[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Rap" Fashion Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Can some of you younger people/rap fans explain rap fashion to me?

I genuinely don't understand it. My younger brother is obsessed with items like Gucci flip flops but why? What song(s) was is it mentioned in that makes it such a meme? And I guess that begs the question why rappers are so attracted to high fashion anyway. Is it because they came from nothing and see them as price tags and status items? Then why are white kids so into the items they like? I genuinely don't understand this.
>>
I just fucked your bitch in some Gucci flip flops
>>
>>12649332
now please explain why
>>
They get money , the didn't so now to affirm they status they like to flaunt pricey items. White kids like them to because they are into the rappers and as they are young they lack personnality and identify to them
>>
>>12649338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D76zV1AQPs
>>
File: 1501125007567.jpg (19KB, 272x272px) Image search: [Google]
1501125007567.jpg
19KB, 272x272px
>expensive things = successful in life
>bitches want said success but prefer to take the short route by succin and fuccin
>Niggas from New York were always big on fashion so its not really new imo. (BAPE, TIMBS, JEWLERY, SEAN JEAN)
>Basically in America it's Financial Status>Beauty>Strength in terms of what is more important. Everyone is an op the only thing you can trust is the culmination of your hardwork

I think it just kind of spread around fast because the music I feel is alot more palatable than early 2000's rap that was mostly centered around hardcore drug dealing.
>>
>>12649328
I remember one black anon said something like black people are poor until proven otherwise. luxury goods are the proof
>>
>>12649432
Ding ding ding
>>
>>12649432
im black and thats pretty much it. something about "white ppl back in the day wouldn't let us buy the luxury items cause of our color" so now we buy the shit to flaunt on them.

pretty stupid if u ask me. but then again fubu didn't do well
>>
>>12649432
this. They are simple-minded
>>
>>12649462
>>12649460
>>12649456
to be fair, its not just them. most people who come into money like to show it off, look at all the soccer moms with LV bags.
>>
>>12649432
You know there are other ways to prove you aren't poor by your looks, right?

> having a clean-cut hairstyle/beard

> maintaining proper hygiene (teeth, smell, etc.)

> wearing clothes that fit and match (no baggy pants or shirts)

> not wearing obnoxious shoes

Look at pic related. His clothes fit, match, and don't overshadow his good looks. He appears to be well-groomed and possess a friendly demeanor, and I highly doubt he'd have to deck himself out in low-brow high fashion in order to prove a point. He just looks like a respectable man, end of story
>>
>>12649460
You see it's broke nigga racism
That's that "Don't touch anything in the store"
And it's rich nigga racism
That's that "Come in, please buy more"
>>
>>12649432
How is that proof?
I just think either they have bootlegs or stole it.
>>
>>12649339
>i read the first 2 pages of the psychology 101

>lack personnality and identify to them
this is the most pseudopsychological sentence i've read on here for a long - pretty much on the same level as googling deep quotes and using them in no context as a desciption to a selfie - you simplay got no idea of what you're talking about
>>
>>12649432
Somewhat correct. Lets not forget that "black" fashion is dictated by the trends in massive urban megacities. In cities such as NYC and Chicago, there aren't many ways a poor person can flaunt their wealth besides clothing and accessories.

Drugs and crime yields a lot of cash money too, which is much easier to spend on luxury goods than buying expensive items that you would need to bank involvement to acquire.
>>
It's ironic, like everything that is cool right now. You ever listened to modern rap music? It's ironic and basically a parody of "old" rap that always took itself super serious.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.