[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bespoke Suits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0722.jpg (12KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0722.jpg
12KB, 244x207px
Looking for advice on getting my first 100% bespoke suits.

I am looking to spend 8-10k on as many bespoke suits and shirts as possible. At least 5 full outfits.

What should I look for in a tailor? What are some tips?

General bespoke suit info please
>>
you're a pleb
>>
>wants 5 bespoke suits and shirts
>8k

kek
>>
>>12643637
you aren't gonna get five suits with shirts for that. on average a bespoke 2 piece suit without a shirt will run you around 3k.

btw cheap suits in asian countries are normally cut from made to measure patterns, so that's not a good avenue to make your budget work.

actual bespoke work will require about four sessions with your tailor. if you find someone who offers to do it with only one, it's most likely made to measure

the most important thing when evaluating a potential tailor is to ask who the cutter is. some tailors outsource the cutting because they don't have the ability themselves. also big saville row houses will have multiple people working on your suit, so make sure you ask to speak to the cutter specifically.

generally good to know how much of the suit will be hand sewn vs machine sewn. the higher the percentage hand sewn, the higher the price. the cloth you select (in consultation with the tailor) will also have a very large effect on price. eg. a super 180s midnight blue from one of the esteemed mills for a dinner jacket is going to be more expensive than some rough tweed for a blazer.

start with navy and charcoal two piece suits (cut from the same pattern) to see if this is really for you
>>
>>12643643

t. streetwear poorfag
>>
What the fuck does 'bespoke' mean
Or is it a brand or something idk
>>
>>12643714
why are you even on a fashion board?
>>
>>12643714
assuming you aren't baiting replies, bespoke just means custom. as in, a tailor creates a custom pattern from which to cut the cloth that is perfectly fitted to you

one of the requirements for designers to be on the chambre syndicale de la haute couture is to offer custom work like this
>>
>>12643637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3obldtcHao8
1:00 for you
>>
>>12643637

How old are you?

Why dont you get nice suits off the rack and have them tailored?

How unusual is your body type that you need bespoke suits?
>>
>>12643716
Probably just not a native english speaker you turd
>>
>>12643835
probably doesn't know how to google either
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.