[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Ruth Bernhard.jpg (563KB, 1585x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ruth Bernhard.jpg
563KB, 1585x2000px
This thread, https://warosu.org/fa/thread/S12578720, got cut short and there was a topic I'd like to continue discussing. I hope the opinions are represented correctly.

1. Is fashion an art?
No, because
a. Fashion is primarily a commerce industry and art is not.
b. Fashion cannot exist outside culture whereas art can.

Yes, because it's materialized emotion. To be an artist is to be skilled in making emotion and ideology tangible.

2. What are titles of magazines and journals devoted to the business side of the fashion industry?
>>
Fashion is undoubtedly art. There is no excuse for denying that
>>
>>12581698
>That pic
HavingACat.jpg
>>
>>12581703
What's the argumentation for that and how does that compare with the reasons listed in the OP?
>>
Seems to me you are either an edgy kid or someone that has never even tried to get into humanities. You pulled those arguments from your ass.
To your second point, search for something like anthropology or sociology of fashion.
>>
>>12582354
Hell, those are not even arguments, they are just statements with no underlying basis. You could use some time in /lit/ and /his/
>>
>a. Fashion is primarily a commerce industry and art is not.
Uh, as an art major faggot I can confirm that art is definitely a commerce industry, it main function throughout history has been for practical, religious and financial use.
Even the modern art industry is just used for either commerce (graphic designs, game art, interior design) or as luxury items that the rich use to barter with.
I think you're glorifying an idealized image of what art is while shitting on a part of it (fashion) for being like the rest of it, it's a weird thing to see.
>>
OP here, those aren't my opinions. I took them from the other thread and I hoped the people from that thread would come here. 'Fashion can't exist outside of culture' is indeed just a statement and no reasoning was given in the previous thread. That's confusing.
I don't agree with 1a, I don't see how that's a discerning factor. You need to sell art, whether it's a cd, a book or a clothing item, to survive, although you can wonder into what kind of industry fashion has grown into.

A link:
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/CDfpz7vc/file.html
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.