[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Incense/smells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2571.jpg (180KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2571.jpg
180KB, 1240x775px
I'm guessing some of you use incense and such to get your homes smelling better. Hopefully a thread to help people stop their homes smelling like shit.
>>
File: oils.jpg (27KB, 732x549px) Image search: [Google]
oils.jpg
27KB, 732x549px
oh my.
1. Start by working on your hygiene and tidiness.
2. Throw out everything that stinks. Yes, I mean that old couch and that stained carpet.
3. Open up the fucking windows!!

That should stop your home smell like shit.

4. If you want to introduce some scents to you home start with essential oils. They are more subtle and airy that incense sticks, but do not fall for the pyramid schemes of esoteric oil suppliers.
If you want to burn insence there are roughly three options: japanese incense sticks (which are the most subtle burned incense), indian sticks (usually very heavy and hard to get in decent quality) and pure woods and resins.
Whatever you choose, do it in moderation and switch between 2-3 different scents.

Hope that helps
>>
>>12629821
Thank you helps a lot. Have started throwing stuff out but needing to choose some good scents, is there any you recommend or is it mostly personal preference?
>>
>>12629836
It's purely personal preference, although scents can be grouped according to different attributes.

There are three notes: the top note which is very light and dissipates fast, the middle note and the base note which is noticeable for hours. The fresh citrus smell will be gone fast while frankincense will linger around much longer.

Then there are the aroma families like Earthy, Woody, Spicy, Floral, Citrus... Knowing them may help you sorting through all the different scents there are. For starting out, as a soft guideline, don't choose two scents from the same family.

Different scents will be appealing to you depending on your mood, so exploring this needs some time.
Especially with incense sticks, the same flavor made by different brands can be night and day.

But basically: smell for yourself and buy whatever you like.
>>
>>12629531
Using the smoky stinky asian shitsticks is not a solution, not being a cavetroll is
>>
I love my incense! If you think the smell is too harsh, buy some Japanese brand stuff. It's usually more pleasant.
>>
File: IMG_20170724_181726175.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_181726175.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
>>12630181
Forgot pic
>>
>>12629531
I love how simple this is

mine is gaudy as shit, I dont have a picture but this is it

https://www.amazon.com/Forever-Eternity-Ashcatcher-Nose-Desserts/dp/B00ESYVTH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500938840&sr=8-1&keywords=incense+burner+lovers
>>
>>12629997
Okay subhuman, keep using febreeze.
>>
>>12629942
Thank you the help is much appreciated.
>>
>>12630206
It's cool and decorative but not much my style, I've Just gone for the classic wood holder that was a quid on amazon.
>>
>>12630181
I was thinking of buying some nag champa incense (I think that's Japanese?), do you have any recommendations?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.