[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the point of fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0386.jpg (1MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.jpg
1MB, 3088x2320px
>>
wearable art and self-expression
>>
>>12576778

An attempt to bridge the gap between the perception of oneself and how others perceive you - a manipulation of the immediately visiable to reflect that which isn't.

Or something that's arisen from people’s contradictory needs: the need for ownership of their independence, and the need to belong to something bigger than oneself (a clique or subculture or whatnot).

Or it's a meme idk
>>
It's a business
>>
>>12576778
not looking shit while dressing yourself in something that you enjoy.

also what >>12576824
said.
>>
It's how to make money off of vain people with disposable income
>>
I just like looking nice.
I'm not really into most /fa/ style "high fashion", I'm pretty normie when it comes to dressing, so it may be different for others, but /fa/ has helped my casual dressing improve and gave me some tips on things like glasses and places to buy jackets and stuff.
>>
>>12576778
A hobby, a way of presenting a part of yourself, a way to change every so often
>>
>>12576778
appeals to egotistical and vain people.
the more vain, and less traditional societies become, the more money can be made from fashion in those societies
>>
>>12576778

Consumption.

/thread
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.