[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 43

File: o.39438.jpg (333KB, 1169x1169px) Image search: [Google]
o.39438.jpg
333KB, 1169x1169px
LAST THREAD >>12579526

---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1499188869081.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1499188869081.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12608914

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
File: malt.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
malt.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
What are some friendly summer fragrances? Like, for someone lighthearted and goofy.

I'm liking Pure Malt for that category in winter for reference.
>>
Dior homme or DHI? Would the extra sillage and longevity of Intense be worth the extra money?
>>
>>12609143
Invictus aqua, crees virgin island water
>>
>>12609165
Depends on what you want. DH is a lot more versatile, you can wear it year round as long as it isn't too hot. It just depends if you like the smell of DHI more.
>>
>>12609165

Jeremy said that intense > homme

homme and sport is a waste of money to him
>>
>>12608531
I know but I dont want something Ill like a lot first of all, not gonna waste tons of money on something I wont even consider my signature FIRST I just dont see the point unless you're one of those Niche is all about wasting money on random bottles retard
>>
>>12609220
I mean I dont want something I wont particularily like first of all. nothing smelled super special to me so far. maybe some did, but I wanna try others before I waste hundreds on a single fragrance
>>
File: SS16M47006779.jpg (61KB, 969x1092px) Image search: [Google]
SS16M47006779.jpg
61KB, 969x1092px
Was recommended Comme des Garcon 2 a while back for a clean smell fragrance. Looking for other recommendations before I pull the trigger.
>>
>>12608535
I dont currently have the time to go on vacations, and vacations are ephemeral. They're a waste of money for the most part unless you spend like a year in asia where everything is cheap (a place I dont particularily care about) but on the other hand Ill have all the samples that wont disappear unless I break/lose them. it's also something other people wont have to spend money on if they ever would like to try a couple without having to buy the samples themselves. but in the end the collection is mine.
>>
>>12609231
Reflection Man, Silver Mountain Water or Mugler Cologne if you want to smell clean in the most literal sense, smells like good soap.
>>
File: 123254345.jpg (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
123254345.jpg
15KB, 355x355px
Anythign that smells like this? You know, like "man".
>>
>>12609240
I am genuinely curious about you, Samplesperg. We know so little about this majestic creature. We know you make minimum wage, we know you don't go out much, consider going to parties "for losers", and thus it's safe to say that you are not in a relationship and are likely a virgin.

What I wonder about is what does a Samplesperg do besides sperg over samples? I know much of your time now is dedicated to huffing expensive scent water out of tiny vials, I assume while alone in a darkened room. But you've only been doing this for a few months. What was Samplesperg's life before becoming Samplesperg? Was your entire life up until now a training montage of you becoming autistic enough to think that spending 1000.00 on samples would be a good idea and a productive use of your time? If so, what song was it set to?
>>
>>12609304
Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Has that very classic masculine smell to it. I've never tried the original Versace Man, but I bet it's even more so.
>>
File: 12324345456.jpg (107KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
12324345456.jpg
107KB, 1200x798px
FUCK THIS JEREMY FAG

NO MY FRAGRANCES ARE NOT PLAYED OUT YOU FUCKING WHORE

COMING FROM A GUY WHO WAS LA NUIT'S BITCH SINCE FOREVER AHAHAHAHAHA

EAT A BULLET YOU QUEER
>>
>>12609231
Amouage Reflection. Very fresh, clean scent, almost a "clean laundry" scent, but incredibly smooth and refined. Probably my favorite clean scent ever.
>>
>>12609326
jeremys a pretty cool guy, eh gets compliments and doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
Am I remembering wrong or was Creed Aventus going for around $250 for 4oz on fragrancenet a few months ago? Compared to $310 now.
>>
>>12609341
Creed raised their prices on some of their fragrances because "they were becoming to mainstream and we wanted them to retain their exclusivity". IE. they're a bunch of greedy Jews.
>>
what's the best comme des garcons scent? I tried wonderwood, amazingreen and black but I can't decide between black and wonderwood and was wondering if there's anything better
>>
>>12609341
The testers are going for 250, I just got mine. Don't fucking buy their testers, though, they're all batch 16F01, which is a super weird, unpleasant vanilla heavy batch that has no longevity.
>>
>>12609308
I regret nothing
>>
File: dior sauvage.jpg (12KB, 230x225px) Image search: [Google]
dior sauvage.jpg
12KB, 230x225px
What is the Dior Sauvage of female fragrance? Like, big compliment getter and very popular.
>>
FYI the whole Aventus batch differences are a myth in a sense of "variation in natural ingredients", they just change up the wood synthetics or the Pineapple-Apple aroma chemical concentration. People are essentially over paying for very slight changes in amounts of aroma chemicals for an already overpriced frag.
>>
>>12609409
16F01 IS bad, though. The green notes are painfully chemical and smell more like CDNIM than Aventus. Obviously people shouldn't overpay hundreds of dollars for marginally "better" batches, but they definitely should know which ones to avoid, and there are a select few that should be.
>>
Can anyone recommend something that's kind of a fresh, not too heavy sandalwood fragrance that's a little sweet, with kind of a dry, dusty, amber and resins scent? Nothing cloying, nothing overly woody, nothing too heavy, so no big vanilla, incense, or clove sort of notes.

Does such a fragrance exist?
>>
>>12609442
Molecule 04? Sounds like the only thing you'd want.
>>
>>12609308
I choose to believe that Samplesperg was created 6 months ago in a lab by Mugatu in a bid to enslave humanity by creating the perfect perfume.

Samplesperg is programmed to sample every single perfume in existence, analyze them, and eventually determine the perfect permutation of notes and concentration that will create a scent so beautiful that people will be helpless before it.
>>
File: razorock zcent.jpg (78KB, 794x810px) Image search: [Google]
razorock zcent.jpg
78KB, 794x810px
>>12609341
>>
>>12609450
No, I'd want something with more than just sandalwood. Like I said, amber, resins, a little sweetness, maybe some light spiciness, maybe some nutmeg, light cinnamon, pink pepper, white musk, etc. Just something that's not heavy.

Also, pure javanol seems like it's actually kinda dirty smelling.
>>
>>12609384
he said, cradling hundreds of tiny vials of Invasion Barbare and sobbing at what his life had become
>>
>>12609539
I did what I could with what I had. Currently fragrances are the only things that give me a bit of joy, among other things.
>>
>>12609551
What other things? Curious.
>>
>>12609557
I'm not gonna talk about myself if it's not relevant to fragrances. I said bits and pieces about myself in the past and if you couldn't make a profile of me out of them that's too bad.
>>
>>12609566
So, you're narcissistic enough to think people care enough about you to follow your posts, make minimum wage, don't go out much, don't date, spend all your money on fragrances , and are likely either obese or whip skinny.

Sound about right?
>>
>>12609566
I'm not the one who's heckling you, I'm just curious and made the little goof about barbare.

But really, you might want to stop buying samples for a bit, it sounds like an addiction. I get it, it's like taking a chance every time plus the pleasure of buying things, but I guarantee you'll be happier if you save your money.
>>
>>12609607
I mean, the dude just spent a grand on samples. He clearly has a problem.
>>
>>12609597
despite all that, yep it seems so

>>12609607
I'll be happier if I spend a couple hundreds right now than if I save it for later when those couple hundreds dont really mean anything anymore (because Ill have an actual career with a better pay. it's not like I waste it all on drugs and shit anyway that will only last a couple days anyway).
>>
>>12609308
I only come to these threads to follow samplesperg's autistic escapades
>>
>>12609639
i said anyway too many times i gotta go either way
>>
>>12609639
I would be less worried if you spent all of your money on drugs desu
>>
>>12609643
He is a fascinating creature, isn't he? So human! It's like going to the zoo and just watching the monkeys do monkey shit. You learn something about yourself from observing their exploits, I think.
>>
>>12609406
Maybe Coco Mademoiselle? It seems like the basic bitch gold standard, and there are probably quite a few very similar fragrances. I'm basing this on how often I think I clock women wearing Coco. Either it's incredibly popular on its own, or a few competitors are cashing in on it too.
>>
>>12609344
There must be what like 100 CdG scents. If you like Wonderwood and Black, then you've got plenty more you should try out: Hinooki, Sugi, 2, 2man, Kyoto, and Avignon, at least.

I have a bottle of Wonderwood and a sample of Black. Black might be "better" than Wonderwood, in that it's more novel, interesting, complex, respected by people who obsess about fragrance, but it's hard for me to find an occasion to actually wear it. I suppose if you attend a lot of exhibitions, receptions, and cocktail parties. Or if you are just a compelling person anyway and want to put a cherry on top of that. But as an everyday mortal, Wonderwood is probably more useful.
>>
>>12609732
that's pretty much how I feel, I don't think black is as formal as you do but it's definitely more intense, I almost like wonderwood more except for that weird musty base note, smells like the 2x4s that have been sitting in my basement for nearly 20 years

I'll check out that other stuff tho, which ones are the best? so I don't have to spend 20 bucks on samples
>>
>>12609793
It's hard to pick one as best. 2 is the only one I bought a bottle of, but that's just because it was dirt cheap on notino. Probably Sugi would be my next buy, then Kyoto (maybe?). It's really subjective at this level. They're all excellent, but those are my preferences.
>>
After some time I bought new YSL Body Kouros and it seems to me that it smells kind of different than previous I owned. Like "cheaper", can't put exact words on it.
Is it possible YSL changed it or is it me just remeber it wrong?
>>
>>12609816
fair enough

know where can I get the cheapest samples then? I hate paying for shit like that
>>
>>12609831
I actually live close to a store that has most of those. So I just sampled a lot in the store.

In Europe, there's ausLiebezumDuft.de. Samples are like 4€ a pop for CDG price range. Actually I prefer that to putting in the time hustling reps, and the samples are generous and come with decent atomizers. I can't really think of a reliable way to get the samples I want for cheaper. You might get stuff for free in whatever circumstances, but it'll take a long time to luck in to what you want.
>>
>>12609868
Included atomizers are nice, I'm a burger tho
>>
Just pulled the trigger
Had this since like 2005, since I was 15
Tried a couple different ones over the years but nothing was as good
Always got compliments on it and landed all my 8+/10 lays with it on
>>
>>12609929
FWIW all my 8+ lays have been from when I was wearing CK Contradiction, Lacoste Red or Lacoste Essential. Correlation is not causation.
>>
>>12609929
I just ordered a 75ml bottle of it
Really sexiest scent ive smelt
>>
>>12609929
>>12609940
All of those girls were plebs with completely shit taste. I won't fuck a girl if she likes designer shit, only girls who like my 600.00 Oud Water that smells like animal dung and old yogurt.
>>
>>12609231
Look into Prada Amber Pour Homme or Infusion d'Homme
>>
File: asian green tea.jpg (22KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
asian green tea.jpg
22KB, 600x545px
What are some frags that surprised you when you smelled them?

Just today, the lady at Saks offered me a sample of pic related, was expecting a generic, lame tea scent but it was gorgeous. I'm considering a full bottle depending on how it develops on my skin.
>>
>>12609940
>>12609929
>implying girls will fuck you because you smell good
>>
>>12610202
I dunno, man. Chris Pine's done a bunch of fragrance ads (I assume people use every product they advertise) and he gets laid all the time. I think you might be wrong on this one.
>>
File: flacons.jpg (120KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
flacons.jpg
120KB, 960x718px
Is it safe to buy from splits online? I'm looking at getting a decant of Aventus from a split seller on basenotes.
>>
File: 1489860020758.jpg (64KB, 300x514px) Image search: [Google]
1489860020758.jpg
64KB, 300x514px
work: equipment jockey and advertising
hobbies: writing screenplays, tuning diesels, running
scents: invigorating, fresh, mysterious maybe nothing sweet
I need something that isn't too loud/strong or offensive. like they clients/or girls could only smell it when we are a face to face.
>>
>>12610612
narcisso rodriguez for him
>>
>>12609671
i hope you do because you're garbage lmao
>>
>>12609643
mmm... quite
>>
>>12610612
AdG Profumo
>>
>>12609165
The two scents are not identical. As said, DH is more versatile, and IMO a superior scent.
>>
>>12610749
lmao
>>
>>12609671
youre the bigger pleb therefore the actual monkey!
>>
>>12610743
>>12610863
Now, now. No need to get angry, Samplesperg. I admire you, I really do. You truly are one of god's special creatures. It takes a certain... something to dedicate yourself so wholeheartedly to the collection of tiny vials of alcohol and fragrance. I'm not certain what that something is, but I'm sure it's lovely.

Here, have a pudding cup.
>>
>>12610980
tiny vials or not is irrelevant; I'm after the creations themselves. they are worlds of their own. to call them alcohol + fragrance is overly simplistic and you know it. or else you woulnt be here.

pretty weird that im getting shit on so much because I seem to have a much deeper interest in fragrances than most here.
>>
>>12611027
>they are worlds of their own

Not the anon you're talking to, but I totally agree on this. Fragrances are fascinating, but don't you think getting hundreds of samples is a little overboard?

Also, little money saving tip: If you want some free samples, go into Saks and ask them to make you one/two. They'll happily do it. Could save 5-10 dollars every time.
>>
Does Dylan blue perform as well as Eros? Trying to get a bottle maybe this week
>>
File: bondno9dotcom.jpg (66KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
bondno9dotcom.jpg
66KB, 375x500px
Is it weird that I like BondNo9.com better than Aventus? Something about it just...feels better to me. I like how it's a bit sweeter and I like that cooling, almost menthol-esque effect it has. It's cleaner, too.
>>
>>12611114
Nearly. Eros is just a wee bit better because it's so strong, but Dylan Blue is plenty beast.

Have you tested it on your skin for extended periods of time? It tends to turn really weird on some people's skin
>>
>>12609532
I'm a poor fag but what you described perfectly fits "Zara Gold for men"
>>
File: 1414636509822.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1414636509822.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
Alright /fa/, it's time to prove your worth. I started fragrances 5 years ago, after reading a concise, inspirational post on /fit/. The poster recommended Chrome Legend, and he was fucking right. I got three women with that right off the bat, all of them entranced by the smell and always commenting on it, thinking it was a natural fragrance that somehow emanated from my skin. Fucked all of them and more, eventually, within the span of a few months. One was serious the others weren't. And I was a shut in who went to computer science classes.

2 years in I felt like the fragrance was being produced more thinly, as though it was more concentrated but lasted much less. So that was shit. I replaced it with one /fa/ recommended, "La Nuit De L Homme". But that one didn't step up the game at all. The ones who knew my smell from before said I just smelled "nice" but it wasn't as captivating as the other one.

So now I'm in the market again. I'd like something that inspires something like a walk in the twilight woods, something that takes you away from this shit world for a more dreamy one. I suppose it's hard to explain, something that inspires pic related.

Fuck. I just wish they wouldn't get cheap on their fucking fragrances and leave things how they are. Tried twice to buy Chrome Legend but it's just shit now, lasts no more than an hour and if you overspray it's shit.
>>
>>12611144
Nautica Voyage has that same "naturally emit it' vibe to it. It's hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you smell it.

the internet seems to think this fragrance smells the most like Legend, however:

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jaguar/Classic-Black-11793.html
>>
>>12611120
Might have to go to the mall and try it then. Eros works pretty well with my skin
>>
>>12611153
Definitely do. I love Dylan Blue on paper, just adore it, but on my skin it turns into an obnoxious mess.
>>
>>12611156
It's between Dylan blue or Acqua de gio Profumo at this point. Was leaning toward Dylan blue only because I already own the original adg
>>
>>12611165
If you haven't, try AdG Profumo, very different from the original. Definitely not as clean. I almost like it, but it's just a little too harsh for me. See what you think, though.
>>
>>12611169
Already tested it and works good on my skin. But I've heard nothing but good things about Dylan blue
>>
I've had CDNIM for a few weeks. I'm sure its legit since the packaging and bottle are both good quality, and the smell is basically as described. But either it doesnt last that long, or it causes major olfactory fatigue. Anyone else experience that?
>>
>>12611399
yeah like 2-3 hrs, you got feb 17 batch? I've heard more people saying it's shit. Also I dont even like the smell of it.
>>
>>12611107
He won't wear anything they sell at Saks. Not niche enough. Also, 1 or 2 samples wouldn't be enough for him. He literally just spent 1000.00 on samples. Not a typo. 3 zeros.
>>
Is Burberry Brit Rhythm Intense a good cheapie for casual use in the Winter?
>>
How hard is it really to get batches from certain years? Is there a website that makes it easy or are you stuck having to scavenge perfume shops
>>
>>12611702
If you're okay with splits, then basenotes. Otherwise, you have to scavenge or pay insane prices on ebay for bottles that may very well be fake.
>>
>>12611027
I'm very interested in fragrances, I research them and get samples as well. Except I buy fragrances. You know, to wear and enjoy. And don't say you wear your samples, you have .5mls, that's maybe 2-3 decent wearings of each at most. And wear does it end? Do you have to sample literally every fragrance on earth before you decide to buy one?

You don't get shit on for liking fragrances, of course not, that'd be silly. You get shit on because you just spent 1000.00 on samples, of which you already have hundreds, and still haven't seemingly liked anything enough to purchase. That'd be less weird if you were wealthy, but you're not. You make literally the very least amount of money an employer is legally allowed to give you in exchange for whatever meagre services you provide. If you had fuck you money, that'd be one thing. Floyd Mayweather spends 1000.00 a week on haircuts. If you had so much money that you just didn't give a shit, spending 1000.00 on samples wouldn't be that weird. But you don't. You're spending the entirety of your income on tiny vials of fragrance. You either have an addiction, and autistic spectrum disorder, or both.

You also act like your taste is superior to others' and your opinion is more valid, despite the fact that 6 months ago, you barely knew fragrances existed. You came here for help as a complete novice, we helped you gain knowledge, and now you act like you're better than us.

That's why you get shit on. Not because you have an interest, but because you take it to a degree that would be considered beyond the limits of social acceptability and because you act like a pretentious asshole.
>>
>>12611143
Interesting, I'll give that a look. Thanks.
>>
>>12611548
10/16, one amazon review put it well, its like there are no base notes, just some top notes and in 3 hours or so its just gone
>>
Looking for a summer fragrance that is very bright and citrusy, but still masculine.
>>
>>12611144
Depends a lot on your budget. Women absolutely love Creed Millesime Imperial on me. Can't get enough of it. Every girl I've been with while wearing it has commented on how good it smells, even get the occasional compliment from strangers at the supermarket or whatever.

Just seems to have that perfect blend of things women like. It's an aquatic, it has nice citrus and fruit notes, it's sweet (but not too sweet), and its musky.

Try a sample, see what you think. It's pricey, but in my opinion it's very worth it if your goal is to please girls.
>>
File: z80odlkcr6u.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
z80odlkcr6u.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>12611788
It ends when I say it does. I would buy 2-3 bottles if I had money but I obviously dont, so buying samples only is a pretty good substitute for now. I'll buy a bottle someday, but it's not the main reason why I buy samples, and I dont get why it's weird to anyone here.

I really have nothing else to spend my money on. I'll have an actual career eventually so it's not worth saving 800 bucks over like a year since it will probably be chump change, and I currently live in a shithole with nothing and nobody to talk to so I have to satisfy my needs materially, and frags do more than that to me.

I'm just saying my tastes are better generally speaking.If you say you like X and I say X is shit we have differing tastes and it doesnt take whatever amount of years to come to appreciate blew de chanel and sauvage. You do or you dont.

>>12611107
>don't you think getting hundreds of samples is a little overboard?
no because ill have an amazing collection. Saks is out of reach
>>
>>12611852
you'd have money if you didn't spend all of it on samples
>>
>>12610202
That was my point, I was wearing those pleb frags and it made no difference in my game. Self-confidence and self-comfort have made more difference than anything else in my experience.

This smell interest is more just about being able to stimulate a sense that the internet can't. The whole seduction thing always seemed ridiculous.
>>
>>12611874
not enough to buy anything significant
>>
>>12611943
>one thousand (1000) united states dollars is not enough to buy anything significant

please insert yourself into a wood chipper you dildo
>>
>>12611965
I made a list of things to buy and currently I dont have a really strong need to buy them

What would you buy with a thousand dollars?
>>
>>12611965
more like 800 canadian dollars
>>
>>12611978
/o/ stuff
>>
>>12611852
You make minimum wage, live alone in a hovel, have poor social skills, and no friends. I wouldn't count on being a billionaire one day, buddy. Also yes, saving even 800.00 over the course of a year (and come on, we know it's more than that, you've ordered at least 3 large batches of samples in the past 6 months) can be very significant in the long term if you're investing it or even putting it into a retirement fund.

>>12611978
Like two bottles of a Roja frags. Or put it towards a nice vacation somewhere (I know, ephemeral, because having interesting memories and stories to tell isn't worth sample money). Or put a down payment on a car. Or buy a new TV or computer or fridge or whatever. Or groceries for like 6 months. Or any of basically unlimited options that aren't fragrance samples.
>>
>>12611902
Yeah, no girl is gonna fuck you just because of a fragrance you're wearing. If they're already interested in you, smelling good to them will certainly enhance interest. The right fragrance, in my experience, if a girl is already in the mood can enhance sexually experiences to an extent. I've certainly gotten mid-coital comments about how good I smelled.

If you have no game to begin with, though, no fragrance, no matter how expensive or sophisticated, is going to get you laid.
>>
>>12612050
I wouldn't take advice from anybody who says things like mid-coital
>>
>>12611825

Looked it up and it looks pretty good, thank you for the suggestion definitely trying it out.
>>
>>12612060
It's a perfectly cromulent term.
>>
>>12612075
stop
>>
>>12612091
I'm just trying to embiggen your vocabulary.
>>
>>12612135
the simpsons haven't been relevant for years
>>
>>12612014
>vacations
>muh interesting memories and stories
Those can be made anywhere. Dont need to spend thousands
I dont have car, I already have a high end PC that costed me 3000 bucks in 2013, dont currently need a fridge, dont need a TV, I got groceries covered already. The only thing I could realistically buy currently is a moped.
>2 roja frags
I have enigma and riske and I wouldnt buy full bottles of these, nor would I really buy full bottles of any of the ones I got except maybe This is not a blue bottle for daily casual wear. I got the samples and that's enough for me. I'm not really looking for compliments anyway. More of an aura. But yeah I spent 1500 canadian dollars so far.
My social skills are only as good as the quality of the people I talk to. If I spend money on retirement fund it will be actual money, not chump change. Currently in the living conditions I live in, I think my samples are one of the best investments I could make, because they dont make life so terrible.
>>
>>12612153
I've got at least 5 years worth of reaction images but I don't have a single one that could express how absolutely fucking ridiculous it is that you exist
>>
>>12612153

>don't have a car
>high end PC

Opinion discarded. Do you hear me? Opinion discarded you fucking dork. Hey you know what, stay here. Stay here while I take your gf for a good time in my good car. Don't you worry about her, we'll have a Real good time. You stay here on your grand computer ok. We'll be back before midnight, maybe a bit later.
>>
>>12612163
it's ok
>>
>>12612166
as far as I know many people living in big cities dont have a car. not always needed. but im taking classes for my license anyway, so ill have one eventually.
>>
File: s1565902-main-hero.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
s1565902-main-hero.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
This is what I've been looking for: exotic, sexy, yet elegant.
>>
>>12612141
I know. That's why I was referencing an old episode.
>>
>>12612166
Somehow, I don't think he has to worry about someone stealing his girlfriend.
>>
>>12612163
There is no image that suffices. I suggest capping all the ridiculous shit he's said and making a Samplesperg collage. Future generations must know of this autism.
>>
>>12612166
>>12612173
He does have a bit of a point, though. If you live in a big city, a car can sometimes be more of a hindrance than anything.
>>
>>12612520
spend the money on rent and live in a dope apartment then

anything but throwing it away on garbage
>>
>>12612527
Oh, for sure, much better things to do with his money than what he does. Just saying, in some cities, cars aren't so great.
>>
Hey /fa/ judge my collection
Creed invictus
Invictus aqua
Versace pour home
Tom ford black orchid
Montblamcc legend for men intense
Yep l'homme
Cool water
>>
>>12612585
meme
>>
>>12612585
>creed invictus
wew lad

pretty pleb, none of those smell like literall shit and african monkey lizard musk with undertones of oud
>>
File: bleeker street.jpg (49KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
bleeker street.jpg
49KB, 375x500px
What's the best Bond No. 9?
>>
>>12612761
these bottles are fucking hideous
>>
File: git.jpg (3MB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
3MB, 1536x1536px
Best fragrance
>>
File: Dog wacky.jpg (150KB, 852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Dog wacky.jpg
150KB, 852x1041px
>>12612585
>Creed invictus
>>
This is a dumb question, but when Sephora gives free samples, do they only spray a tester strip and give that to you, or do they actually give you a sample vial of that fragrance?
>>
https://www.fragrantica.com/news/Givenchy-Gentleman-Givenchy-2017--9772.html

>that note breakdown

mite b cool
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-17-18-01-26.jpg (385KB, 760x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-17-18-01-26.jpg
385KB, 760x1086px
>>12612761
The Scent of Peace fH
B9
New York Patchouli
New York Oud

If I had to reduce my library from 130 bottles to just two, they would be TSoPH for >70 degree weather and B9 for everything cooler. If I could expand that selection to a total of five scents, I would take these four plus Bleu de Chanel EdT.

TSoPH is basically the designer scent to end all designer scents. Pineapple-bergamot X vetiver-cedar, featuring juniper. Everyone loves it, nobody knows it, and it projects better / lasts longer than anything you own. Its only downside is that in cold weather, the notes don't develop as nicely as in spring / summer.

Like TSoPH, B9 is another "what is that you're wearing please tell me now" scent. Super modern east-west floral musky spiced oud. The notes on fragrantica are incomplete, so check the Basenotes page for a better description.

The New York Patchouli / Oud duo are favorites of mine as each is a unique and modern take on their eponymous note. NY Oud features plum, honey, and orris atop the standard rose oud and patchouli.
NY Patchouli is much more about dark and mysterious florals than it is about Patchouli proper. Both are perfectly unisex, provided you enjoy and can rock strong perfumes.

Dark horse picks:

ILNY for Holidays - super budget praline fruitchouli gourmand with extraordinary performance. Cozy af in the winter and will scent your bed for weeks at a go.

Bleecker Street - you know what it is, and it's a lovely scent. It's just lacking in the performance category compared to my favorite Bonds. Bleecker honestly performs decently, but the Bond line's high retail price point demands much better.
>>
>>12613041
I've been meaning to try The Scent of Peace! I love bondno9.com, I'm really hype that Peace might be even better. Definitely gonna go off to Saks and try it out now, thanks anon!
>>
>>12613041
Oh, also, what's the worst Bond frag in your opinion? `I know some of them are pretty divisive
>>
>>12613053
You will be struck by how close TSoPH and bondno9.com are to each other. They could definitely be considered flankers.

As for the worst Bond, I don't like ILNY for Marriage Equality (it's a mess of discordant notes like nutmeg and plum and cashmeran) and Wall Street still doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>12612964
Sample vials.
>>
>>12612964
Little 2.5 ml spray bottles. You can get up to 3. Don't abuse it too often.
>>
>>12613091
>>12613109
Is there any risk of them not having the sample vial for the frag, or is it guaranteed they have it if they have the bottle in store?
>>
>>12613114
All the vials are empty, they'll take the tester and spray it a bunch of times into the empty vial, then pop the top on.
>>
>>12613120
Ohh, I see, thanks
>>
>>12613122
Got any specific ones planned or are you just gonna test em and grab the ones you like best?
>>
Is fragrancex a legit site?
>>
>>12613139
Dylan Blue and Prada L'homme
>>
>>12613041
I already have Pineapple Vintage Intense and some Arabic Aventus clone I don't know the name of. How similar to Aventus is Scent of Peace?
>>
>>12612964
>dumb question
No such thing. They spray ~2ml in to a plastic atomizer vial and give that to you. They also have the paper test strips.
>>
>>12613156
if the frag is basically bondno9.com, I'd say it's not all that similar to Aventus except for the pineapple. But that's not a bad thing, I like bondno9.com way better, actually. You'll have to see what he says, though
>>
>>12613041
How's New York Amber? I'm looking for an amber scent, but don't want something too heavy. Are the Rose and Aoud notes very heavy?
>>
>>12612527
what the fuck do I care about a ''dope'' appartment. you clearly dont belong here if you call appreciating and testing fragrances ''garbage''. am I on a random board or in the fragrance general?
>>
>>12613156
Scent of Peace is not going to be mistaken for Aventus. They are distinct and different perfumes, best viewed as competing entries in the same category.
>>12613189
NY Amber is very amber-y. I don't get a cloying rose in this one, and the Bond "oud" is always reined in. To me I perceive the rose as an heirloom rose, and the more dominant notes overall are sandalwood, saffron, and nutmeg. There's a definite spice to the composition.
>>
>>12613387
So, you don't care about having a nice place to live, or a car to drive, you don't care about women, or having friends, or going out and socializing. You don't seem to care about much of anything aside from huffing samples of the most pretentious fragrances you can get your hands on.

Do you really not see where the autism remarks are coming from?
>>
>>12613452
What's the best place to get samples of Bond frags? The usual sites don't seem to carry them and I don't really want to spend like 100.00 to get a sampler set from Saks.
>>
>>12613490
Literally just go to saks and ask them to fill a sample vial or three, it's what I'm gonna do and I've done it before
>>
>>12613492
They don't have a Saks in my city. I can order from them online, but that's about it.
>>
>>12613502
Oooh, interesting. They have samples on fragrancenet, you know.
>>
>>12613517
Guess that's my best bet, then.
>>
>>12613502
Call your nearest one and talk to the B9 counter person. Heck, I'm in LA and the Creed lady at the Niemans Creed counter in Beverly Hills (same city - a maybe 20 minute drive) mailed me a bunch of samples a few years ago fo free.
>>
>>12613529
Forgot to mention she offered. I would never have even thought to ask.
>>
>>12613529
Well, I'm in Canada, we only have a few Saks stores here, and near as I can tell, the closest one to me is like 3 provinces away, so that may not be in the cards.
>>
>>12613541
I know a little about our neighbors to the north, but I'm pretty sure you have a postal service. You use St. Bernards or something.
>>
>>12613561
We do. I think it's by moose nowadays. I'm just not sure if they'd be willing to send some free samples halfway across the country just because. Guess I could try. If not, fragrancenet works.
>>
Just got a bottle of pic related. How long til I get pussy?
>>
Good Bondfag, if you will; my favorite fragrances that I own are a Roja Enigma, Amouage Jubilation and Reflection, Creed MI and Royal Water, and Xerjoff Mefisto. I am looking to add a Bond scent to my collection. Do you have any recommendations based on my favorites?
>>
What's a good way to get started with fragrances? I have absolutely no experience with this, but I feel as this is something important to get started with.

I've been mainly using Nautica blue and Eau de lacoste. I don't really know where else to expand with this.

Also apart from cologne, how important a role do certain types of deodorant and body wash play in having a good scent?
>>
>>12613608
>How long til I get pussy?
1975, my man.
>>
>>12613622
Try everything. Identify notes and discover what you like. Keep doing that.

>deodorant and body wash
Don't last long enough to matter, but many people chose unscented to be safe. I have some scented body washes I like, but don't even factor them in to the equation of my SotD.
>>
>>12613640
Will do, thanks.

One last thing, how important is the season in regards to the type of cologne that you wear and is there an all around scent that works all the time despite the weather/temp?
>>
>>12613488
I care about all this but interesting people are pretty much nonexistent it seems. Sometimes I find a rare interesting person but he or she turns out to be a massive retard. So I'm always back to square 1.

It's the fragrance general so I only talk about fragrances obviously. I wont talk about my other interest if it's not relevant to this general. But I'll say this is the only place where I can always learn a thing or two or have good recs. Boards/generals that have my interests are filled with dumbasses (not that this general isnt) or it's simply not worth lurking.
>>
>>12613622
post images, get recs, buy samples, start from there
>>
Sampled some female fragrances today. Flora and Mademoiselle are incredible. The others were absolute trash. Full of jasmine. No 5 made me sick. Why is it in every female fragrance?
>>
>>12613705
>Sometimes I find a rare interesting person but he or she turns out to be a massive retard
It's always them being the massive retard, isn't it. What terrible luck you must have.
>>
>>12613705
I'm sure you're very interesting with your one (1) """"hobby""""
>>
>>12613622

>lacoste

You may as well smell like every other beaner out there m8
>>
>>12613622
Go to Sephora and sample a few popular fragrances like Dior Sauvage, Versace Dylan Blue, Bleu de Chanel, etc.

See which one you like the most, ask for a sample vial and wear it for a bit. If you still like it, get that one. Though really, if it's just positive attention you're after, get Dior Sauvage.
>>
File: IMG_4309.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4309.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
What's with the hate for santal 33?
>>
>>12614261
People are saying it smells like dill.
>>
>>12614293
I don't see it. Not sweet and fresh enough.
>>12614261
Are there any cheaper imitations? I have molecule 01 and it's similar but not quite floral and pleasant enough for me.
>>
File: versace.png (194KB, 400x561px) Image search: [Google]
versace.png
194KB, 400x561px
Is this good? Any better recs?
>>
>>12614304
Yeah that's a pretty good one. Cheap and very pleasant. Not the greatest performance but cheap enough that you can reapply whenever you want.
>>
>>12614304
I didn't like it, but only because it has a very machismo/older guy vibe to it. It's a good frag, but definitely sample first. It's not as Eau Fraiche as you'd think.
>>
>>12614314
Well i am an older guy so imma thank >>12614312
and get it
>>
>>12613705
Protip: if you think everyone else is an asshole, it's probably you, not them.
>>
>>12608914
Do frags last longer sprayed on the chest under clothes? Or is it the lack of olfactory fatigue that makes Mugler cologne last like 11+ hours on me as a skin scent?
>>
>>12612585
>>12612593
I'll meme on you kids
Creed Aventus
Club De Nuit Intense
Dior Sauvage
Chanel Blue
Aqua Di Gio
Armani Code
La Nuit De L'homme
Dylan Blue
Eros
Eau Fraîche
Terre D'Hermes
Spice Bomb
Givenchy Play
One Million

I'm gonna add Amouage Reflection and Invictus Aqua to the meme list soon.
Most complimented is CDNI by far, I really don't get it. Terre D'Hermes is my favorite but everyone around me hates it.
>>
>>12614947
You get mroe compliments with cdni than aventus?
>armani code
opinion? i love this shit but nobody really talks about it any more
>>
>>12614947
also how do you like dylan blue
>>
>>12614947
I really wouldn't call Reflection a meme, given that very few people actually seem to know it.
>>
File: pussylatte.jpg (22KB, 580x402px) Image search: [Google]
pussylatte.jpg
22KB, 580x402px
I know I'm early, but whats the best cologne for the fall/winter time?

I live in Texas, so it doesn't get too cold here, but I just want something to wear during the fall/winter seasons.
>>
What are some good black pepper scents? I really like cdg black but it's not as comfy as I'd like
>>
>>12615096
That's going to really depend on a lot of factors. It's kind of like asking "what are the best clothes to wear for fall/winter". Depends a lot on you, your style, what you want to project, etc.

Generally, though, you want to wear heavier, sweeter scents during the winter. Things with really rich spice notes, heavy woods like Oud, vanilla, chocolates, dark booze notes like cognac, tobaccos, etc.
>>
>>12615137
Atelier Cologne Poivre Electrique
Hermes Poivre Samarcande
L'Artisan Navegar
Le Labo Poivre 23
Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum
CDG Blackpepper
Montale Greyland
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
>>
>>12615096
Some solid safe picks are
Dolce and Gabanna The One EDP - very smooth sweet tobacco scent with mass appeal
Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb - Name gives it away
CH Men Prive - leather jacket sex scent
Armani Code - Old school classic, can't go wrong
YSL La Nuit De L'homme - softer scent that does well for cosying up with someone
>>
>>12615242
>YSL La Nuit De L'homme

Isn't this cologne shit now?
Everyone on here seems to talk badly about it and say how the new version sucks.
>>
>>12615258
Yes, the current formulation suffers from poor performance. Make sure the bottle you purchase is from before 2016.
>>
>>12614947
cdni out performs aventus for me both on paper and on skin
>>
>>12613666
Nice Devil trips. Fairly important. You generally don't want to be wearing anything too rich and warm when it's warm out, as it could get cloying. Conversely, a light citrus could get lost under the layers of clothing or in the cold winter air. Few frags are true all-weather scents, but TdH is one of them.
>>
Can you guys recommend your strongest, longest-lasting beastmode frags that still smell mass-appealing?
>>
>>12615617
Versace Eros, Club de nuit intense man
>>
>>12615213
god these names are so pretentious

Le bleu aux de la perdue l'homme de lue
>>
>>12615617
begone jeremy
>>
>>12616082
dude, the first half are the brand/house and other half is the name of the frag

Hermes Poivre Samarcande

Hermes is the House and Poivre Samarcande is the name

he could have written Hermes - Poivre Samarcande too it would have been the same

I speak french and none of this is ''pretentious''
>>
File: 375x500.474.jpg (20KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.474.jpg
20KB, 375x500px
Is this shit or anything by creed for that matter worth it? It seems ridiculous as fuck to be paying 200$+ for a travel sized bottle
>>
>>12616834
I would say it's worth it on some like MI and Aventus, but with the lack of professionalism shown by such obvious batch variation, it isn't.
>>
>>12611027
Look mate, you're getting shit on because you're throwing your weight around, disregarding people's opinions and thoughts just because muh niche and muh collection of samples is bigger than yours.
"It's shit, it's designer". It's like you want people here to dislike you. Stop being a fuckwit and people will stop shitting on you. This thread you're just playing victim.
The frequent posters here are happy to discuss fragrance questions and opinions, like fucking anything, treat people with respect and they will too.
>>
>>12612694
Cmon pal, no need to fake a trip. The sperg doesn't trip. You're giving him more attention than he deserves.
>>
>>12613041
Bond Fag I've missed you in all this samplesperg fiasco. Post updated collection.

Actually, everyone post collections
>>
File: 33719076_A1.jpg (111KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
33719076_A1.jpg
111KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>12616834
Welcome to niche perfumery, friend. Haute Luxe is £2,500 for a 50ml bottle.

Value is relative. Things are worth what people are willing to pay.
>>
>>12616919
I wouldn't bother. He'll just give you some emo shit about how he buys samples because his life is shit and it's the only thing that brings him joy, then proceed to say how superior his taste is to everyone else as if it's an objective truth. We've been down this road before. He's to autistic to understand what he's doing wrong.
>>
>>12616906
See
>>12609409

Also >>12617106 it's 100ml
>>
>>12617182
Is it? I thought all the Roja frags came in 50mls. I guess when you're charging that much, the least you can do is give you 100mls.
>>
>>12617216
Well the pour homme and pour femme lines are all 50 ml except a 100 ml version of Enigma pour femme. The original Aoud trio can be either 30 ml or 100 ml, and the AP versions are 30 ml.
F&M Taif comes in 50 ml and 100 ml. H black tier can be 30 ml or 100 ml. 51 pour femme can be 30 ml or 100 ml. The Tutti aouds are all 50 ml. The Gulf collection are all 50 ml. The Profumi D'Amore collection are all 50 ml. The haute luxe, PDLN and Imperial collections are all 100ml. The other Harrods exclusives, BG exclusives and Russian line are all 50 ml. The Selfridges EDP exclusives are 100 ml.

You can also ask to have some of them in perfumers canisters (grey coloured) instead of bottles that are 250 ml. Someone on BN apparently got Haute luxe without the flakes in one of them, so I'm guessing you can do that with all of them but idk how much that would be.

Although I don't really believe it since they only made 2 posts, someone on BN said that Roja might be selling up shop to the Lauder conglomerate. Which I guess would explain his two new body creams. But yeah, those are the mls and stuff.
>>
>>12617242
Huh, interesting. Kinda hope he's not selling, I don't want his frags being "reformualted" (see: watered down). I like my Enigma EDP lasting 8-10 hours.
>>
>>12617282
AFAIK the only couple reformulations was from another Oakmoss scandal in 2014, but a couple apparently had their Oakmoss molecularly fiddled with so the two allergenic molecules were removed, for the rest maybe they put a little in and added a substitute to keep the effect. And a couple of the pour femme lines used to be more aldehydic but were reformed to be more powdery or sweet. Probably because they got a younger customer base than they expected so they wanted to add a gourmand quality I guess. Kinda like how the Tutti aouds are supposed to appeal to the younger crowd (presumably). Oh yeah and the most obvious reform was Nuwa cause the Chinese freaked out over it for some reason and the cumin was too intense for most.
>>
>>12617337
Can't say I blame them. I hate cumin notes, especially particularly strong ones.

I kinda like Fruity Aoud. Actually thinking of grabbing a bottle next time I'm in Amsterdam. It's interesting stuff. I'm a 34 year old man, but I think I could still rock it.
>>
>>12616925
Hello friend. I've been lurking, typically creating the OP and then fucking off for a few days until 310. I stopped engaging with / addressing SS after he first came to prominence some months back, primarily out of a desire to keep conversation on topic. That certainly seems to have been a winning strategy.

My library and my daily wear tracking have stagnated somewhat this year and I really haven't bought anything since early spring. I'll probably get the itch to try new frags in a few months when the seasons change again. For now my /fa/ money is getting blown on sneakers.
>>
File: IMG_0773.jpg (52KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.jpg
52KB, 1000x1000px
this smells fucking incredible, why does it only last for 2 hours and I'm the only one who can smell it?

it's not fair /fa/m
>>
>>12617381

Yeah any spice noted ramped up too much is off-putting, I have the OG formulation of spice bomb and the cinnamon and pepper notes were just cloying. I like their gourmand style so far, their Saudi Arabian and Kuwait smells pretty good, might get one in the future. I really love florientals though, like a couple of years ago I would have never had imagined loving resins and floral notes, even heavy jasmine. Hunting for vintage has had some pretty amazing results too.
>>
>>12617480
Haven't tried those. There's nowhere near here that sells his stuff, so I'm basically stuck sampling from the internet, which has a limited selection, or trying his stuff when I'm on vacation. They look interesting, though. I'll definitely try them if I get the chance.
>>
what's a good fall/winter scent if I'm going out with the sole purpose of dropping panties?

preferably one I can get for cheap on fragrancenet or something
>>
what's the absolute comfiest scent I can get? Something for cold weather you'd just wanna cuddle up to for a while, maybe something kind of woodsy and natural

I'm 20 so nothing too "sophisticated"
>>
>>12617794
The One by D&G is pretty fucking comfy.
>>
>>12617775
>>12617794
Spicebomb on both accounts.
>>
File: 375x500.29675[1].jpg (44KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.29675[1].jpg
44KB, 375x500px
>>12617798
Doesn't last or project much though, but I agree.
>>
>>12617803
Try the EDP, +2 hours of longevity from the original
>>
>>12617805
Shitty part is I bought the EDT a month before they announced the EDP.
>>
>>12617802
comfy anon here, I thought spicebomb was more of a clubbing scent, I smelled it and didnt like it much either
>>12617803
is this supposed to be a better alternative to the one or something?
>>
>>12617818
Nah I was gonna ask a question about Noir Extreme but decided not too, the pic was left over. Although Noir Extreme and Spicebomb are in the same category of scents I'd say.
>>
>>12617805
but does the edp project any more?
>>
>>12617775
D&G The One EDP +1
Spicebomb +1
Versace Eros
Armani Code Profumo
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
Mont Blanc Individuel
JPG Ultra Male
>>
>>12617420
Welcome to CDG perfumery, where the fragrances are unfinished and the scents are amazing, but only for a moment.
>>
Has anyone tried Margiela Replica Jazz Club? Heard amazing things but can't find any samples in the UK
>>
>>12617818
I don't know if I'd say Spicebomb is really a clubbing scent, I find it pretty comfy with the nice spicy-sweet notes. To each their own, I guess!
>>
File: razorock zcent.jpg (80KB, 743x772px) Image search: [Google]
razorock zcent.jpg
80KB, 743x772px
>>12616834
>>
>>12617843
Nah, but it never quite becomes a skin scent until it goes away entirely. It hangs in the 1-2 foot range for a while.
>>
>>12617934
Eros is a cold weather scent? I didn't know that, it's cheap as fuck too
>>
>>12618071
It works during summer too, you just have to go light on it. The citrus and min work well in warm weather, the vanilla is good for cold. It's quite versatile.
>>
>>12618071
It can be an all year round scent, the only time I wouldn't wear it is in the summer heat. Even though it has a freshness from the mint, it's super sweet and the performance is monstrous so it'll easily cut through the cold in the fall/winter
>>
>Egoiste

Why does something with such a great name smell so bad? Grandpacore to the max.

Also, any opinions on Prada L'Homme Intense?
>>
Anyone ever buy shit from END.?
>>
>>12617803
this is my signature frag
>>
>>12608914

how the fuck do you guys afford all this shit? I thought most anons were poor.
>>
>>12618162
>how the fuck do you guys afford all this shit?

Turns out there are many people here who only buy samples/decants
>>
>>12618162
Idk senpai, I see this board shilling expensive as fuck ugly hoboshit which costs more than my entire collection. $100 isn't that bad.
>>
>>12612153

pls kys you pretentious snob
>>
>>12613705

i bet you masturbate while looking at the mirror. All that autism you sense if coming from you.
>>
>>12617775
In order of price, low to high:
Mahogany Woods
Body Kouros
24 Gold
DHI
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>12618104
>Egoiste
>bad
>>
>>12618162
>afford all this shit
Even a $300 100ml bottle costs only ~$1/day to smell good, but you can smell just as good for $0.20/day or less, and you just cannot use more than a couple bucks/day period even if you are an Arab and/or a drag queen.

And >>12618188
>hoboshit
kek yes, remember where you are. If you really want to wonder what the fuck some people do for a living, check out /k/. Guns are ~$300 and up (way up) and anything bigger than a .22 costs at least $0.30 each and every time it goes bang.
>>
>>12618295
language
>>
>>12617794
A*men Pure Malt. Super fucking cozy, especially after the opening.
>>
>>12618513
I mean, if you're a collector, it's still definitely an expensive hobby, but yeah, a bottle's gonna last you probably a year at least. If you're only buying a couple bottles to wear, it's not that pricey overall/
>>
File: legit.jpg (48KB, 545x726px) Image search: [Google]
legit.jpg
48KB, 545x726px
If someone's selling a 75% full bottle of aventus for 40€ it's fake right. I could go there myself to check it's only like 45 min away. batch is LT4215Y11. see pic
>>
>>12618773
Its fake
>>
>>12617960
Someone usually brings it up each thread either asking about it or saying they like it and wear it. I haven't tried it but people seem to like it. At least the people wearing it like it.
>>
Spicebomb or spicebomb extreme?
>>
>>12619395
To me, Spicebomb Etxremem was just another generic tobacco scent. TF TV, Herod, Pure Havane, etc. You know what to expect.

Original Spicebomb is a little more interesting. Yes, it's a sweet designer scent, but I love those cinnamon and pink pepper notes. It just smells good. Women love it, too.

So I'd say the original, personally.
>>
Don't be a poorfag and buy from CB I hate perfume.
>>
>>12618610
can confirm
Applied a tiny bit before going to sleep.

Smells so fucking good
>>
>>12618610
>>12619994
Is that the one with the cherry cough syrup opening?
>>
>>12619693
>Don't be a poorfag and buy from CB I hate perfume.
Interesting, this statement can be construed as you calling those who do, as well as those who don't purchase from CBIHP poorfags.
>>
>>12618773
>arabic writing
>british fragrance
>that deformed bottle
lamao
>>
File: Dior-Homme.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dior-Homme.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
>>12609165
Assuming you've already smelled both and like them both, definitely, Dior Homme. DH already has great sillage, and the longevity is pretty good too. As already stated, it's much more versatile and a bit more masculine that DHI. It's also much better balanced between the sweet, powdery elements and the amber/bergamot freshness, whereas the powdery cacao in DHI kinda overtakes everything else and makes it smell like straight chocolate in the drydown, which I don't really like personally.

DHI is a little overhyped in North America, I think because it's harder to get here.
>>
is molecule 01 worth the hype?? the reviews are all so different, don't know what to make of it
>>
Dylan Blue literally smells like shower gel

I was memed
>>
Have you retards ever thought that going to a fragrance shop and sampling would answer all of your questions?
>>
>>12620441
No shit, it's a popular "panty dropper"
>>
>>12620355
I have a legit bottle of MI that came with one of those cards in Arabic. Some bottles from the grey market are from the middle eastern market. They have a Creed boutique in Dubai, so yes, there are legit bottles that have English labels and boxes with an Arabic card.

But yeah, the one in that picture is pretty off looking.
>>
>>12608915
male, 0-120, indoors homie, seducing my tinder gf with vegan cooking, i like the smell of weed and bergamot.
>>
>>12620442
yeah but then I have to go outside

also sephora sucks
>>
>>12620554
I suggest getting some pure patchouli oil mixed with cat piss and slathering it all over yourself, you dirty hippie!
>>
>>12620442
Have you ever thought that many of us live in places that don't have stores other than maybe a Macy's that carries only the bare-bones selection of mainstream fragrances, retard? Not so many places to go to sample niche fragrances in person.
>>
>>12620554
I would suggest Neque Eur's Elf
>>
>>12620806
Is that one of Black Phoenix's scents?
>>
File: thierry mugler.jpg (117KB, 1024x329px) Image search: [Google]
thierry mugler.jpg
117KB, 1024x329px
Is Mugler the weirdest house? From "celestial treats" for the members of the "elite circle" to "attendants performing the refilling ritual at the source in absolute silence", it's all honestly really cringy and outlandish.
>>
>>12620946
Google Thierry Mugler. That will answer any questions you may have.
>>
>>12609143
Bvlgari blv
Smells like ginger and baby powder. But grows on you.
>>
File: 375x500.35561.jpg (39KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.35561.jpg
39KB, 375x500px
>>12609406
Dior Poison Girl

Dior kills it with mass pleasing scents.
>>
>>12620946
Mugler has always been Haute Couture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qht7JRaePO0
>>
Anyone ever tried back in the day

Armani White for Him (Red) it came in a small bottle, it was my fav fragrance but then they discontinued it.

Anyone have anything similar to that?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=armani+red&client=ms-android-xiaomi&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV28yJtprVAhWjBsAKHcXOB5IQ_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=564

This is what it looked like
>>
>>12621184
Poison girl is my favorite, its scent is so pleasant
>>
>>12621486
JPG La Cologne Fleur du Male
Gap The Natural

I haven't tried either and I don't know if they're available or not, but they have similar notes.
>>
>>12620946
>>12621188
Thierry Mugler looks like the Monopoly Man blew all his money on steroids.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (363KB, 1796x580px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
363KB, 1796x580px
Was Pliny right /fa/?
>>
>>12621769
Yes. But who doesnt enjoy some decadence?
>>
>>12621928
This. You've never gone to an expensive restaurant or had expensive chocolate? You damn well know those Godiva truffles don't have like 5.00 worth of ingredients in them each, the probably cost pennies to make. Doesn't matter because they're fucking delicious. I know it doesn't cost Roja Dove 400.00 to produce a bottle of Enigma, but it smells fucking incredible, so I don't give a fuck.

It's an indulgence. If you live a life where you never splurge on dumb shit that you love but probably isn't worth the money, you must have a fucking boring life.
>>
>>12621961
you don't have to live a boring life just because you don't want to spend $400 on a bottle of smelly water, you could get some real nice shoes or something for that cash
>>
what should be my first fragrance? nothing too niche or hipster and something that works pretty much in any situation
>>
>>12621999
I didn't say fragrance specifically, I said if you never splurge on shit you like. Fragrances just happen to be one of my personally splurges. Also chocolate. And steaks. And expensive whiskey. And high-end escorts.

I may have a problem.
>>
>>12622042
Honestly, probably something like Sauvage. Yes, it's super common, but it's popular for a reason. It smells good, it's versatile, and people will like it on you. If you don't want to get too deep into fragrances and just want something easy and crowd-pleasing, that's where I'd start.
>>
>>12622050
maybe you should find a hobby more productive than pretending to be gordon gekko anon
>>
>>12622078
Probably. But what're ya gonna do, right?
>>
>>12622056
Seems good. What about Chanel's allure homme or bleu de Chanel? They're p much the only other fragrances I know lol
>>
>>12622083
jigsaw puzzles
>>
>>12622122
Dunno AH. BdC, I'm not a huge fan of. I have the EDP version, and it has very poor longevity. It's basically gone after 2 hours of so. I just think it's overpriced for what it is.

You might also look into Versace Eros. It's quite versatile because the vanilla note stands up well in colder weather, and the fresh citrus and mint works well during summer, though you need to go light on it when it's warm out. Women seem to like it a lot too.
>>
>>12622130
Sexy jigsaw puzzles? Possibly jewel-encrusted?
>>
File: memoirsofatrespasser.jpg (37KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
memoirsofatrespasser.jpg
37KB, 570x570px
>>12617794
pic related, no contest. beautifully resinous, woody, slightly smoky vanilla
>>
>>12622210
both obviously, are you a peasant?
>>
>>12622236
this sounds nice, right now wonderwood is my top choice, smelling like a log cabin is pretty hard to beat comfy-wise

I'll probably try this out to see which ones better
>>
Versace dylan blue really does smell like shower gel or deodorant lol
>>
Are any A Men flankers suitable for work? Maybe Pure Wood?
>>
>>12622454
Mebbe Ultra Zest but that's it, all of them are pretty heavy
>>
Fragrance is the biggest meme I ever fell for. Thanks guys, I smell great.
>>
Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme smells almost exactly like Eros
>>
>>12617960
For all year but not for summer (too strong). It smells coconut, vanilla and whisky. Very warm and cosy. After a few hours the scent changes and has some similarities with D&G - The One (which is not bad). Bretty good in my opinion. Good projection and longevity, but not a beast.
In Replica line, i really like "At The Barber`s", very good and uplifting barber scent.
>>
File: atomz.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
atomz.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>buy set of these online
>walk into department store and pick up clothes to "try on"
>pick up Sauvage tester on the way
>"try on" clothes
>walk out with six Sauvage decants

So how do you all fund your hobbies?
>>
>>12623389
>having to steal Sauvage

How's being poor working out for you?
>>
>>12623389
The sad part is three of them will evaporate before you can get to them. That and stealing.
>>
>>12623389
sauvage's atomizer doesnt come off and those are bottom fill so how did you pull that off
>>
>>12623389
>The state of /frag/

A bunch of poorfags trying to keep up with the Jones'.

If you're poor, it's in your best interest to leave the thread.
>>
File: CK2.jpg (17KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
CK2.jpg
17KB, 620x620px
Really been feeling my newly purchased CK2, but it's running low. Someone who knows a similar fragrance? :)
>>
Is Mont Blanc Individuel worth picking up? I love Original Santal and it smells exactly like this cologne somebody around me wore 12 years ago but could never find (he claimed it was Tag body spray but yeah right), so if Individuel is close to this I would be intrigued
>>
>>12624044
Yeah santal is actually a 'copy' of individual
>>
>>12623735
He's lying, that's how.
>>
So, Creed's "new" read (smaller and more expensive) Aventus bottles are out.

They're being priced the same as Roja's EDPs.

Why?
>>
>>12609311
no way man eau fraiche smells good. man smells awfull like going into a smokers house and smelling the nicotine being covered up by candles or something.
>>
>>12624044
I'm actually wearing santal on my left wrist and individuel on my right wrist right now because I wanted to compare them. Basically santal is a bit smoother/creamier and more natural smelling, individuel is a bit sharper/synthetic. Very similar indeed, you could say you're wearing santal and you'd fool most people. I feel individuel last a bit longer too.
>>
>>12620289
smells like whisky, is heavy (suitable for winter) and personally i can smell some chocolate
>>
File: catshoji.jpg (38KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
catshoji.jpg
38KB, 550x733px
New thread:
>>12608914
>>12624695
>>
What's a good smelling male antiperspirant that isn't too expensive?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.