[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys /r9k/ here i know nothing about fashion but i want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1435929824149.png (35KB, 898x964px) Image search: [Google]
1435929824149.png
35KB, 898x964px
hey guys /r9k/ here
i know nothing about fashion but i want to learn how to dress cool. im going to the thrift store tomorrow and have 40$ to spend on clothing. what should i look for? i want this style (ironically) im a short and skinny fat white male if that helps
>>
>>12611054
fuck the image describes me deeply
>>
>>12611054
Read the sticky and get your basics first.
>>
You can't look for anything specific when thrifting because there's never a guarantee that you'll find anything. The general rule is to educate yourself on quality items and garment construction. Keep the things you want and resell everything else.
>>
Why would you go to a party and not know at least one other person.
>>
>>12611098
to get shitfaced on someone else's expense?
>>
lul 40 bucks mate maybe put them on to stock market and hope that in 15 years you have enough to actually invest a bit on clothes

with 40 dollars you might be able to get decent chinos. or a t-shirt lol
>>
If you want to dress better, starting by redesigning your wardrobe is a smart option. If you can buy good quality basics, focus on that first.

>>12611090
Listen to this and nothing else.
>>
>>12611054
if you are /r9k/ this board will only make youre life worse
if you must "care about fashion" then just try to dress as masculine as possible and you might see some improvements how people treat you
>>
>>12612179
>youre life
whatever, fuck. your
>>
>>12612179

dressing masculine also requires a masculine body/face lol
>>
>>12611098
geeds man, geeds
>>
>>12612224
No it doesn't. Wear broad shouldered jackets, fitted pants, and leather boots.
>>
>>12612243
don't do this OP.

Start reading whatever threads you like, after some time you will develop taste. Do not dress the way this guy suggests...
>>
>>12611428
Enjoy being hated by everyone at the party, especially the host
>>
>>12612258
Pop fashion is a kike industry like everything else mainstream. The more you excel in this sideshow according to the hip standards of feminine dandyism, the easier it is for shlomo to overrun your country with superior macho thugs.

All being said this board isn't worth a dime more than the images posted to it. Save images of people you feel are well dressed when you see them. If you can't emulate fits textures and palettes from an image you won't be able to derive shit from text.
>>
>>12611054
OP, I'm assuming you're a teenager. If you want a legitimate style that will make you look respectable, don't fall for any of the meme styles on this board, go for /prep/. It's timeless, and looks great on all white and Asian people. Hispanics can get away with it if they're mixed

Anyways, thrift stores are the right choice for anyone new to fashion. It's easy to blow huge amounts of money on clothes that you end up not liking if you buy directly from stores.

You can usually find casual leather shoes and barely used sneakers that look fine for around $10 at most. Look for canvas shoes and boat shoes, loafers can be a hit or miss.

Lots of oxfords and sweaters are available too, it's a gold mine for the preppy look.

As far as pants go, chinos and shorts are the only things worth getting. Find a slim fitting pair of khakis/chinos and a pair of Chino shorts in white, nantucket red, or just khaki color (no cargo pants/shorts, these are also prevalent, and should be avoided at all costs)

Pick up a brown belt that isn't faux leather and you should be covered for basics.

You can get all this for under $40, if you know what to look for, and this is why I love thrift stores. But, there is a downside. You might have to come back a lot. You might not find everything, or anything sometimes. Never settle for something you don't like the look or fit of, and don't get stained/damaged clothes. It's ok to come home with nothing.

I've built up a substantial wardrobe of expensive brands/high quality pieces just from thrift stores, and you can too.
>>
>>12612265
who fucking cares.
>>
>>12612158
He's thrifting, dickhead
>>
>>12611054
>wants that style
>thrifting
an old german army field jacket.
you probably already have black jeans and a black tshirt, also sneakers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.