[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British wool [pic related]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: kilt_01mixwatchwalmor-front.jpg (129KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
kilt_01mixwatchwalmor-front.jpg
129KB, 750x750px
Is British wool any good? From one shepherd's story it seems it's quite shit. Le Kilt sells skirts for 400+ pounds each and I wonder how much of it is wool price only
>>
>>12589796
Inb4 some angry autistic snp voter whines about muh independent Scotland
>>
Never buy Welsh wool
>>
>>12589831
what's wrong with it? is it because it rains so much in britain that the wool is bad?
>>
>>12589837
Well you clearly don't know shit about sheep, wool or Welshmen
>>
>>12589856
that's why i'm asking duh
>>
>>12589796
>Is British wool any good? From one shepherd's story it seems it's quite shit. Le Kilt sells skirts for 400+ pounds each and I wonder how much of it is wool price only

in my experience top tier wools go for about 20-90£ wholesale in the uk we're talking about custom dyed tartans and stuff like that, so honestly maybe half the cost is fabric but, i highly doubt le kilt makes any money using 90£ a yard wool so i would be wary of their quality

that being said british wool is amoung the best in the world, the harris tweed in the outer hebirdes is one of the only fabric manufactuers who were able to trademark and protect the way they make wool however you're only gonna get lambs/sheeps wool of any quality in the uk if you want things likie vicuna/cashmere and baby cashmere you need to look at loro piana they have a near monoply on manufacturing of those fabrics and take the top 10% for themselves and sell everything else, last time i was able to find vicuna from lora piana it was a vendor who buys up unusable or excess rolls based in toronto had a few
yards for 550 cad a yard

tl;dr yes british wool is fantastic

but, italians and the swiss also make top tier wools and in more varities
>>
>>12589864
Jesus Christ he's making a joke about Welsh people fucking sheep are you that dense
>>
>>12589875
This is a really insightful post. How does British wool compare to New Zealand wool?
>>
>>12589892
it doesn't i suppose but the post is about british post as le kilt uses this kind of wool specifically, so i want to know if it's worth it for that amount of money
>>
>>12589892
i dont have experience with new zealand wool im afraid
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.