otherwise I'd agree you don't want to look like a politician.
>>
>>12656004
Something like Brooks Brothers MTM would be both cheaper and net you a better suit.

1000$ is almost big boy suit money, hugo boss is not a big boy suit maker. There are tons of tailors that offer MTM sevice in Chigaco, look around.
>>
>>12655417
>$1k
>hugo boss

I have very bad news for you.
>>
OP here.

I actually really like the suit that I purchased, albeit the questionable quality of BOSS.

Thanks for the inputs!

Light blue tie seems like a great idea.
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (23KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
23KB, 142x142px
>>12655417
Mfw got the same suit for 260€
>>
>>12656688
no, you are just too much of a pleb to tell the difference
>>
>>12656688 To clarify, the picture above is not the suit that I had purchased.
>>
File: IMG_20170516_182431.jpg (91KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170516_182431.jpg
91KB, 900x675px
>>12655417
Fuscia/red tie.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.