[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on growing out long hair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4728.jpg (33KB, 245x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4728.jpg
33KB, 245x389px
I have really thick and wavy long hair and I would love to have control of it in this sort of way. What do I have to do in order to reach it. I should I mention I give up on growing it out in the midst of the awkward stages.

Also, long hair general
>>
>>12626185
>tips
Just let it grow, you just have to accept that will look awkward sometimes.
>>
>>12626185
Remember that when you grow out your hair, you're either going to look like you grew your hair out or you'll look like you just didn't cut it. You probably want the first one so it's a good idea to keep going to a barber for maintenance to make sure you don't look like shit.

Also, you're gonna have to go through the awkward phase no matter what, just try to make the best of it.
>>
>>12626247
>You probably want the first one so it's a good idea to keep going to a barber for maintenance to make sure you don't look like shit

What are you supposed to tell him? "I want my hair cut, but don't make it any shorter." What the hell is maintenance?
>>
>>12626387
"I'm growing out my hair, so just shape the bottom a little." Then discuss with your barber what you think would look good. They'll probably have an idea or two also.
>>
>>12626415
no they wont most barbers will ignore you and buzz it
>>
>>12626422
Mine doesn't tho, find better barbers.
>>
>>12626427
>>12626422
Or just go to a fucking hairdresser, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>12626560
Yeah this is what I meant. I literraly just woke up when I posted this.
>>
>>12626387
i told mine to cut the sides and back short but keep the top length (keep in mind this is when my top was only like three inches long). i repeated this for haircuts until the top was long enough in the front to put behind my ears. since then, ive just let the top grow with a head start on the sides and back. right now its about past my chin, which is definitely the most awkward length (picture emo phillips) but its whatever, i just wear a baseball cap a ton until it reaches peak length.

mine is pretty thick. ive been told by my barber (who is actually a real life friend who also cuts hair) that i have a LOT of hair. i've messed up in the past by just growing it out at once not getting cut and not using products or shampoo or brushing it, which are all mistakes (at least for me).

try out different things while you are growing out your hair at different lengths. experiment with hair brushes, shampoos, different products, so you dont get bored or fussy about cutting it. learn to tell when you should shampoo it and when you still have a couple days before you have to. or when you definitely have to brush it out.

end of rant, long story short dont be a pussy and fuss about your hair just grow it out.
>>
I need to find some good hats for the awkward stage. Any suggestions?
>>
>>12627050
literally any baseball cap works decently well
>>
File: untitled.jpg (95KB, 942x1356px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
95KB, 942x1356px
what should I do with this? the mullet looks horrible
>>
>>12628979
could look good if you keep the sort of side fringe and just have the back cut up.

or just grow it out. If you're looking for fast results there aren't any. grow it out and every 2-3 months go to a stylist and have them chop off dead ends.

shampoo and condition every other day.
>>
>>12629000
thank you, I'm definitely cutting that mullet soon
the problem with the side fringe is that it falls apart in seconds, leaving my hair in my eyes

also magnificent digits
>>
what if my hair reached a certain length and is beginning to "twist" away from my neck? is my hair fucked or do i have some sort of latent wavy hair gene or whatever
>>
>>12626185
After a certain point, probably around >>12628979, go to a place market towards women to get your hair cut. They know how to cut long hair.

As far as tips for growth, it's not really a secret.
>shampoo like every 3 days, sometimes 4
>condition everyday, and use plenty
>Use good products. Especially shampoo because you use so little of it. (One regular bottle lasts me 4-5 months or more where one LARGE bottle of conditioner only goes maybe a month)
>Brush, not comb
>Those rubber band hair ties are the devil, but there's no getting away from them, when you do tie your hair up, carefully remove it loop by loop, don't drag it all out at once
>when you have to tie your hair up, don't get stuck on one height for it, try to keep that band from being in the same place from day to day.
>Use a claw clip (don't know the real name) when your at home, doesn't damage the hair, but looks like shit
>REALLY try to avoid tying up wet hair (it stretches the unlucky follicle and they go rogue after that.)
>Get like 1/2" cut off every 3 months or so

And just remember, any damage done to the hair now doesn't go away, it just gets further from your head.
>>
>>12629092
Also, listen to Tom Wait, it helps, no joke.

https://youtu.be/aEj-mrwwaxo

And just grind through the awkward stages, there is no avoiding them. no tips for that shit outside just owning it and not acting self conscious. The only thing worse than awkward long hair is when it's on a guy that is embarrassed about it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.