[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreadlocs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 696.jpg (83KB, 878x960px) Image search: [Google]
696.jpg
83KB, 878x960px
Yo, so I'm trying to start dreads

(Shut up)

Some people I talked to a couple weeks ago told me to simply just stop combing my hair and use a special shampoo, but I find that hard to believe. They had great dreads, though and they aren't the first to tell me the same thing while having awesome dreads. So it's been awhile and I feel the back of my hair starting to knot up a bunch, but every video I see on YT is talking about twist and rip, back combing, etc. Any advice on what to do? Also, I'm a white guy. Not sure how much of a difference that makes

(Inb4 don't be white and have dreads)

Pic relayed
>>
Blamp
>>
>>12603482
it's not acceptable to use 9gag text memes
>>
didnt read shit, you are going to end up looking like an unwashed rat that smells
>>
>>12603515
I am an unwashed rat that smells tho
>>
fucking gross hippie degenerates.
>>
>>12603565
Fucking gentrifying hipster trash
>>
first of all, if you wash your dreads, they won't smell
get them backcombed by someone that has done it before
twist'n'rip is okay for thin dreads and freeform will most likely not work with european hair
just stop using conditioner/shampoo( don't use silicone) and wash your hair with shower gel or dread soap/shampoo a couple of days before your hair gets dreaded and after
>>
>>12603573
Thanks For the input! Dudes who told me freeform was best were some of my black friends, so that's why I was curious. Is silicone same thing as dread wax? I've heard alot of people say to avoid it, but a few say it helped them.

I imagine dreads are different for each individual, like most thing. And some of the white people I talked to didn't give me much to go by, and the black people I've talked to seems like it's just different for them. I swear one of my homies had perfect dreads in like 5 months lol, but I'm that white boii
>>
>>12603573
Also, about the washing, that's obvious. I heard soaking in baking soda is a good thing, but special shampoo should do the trick. It just takes a while to wash and dry is all.
>>
>>12603482
Dreads are fucking nasty
Please go to reddit

I think you would fit in better there
>>
>>12603609
Yeah, I got an account not long ago and they're more willing to have a real conversation over there than here. Probably will in the future.
>>
File: zyori.png (396KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
zyori.png
396KB, 600x469px
dont do it man
>>
>>12603621

fuck off faggot
>>
>>12603482
>posts caption meme
>it ain't 2007 starts playing
>>
>>12603621
Hurry then, you smelly cunt, They're waiting to upvote your shitty matted hair.
>>
>>12603590
black hair is a complete different story, they can freeform easily yeah, thats why you should go for backcombing
silicones are in modt shampoos and conditioners and you don't want that, because you want your hair to be kinda rough (try washing it with curd soap, you'll instantly feel a difference)
also avoid everything put in there, no wax or anything because that is what makes them smell
the only thing different in maintenance is that you need longer for your hair to dry and that you have to keep up with it growing (tighten roots), else you can treat it exactly like normal hair,you can even go back to normal shampoo after they locked up properly if you want to
>>
>>12603621
edgy /fa/ggots BTFO
>>
if you can't get dreads just by fucking around with your fingers in your hair then just give up. all that's going to happen is you'll be ugly as fuck and get hospitalized when the mold in the middle starts mutating

if you had the kind of hair for dread locks then you'd probably already know someone who knows how to do it right
>>
Not combing your hair wont help.
I havent combed my hair for more than a month now and it still looks exactly the same as id did the first day. I have long thick mane and Im using just cheap shampoos without conditioners or balsam.
Maybe with some special shampoo it could work but not combing alone doesnt do shit.
Im white btw.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.