[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start a fashion blog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: yohji4graypink72dpi.jpg (47KB, 361x700px) Image search: [Google]
yohji4graypink72dpi.jpg
47KB, 361x700px
Would creating one be wise? I'm wondering how I would go about this, what sites I could use and any tips/advice anyone who currently does, has done or knows anyone who does would give.

I was thinking of giving it a try but I wonder what would be important things to have in one, what you guys would recommend in order to be a bit more different and creative and any good ones you know.

Google searching is alright but if we're being honest, the majority of blogs in 2017 are quite shit as they're either fatwomen fashion blogs or streetwear shit
>>
You don't.
>>
>>12588831
And why would that be. This is a pretty stupid response.
>>
Obvs do post a lot and often on social and so on try to get attention from whatever influencers that suit whatever you do

Basically be fucking good at it succes will come
>>
What content do you offer?
>>
>>12588843
I recently got a camera and planned to start taking pictures of stuff etc. I'm hoping to build my ig up and hopefully have opportunities to do this.

>>12588850
I'll probably be looking towards fits, discussions but I also predominantly want to make clothing and just put out what I make out there. Honestly, don't care if I only have like 1 person who reads it but honestly an outlet to put out my ideas and creativity would be cool since it's something i can't do offline.

I don't have much now, but im fine to work towards producing interesting and fun content that I enjoy.
>>
How many times do you want to update this blog? I think you need to create a schedule/routine in your daily life. Else you may post irregularly and eventually not at all. Give viewers a date on which they can expect new content. Maybe practice weekly writing with a deadline before you make a blog?
Tumblr? Blogspot?
What have you made so far and what do you want to sew?
>>
>>12588825
If you're just using it as a kind of online photo album for yourself and don't expect or want a readership then sure, go for it.

If you're going into it wanting any kind of readership at all then the time has passed for fashion blogs.

Unless you can offer something very unique or be the absolute highest quality of a current form that people can actually use then you're not going to get anywhere.

And it's unlikely you'll hit either of those requirements simply because it's unlikely most people could hit either of those requirements, and if you had something down you'd have mentioned it in the thread.

Fashion bloggers peaked in the early part of this decade. These days the market is both saturated and dated. People aren't as interested in reading new fashion blogs because most of the ground has been tread already, and a lot of the established ones seem to only still be in it for the free shit.

If you'd asked this in 2009-2010 the answer would have been sure go for it. If you'd asked in 2014 you'd already be getting in on it a little too late to make it worth it.
By now you might as well be asking if you should make a live journal community.
>>
>>12589576
Interesting take. Thanks anon, I just wondered where I could take my ideas, thoughts and discussions to a wider environment.

So it's the age of Instagram I'm guessing right ?

Thanks for the Input I'll have to rethink it and see what I can do. I could probably do a photo album on the side just for myself and for fun
>>
>>12590970
Yeah Instagram and Snapchat seem to be the current ones but there's probably something emerging that I'm not even aware of at the moment so if you're able to find that you'd be set. But like I said that's only if you want a wide audience.
If you're doing it just for fun and for yourself go for whatever format you like best.
>>
Don't waste your time.

I follow a one-person online boutique for $X,XXX Japanese designer clothes.

She uses a tripod, self styles in $X,XXX++ fits in order to sell them.

Amazing unreal fits in some of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen, better than most high fashion modeling shots honestly.

She gets MAYBE 800 concurrent views.

This is for content that usually takes an entire crew of make-up artists, stylists, and photographers to create. High quality stuff.

In other words - unless you're offering the highest quality content, don't bother.
>>
I actually completely disagree with most of the opinions in this thread. OP, if you think you can offer some kind of style(s) that is underrepresented (not necessarily unique) then you could create a viewership. Obviously if you're just going to throw expensive things together, then someone is probably already doing it better than you ever will be able to, but I wouldn't be so pessimistic. At the very least, you won't have lost a ton of time by attempting it.
>>
>>12591348
>At the very least, you won't have lost a ton of time by attempting it.

If he wants a significant viewership he's gonna have to work really hard.

Just saying.

Even if you create top quality content you might get minimal viewership.

It may take 5-10 years to build up to 500 concurrent.
>>
>>12591348
Sure, 7 years ago.
>>
>>12590978
Gotcha, definetly something I wanna do for fun and to just have an outlet for my hobbies and interests within the realm of design and fashion.

Probably will look into using Instagram to get an audience one day if things seem good enough. Ty

>>12591312
Got a link? Sounds interesting af and yeah after reading many of the responses I can see it's not worth it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll build my base and foundation privately first by figuring our my own shit and then maybe someday seek a following or just an audience of some sort just for fun not seriousness.
>>
>>12591312
Link?
>>
http://the-rosenrot.com/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.