[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/skin/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 50

Skincare General

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

(sorry for shit pic, didnt have anything else)
>>
Does anyone know of any good exfoliators that are commonly sold in drugstores?
>>
>>12568246
where do you live?
there are usually different kinds of salicylic acid, some AHA, benzoyl peroxide, some scrubs...
>>
File: 1498649916454.png (598KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498649916454.png
598KB, 808x805px
>KPRF will go away when you reach your mid 20s they said
>all these meme creams will work they said
>laser treatment will work they said
Why doesnt anything work
>>
>>12568242
I think my body is starting an epidemic of bacne. What are some early treatments?
>>
>>12568392
Also, how do I get rid of milia at home without injuring my most delicate skin? Pic isn't mine, but the location is the same.
>>
>>12568242
Anyone can recommend some good moisturizers for oily reddish skin.

Something nice that will keep the oil and redness off after I wash in the morning. Its really annoying especially on those sunny days I shine like hell.
>>
>>12568392
other anon but what is best to get rid of bacne?

Stridex isn't sold in the UK.
>>
I have no acne in face but a lot on neck, what the fug. I dont use any products. Please help!
>>
File: 1484096557460.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1484096557460.png
217KB, 680x680px
>people will touch their face in public, rubbing cheeks, fucking rolling around in dirt, rubbing peanut butter over their faces for youtube views etc.
>perfect skin

>meanwhile I have a 8 step routine and my skin is fucking shit
>>
>>12568398
I had milia around my eyes also. Some old, big ones I had removed at the doc's office. I was given retin-a script to get rid numerous small ones and to prevent more. It worked okay.

After I used up my prescription, I started using chemical exfoliaters and that really cleared them up. They have been so under control I am planning to switch a retinoid product and see if they stay away.

My derm also said I could go to an esthetician to have the rest removed, but at home I have used the lancets that diabetics used to pick out a few. This leaves a noticable scab, but it was actually better than the derm's office where I also got bruises.

Also use a loght touch when moisturizing the eyes unless the skin feels dry.
>>
>>12569976
What's your routine?
>>
What cleansers do you guys use? I think my face is too oily for Cetaphil.

Also, will stridex stop making my upper-cheeks red eventually or can I just not put it on that part of my face?
>>
how much does retin-a cost a month in the uk?
>>
>>12569976
This so much, when I see those fat asses eating all kinds of shit and their face skin is still pretty good meanwhile I'm over here drowning in water and trying to eat as clean as I can and still it ain't helping shit.

Shit isn't fair ffs.
>>
>>12569976
I miss touching my face :(
>>
>>12570973
Arent fatasses really supposes to have better skin? I've read some possibly pseudoscience about it can't remember where but I know I was researching about collagen back then
>>
>>12569881
Use products on your neck. I get sparse acne on my collarbones, and Salicylic Acid helps keep it minimal.
>>
how do u avoid razor burn? i always go against the grain, i have to, i fucking hate 5 o clock shadow look

i use gilette razor, sensitive skin shaving cream, after shave, and i still get them under my neck, so i always apply aspirin home made paste to get rid of it, but i hate having to get rid of it, how do i just avoid it ffs
>>
Stupid question, but do you need a doctor's prescription to buy Vitamin C supplements? I'm looking to take three 500 mg tablets per day breakfast-lunch-dinner.

I'd honestly also check out Japanese fish collagen powders and drinks, but they're too damn expensive!
>>
Does anyone know any good and cheap cleansing oil for double cleansing? The HG so far is Banila co's Clean It Zero, but a tub only lasts you a month. Also, anyone tried Egyptian Magic all purpose cream? Did it do anything at all to your skin or did it only leave you greasy?
>>
>>12569976
I was on /fit/ the other day and saw some thread about Boogie, who is pic related. He was eating a burger and was even showing the camera all of the grease dripping out and how tasty it looked. He took a bite and some got on his face. He used his dirty hand and started rubbing his face and cheek, which made me physically cringe. And then I realized that he still has better skin than me. Fuck genetics.
>>
I skimmed through the sticky and didn't seem to find anything related, but does anyone know how to fade atrophic acne scars? ie. those dents that are left behind and not simply just discolouration of the skin.
>>
crushed aspirin + water for blackheads. aspirin masks. y/n?
>>
>>12571807

No. No you don't. What kind of stupid ass question is that, all it takes is a stroll through a supermarket to see vitamin supplements are everywhere.
>>
File: 1488928672989.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488928672989.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>12571598
>so i always apply aspirin home made paste to get rid of it
>>
>>12569976
>>12571843
Thanks for taking one for the team boys. Without your crap genetics there would be nothing that would contrast my superior ones.
>>
File: tumblr_os54ueSSV21tki7xko1_500.jpg (43KB, 480x593px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os54ueSSV21tki7xko1_500.jpg
43KB, 480x593px
>>12572071
I'm pretty sure tuxbell said something about it. Go for it, tell me how it goes, anon
>>
well a year of stress has ravaged my skin with cystic acne. I'm going to investigate laser treatments as I feel like that's the only thing I haven't tried. At least for the scarring.

I've got some glycolic acid and vit c serum on their way in the mail. I wish my local chemist stocked these things
>>
File: hhhehehe iguana.jpg (68KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hhhehehe iguana.jpg
68KB, 480x270px
Hey people, how often am I supposed to use a black mask, and how much time does it usually take to show decent results?

Is twice a month enough or too much?

Also, would you suggest me to go for a full korean-style 10-step skincare routine or is it needlessly long?
>>
Has anyone tried The Ordinary's glycolic acid toning solution? What are its effects vs a straight-up AHA like their lactic acid?
>>
File: 14694910.jpg (19KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
14694910.jpg
19KB, 520x520px
I've been using pic related since Friday and so far I've had no new breakouts, but my nose still get oily as fuck. Now what?
>>
I figured I'd ask here, I use to bite my nails and I'm embarrased of showing my fingers because of that, so is there anything I can use for them to look better I'll try and stop biting them of course
>>
>>12573769
Do you mean the cleanser cleared up your skin where you were getting breakouts before? I'm considering using that cleanser as well.
>>
File: 1406916388614.gif (1015KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1406916388614.gif
1015KB, 500x278px
>>12572657
for korean 10-step routine, I think you only do the ones you think you really need ooor if you have the money then there's really nothing stopping you, isn't there? It's a fuckton of damn research and time tho, but so far what I hear is consistently good (or are HG material) from a ton of people are:
1. Makeup remover -> Garnier Micellar water
2. Oil-based cleanser -> Banila Co. Clean It Zero
3. Foam cleanser -> Cerave facial foam wash
4. Toner -> Missha something
5. Serum -> ???
6. Essence/Ampoule -> ??? Hearing tons of praise for Laneige line tho
7. Eye cream -> tons of praise for Mizon's snail, but this is also one of the cheapest there is so there are better ones out there
8. Sheet mask -> A ton of brands are good, but Dr. Jart is always on the top lists. Take note, they say "1 sheet mask a day" so you probably need something incredibly cheap
9. Lotion/moisturizer -> Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic lotion seems to be the HG
10. Sleeping cream or SPF depending on peeople -> ??? Also keep hearing about Laneige on this part, but they also say that some Laneige is especially formulated for Korean weather/temperature/etc so it sucks for people whose environment is different from korea. For SPF, people argue that when you sleep, you should just pamper yourself and don't put SPF because nighttime is regeneration time, but I hear good stuff about Shiseido Anessa. They also have mild version, but i really don't know about using SPF when sleeping

I think I fucked up the sequence, but whatever. I honestly do not follow this although I did kinda base my current routine on their 10 step routine with a few alterations. I don't know where EXACTLY I went right, but my nose which was previously haunted by a fuckton of blackheads is now cleared. I'm thankful because there's no BHA/AHA products from the boondocks where I live. No CosRX (another HG they say), no Stridex, no whatever.
>>
Im not into skincare cause i dont see anything wrong with my skin. But im afraid that eventually it will be bad. But im also scared to put products on my face.

Is is better to just leave my skin alone or at least do something about it?
>>
I keep getting whiteheads on my chin area. Rarely my forehead, but not so much. Cheeks are always clear. But my chin will break out in one or two, it'll go away after a day or two, then I'll get another one almost immediately. Is this hormonal?
>>
Shaving cream recommendations?
>>
>>12573769
Use a moisturizer.
>>
Does anyone have a good way of helping eliminate dead skin along the bridge and sides of the nose?

I'm having problems with dead skin on top of blackheads on my nose, I've tried everything I could think of from blackhead facial scrub to turning my shower water to a colder setting.
>>
File: 20170703_011137.jpg (723KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_011137.jpg
723KB, 3264x1836px
can someone help me, I have these red marks near my nose and chin for a month now, nobody knows what they, going to visit doc next week
>>
>>12575777
accutane.
>>
>>12575722
Price range?
I love aqua di parma's shaving cream!
Stay away from shit from a can.. Do you lather with a brush?
>>
>>12575804
i was on accutane a year ago, u think it will work?
really dont want to go through all the dry skin again
>>
>>12569976
It's your diet, dummy. Cut out simple carbs first, if that doesn't work, cut out dairy. Eat your fucking veggies.
>>
>>12568242
eye gel mask from MenScience - reduce puffy eyes
GEL Nettoyant Gommant Exfoliator - Sissely
Purifying Face Cleanser - Tom Ford
Lush Coal Face and Clinique's charcoal mask (Same thing really)
La Mer matte lotion (Pricey but worth it)
La Mer Gel Cream
Day - Lotus Face Treatment Oil and Night - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil (Both tighten skin and make that shit look sexy) by Clarins
MARIO BEDESCU LIP WAX
Tom Ford facial Bronzer
Tom ford eye fatigue cream
Kiehls Age Defender Eye Repair
Almond shower scrub from L’Occitane
Almond Shower Oil L'Occitane
Shaving cream by Aqua di parma
No. 88 Aftershave by czech & speak

Might be forgetting stuff, this is the regiment.
>>
>>12575817
How far along were you in your treatment? Have you meant the limit of pills you can take?
>>
>>12575830
>>12575817
*Met
>>
>>12575830
>>12575833
i was on accutane for about 3 months, 1 month and a half on 20mg on the morning and 10mg at night, 1 month on 10mg on morning and night and then half a month on 10mg at night. stopped taking it because I have cystic acne and accutane doesnt work, but I got rid of a lot of acne on my face

dont know if I have a limit didnt felt anything different, just the face real fucking dry after every shower
>>
>>12575827
Oh shit I forgot the SPF protection, I use the majority of Hampton Sons products like - The SPF15 Gel, SPF35 Mist Sunscreen as well as hydrating aloe mist. Perfect for the summer weather!
>>
>>12575844
Well at least a lot of the facial acne got taken care of, id visit your dermatologist see what you can do! And DO NOT fuck around with stupid creams and shit.
>>
>>12575852
yeah already got an appointment next week, fucking hope he knows what to do because this shit is making me really unconfortable every time I got out
>>
>>12575723
I thought I was oily all over, turns out I only get oily on my T-zone. What moisturizer do you recommend?

>>12574359
Beware, it's not gentle at all.
>>
>>12574684
At least use sunscreen.
>>
File: LWZmvhG.jpg (116KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
LWZmvhG.jpg
116KB, 1280x960px
what do you guys do for eczema? been fighting it since i was a kid, and it's in a pretty bad spot for me, usually around my upper lip/between my brow and sometimes that little bit where the nose connects to your face.

it often burns to put masks on it and can get really hot and irritated which makes me pick and make it worse

pic related is what i usually eat on a regular night, wash my hair maybe once every 2-3 days depending on circumstance, no soda, just coffee/water
>>
>>12568242
I'm getting shitloads of wrinkles because my skin isn't suite for this dry as fuck weather of this country. What should I do? I look like a 90 year old I shit you not.

I'm in Europe btw.
>>
>>12568242
I'm getting on Isotretinoin or something like that soon. I suppose I should not longer use benzoyl peroxide, right?
>>
was out in sun for one day (in a country where a few days a year of sun is normal) and all my acne is gone... WHAT happened here?
>>
where can I buy good skincare products in Sweden/Norway?
>>
>>12576623
Sun gives you D Vitamin. You probably had none at all. Make sure you wear sunscreen next time there is a sunny day, sun can cause acne and wrinkles as well. Get your D Vitamin from food.
>>
>>12576623
Mine acne did that too, but I had to get enough sun to get like a tan...

I read that people whose acne goes away from sun are good candidates for acne light therapy masks.
>>
>>12576660
link for a functioning one? sounds like a meme to me
>>
>>12570165
>my face is too oily for Cetaphil
what do you mean? how does your face feel after you wash?
I have oily and acne prone skin and used nip+fab cleanser once in the evening, l need something to replace it because I ran out of it like a month ago

you could just skip swiping your cheeks or cut down on the use
personally I stopped using stridex because that shit was too harsh for my skin and didnt really see any improvements after three months of use

>>12574019
file them and get rid of cuticle

>>12575019
are you a girl? then yes
if not, idk
>>
>>12576626
https://www.reddit.com/r/NordicSkinCare/comments/34f24n/the_ultimate_list_of_swedish_skincare/
>>
>>12576614
yeah, you should really not use BP and Accutane at the same time. You also don't need to use BP once you're on Accutane.
>>
>>12571932
as far as i understand, daily BHA (salyic acid) (stidex pads) chemical exfoliation + monthly Glycolic Peel is best. can anyone else help answer?

>>12574019
just wait for them to grow i guess.

rate my routine:
AM
cerve foaming facial cleaner
stridex pad (left on for 10 minutes)
cerve moisturizing lotion

PM
cerve foaming facial cleaner
cerve moisturizing lotion

+ monthly Glycolic Peel 20%
(haven't started routine yet)
>>
How do I get rid of fucking acne on my head (short hair)??
Ruins my desired hygienic appearance
>>
File: images(51).jpg (20KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
images(51).jpg
20KB, 554x554px
>>12569104
Werks for me
>>
>>12576750
You might have Folliculitis
>>
File: images(53).jpg (25KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
images(53).jpg
25KB, 500x450px
>>12569976
Have you tried taking Mega B Vitamins, fish oil, or pic related. You could possibly have a deficiency in something. You could get accurate results if you get a blood test
>>
File: images(49).jpg (17KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
images(49).jpg
17KB, 554x554px
Just a friendly reminder not to buy any oil-free Neutrogena moisturiser. Especially any in the form of pic related.
I changed my facial cleanser and toner 3 times. Just to realise it was the moisturiser.
It make 2 friends break out all the time. One of them won't change though cause she's got like a years supply left of it
>>
>>12576748
>left on for 10 minuets
How does this not cause you irritation, or worse, more acne
>>
>>12576805
because immediately following is the moisturizer. how long would you suggest? (assuming that you use the same chemical exfoliation otherwise please ignore my question)
>>
>>12576810
Yeah I use stridex maximum. I wipe my whole face takes like 10 seconds. Then I either dab it off with a clean dry pad or towel or let it dry. 10minuets is not necessary
>>
>>12576825
oh ok thanks
>>
>>12576794
Will check it out, thanks la.
>>
>>12569104
I disagree with >>12576794, I find regular Cetaphil lotion to be VERY greasy. I believe Cetaphil makes some lighter moisturizers, but I haven't tried them.
Cerave has some great moisturizers for a pretty low price.
>>
My Vitamin C Serum arrived in the mail today. When's the best time to apply it?
>before applying benzoyl peroxide
>after applying benzoyl peroxide but before moisturising
>after moisturising
?
>>
>>12568246
I highly recommend using a conjac sponge twice a day to exfoliate. I didn't expect it at all but this thing saved my skin.
>>
>>12576986
i'm not sure about the benzoyl peroxide but you should definitely apply it before moisturising.
>>
>>12576887
Jangan aneh sini
>>
>>12576979
Thanks for the warning, will check Cerave as well.
>>
should i just drop the ~1500 for microneedling for post accutane redness and scarring or are creams and topicals actually decent enough?
>>
>>12577043
fuck did you say lil nig?
>>
>>12576979
My skins very oily and it werks. Used quite a few different ones and that was the best
>>
>>12576979
Though applying it feels greasy and shitty. You gotta put a really small amount on. If you put too much on your fave will be like a deep frier full of oil. You aren't supposed to press the pump all the way down.
>>
>>12577873
Will take this into consideration as well, thanks.
>>
>>12576670
The neutrogena one is supposed to be fine. You can apparently do some soldering and make it last a long time
>>
File: SDX-09701-3.jpg (449KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SDX-09701-3.jpg
449KB, 1600x1600px
>>12568242
is it bad to use sunscreen or moisturizer after using stridex pads on ur face?
>>
>>12577827
Whoops, just testing to see if you're an Indonesian, since you ended your post with la.

BTW it means 'good luck with that'
>>
File: IMG.jpg (255KB, 367x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
255KB, 367x428px
My nose is already ugly as it is but the blackheads are fucking terrible, I have hundreds of them and I can't get rid of it...

Cleaning my face every day with a mild face cleanser, exfoliating every 2 weeks, using Stridex every days, what can I do? Benzoyle peroxyde solved most of my skin problems but not this, and that's the only thing I see on my face now...
>>
>>12578363
no, it's ideal. stridex won't necessarily make sun exposure worse for you but you should always use sunscreen.

you should always allow 15-20m before applying anything after stridex though.
>>
does quit smoking really improve the skin or is it a meme
mostly need motivation to stop smoking
>>
>>12579156
My apologies then friend, la is a British slang.

Also I googled what you said and it put out some facial masks thought you were recommending them lol.

>>12579165
I doubt those are blackheads, they look more like normal sebaceous filaments
>>
>>12579201
There is no defentive recipe on what kind of skincare routine works for everyone.

Try it out for a while if you doubt it.
>>
>>12579224
>I doubt those are blackheads, they look more like normal sebaceous filaments

Any idea of treatment for those?
>>
Is green stridex (sensitive) as good as the red? Everyone recommends the red kind.

I also have a tube of prescription differin but I'm a little scared to use it.
>>
>>12579287
i read that you use a BHA and then 3 minutes after that use a clay mask thing, after it does its thing and drys you rise it off with water and use an oil based cleanser to then clean your face. i think they are supposed to all pop out or something after that. can anyone else respond?

>>12579183
hey this guy >>12576805 >>12576825 tells me that i shouldn't wait and that its actually bad. i was able to use a stridex pad finally yesterday and again today and it seems that after exactly 3 minutes it dries fully for me. you advocate for much longer and the other guy says not to wait at all

what are the best products for whitening?

;_;
>>
File: Toner-10.jpg (26KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
Toner-10.jpg
26KB, 675x450px
I have a really stupid question about toner/astringent.

After applying toner/astringent using a cotton ball, should I apply moisturiser/sunscreen directly or should I wipe my face before applying moisturiser?

Skin seems slightly moist after applying toner.
>>
>>12579531
Neither, give the toner a couple of minutes to dry. If it doesn't dry in a few minutes, you're putting too much on.
>>
File: Johan.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Johan.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
I've spent way too long buying products and trying different routines just to have my face bounce back and forth between fine and an oily mess. I feel like I've been over-applying products.

Has anyone had success with a very simple routine of shower cleanser and the a moisturizer? I'm talking about the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and Cerave Moisturizing Lotion. These are the only products I've used consistently for the last 5 years and the ones I trust not to fuck me up.

Thanks guys.
>>
whenever i shave i always get razor bumps in my mustache area. idk what to do or whats causing it. i always shower after a hot shower and use alot of cream. ive always had a problem with this. i exfoliate every other day and wash my face daily.
>>
>>12579489
Nah mate he said wait 10minuets after applying it. Not leave it in your face for 10 minuets. I don't know why he says don't apply anything for 10minuets. My face would be like a burned apple turn over
>>
>>12579481
Have you tried the red one? If it makes you face tingle or irritated then you probably wanna for for blue or green
>>
>>12580152
What razor are you using and his long have you been using it for.
>>
>>12580083
Use a shower cleanser like cetaphil or cerave and then a moisturiser after the shower. Then at night use a facial cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
Have you been using the same moisturiser the whole time?
>>
>>12580429

im using a gillette fusion proshield and this particular cartridge i've used for 2 or 3 shaves only.
>>
>>12580433
Yep, I've never used anything other than Cerave's hydrating moisturizer for like the last 5 years.

What toner do you recommend? Would witch hazel work or should I look for something specific for acne/PiH?
>>
>>12576623
Dried out.
>>
>>12579165
Visit a beautician.
>>
>>12580152
EXFOLIATE EVERYDAY ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY? You are killing your skin! What retard told you to do that? Thats why you have irritation, your skin has become sensitive as fuck. If you like in a dry climate twice a week, normal weather once, maybe twice depending on the sensitivity of your skin. Cleans your face don't exfoliate everyday.

Moisturize day and night before sleep. More foam doesn't mean cleaner shave. Shave after a hot shower. Start using cream instead of gel and NO ALCOHOL PRODUCTS ON YOUR FACE!
>>12575827 All the stuff I use.
>>
>>12580655
*Live *Cleanse *sleeping
>>
>>12580530
>>12580429
>>12580152
More blades mean more friction, and friction irritates the skin. Simple, 3 blades even better straight razor.
>>
File: images(57).jpg (19KB, 671x457px) Image search: [Google]
images(57).jpg
19KB, 671x457px
>>12580623
Wew lad. It might be the moisturiser then. I had been using Neutrogena moisturiser for about a year. Never thought to change that and my skin cleared up pretty quickly. Witch hazel may dry it out too much. Try apple cider. Or instead of the toner wipe your face with a stridex pad after cleansing. Then moisturise. But don't use the stridex pad in the morning.

>>12580530
Dont use that razor. Get one of these. Though when I started I'd always try get hairs in the crease of my nose and I'd turn the razor on an angle and cut myself.
When I did start using this. I was able to shave my pubes without getting a cut and ant bumps and it'd be as smooth as day.
Problem with people buying these and never going back to them is they shave at the same speed as a cartridge razor and never wash it. What you have to do is one swipe, flip it, another swipe and wash with water and there will be no hair on it, as it washes off so easily.

I bought a balil safety razor from China and its saved my life.
>>
does anyone here have experience with Tretinoin?
what was your concentration and how long did it take you to see results?
>>
URGENT
I ran out of my face wash in a very inconvenient time and I can't get another one right now would it be ok to use regular hand soap on my face instead? Maybe body shampoo?
Help me /fa/
>>
this is what I cover my face once a day, is it a good routine?

>>12581615
I don't know shit but I wouldn't do it
>>
File: 51091160.jpg (70KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51091160.jpg
70KB, 1200x1200px
Red pill me on this stuff guys
>>
File: IMG_20170705_184420.jpg (248KB, 1917x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_184420.jpg
248KB, 1917x911px
What are some effay way to protect my skin? I've been working a new job that requires me to be outside in 90+ degree weather all day and after three weeks my arms have gone for sightly tan to brown. I've winged it because it didn't think it was going to be a big deal but now I'm worried about getting skin cancer.
>>
>>12582641
You should be worried about turning into an Arab.
Rip at white arms
>>
>>12582731
>You should be worried about turning into an Arab.
Funny story about that, I worked a greenhouse job, my arms/face/everywhere not protected by a t-shirt are as brown as >>12582641, and some dog in a car thought I was a chink that was going to eat him or something since I wasn't white anymore and literally started peeing in the customer's car, while sitting up and angling away from me as much as he possibly could.
Saged 'cause off topic to start of thread
>>
>>12582641
reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours at work is gonna be expensive and annoying. get UV sleeves, they aren't too hot and will protect you.
>>
>>12582507
I'm also curious about this
Does alcohol free witch hazel also work as a disinfectant (for popped zits etc)?
>>
>>12582752
What. That made no sense what so ever
>>
I been getting horrible acne breakout since summer hit. I been only using a cleanser and moisturizer so I guess it's time to incorporate an acne treatment. Do you guys recommend I start with a AHA/BHA routine or Benzoyl Peroxide?
>>
>>12581615
just use water and apply moisturizer afterwards as normal

i started my routine 2 days ago and there is a very noticeable improvement in my complexion. i use cerve facial cleaner, cerve lotion + stridex pad. this is all once a day. only cons are that my face is now a bit shiny and a shade redder. i'm hoping that the redness will subside with time after my face gets used to the BHA. shininess could probably be shoved with a quick rinse of water for my face and then reapplying moisturizer but i'll wait and see if i adapt to the lotion first and it may be less of a concern
>>
>>12581615
NO NO! No hand soap for your face, better of using water. If you cant get anything else try apple cider vinegar!
>>
>>12582641
Sun screen. Thats all there is.
>>
>>12583566
Oh yeah and sleeves.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (26KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
26KB, 600x500px
Sup lads can I get some opinion on pic related moisturizer. I got it recommended from my female cousin since I got some oil appearing on my forehead, nose and cheeks only, rest of my face is normal skin.

If anyone used it, I would like to hear your stories of it.
>>
>>12581248
Try Differin instead
It has the same effects without wrecking your skin as much
>>
>>12575777
you have HIV
>>
>>12575827
Thought this was an American psycho meme for a second
>>
all this sun here in the uk really has done one to my skin. redness of face starting to fade more into pink-y colour then bam, red raw if im under the sun for more than a minute.
should i really have to wear sun cream every time i go out? already hate the smeary feel of moisturiser + sweat.
>>
>>12584120
I know the book mentions specific products, so I checked because why the hell not
>Plax antiplaque, Rembrandt toothpaste, Listerine
>Unnamed deep pore cleanser lotion and herb-mind facial mask
>Probright and Interplak tooth polishers, then Cepacol
>Unnamed spearmint face scrub
>(in shower) unnamed water-activated gel cleanser, honey almond body scrub, exfoliating gel scrub
>Vidal Sassoon shampoo and conditioner
>Greune natural revitalizing shampoo, conditioner, nutrient complex
>Mousse A Raiser shaving cream and Clinique moisturizer (before shaving)
>Unnamed aftershave w/ little or no alcohol, alcohol free antibacterial toner
>Unnamed emmolient lotion
>Gel Appaisant, Balme Des Yeux eye balm
>Unnamed final moisturizing protective lotion, scalp-programming lotion
>>
>>12584212
Impressive.
Very nice.
>>
>>12575777
Perioral dermatitis
>>
>>12582731
kek I'm a Spic. If anything I'll look even more like a Spic.

>>12582759
>>12583566
Alright. Thanks for the heads up lads. I'll probably invest in a good wide brimmed straw hat as well.
>>
File: IMG_20170707_222920.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170707_222920.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
What are all these black spot things called? And how do I get rid of them? I already have cleanser > toner > moisturiser and everything.
I've just always had these. My whole face is covered in them. Not really a bother my ski would just be a lot more smoother without them.
>>
>>12585780
Probably sebaceous filaments
Oil cleansing and BHAs can reduce their appearance
>>
File: _20170707_223849.jpg (233KB, 1440x2220px) Image search: [Google]
_20170707_223849.jpg
233KB, 1440x2220px
>>12585789
>reduce
I want to REMOVE
>>
>>12585792
those are scars dummy
>>
>>12574359
I disagree with the other anon. I think the CeraVe foaming cleanser is super gentle. I thought it was perfect for me, personally, but it's a bit more expensive than Cetaphil. I'd recommend Cetaphil if you want something even more gentle than CeraVe, I suppose. They're both very good products.
>>
>>12583563
Yes, this. Put LITERAL ACID on your face. Good.

But seriously, just use lukewarm water and you'll be fine.
>>
File: sketch-1499432646001.png (2MB, 1440x2220px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1499432646001.png
2MB, 1440x2220px
>>12585797
Then why do little strings of pus come out of them
>>
>>12585836
because acne scars are basically small holes, dirt and oil can clog them, Idk what else to do besides cleanse and tone, it will go away when the scars heal, best thing for that is aloe vera, moisturiser and time
>>
>getting old
>skin on my hands and face getting criss cross lines
>wrinkles popping up everywhere
>skin looks rough

what should I be doing? can I reverse the wrinkles?
>>
>>12586290
a retinoid such as tretinoin, vitamin c serum, and wearing sunscreen every single time your skin is gonna be exposed to the sun can help reverse skin aging.
>>
what do you guys use to apply your toner?
>>
>>12586776
should i be using toner? my routine is cleanse, moisturize, and wear sunscreen during daytime. i have hormonal acne but i havent treated it yet since i want to get into the habit of using sunscreen daily before using any topicals that photosensitize skin
>>
>>12586776
A cotton swab.
>>
>>12586776
My hands
>>
File: eeqwe - Copy.jpg (4MB, 7439x2145px) Image search: [Google]
eeqwe - Copy.jpg
4MB, 7439x2145px
Looks like my acne/scars on cheeks ain't gonna be getting much better

I'm using clean & clear cleanser/toner/dual action moisturizer and applying musk rose oil on top after a bit (was told it's really good for scarring)

Any advice on what different products I should maybe try or tips?
Also can somebody tell my skin type from the picture I could never really pinpoint it, it's not as oily anymore as it was when I was a teenager (had horrendous acne then) although it looks oily but feels kinda dry?

Sorry for disgusting pics, time span is like 13 days, I'm 22
>>
>>12585998
it's not wise to pop them yes?
>>
>>12568331
i know how you feel
>>
I'm trying to get rid of my acne. How long should I test each new product before judging whether it works or not? The internet says it takes a month for skin turnover to happen, is that a good testing period?
Currently testing this cleanser >>12573769

Combination skin, acne only on dry areas (beard).
>>
>>12568242
So does coffee give any of y'all acne? Like something about its acidity or something? Because I always make sure to be very well hydrated especially when I have coffee. Noticed I'm breaking out for first time in quite a while same time I started drinking coffee regularly again after not having it for a long while.
>>
>>12587559
No, just cleanse regularly. It will take a while, but they WILL heal on their own. If they actually don't, then either change your routine or see a dermatologist.
>>
Is there a good way to deal with lines going across my forehead? They make me look twenty years older than I actually am.
>>
>>12590936
Staying hydrated, keeping your skin hydrated, relaxing your face muscles ... but there's really not much you can do about them
>>
>haven't had pimples in years

>start dreaming about high school years ago

>suddenly having pimples

what the fuck is happening?
>>
>>12586776
cotton pads that you get in bulk, it's less messy and does the job
>>
>>12591414
Probs stress. Were you bullied?
>>
I currently use philosophy cleanser/exfoliant/moisturizer all of which I think are working well.
I have oily skin and still get acne here and there.
Tuxbell mentions astringents while and faq doesn't, do I need to use this and if so could someone recommend a good one?
Also the faq mentions aha/bha toners do I need to use this on top of a cleanser?
>>
>>12584140
Yes you should. There are non greasy sunscreens in the market, look into japanese and korean ones. But one you can get in the UK that dries quite quickly is the body shop skin defence multi protection essence SPF50. Fair warning it does have a high alcohol content which enables it to dry quickly, just remember to moisturise before applying it on your face.
>>
How should I go about getting rid of a tan?
>>
Will using a moisturizer + 50 spf sunscreen give me a more even complexion? What chemicals should i stay clear of?
>>
>>12593405
stop going outside
>>
>>12571809
the clinique take the day off cleanser is a little pricey but it will last a really long time and it's leagues better than the banila co one for breaking down makeup
>>
Anyone tried Skinfood's black sugar wash off mask? How was it?

I've avoided physical exfoliation for a long time due to hearing really bad rep for physical exfoliation products like St. Ives, but even with constant moisturizing, my face is still flakey. It's like there's still dead skin clinging to my face. Also it's weird that Skinfood which is also physical exfoliation gets all the 5 stars while Ives get 1s.
>>
>>12592284
I hear bad things about astringents. Like "why do they still exist in the year 2001+16?"
>>
>>12586776
2 layers
1 cotton
1 patting
>>
>>12582507
Some say it really helps with pores, some say there's really no solid studies behind this, some also say they're actually bad because "constricting" something something
>>
>>12568242
Currently using a 20ish% lactic acid lotion on body every other day
Using black soap and starting next week after a two day break using a Korean Italy Towel for max exfoliation

Face I'm doing retin-a .01% and using a 4% hydroquinone cream to combat unevenness

Probs will do monthly glycolic Acid peel on face and body to get real sheets of skin off rather than that fine "dusting"
>>
I've got really bad clogged pores on my legs from a botched hair removal job. I squeezed one once and a small plug of dirt/bacteria came out along with an ingrown hair. They don't really hurt, it's just that my hair follicles are inflamed it looks like its as a result of whats underneath the surface. I've tried moisturizing, chemical exfoliators, manual exfoliation (scrubs, dry brushing), nothing has worked.

Thinking of doing a black mask thing I keep seeing around, and using it on my legs. But I think that's going to be another thing that won't help.
>>
Lads ive got way too tanned and have a date in two weeks or so
What are some tricks to get rid of it at least a little?
>>
I'm an idiot who couldn't stop picking at his acne during puberty so my forehead and temples are covered in scars.

Can I fix this with a dermaroller or am I fucked?
>>
>>12596966
T R E T I N O I N
>>
anybody who uses/used skinoren/metronidazol, I've got those 2, are they effective against acne scarring?
>>
oh joy an avenue for me to be autistic

rate my routine please

morning
>Vichy thermal 3-in-1 micellar water
>Thayers witch hazel (I put it in a spray bottle and spray it onto my face)
>C&C dual action moisturizer
>smith's rosebud salve on lips
>Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 60
>makeup etc. (minimal)

immediately after getting home
>wipe off all makeup with micellar water
>spray with witch hazel
>c&c moisturizer
>smith's rosebud salve on lips and any spots

before bed
>CeraVe hydrating
>wipe w/ witch hazel on a cotton round
>CosRX BHA
>CosRX AHA
>The Ordinary niacinamide/zinc serum
>tea tree oil on any spots
>The Face Shop rice ceramide emulsion
>Vaseline lip therapy on lips and around eyes
>>
>>12598027
forgot to add, skinoren should be applied after cleansing and before moisteruzing right?
>>
>>12596645
Ayayayay

I got the same thing on my knees. They are wrapped tighter and deeper inside there and the skin is MUCH thicker there. Do not see it like clogged face pores that you can just get done by chemical exfoliation. I personally had to use a very clean acne extractor to get those off right after baths when the skin is very soft
>>
>>12598058
Sorry for the useless reply, but
>putting toner in a spray bottle
Hey! That's actually a neat idea! I also got another nice thing from a friend, putting 99% aloe vera moisturizing lotion inside the refridgerator especially during summer
>>
>>12598703
Yeah. I'm thinking manual extraction is the only option left, but I'm afraid of scarring. What tool do you use?
>>
>>12598712
An acne extractor. The same stainless metal stick you'll see in Google. Also the same thing derma people use when they extract blackheads from people's faces. Do not use too much force OK and do it when the skin is at softest (like after baths). It didnt leave scars on me, but I also made sure everything is clean - the extractor, the recently freed pores, etc. Do not force the others that are very deep. I only targeted the ones that were already "budding"/blocked by thin skin/very close to getting out. The rest, I had to wait and be patient until I can extract them easier just to be sure. Now I have none
>>
File: $_3.jpg (25KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
25KB, 800x450px
Whats a /skincare/ approved black soap?
>>
Can anyone r8 my skincare routine?
>wash face with warm water
>wash with cetaphil (should i switch with cerave?)
>put 0.1% tretinoin cream on spots
>wait
>put rosehip and argan oil on face

That's usually it. I am also taking 100mg minocycline
>>
Motherfucker.

I'm the same guy that posted this >>12573769 and after two weeks of using, my face became even worse. I thought it was just my skin adjusting to the new product, but I've been getting pimples where I didn't used to have.

I guess CeraVe is not for everyone.
>>
azelaic acid on top of moisturizer or bellow?
>>
>>12575827
post skin
>>
>>12599725
this is all i use, couldn't recommend it more, cleared up my skin nicely
>>
File: IMG_20170712_215501825.jpg (258KB, 1169x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_215501825.jpg
258KB, 1169x595px
>>12568242
I drink a lot of water and get good sleep but my work causes me to use computer a lot.
What can i do to fix my face? My under eyes are fucked and i get swelling around my nose/sinus area. My nasal passage is clear and i don't have allergies.
I'm going to try and limit my phone/ computer usage, but what else can i do?
>>
File: CLnMclcUEAEcvAM.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CLnMclcUEAEcvAM.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
Been using ProActiv+ for over two months now (I can afford it and thought that the higher price = higher effectiveness)

I realise that I was could be wrong about that now. Yes my scarring has cleared up slightly but I still get breakouts on my chin nearly everyday but I just really really want all of it to go away before I start Uni in September.

Currently I use the 3 step program one (exfoliator > cream > moisturiser) and leave 6-7 minutes between the application of each to keep irritation to a minimum and ensure it dries properly. I don't use any pads or anything, just my clean hands and warm tap water.

I drink between 2500-3000ml of water a day and try not to touch my face. Currently on a bulking diet so I can't cut dairy that much desu.

Is my technique fucking me over or should I cancel my subscription and consider something else (please give suggestions) ?
>>
>>12601906
>he fell for the "as seen on TV" meme
>>
>>12601812
Bump
>>
>>12601812
Create a routine, look at Tuxbell for what you can use. And remember that this takes time.
>>
>>12603532
What routine? Tuxbell has nothing for under-eyes. I apply Cetaphil face lotion daily. Should i use kojitin/retinol/collagen serum or something else for under eyes?
>>
Retin-A is a godsend and the greatest inclusion to my daily exfoliation regime. My skin is evening out from years of tanning in booths and outdoors to be as black as possible (unevenly and I never could get past mahogany).

But with Physical exfoliating for a few months, a prior Lactic acid lotion at 20% and daily retin-a that got some serious peeling after only a week I'm getting a smooth, soft and even complexion.

I've never had serious acne and apparently that can be a side effect but yeah give it a try to those with razor bumps or uneven skin.

Wear a sunblock too, zinc oxide only for real sun protection.

Thinking about a Jessner peel too.
>>
>>12601812
What eye creams have you tried?
Cerave is a good brand, their eye cream claims to help with both dark circles and puffiness.
>>
>>12604320
Dermalogica ultra smoothing under eyes, kojitin cream, retinol-a and regular sun screen.
>>
How do i get my face to look alive? My skin is fair but it's extremely dull. I exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water, and have a low body fat percentage.
>>
File: IMG_20170714_031513.jpg (2MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_031513.jpg
2MB, 2610x4640px
This thing takes out annoying clear/yellow filaments, but not my dotted black heads.

What to do?
>>
Hi /fa/ how is your fucked up genetics,allergies, vitamin deficiencies and hormones coming along?oh you think you can fix it with face creams and external crap,no hope for you then.
>>
File: frozen.jpg (88KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
frozen.jpg
88KB, 610x406px
thread almost dead so i guess i'll be asking about this another time too.

Anyway i work in a warehouse. I've recently been offered a very luctrative promotion in our Frozen section, which will basically bring me from "shit teenagers do while they study" too a real well - payed job.

Only problem is that i have to spend about 4 hours (in total i'll be moving in and out) in the freezer which is -22C / -7.5F. What kind of damage am i looking at here?
>>
>>12603561
Arent collagen molecules too big to actually penetrate into deeper skin levels? I keep hearing topical collagen products are actually a scam unless they have secondary ingredients also good for other things. Also on the same scam(???) category is .5 BHA AHA products, I hear. Like, the only time they really get things done is when they're actually 2.0 . Take this with a grain of salt tho
>>
>>12600019
if your skin feels good then id say this is a good routine, but the cetaphil's cleanser has sls and has a really high ph. if you feel dry maybe try cerave's hydrating cleanser
>>12596966
if your scars are just dark spots (no indents) that's hyperpigmentation which can be dealt w by just wearing sunscreen daily and maybe using chemical exfoiliants. if you've got dents and you wanna dermaroll have a derm to do it for you if you can, even if a professional does it for you there's a chance you could end up with marks and bumps on your face permanently so doing it yourself is a risk.
>>12585780
extract the current ones and then prevent them from coming back. like the other guy said, oil cleansing and using an aha/bha is what most people use and it helps a lot. avoid touching your face, anything that you know clogs your pores just avoid.
>>12582507
there's more water, aloe, glycerin and FRAGRANCE than actual witch hazel. if it helps your skin then great, but it's probably not the witch hazel. if you want witch hazel use TN Dickinson's or something
>>
>>12605538
Not the anon, but isnt water's PH level 7? I was always on the assumption that cetaphil's PH level is fine at 6.5-6.7 since water is neutral. What PH number should I really look for?
>>
>>12605538
Im so confused about Dickinson. What about its drying effects? I have the original unused
>>
>>12568242
Slowest thread ever. Anyway, I've used Retin A every night for the last two months and haven't noticed any changed in my skin so far. How long does this take to work? I usually apply it to my face after using a cleanser for oily skin.
>>
File: 1484881928917.jpg (28KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1484881928917.jpg
28KB, 411x411px
Anyone have any advice for someone who works in a dirty enviorment. I could be in an office for a week and the next week on a construction site. I start sweating in the morning immediatly, so I dont know if this is effecting the entire routine I do every morning right off that bat.

Any comments? Also, should I wait for toner to dry before I apply moisturizer or not?

Thanks
>>
>>12568242
Cutting out dairy seemed to help me a ton
>>
>>12582507
wayyyy too much fragrance. i tried this shit and it gave me a headache and runny nose it was so fucking potent
>>
File: 15-7-17.png (773KB, 2311x720px) Image search: [Google]
15-7-17.png
773KB, 2311x720px
Rate my /skin/care regime, only dealing with scarring ATM which is fading fast ayy - used to suffer with cystic acne and inflamed whiteheads all over
>>
>>12605275
The main issue with cold air is its low moisture level. Water evaporates more easily from the skin, and dries it out. Enhanced trans-epidermal water loss and cold air (-> less superficial blood-flow) fucks up skin barrier functions.

The possible damage includes the typical symptoms of dry skin like redness, pain, tightness, cracking, and scaling.

This is combated using ordinary moisturizers. Consider trying lighter moisturizers for face/hands first, and then progressing to thick fatty acid mixtures (like shea, for example) or even solid paraffin (melts on the skin). You'll probably be provided with semi-insulating working gloves for the frozen section. Use them.

If you don't want to use really thick moisturizers in the daytime (because of the shine), just go with lighter ones when working and then use high-caliber stuff at night. You should consider not washing your face in the morning, as this strips your skin of protective natural oils and skin residues.
>>
>>12605746
Not him but your skin's acid mantle has a pH of about 5.0-5.5. Water rinsing is OK because it doesn't penetrate your skin's acid mantle, but cleansing with any product with a higher than 6.0 pH is likely to fuck with your skin's ability to defend itself.

CeraVe's cleansers have a pH of 5.5 and I'm seeing a noticable decrease in acne after 3 weeks of use (was using Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser before).
>>
>>12598058
What's your experience using TO's niacinamide+zinc serum with an AHA? Do you have to wait a while after exfoliating before using the serum? If so, how long?
I ask because the niacinamide+zinc has a high-ish pH and I don't know how it interacts with acids.
>>
I want to start Differin (Adapalene), anything I should know? I read the package and some stuff about it online but maybe some of you guys have extra info. I have a moisturizer and I'm gonna wear sunscreen every day.
>>
All this talk about tretinoin has got me interested. I would also like to add them to my routine. This is my first time with tret so I guess it is best to start with the weakest ones first like 0.025, yes? Though the most I can find here is .01 I think. Also, do you apply this every nighttime? I keep seeing posts elsewhere where people are saying it's making their face look too much glossy, which reminds me of overexfoliation (which tret might do??)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170716-075616.png (160KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-075616.png
160KB, 720x1280px
Can i use benzoyl peroxide with this?
>>
File: thayers rose petal.jpg (213KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
thayers rose petal.jpg
213KB, 1600x1600px
>>12582507
I use it as an aftershave.
It helped clear up some patches of red, flaky skin around my face.
>>
>tfw the first time I looked in a magnified mirror and wasn't horrified at how my skin looked
Stridex and Cetaphil are god tier. Don't moisturize because CeraVe moisturizing lotion made me break out and I live in the south so I am perpetually sweaty.
>>
>>12605435
topical collagen and oral collagen are both meme tier. A vitamin-c serum will help boost collagen production by skin cells

t. biochemist
>>
critique my routine

AM
>splash with water
>truskin naturals vitamin c serum
>garnier moisture rescue gel for dry skin
>Walgreens clear zinc sunscreen

PM
>mineral oil
>Neutrogena ultra gentle foaming cleanser
>same moisturizer as AM
>>
File: a.png (347KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
347KB, 480x800px
why does god hates me so much
>>
>>12611578
your life sure is terrible bub
>>
File: 1499534112766.png (144KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499534112766.png
144KB, 394x360px
>takes months and months to get rid of post-Acne redness
>one blemish can undo everything in the matter of a day
>>
Pimple right on the crease of my nostril. It hurts.
>>
Anyone have good facial massage/exercise techniques to get rid of bags under eyes
>>
>>12611578
it could be worse dawg
>>
>>12611578
That's nothing lad, be grateful you wasn't born deformed or with some other worse illness.

We're blessed even with Acne just take it easy it will go away.
>>
File: help.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
ok how do i fix this nose

no idea what im doing help
>>
What's a good way to deal with acne on my chest/shoulders/upper back?
>>
File: 1301068205433.jpg (56KB, 317x312px) Image search: [Google]
1301068205433.jpg
56KB, 317x312px
>>12605945
Anyone?
>>
File: 20170717_233655.jpg (299KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_233655.jpg
299KB, 1280x720px
Got this randomly, is this bath or hand soap?
>>
Cetaphil>>>>>>cerave
>>
I'm new to this, I shave while showering, using regular soap as shaving 'cream', but the area around my mouth always gets really red.
I end the shower with cold water and rinse.

Any tips?
>>
>>12612325
You have beautiful eyes
>///<
>>
>>12613618
>parabens
>ALS SLS
>high ph level
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>12613400
Doesnt it take a minimum of like 9 months plus? Also are suuuuuuure there's been no change? Anyway, from what I've gathered, it's like money and TIME investment
>>
How long do I have to wait until I can wash my face again after using a moisturizer?
>>
>>12613675
if it's around your mouth it could be toothpaste residue. Brush BEFORE washing your face or thoroughly rinse after brushing and see if that helps. also, moisturize.
>>12608864
Yes, if you use a 2.5 percent of BP with differin (1% adapalene) you're pretty much getting a cheaper and non-prescription version of epiduo which has helped a lot of people with acne.
>>
I've never had any skin problems ever since I started taking cold showers, highly recommend it.
>>
>>12614679
Thank you anon, I didnt know Epiduo was even a thing.
>>
>>12575806
No, do I need to?
>>
>>12576408
Same bro, I've had it on my knees since I was 3 in a patch the size of my palm. It has since reduced to the size of a pinky bone and is almost gone. Try using a water based moisturizing like Eucerin Aquaphor in the morning and before you go to bed and do your best not to scratch. What's really odd is that my habit of scratching my knees when i sit down has disappeared ever since my legs got sunburned while I was doing research on an island. Granted it might also have to do with the fact that I was in the water on a daily basis that helped with hydration to an extent. Go on a long island vacation and do a lot of scuba or snorkeling?
>>
>>12610649
What if i just have more vitamin c in my diet? Would that help?
>>
Got a mosquito bite on my cheek, what do?
>>
File: IMG_6507.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6507.png
1MB, 640x1136px
How am i doing anons? All I use is rose oil, ever since I started a few months ago I have improved by a ton
>>
>>12615983
Your face looks pristine unless the lighting is misleading me, can't tell.
>>
>>12616002
thanks anon :)
>>
>>12615983
for the best constructive criticism you should take a picture using unflattering lighting with a face free of makeup. besides that your skin looks great and you have my goal hair
>>
>>12616043
thanks :) I'm not wearing any makeup in that pic, but if I want an unbiased opinion it would be better to not worry about angles and lighting. I am think if getting a perm actually, should i just keep it as is?
>>
>>12615983
You were literally in the hair cut thread, quit fishing for compliments around /fa/
>>
>>12615983
Hard to tell from this photo 'cause it's pretty low res but you look good. Nice and even complexion. wouldtakehometopissoffmycasuallyracistgrandparents/10.
>>
File: THINK THROUGH.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
THINK THROUGH.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>12613932
I'm using it for its anti-aging properties, mostly to get rid of some fine lines that make me look like I'm in my thirties (I'm 25). So yeah, pretty sure there hasn't been any noticeable change so far, but if it takes almost 9 months for it then guess I'll just have to keep going.
>>
>>12616106
It may even take longer, bruv. You just really need patience and it also depends on the care you put onto yourself, also what strength are you using? .025?.050?? Spf is your friend
>>
Is it normal to have a bunch of little black dots all over your nose? I read articles saying it is and isn't all the time but I can't get a good answer. I have a good routine and moisturise enough but they're always there.
>>
>>12616299
.025 since I've read studies that say that lower concentrations give the same results anyway, while being less harsh on the skin. I still have a long way to go then.
>>
Is any of this available in Australia?

I'm this >>12611244 >>12609011 knob.

I'm trying to nip it in the bud and possibly reduce freckles. Mostly just wrinkle though.
>>
>>12579165
those aren't blackheads, they are sebaceous filaments
Try applying 2% salicylic acid, put a clay mask on top, wash it off when the time comes, and then massage face with an oil and they will pop out then wash face and moisturize
Do not use the metal tool to extract them. I did it around my nose for a year only and now those pores look stretched all to hell.
>>
>>12600742
if it is the ordinary brand put it on top of moisturizer because it leaves a siliconey finish that can pill
>>
>>12616049
Hahaha lying cunt
>>
Is smoking weed bad for your skin?
>>
when will life release me from this suffering?
>>
File: 61WOgXXeuAL._SY679_.jpg (28KB, 407x679px) Image search: [Google]
61WOgXXeuAL._SY679_.jpg
28KB, 407x679px
how often should i be using this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EGGJT88/
>>
I have really smooth skin but around every two months I get a giant pimple on the right side of my face in the same spot every time. Is there anyway to stop recurring pimples?
>>
>>12617156
it's just a prank bro!
>>
>>12617300
what does this mean
>>
>>12617416
practice saying that line if you're gonna wear blackface face mask.
>>
>>12617430
oh ok great thanks
>>
>>12617254
this is related to sebum production. it is entirely hormonal and the only thing you can do is ride it out and avoid picking it/making it scar
>>
>thread started 3 weeks ago

neat
>>
>>12615754
I fucking died, thanks for nothing.
>>
>>12617442
I thought you could control sebum production with niacinamide?
>>
>>12617156
Never. You'll pop a capillary. They're essentially pore strips.
>>
Just started using skincare products

Is my routine correct? + How do you remove sebaceous gland? I have a mixed skin

Morning:
Water
Cleanser
Sunscreen

Evening:
Water
Cleanser
Moisturizer
>>
>>12617442
Okay, thanks.
>>
Just ordered Paula's choice SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid for my sebaceous filaments on my nose, wish me luck!
>>
>>12575824
stfu with ur dumb shit faggit anon
>>
>>12618390
read the research in the FAQ, newfriend
>>
File: red nose.jpg (6KB, 430x215px) Image search: [Google]
red nose.jpg
6KB, 430x215px
QUICK! How do I get rid of a red nose? It's the very start of a pimple so I have nothing to pop.
Pic related: similar to what I have
>>
>>12618841
Just wait until it cools down and a pimple gets formed.
>>
>>12618841
Concealers arent only for women
>>
>>12616884
No problems. Why are you here?
>>
>>12595960
once a week or so is fine. it leaves my face feeling like a baby's ass after, can't hurt to try.
>>
Should moisturizing lotion be used rather than an aftershave? I using both redundant?
>>
>>12576989
how long does one sponge last?
>>
>>12571598
dont use a cartridge razor idiot
>>
>>12619926
he's not an idiot, cartridge razors are marketed as the best razors. i didnt know they were inferior to older razors until i did research.
>>
>>12615983
Rose oil as a moisturizer or to wash with? I picked up some rose hip oil oil to use as a moisturizer to help with PIH, but all it's done is oil the fug out of my face.
>>
File: Vo7NLxxOtXU.jpg (73KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
Vo7NLxxOtXU.jpg
73KB, 564x846px
How many spoons of sugar should I put into my tea? I usually have 2 and I think it's too much. In addition, I have about 3-4 cups of tea every day. Am I overkilling it?
>>
>>12620599
just use splenda
>>
>>12621679
Most artificial sweeteners are WAY WAY WAY worse than just eating sugar.
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paulas-Choice-Perfecting-Liquid-Exfoliant/dp/B01AYC9Y7S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500654187&sr=8-1&keywords=Paula%27s+Choice+2%25

yay or nay?
>>
>>12617847
Do people not moisturize in the morning?
>>
Use toilet paper to dry your buttcrack after showering. Make sure you close the toilet seat after using the toilet.

Fecal matter is bad, ok?
>>
File: 08.png (179KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
179KB, 400x400px
>feel great about skin for once
>notice small SB bumps
>don't pick it don't pick it
>pick the shit out of them
>couldn't even get them out and now my skin is fucked
I'm a stupid idiot retard.
>>
>>12600094
I've been using that stuff for three weeks and I'm not seeing any improvement either (not causing me to break out though).
I'm thinking it's because the foaming cleanser is designed for oily skin, and my acne only occurs on dry areas of my skin. It makes my (oily) forehead feels extra clean and smooth though.

Anyone have recs for a cleanser for combination skin where acne only occurs on the dry areas? Cerave hydrating cleanser maybe?
>>
>>12621680
How so?
>>
Daily routine:
>cold shower, I heard it's good for skin so I started taking them
>Lush coal face
>benzoyl peroxide I got from a dermatologist
>clindamycin phosphate I also got from a dermatologist
>charcoal mask a few times a week
>like 4 water bottles a day
Hoping it works, my skin gets oily pretty quick so if I skip one shower it's all over
>>
>>12625559
I also got prescribed clindamycin, and tretanoin. I stopped the Benzoyl Peroxide face wash but kept up with the former.
>>
>>12603945
Update: my skin is exfoliating dramatically and I've all but lost my tan in the midface.

I'm not using hydroquinone, doing a niacinamide and vit c serum soon
>>
>>12617759
wonderful things
>>
Male, 25, oily skin.

I don't like to spend too much time in front of the mirror but I'm ok with washing, moisturizing, eye cream every night.

I'm in US.

Can I get some face wash and eye cream recs?

I already have cerave moisturizer in a tub.

PS. I have a ton of closed comodones on my nose and it's pissing me off.
>>
>>12612325
have same nose. help
>>
File: JlzENW.jpg (50KB, 559x432px) Image search: [Google]
JlzENW.jpg
50KB, 559x432px
white bumps above my eyes. Are they milia? Should i go to doc?
>>
>>12620599
honey and/or lemon balance out the bitterness better than sugar imo, try those
>>
>>12626692
yeah looks like milia to me. doctor can remove them but they usually go away by themselves, though it can take months
>>
>>12613838
faggot

<3
>>
anyone have any recommendations on getting rid of a oily nose?
>>
>>12568242
I have oily skin and moderately bad acne.

I take an antibiotic, wash with neutrogena oil free acne cleanser every morning in the shower, at night before bed, use the cleaner and a 0.1% adapalene gel.

I use a salicylic acid scrub twice per week.

I use Stridex pads throughout the day on my oily skin and use a neutrogena "acne moisturizer" when my skin gets exceptionally dry around my eyes and cheeks from the adapalene.

Once every few weeks I'll use that aztec cleansing mask stuff.

I eat very healthy, drink lots of water, minimal grease and sugar intake. All this and my skin looks only marginally clearer. I feel like introducing more chemicals and steps is only going to contribute to what feels like a mild chemical burn I'm dealing with.

What the fuck am I doing wrong/can I do to get rid of this?
>>
>>12628100
>Neutrogena oil free acne cleanser
There's your problem. I used the same shit and still had shit skin until I changed. Just don't buy anything Neutrogena or labeled acne cleanser or wash. Just use stridex for the acne
>>
>>12628100
I feel like aztec is useless, like there are better masks out there
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.