[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 39

File: fragop.jpg (255KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fragop.jpg
255KB, 1200x1200px
LAST THREAD >>12542837
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12557593
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
>>12557597
make this a pastebin isntead of an image
>>
>>12557597
put this in the OP next time

anyways i'm looking for a few recs here, just brainstorming
>sex
not telling because sexed marketing is bogus
>price range
~$30-50 because i want to swap something in that range, but anything
>seasons/weather/occasions
summer for summer things
>other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike
well i spend most of my time wearing gourmands so that won't really be helpful. jasmine is my favorite suitable note, anything sweet is great, not a fan of citrus
>special conditions
preferably something that i can get a sample of
>>
some guy is selling tom fords for a quarter of retail price. real ones too, he's super reputable

with that in mind, what's your opinion on Soleil Blanc and Plum Japonais? they're the two i'm looking at buying and i'm not really in a position to sample them first
>>
Anyone have Al Wisam Day or Al Rehab Silver? How do they compare to SMW?
>>
>>12557810
saying Al Wisam Day is better than SMW wouldn't be that much of a stretch, since its performance is better. fantastic fragrance, if pricetag is of concern at all you should cop Al Wisam Day over SMW, no questions asked. in fact, you should get Al Wisam day regardless as it's a gem. can't speak for Al Rehab Silver though
>>
>>12557593
>12557593
I'm not a shill but REEEE how is kafkaesque still not on the review/blog site list

By far the most detailed and nuanced reviews I've ever read. I've learnt so much from mulling over the descriptions and hour by hour progression of the fragrances reviewed Extremely helpful for beginners and perfumistas alike.
>>
>>12557825
seconded, and a link to rxcowboy's lebbit wouldn't be a bad thing either
>>
>>12557834
rxcowboy is the GOAT
>>
>>12557838
have you seen his thread on tuscan leather/la yuqawam? he spends a significant time comparing the cocaine notes in each fragrance, it's fucking great
>>
So is Le Male Eau Fraiche similar to invictus? I heard it had a bubblegum kind of scent, is it like a medium between invictus and aqua?
>>
File: 1490581953421.jpg (416KB, 1800x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1490581953421.jpg
416KB, 1800x1274px
I'm 24 and I gotta move to Mississippi on the coast so it's gonna be hot. I need a fragrance for the office and maybe for dates or a night out. is there any scent that will make southern belles sigh as I pass?
>>
>>12557975
>i need a fragrance for the office and maybe for dates or a night out
so you want 3 different fragrances
>is there any scent that will make southern belles sigh as I pass?
no

Al Wisam Day by Rasasi is a safe bet, great frag
>>
>>12557975
>Mississippi
>Southern Belles

lol...You're going to be in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>12557999
sheesh any frags that ward away white trash and welfare queens
>>
>>12557989
1 or 2 scents would be fine.
>>
I know these are basic, but I'm trying to decide between Bleu de Chanel and Versace Dylan Blue.
Someone in the previous thread mentioned that Bleu de Chanel EDT had really good longevity.
Does anyone have input on Dylan Blue's performance relative to that?
>>
>>12558048
anyone who tells you bdc is a great performer is either a chanel dickrider or a shill, its extremely average and will last in the 8 hour range at most, 5-6 hours on average. dylan blue lasts about in that same range since theyre both similar with the ambroxan/wood/incense backbone. try both, i prefer bdc but if youd rather go in blind then i would recommend dylan blue since its like half the price for a very similar experience.
>>
>>12557810
Got a Silver oil roll on and tried it a couple times. Gets fairly close to SMW, but there is this note that I cannot place, but it feels synthetic and is like tinnitus to my nose, so I don't wear it much. Excellent longevity, but hey, it's an oil. Mediocre projection. But then I remember that it was like $6 and I get a bit less picky, but I still almost never wear any Al Rehabs, except maybe Mokhalat Al Oud, but if they can't get an attar right, we got a problem.
>>
Would you agree that the Dior Homme line is the best designer line of the millennium thus far? If not, what line would you say is better?
>>
>>12558147
In this era of endless reformulation concerns, 8 hours of longevity is very good for a department store fragrance. I can reliably achieve that with 3 sprays of BdC EdT. Not saying Dylan Blue is bad or that there aren't other viable alternatives to BdC. Just tired of hearing about lousy performance from the BdC EdP meme train victims.
t. chanel dickrider / shill
>>
>>12557975
Guerlain Vetiver does really well in muggy heat, and you'll likely smell like some of their dads, so there's that... I haven't tried it in humid conditions, but I'd wager that Encre Noire Sport would be amazing, with a lighter application ofc.
>>
>>12557782
>Plum Japonais
shitty copy of sheldrake's fille en aiguilles. well, it's still nice, but inferior in every way
>>
I have a girl coming over to watch a movie and it's gonna be real cozy. Wondering what frag to wear out of these, or what the "sexiest one would be?"

Bleu de Chanel

CDG - Ouarzazate

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Derek Lam 10 Crosby - Something Wild

Derek Lam 10 Crosby - Silent St.

Aesop Marrakech Intense parfum

House of Matriarch - Black No. 1

Commodity - Moss

Commodity - Bergamot

Margiela - Jazz Club
>>
Looking for some recommendations, fragrance general always seems on top of it.

>Sex
Male
>Price range
~$200
>Seasons/weather
Summer in southern California.
>Occasions
Looking for a few different occasions. I'd like a fragrance for nights out in the summer, more for bars and date nights than a club scene fragrance and another recommendation for daily wear in the summer.

>Other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike
My only other fragrance is a bottle of CdG 2Man. I'm a fan of woody, incense, and spiced notes but I'm aware those aren't necessarily complimentary to summer, especially not hot and sweat inducing 100 degree days. I heavily dislike rose notes or anything that becomes overly floral and powdery. Willing to branch out into anything, I've tried a few Diptyque scents like Philosykos and am interested in trying Amazingreen but I'm unsure if they're very versatile.
>>
i'm close to buying a bottle of shihan but i'm on the fence. sometimes the sample seems like a short lived cinnamon and nutmeg bomb on me. regardless, it's an incredible gourmand to smell.

has anyone tried this fragrance? thoughts? what are some similar niche fragrances like it?
>>
>>12558174
DH, Terre d'Hermes, or A*Men's "Pure {thing}" flankers
>>
>>12558603
Creed Millesime Imperial is worth a look. Very versatile, you can wear it year round, day or night, light enough for the office, sexy enough for dates.

Warm, rich citrus, fruit, sea salt. Women seem to love it (on me, at least). Get a sample, see what you think. I actually think it's nicer than Aventus, personally.
>>
File: invictus aqua.jpg (43KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
invictus aqua.jpg
43KB, 700x525px
Blind bought this juice because I love the original invictus but it's too heavy for office use and extreme heat. Versace Pour Homme would be my go-to daily scent if it was slightly stronger/sweeter, and I've heard that this scent is like Invictus/VPH. We shall see in a few days.
>>
Considering buying Parfums de Marly Layton. Tested it already and it smells marvelous on my clothes, but I mostly get vanilla on my skin. Does anyone else have any input on this? It's kind of expensive, so I don't want to rush it.
>>
Any recommendations for something light and not overly spicy for the colder months? Preferably with little sillage, as I work in a hotel.
Would my bottle of L'eau D'Issey do the trick, even if its better suited to spring/summer?
I've tried Boss Bottled, Hot Water, Aramis Black, liked Aramis the most.
>>
>>12559474
burberry london
>>
>>12559433
I actually just got a sample of it today, so I'll try it tonight and see if I can offer any insight.
>>
how do people feel about Frapin 1270 and 1697?
>>
>>12558603
The thing to watch out for in warmer weather are scents that are rich and heavy as they get cloying in the heat. Luckily you can rock certain notes you enjoy: Guerlain Vetiver, Havana, Encre Noir Sport, and especially Kouros are all great in the heat. Go a little lighter on the trigger until you dial in application, but you won't regret it. And since you seem to like figs (Philosykos), some other great summer frags in that vein: Premier Figuier, Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme & Figuier Ardent are all great.
>>
>>12557597
>twenty-four year old male
>law student
>come off as fairly masculine, 6'2" and more muscular than average
>$150 or less
>looking for something for cooler weather (fall/winter/spring)
>looking for something that gives off a "young professional" vibe but that could also be worn casually (I usually dress in jeans with a button-up shirt)
>I love Dior Homme, Burberry London, Chanel Allure (original and Eau Extreme), Prada Luna Rossa Extreme, and YSL L'Homme (& La Nuit)

Currently thinking of just buying DH again cause I love it so much but I'm not sure it suits me very well. Any recs are appreciated.
>>
>>12557782
Soleil Blanc is a nice summer coconut-floral scent, but it's moderate lasting at best. Haven't tried Plum Japonais.
>>
>>12560181
inb4 aventus but seriously aventus

if you're not retarded, you can cop a large decant from frag swap groups for cheap or if you wanna extend your price range those dudes usually sell 120ml bottles in the 180-220$ range
>>
>>12559474
Check out Body Kouros. The eucalyptus note is very clean and unique.
>>
>>12560343
Thanks for the rec anon, I do already have a small decant of Aventus and I really like it, but I was thinking of something outside of the fresh category.
>>
>>12559433
Ok, so I've tried the sample for a bit. My initial thoughts are that I pretty much only smell vanilla (and cardamom) on my skin. Can't comment about it on my clothes. It's a nice smell. Very soft and cozy, something you want to cuddle up with.

That being said, I'm not sure it's worth its price tag. I'd try some samples of other frags of that sort first before making the decision. Here are a few that are that came to mind:

Bvlgari Man In Black
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
Hugo Boss Bottled (Intense or not)
Byredo Bal d'Afrique

It's also similar to MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare, but that might be even more expensive than Layton.

But if you've tried most of those and like Layton better, I say go ahead and get it. Maybe wait to find it on sale.
>>
>>12559400
You're going to regret it. The opening is orgasmic, but everything after 20 minutes is just super fucking harsh chemicals. It's nothing like VPH, which I also love in addition to the normal Invictus. You'll have to judge for yourself, though.
>>
>TFW can't find a sample of Le Male Eau Fraiche anywhere

Has anyone gotten a reliable decant from ebay? Is it worth attempting, even?
>>
>>12560274

I find that Soleil Blanc doesn't project for very long but I get a pretty decent lasting skin scent on it, and I work outside
>>
File: bubblegum.jpg (27KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
bubblegum.jpg
27KB, 550x550px
What, specificially, creates that "bubblegum" scent that people talk about in scents like Invictus, Ultra Male, etc.?
>>
File: nd.153.jpg (42KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
nd.153.jpg
42KB, 300x296px
Did I fuck up? I've always only been gifted whatever scents, and I've never bothered buying one myself.
I thought pic related had a nice scent.
>>
>>12560497
Google, 15 seconds, mate
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310965-Bubblegum
>>
>>12560613
Nah, Bvlgari's Aqva line is considered decent, great performance year round, day or night.

On that note, it is possible to over spray. Just two is enough for about eight hours, possibly a little longer.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
Are there any more frags that are similar to the ephemera trio? Thanks.
>>
>>12560700
Great, I checked out a couple of frags but this was the only one that peaked my interest. Have it on for the past 4 hours and I really like how it initially went from a very citrus like smell to, well, to something else - I guess this is what the sea-like smell most reviews are talking about? I live by the sea and I can say that it does smell like walking by the shore at night without the stinky shit.
>>
>>12560766
It's got this dark, woody note towards the dry down that's hit or miss with many people.
>>
>>12560766
Might just be me, but I feel like that frag smells a lot like black people. Do you get that, too? Always sort of interested me, I wonder what it is
>>
>>12560362
ah my b.

in that case, check out gucci pour homme 2 if you dont mind weak projection.
if thats a dealbreaker, check out oud wood by tom ford, ch men prive, amouage reflection man/parfums de marly pegasus, pdm herod.
sorry for the mainly niche list, but while i'm at it being an expensive faggot, i think you would dig bois d'argent if you haven't given it a go and you like the dior line. basically the niche version of dior homme. of course if you wanna be safe, you could always go for the one EDP, people go crazy for that shit but it's fairly common.
also i apologize if you're familiar with most of these since i only listed popular frags.
>>
>>12560813
Probably the clary sage.
>>
>>12560381
Thanks for your input! I have smelled Le Male, Body Kouros and Boss Bottled. Generally good scents but way too popular for me. Maybe I'm retarded but I don't mind spending a little more for something slightly more unique. Haven't tried Man in black or bal d'afrique, but Invasion Barbare is my absolute favourite scent, but I wanted to buy something sweeter for once. All my other fragrances are fougères or 'clean/professional' type scents. Just smelled the sample again and I think I'm going to pull the trigger
>>
>>12561032
Gotcha. No that's fine, I recently bought a bottle of Neroli Portofino Forte even though there are much cheaper, similar frags. I got it for a good price though.

If you want something sweet, you might want to check out Bal d'Afrique anyway. It's pretty sweet and everyone I know who has smelled it says they like it. I'm not a fan of vetiver or overly woody events but I like it.
>>
what the fuck is up with perfume commercials
>>
Applying frags - skin(neck/collarbone/wrist) or clothes (chest area)?
I only sit around in an office then go to the gym(+shower) then sit around in the office again.
I guess it's a no brainer that I should apply it to my clothes yeah?
>>
>>12561578
Clothes, definitely. You don't EVER want a frag at the gym, you'll kill everyone else
>>
File: 1 don't click.jpg (255KB, 1100x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1 don't click.jpg
255KB, 1100x1077px
>>12561375
Right? They're fucking insane. I feel like they're trying to appeal to the broadest possible audience with them in the vaguest possible terms of how people could find the fragrance enjoyable, but it just winds up a bizarre collage of sexual imagery and people wearing stupid outfits looking angsty

I bet they could get away with much less bizarre commercials that informed people more for a fraction of the cost and lower their goddamn prices
>>
>>12560478
I had better luck with the body oil than with the actual perfume in terms of how it lasts. Then again, Tom Ford fragrances are either hit or miss for me with the best one being Orchid Soleil (it surpassed all of my expectations and was oddly a boy magnet) and the worst one being White Patchouli. I just realized that those two aren't from the private blends.
>>
>>12561888

I'm a 22 year old male. I know it's technically a unisex fragrance but it definitely smells more feminine leaning so I'm not surprised
>>
>>12561733
They're selling a fantasy. They want you to think "hey, Chris Pine wears this shit and totally bangs tons of super hots chicks, so if I wear this, I'll be like Chris Pine". It's the same shit Axe does with their "if you wear our shit, you'll totally get laid guaranteed, bruh!" shit, just trying to be a little more high brow about it.

You'd think that would be way too transparent to work, but your average person actually is stupid enough to buy into that. Look how well Axe and Old Spice sell solely on the the strength of their promise of pussy. Fuck, like half the dudes who ask for recs here are asking for something that will make grills want to fuck them.
>>
>>12562017
Isn't that kind of the whole purpose of perfume
>>
>>12562017
to be fair, Old spice commercials are quite funny and over the top.

It's also about conditioning people. You see the commercial of a well groomed guy in a suit, you hear the brand name. You see the commercial again, again and again. At one point you will just naturally associate the brand name with upscale products. I personally believe the commercials are there to 1) make you aware that this new product exists and 2) represent the brand.
>>
>>12562148
I suppose for some people.

>>12562161
Yeah, Old Spice is much less guilty than Axe, but they've definitely played the "our product will get you laid" card as well.
>>
Does Dylan blue perform as well as eros? Also is it worth picking up?
>>
i want to try cdg Kyoto and floriental, is there anything else i should try while I'm at it?
>>
I want to smell like reddit
>>
>>12562560
dior suavage and b.o.
>>
>>12562572
*Aventus and B.O.
>>
>>12560860
I'm glad you mention GPH2, I like what I've read on it and I actually already have a sample of it on the way. Weak projection might actually be a good thing too as I spend most of my daytime in class.

Oud wood also smells really great, but it's a tad expensive...
CH Men Privé, I just sampled that and man it smells so sexy, kind of like DH but with a much more masculine edge in place of the iris. Might look at getting a small bottle of that too. Thanks again.
>>
File: club de nuit intense.jpg (10KB, 223x230px) Image search: [Google]
club de nuit intense.jpg
10KB, 223x230px
Is this the heaviest 100ml out there? Holy god this thing weighs a ton for something with such a small cap.
>>
>>12562604
GPH2 is deceptive, be sure to try it on your skin. Was in Sephora today and tried it on paper, loved it to death, but then put it on my skin and let it develop for a while and when the top notes faded it left this super stinky, sort of arabic spicy smell that I hated. You may like it, but I think it almost got to B.O. territory
>>
I wanna smell like this music video, rec me pls

https://youtu.be/cJRP3LRcUFg
>>
>>12562017
>>12562201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtH4JBjVlyQ

I actually worked on that commercial. Over the course of three days we sent no fewer than 5 girls to the hospital for twisted ankles/knees running over uneven terrain and hypothermia from our asshole AD making the girls stay in 60ºF water for longer than necessary while he was in a down parka drinking hot tea by a propane heater.
>>
>>12562628
what a cringey commercial
>>
>>12562615
speaking of >>12562604
GpHII
I have joked that you could easily kill someone with that bottle
>>
>>12562619
maybe just the bad skin reaction meme since i get nothing but heavenly comfort out of it
>>
File: vodka.jpg (28KB, 449x552px) Image search: [Google]
vodka.jpg
28KB, 449x552px
Met the nicest dude at Saks, gave me 3 vials of By Kilian without me even asking. Are any of these any good? I got Vodka on the Rocks, Straight to Heaven and Moonlight in Heaven.
>>
>>12562648
See, I get that too, but only after I scrubbed off what I could and there was like 30% of the scent left. Maybe it's just stronger on my skin, I'll try it on my clothes and see what happens.
>>
What is a good mature clubbing fragrance? I want something that smells alluring and performs well without smelling like a candy bar.
>>
>>12562684
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt. Warm, spicy and mature while also being noticeable. Aventus, as cliche as it sounds, makes a great clubbing fragrance too due to its piercing, attention grabbing nature. VPH could also work if you use a lot.
>>
>>12562628
That's pretty much how I picture the guy who made that commercial, except he's wearing a sideways trucker hat and instead of tea he's drinking Grey Goose.
>>
>>12562661
I'm not a fan of By Kilian, personally. I've tried Back to Black, Black Phantom, Straight to Heaven, and several others I can't recall off the top of my head, and while they're nice scents, I wasn't blown away by anything.

I don't think it's a bad house, but for the prices they charge, I'd expect far more. I feel like they're charging high-end niche prices for good but not great scents in fancy packaging. Just my opinion.
>>
>>12562709
Just tried them on paper, Vodka on the Rocks smells like rubbing alcohol, then nothing, straight to heaven is kind of weird and Moonlight in Heaven is nice, but more like 70-dollar-and-even-then-I-wouldn't-buy-it nice.

...Damn, I wish he had given me samples of the bonds, they were cool.
>>
Slightly different topic but anyone here interested in incense sticks? I really like the idea of having my place smell like something specific and trying out different stuff. Was thinking of getting sandalwood sticks first.
>>
>>12562661
I wouldnt wear moonlight in heaven, but vodka on the rocks is very wearable. Straight to heaven is kinda out there and boarder lines being a vibe so I would be a little hesitant to wear it around younger girls if you were going out for the first time. But that being said I find it to be a deceptively good compliment getter.

I think in general though by kilian has a lot of potentially wearable and nice smelling things, again its just the price is pretty out there unless you love the smell or are into the novelty of fragrances in general if you will.
>>
>>12562723
Yeah, Straight to Heaven is an odd one. It's got rum and vanilla as the main notes, the extreme version supposedly has a double dose, and it doesn't smell like rum or vanilla at all. Smells like dry citrus and wood to me.

Exactly as I said, they feel like mid-range scents packaged and sold as luxury scents. I'd probably grab a few of their frags at designer prices, but at 250.00+ a bottle, no way.
>>
>>12562641
i remember seeing it in real life once and for some reason i never really appreciated how big the cap was until then, not even the whole bottle, just the massive fucking cap
>>
>>12562669
is it a particular note that turns you off or is it the whole deal?
>>
>>12557782
who pls come thru ya boy needs to cop some noir de noir
anyways
plum japonais reminds me of old asian ladies
soleil blanc is sunscreen and cocoa butter lotion
sorry not sorry my sister owns Soleil blanc and I'm tired of it
>>
File: fahrenheit-vaporisateur.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fahrenheit-vaporisateur.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
you can't beat #1 (old formula though)
>>
File: Hqdefaul.jpg (65KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Hqdefaul.jpg
65KB, 1152x864px
I'm just now starting to get into fragrances. What are some nice versatile starters?
>>
>>12563124
Versace Pour Homme for an energetic, fresh scent that really invigorates you. Dior Sauvage for a fresh, woody, masculine scent that gets compliments. Mugler Cologne, for when you want to smell amazing and clean but don't want to smell like you have a fragrance on (basically smells like the best soap ever)
>>
>>12563124
ysl l'homme is pretty untouchable in the starter category, guy above me has some solid picks too, be warned that hes not joking and mugler cologne smells exactly like a bar of irish spring soap so if soap isnt your thing stay away
>>
>>12560758
>>12560758
>>12560758
please
>>
>>12562311
So nobody here owns Dylan blue?
>>
>>12563061
My man! I fell in love with a recent formulation, so it's still good, but the old juice just goes up to 11.
>>
>>12557597
need a rec
>sex
male
>price range
not over 200$
>seasons/weather
sunny days, all year
>dates,events and otherwise special occasions
>other
I'm really looking for something relaxing, something that might cop me a complement or two
>>
>>12563252
Green irish tweed
>>
>>12563596
seconded, alternatively bleecker street if you don't want the cool water/aspen comparison keeping you up at night.
this is assuming the scare is over and prices are back to normal since i know a bunch of people were freaking out that it was discontinued.
>>
Bought Prada L'homme...That shit doest last...80E wasted.

Sick of paying heavy prices for shit you only smell on yourself for 2hours max.
The fragrance buisiness is a big scam
>>
>>12563674
Top five heavy hitting, high performance fragrances:
1) Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace fH
2) 24 Gold Oud Edition
3) Dior Sauvage
4) Pineapple Vintage
5) Rasasi La Yuqawam

The Bond is available on notino.de for 78E / 50ml. I guarantee you will be pleased with its projection and longevity. It's also a super pleasing warm weather scent that gets you noticed.
>>
>>12563725
everybody says sauvage is beastly, but when i sampled it could hardly smell it.
>>
>>12563674
>What is olfactory fatigue

It's worse for some scents than others. For example, you may stop smelling Aventus on yourself, but it's guaranteed others smell it.
>>
is eBay okay for discontinued frags? I want to get YSL Live Jazz and I see a few still sealed bottles available but am not so sure about the sellers.
>>
etat libre dorange smells like what i would imagine a pristine arcade machine room would smell like

smells like old videogames, like polybius

not like the 80,s culture of videogames, but just like the videogames of the 80,s

watch polybius its probably what it is

being engulfed in these old games so much

yep
>>
Man i dont think anything is ever gonna beat green irish tweed for me. Ive never smelt a fragrance that smells identical to something that occurs in nature while at the same time only the most pleasant aspects of it, with good performance and universally loved. What are some fragrances that take you to a specific place that also actually smell pleasing?
>>
>>12563756
gives me a headache personally. different noses for different folks
>>12563803
this is probably what's going on. best way to remedy olfactory fatigue is to have many fragrances you use on rotation
>>12564552
Mancera Sand Aoud. brings me straight to the Oregon coast, nothing can compare. some people on fragrantica and basenotes think it's putrid, but it's absolutely beautiful to me, the penultimate sandalwood/oud to my nose
>>
>>12563596
anything less expensive?
>>
can my bros recommend me a summer day & summer night frangrance or fragrances and frangrances i can use for the fall to winter for day / night? thanks
>>
>>12564619
davindoff cool water for the summer/spring, ysl l'homme for when you're not wearing cool water. easy cheap starter
>>
>>12564637
>can someone recommend me a summer fragrance that is also a fall fragrance in addition to being a winter and spring fragrance?
chanel bleu de chanel, or dior homme intense if you like iris
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_N7nJ9Qn1k

/ourguy/
>>
>>12564692
i actually don't mind him that much, most people look for perfumes to seem 'sexy', nothing wrong with making content for that audience. see a bunch of frag reviewers focusing on whether or not fragrances are sexy, particularly with mens frags. i mean that's how i got into it, can't blame anyone else for that way of thinking. it's of course garbage; there is no fragrance that will make you seem attractive by itself, and it probably won't help much either.
>>
>>12564637
AdG Profumo seems to be the most popular "night-specific" scent, though I like Club de Nuit intense much more.
>>
>>12564701
I don't know about not helping much. In my experience if a girl is already into you, wearing a frag that she likes can really get her going. It's not gonna make girls like you on its own, but I've certainly gotten some very strong reactions from fragrances during sex, for example.
>>
File: insurrection 2.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
insurrection 2.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Insurrection II Pure or Club de Nuit?
>>
>>12564962
Ip2 for fruity aventus club de nuit for smokey batch. Club de nuit also performs better to my knowledge
>>
i want to smell like flowers but not like a huge fag, what do I get
>>
>>12564996
YSL L'homme, definitely. Flowery, yet masculine. It's elegant, not gay.
>>
>>12565000
oh cool I got a free sample of that with something else I bought
>>
>>12565005
>>12565000
also, is la nuit de l'homme worth checking out? I hear it smells great but doesn't last for shit
>>
>>12565007
La Nuit is a meme, I dislike it a lot. It feels very generic, there are many fragrances that smell like it. It's basically the most non-descript "upscale" fragrance there is
>>
>>12565009
how does l'homme work in the fall/winter?
>>
>>12565024
Good, it's got a bit of a warm ginger/spice to it. It's insanely versatile, actually, you can wear it any time to any occasion and it will work remarkably well.
>>
>>12565029
cool, thanks famalam
>>
File: versace pour homme.jpg (20KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
versace pour homme.jpg
20KB, 300x360px
Post what fake versions of fragrances you've tried smell like.

Individuel: Straight up the cheapest/most harsh fabric softener/dryer sheet you've ever smelled. Atrocious. Only recently tried the real thing and it's pretty good.

Versace Pour Homme: Super painful lemon floor cleaner and various astringent chemicals until the fragrance dies down 5-7 hours later, at which point it has a very faint whiff of the original which still smells off.
>>
I have a babbys first fragrance set with a bunch of entry level shit but I keep going back to BdC. Is there anything that is mallcore that can beat it (some girl at work fucking loves it).

Some I have that haven't beat it: tdh, the one, encre noir extreme, prada luna rosa extreme, dhi, sauvage, cdni, l'instant, la nuit, l'homme, f black.

I'm thinking maybe prada l'homme? Is ch men prive worth a shot?
>>
>>12565000
Is l'Homme considered floral? Because of the violet leaf or what? I don't remember it smelling like flowers at all, but it has been a while.
>>
looking for recs
>sex
Female
>price range
Under $120 or so, ideally,
>seasons/weather
a daytime frag for summer and another one for fall
>other frags
I used to really love Tocca Florence, but I feel like it's too sweet for me now. I also like commodities wool on other people, but it has a really weird aquatic note on me.
For fall, I really just want something that smells like pine, but not Christmas trees.
>>12565093
My aunt has a fake version of Chanel 5 that smells like a funeral parlor to me.
>>
>>12565130
CH Men Privé is definitely worth a shot, really sexy and manly, kinda smells familiar but it does what it does really well
>>
File: o.48208.jpg (50KB, 615x510px) Image search: [Google]
o.48208.jpg
50KB, 615x510px
Just coped this bad bitch, pretty hyped I love the note of pineapple. Anyone got any recommendations for pineapple dominant frags?
>>
>>12565280
How is it? I'm seriously considering copping. Not a huge fan of Aventus because it doesn't work on my skin at all, I get zero sweetness and extremely muted fruit, smells basically like smoky pine cleaner on me. I love pineapple, though, and could always use another nice fruity summer scent.
>>
>>12565311
It only just shipped now, gonna update y'all on how it is as soon as I get it
>>
>>12565384
Ah, alright. I might get it anyway since it's cheap right now.
>>
>>12564593
So what is the best sandalwood/aoud?
>>
>>12564670
Not even close to what he asked
>>
I was thinking of getting something tobacco based for evenings out in Autumn and Winter.
Considered CK One Shock, Pure Havane and D&G The One. Havane is a bit expensive for my liking, as I'm a poorfag, aiming for £60 max for a 100ml bottle.
Should I get samples of all three or just blind buy one?
>>
hello /fa/ I don't know shit about perfumes but I want to smell like a trap, I want a femenine scent able to catch straight boys, not a very strong one tho

any ideas ?
>>
What fragrances smell powerful? I'm not talking projection, I mean fragrances that make you smell dominant and authoritative. Something an emperor or CEO or something would wear.
>>
>>12565571
I would go for the one, then CK one shock, then pure havane if you are going for compliments. Although take that with a grain of salt as ive heard shock has been reformulated but its so dirt cheap its not a big loss. I do not get many compliments on pure havane myself despite what a lot in the community say and im also of the opinion it smells older than the other 2 you mentioned. So compliment wise its only been average for me. The one is one of my most complimented scents. And your main problem with that is if you get performance issues on it, and that its popular enough that sometimes when im wearing other fragrances girls come up to me and tell me something like "omg youre wearing my favorite fragrance thats the one right!" kinda thing....

Although I guess if you have the opportunity to sample them I would just do that.
>>
>>12565580
Dior Hypnotic Poison maybe? It's a woman's fragrance that gets called sexy and I think I've seen some guys say they wear it. Never smelled it myself so I can't comment further.

The only frag that made me more attracted to someone was some Hollister frag for girls back in high school. Hollister Malaia maybe...the packaging looks familiar.
>>
>>12566137
pretty sure the ceo of the company I work for wears spicebomb
>>
>>12566376
Interesting. I like Spicebomb, but I don't think I would say that it smells "powerful".
>>
>>12566400
gorillionaires probably aren't too concerned with smelling powerful
>>
The air freshener I bought isn't for fabric, I don't want to use it on my bedsheets, nor use fragrance due to the fire risk given the alcohol.
Which linen spray is the best?
>>
>>12566410
Ok, but I'm asking for fragrances that do smell powerful.
>>
>>12566440
how does something smell powerful
>>
>>12564022
I've had great success there. Look at it this way: if you were a counterfeiter, would you chose to spend your money making fake popular scents, or fake old discontinued scents that only a handful of devotees would buy?
>>
montale moon aoud pretty good, red aoud pretty good too smells like gingerbread

dark aoud one of the worst garbage ever, shouldnt be considered a fragrance
nepal aoud eeh
black aoud very nice opening but becomes a medicinal mess

>>12566440
invasion barbare?
>>
>>12564327
>etat libre dorange
is a house with 40 frags. Which one are you talking about?
>>
>>12566572
shit i mean etat libre dorange RIEN
>>
>Guy on FB selling his bottle of vintage CH Men
>consider buying it
>decide to ask him where he's kept it stored over the years
>top shelf of his bathroom

What the fuck is wrong with people
>>
>>12566443
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

>>12566571
I guess that one could qualify.
>>
>>12566624
so?
>>
>>12566629
invasion barbare smells like the room of the roman emperor with the servants and everything
>>
>>12566663
Fragrances degrade heavily in harsh environments like hot bathrooms with fluctuating temperatures
>>
>>12564692
>/ourguy/
https://youtu.be/QeiOLtaONJU
>>
>>12565000
>Flowery
>>12565158
>Is l'Homme considered floral?
No
>>
File: IMG_3493.jpg (390KB, 2999x1398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
390KB, 2999x1398px
r8 my new summer choice

winter was tom ford black orchid
>>
>>12566719
This dude is Lawrence from Office Space as a teenager.
>>
>>12566137
Antaeus. I stand up a little straighter when wearing it. And Kouros, because Kouros.
>>
>>12566738
Not bad, definitely a nice aquatic summer frag. Personally, I like MI better and I feel like they're similar enough that getting both wouldn't be worthwhile. Either one are solid choices.
>>
>>12566624
>>12566663
>>12566713
Unless we're talking about a non-climate controlled bathroom in Dubai, or on a sunny windowsill with lots of direct sunlight, they'll be fine.
>>
>>12566752
They won't actually.
>>
>>12566767
That settles it; you've convinced me! Just out of curiosity, what experience or science are you basing that statement on?
>>
>>12566797
pretty sure one guy literally measured the temperature fluctuation of his medicine cabinet in one of these threads once
>>
>>12566804
Yep, that was me >>12566797
:)
And to recap: it was very minor. The actual temperature fluctuation of the juice inside a bottle would have been in the 1/10 of a degree range, if any. I think they can handle that...
>>
As someone who works a lot with temperature measuring devices and climate controlled rooms, I have a hard time believing that a bottle of perfume would change much in temperature by sitting in a bathroom. I assume they handle larger temperature fluctuations when being transported or sitting in a house/building where air conditioning kicks on and off, so being exposed to short, slight increases of temperature probably won't do anything noticeable to frags. But no, I haven't done any double blind studies on this stuff.
>>
>>12566797
>>12566804
>>12566811
Fragrances can go "bad" if you don't store them properly. Light and fluctuations in temperature can degrade the perfume and possibly shave off the top notes or give it an "off" smell that doesn't smell exactly like what it used to.

Every time you or your family shower or run a hot bath, the temperature and humidity in the bathroom will increase and decrease enormously within a number of minutes. especially when this process repeats every day for years.

If you honestly have your colognes sitting in your bathroom and thinks it's as "fresh" as someone who stores them on a cool, dark place, then you're retarded.

>>12566876
Not the same because shipping is a short process (and then stored properly) compared to being in a bathroom for years. Also if you work as an AC guy just say so.
>>
>>12566901
Again, back your statement up with facts or stop spreading old wives' tales.
>enormously
If you consider <10ºF enormous. And remember, we are talking ambient temperature. How much do you think the temperature of the actual juice will change after exposing the glass bottle to a 7ºF ambient temp change for 10 minutes? Not a lot.

That said, I would never leave a bottle on a sunny windowsill or in a car where the temp can change by 40ºF+ and all day. That bottle would be too hot to hold. Even though I'm pretty sure frags are built to withstand even that, I don't want to press my luck. Nor would I leave the cap off a splash bottle, allowing the alcohol to evaporate. But a temp change of a couple 10ths of a degree for a couple minutes? To worry about something like that is OCD territory.
>>
>>12566948
>it's OCD territory to store your fragrances in a drawer or something

It's called taking care of your stuff
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Storing+fragrances
>>
>>12566901
>Shave off the top notes

Hm, interesting. Recently got a bottle of Sauvage from Ulta's website and it was really damn hot while it was shipping. Upon use, it smelled totally fine except for a diminished top note. Could the heat have damaged it?
>>
>>12567024
that's probably what happened, and you might be able to get a refund or something if missing the head notes bothers you
>>
>>12567024
I have a bottle of Sauvage that I bought second hand and it doesn't have "grab you by the nose" top note that new bottles have (I compared them). It was from the first 2015 formulation but it should still be good IF you store it right. The same thing with my Chanel Allure Homme Sport bottle. It's my fault for buying second-hand stuff.

Shipping shouldn't damage it much because like I said before, it's a short process and it isn't stored like that for long periods of time. I don't know where you live, or where the warehouse is, but if it was very hot then it's possible. Take it to a store and exchange it there.

I many people people on /frag/ don't know what they're talking about. Last time some guy tried to tell people that high volume sellers on eBay are okay because they have 20,000 reviews of satisfied eBayers, but most people are just duped because they can't tell. Now some on here telling people it's okay to store your fragrance almost where ever like in a medicine cabinet or something. Play it safe and don't it. Get your shit that you paid good money for, and store it in a closet or drawer away from light and fluctuating temperatures.
>>
>>12566901
I would think a ten minute or less change of a couple degrees to the air around a bottle wouldn't do shit, even if it's every day. Even less if it's in a cabinet or something. And I work in a metrology lab, not HVAC.
>>
File: fragrances.jpg (188KB, 1803x1352px) Image search: [Google]
fragrances.jpg
188KB, 1803x1352px
My collection
>>
>>12567142
humidity/steam from the shower gets to the sprayer my man
you can act like its not a big fluctuation but assuming you shower daily that's big and the temperature is too, just accept that its not a good practice
>>
>>12567269
How's that D2 wood? Always been curious about it
>>
>>12564996
pls respond
>>
>>12564996
Xerjoff Mefisto. It has lavender, rose, and iris notes, but still feels very mature and masculine. Absolutely gorgeous summer scent, great mix of citrus and florals.

Shit's pricy, though.
>>
>>12567298
pure flowers? Hard to do that without getting into feminine territory, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having feminine frags.
How about just one dominant flower note?
For example, rose, try Cartier Declaration d'un Soir, or Burberry Brit if you want something more entry level.
If you like lavender try Loccitan en Provence EDT
>>
>>12567313
yeah not pure flowers, just flowery enough to be recognizable
>>
>>12567290

I like it and find it quite unique. However, it doesn't last long at all on the skin - just some hours in fact. That makes it a bit bad for an apply-once-in-the-morning-and-forget -fragrance.
>>
>>12567298

I'd recommend Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie, best rose scent I've ever tried. Shit's fabulous
>>
>>12567275
How, exactly? If steam "gets to the sprayer" then logically, alcohol, which has much lower surface tension and thus capillary action than water, must then *come out* to a greater degree. Luckily, it does not, so it does not. Because that is how an atomizer is designed to work.

Can you imagine if this secret got out? That people couldn't keep their frags in the bathroom? There would be outrage! Luckily, this isn't the case.
>>
>>12567314
"flowery" is a very broad category. There are hundreds of flowers that get used as notes. If you had a specific flower it'd help a lot.

In the meantime you can try Chanel Allure Homme. It has that that "garden" vibe.
>>
>>12567329
>Can you imagine if this secret got out? That people couldn't keep their frags in the bathroom? There would be outrage! Luckily, this isn't the case.

Don't know where you got this feaux outrage idea that you think was supposed to help your case.
Air does enter the atomizer, that's how a pump mechanism works.
>>
>>12564996
I love La Chasse aux Papillons. It's like you're in a field of lovely spring wildflowers...no homo.
>>
>>12567339
>Air does enter the atomizer, that's how a pump mechanism works.
WHEN YOU PUMP IT
>>
>buy sauvage
>see all these people talking about 4+ sprays

I sprayed it once on a shirt and I can smell it from like 4 feet away what the fuck
>>
>>12567334
looks kind of nice, how's it work in the winter?
>>
>>12567346
>what is oxidation
>>
>>12567364
the loss of electrons
>>
what's the perfume that has gotten you more compliments?
>>
>>12567353
mediocre performance but its got enough depth to withstand the cold with vanilla
>>
what's a good fragrance for winter? I'm a 22 yo male studying chimestry and pharmacy
>>
>>12567477
>pharmacy
mah nigga im taking the naplex on saturday
some anons recommended silver mountain water, but BDC is fine for college
>>
>>12565007
la nuit de l'homme is probably the shittiest most generic cologne i smelled
>>
amour nocturne is so nice... good job l'artisan parfumeur. definitely smells like being in france or italy at night and kissing your love under the fireworks. very colorful
>>
>>12567549
alternatively it smells like ... V for Vendetta the movie, watching the city of classical architecture on rooftop with fireworks

summer night time frag
>>
>>12567353
Other guy is full of shit. Allure Homme performs very well for me and it is a winter scent.
>>
Who here has experience with D.S. & Durga?
Their stuff sounds interesting (I like their marketing) but I want to know what /fa/ thinks.
>>
I've noticed at work I get the ocassional smell of my CK One and Mugler Cologne after 9 or 10 hours at a night shift.
Does this mean my skin will make other frags last long? Or am I smelling the skin scent that comes off my chest?
On that note L'eau D'issey lasts 12 hours on me, easy.
>>
I don't know how dead this thread is, but I'm looking for a specific fragrance based on a few notes, though I don't know exactly what it was. I just know it had notes of Vanilla, Leather, and Almond
>>
>>12568345
https://www.fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/
>>
>>12568345
l'homme ideal if i had to guess
>>
i need non traditional almost anti-perfume that can be found on luckyscnet HELP

i got ephemera already
>>
>>12568069
Very long lasting on me, subtle but definitely there in terms of projection. Scents themselves are nice, but they tend to hide beneath novel and off-putting top notes. Burning Barbershop is the worst offender in this regard, a very nice, calming lavender/vanilla once the initial burnt plastic note fades.
>>
>>12568525
what's ephemera?
>>
just got and tried on my Tom Ford Soleil Blanc. i really like this fragrance, but can't dissociate it from sunscreen which is a major bummer.
>>
>>12568973
update, hitting the mid/early base notes and it's diverged from sunscreen. has a strong tuberose, which is a note i neither like nor dislike. i'm hoping that tuberose doesn't become the main idea here, waiting for more coconut
>>
File: IMG_20170629_173018.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_173018.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Rate my collection
>>
>>12569089
pretty mainstream, but that's irrelevant for fragrance since hardly anyone will know what you're wearing or be able to tell that it is common. is that the armani code profumo? good choice, i liked that one a lot from a sample i had, really should buy a 10ml of it or something
>>
>>12569089
How is Prive?
>>
>>12569089
I prefer 360º Red fM to AdG
>>
>>12569113
Same, nice cheap summer scent
>>
>>12569099
Haven't used it since winter but it's nice. Creamy, whisky, leather, masculine. It holds for a long time as well on me.
>>
>>12569089
which ysl is that?
>>
>>12569144
looks like reformulated la nuit based on the colour of the juice
>>
>>12569144
La nuit de lhomme, first frag I ever bought
>>
>>12569155
is it shit? I've heard people describe it as a huge pussy magnet tho which is the only reason I'm interested although I've already got sauvage
>>
>>12569163
>i've heard people describe it as a huge pussy magnet
no such thing. go smell it anyways, you can sample whatever you want at a macys or nordstrom without having to buy anything, in fact you should go sample anything before you buy it. i have the 2015 version, it smells fine, but anything made after 2014 is reformulated and doesn't have very good projection, although i'm not sure about the 2017 version so that one could be fine.
>>
>>12569169
>no such thing

go to sephora and look at the six gorillion reviews of girls creaming their panties over frags
>>
>>12569176
there is no fragrance that will make you attractive. there are things that smell sensual/sexy, but that doesn't make you sensual/sexy for wearing it. wear what you like, wearing a fragrance just so grills like you is borderline autistic
>>
>>12562661
Kilian is real good man!
>>
Things you cant go wrong with:

Creed Aventus
YSL
DIOR Savage
Kilian
Jo Melone
Replica
Valentino
Spice Bomb
TOM FORD - ONLY THE NON UNISEX
Bottega
BYREDO
Acua di parma
Mont Blanc
Prada

Just to name a few.
>>
>>12569195
>TOM FORD - ONLY THE NON UNISEX
I don't know about this desu. I was significantly underwhelmed by Oud Wood. Tuscan Leather didn't disappoint, though.
>>
>>12569230
I have the old fashioned ideal that I wouldn't want be out in a club or in the city you name it; then having a women walk up with the same fragrance..
>>
>>12560438
Wellp it came in the mail. Smells like Azzaro Chrome mixed with a bubblegum accord. This shit is dank as fuck and I have no clue why they would discontinue this. I'm going to be rocking this all summer. I'm also happy that this is only known in the fragrance community, so people around me will not be wearing this.
>>
>>12569235
I was more commenting on that one can in fact go wrong with Tom Ford fragrances, even if they're masculine. I believe both Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather are not unisex.
>>
>>12569255
Go wrong? The majority of the fragrances are good, it really depends on what type of person you are. As you can see the list I made is very diverse, that what i'm known for, and women love it. You gotta find the stuff that suites you.
>>
I can get Amouage Reflection for 180.00 CAD. Should I cop? I like it a lot, but there were other frags I want a bit higher on my list. At that price, though...
>>
>>12569195
You mean margiela replica right? Which ones are the best?
>>
>>12569184
literally that is the point, I don't care what dudes think of what I'm wearing
>>
So I tested out the temperature change of a small bottle (CK One) after taking a shower. I put it in a wooden medicine cabinet. It's a pretty small bathroom and the shower lasted somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. The temperature of the bottle increased by about 0.7 °F (a little less than 0.4 °C). This was only a 10 ml bottle, so a larger bottle would change less. Take from this what you will. But if you can keep stuff stored in a cooler, darker location, that would probably be for the best.
>>
>>12569184
Wait just a god damn minute. Our sense of smell dominates our experience of situations and people. I think you're oversimplifying this. I know for a fact my opinions and feelings for different people and situations have been totally warped by how they smell/sound/etc.
>>
>>12569282
>margiela replica
Flying or by the fire place, check it out.
>>
>>12569356
As much as I feel the same personally about smell dominating our experiences, I don't think it plays as important a role in others.
>>
>>12569360
>>12569255
Nearly forgot Jazz club!!1
>>
>>12569350
>The temperature of the bottle increased by about 0.7 °F
>a larger bottle would change less
>if you can keep stuff stored in a cooler, darker location, that would probably be for the best
Does not compute. What exactly about the first two statements leads you to say the third?
>>
>>12569163
>>12569169
>>12569176
>>12569184
>>12569291
>>12569356
Has anyone ever met a girl they did not find attractive, but the way she smelled made her attractive to you? I myself have not had this happen, so I do not expect a frag to do the same for me.
>>
>>12569356
this man is right.
>>
>>12568835
ephemera by unsound

perfumer geza schoen
>>
>>12569577
This. The way someone smells won't make people like them. If someone already finds you attractive, then you smelling good to them will make you even more attractive to them.
>>
>>12569577
Perfume on someone I already know and not attracted to won't do shit, you're right.
But if I just met her 30 seconds ago? My impression has been warped by how she smells and every other gimmick under the sun desu. How she dresses/smells/etc. are part of the totality of the woman. Of course this doesn't apply if she's fat.
>>
File: 1498229749718.jpg (88KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498229749718.jpg
88KB, 1080x1080px
Does anyone have a personal fragrance that they are fully taken back and blow away from how good it is every time they wear it? I have about 8 frags many if which I love but none that floor me every use.
>>
Does Dior Sauvage smell like play-doh on anyone else's skin? On clothes or paper it smells good, but my skin just destroys it in the worst way.
>>
>>12569277
180 is okay but not bottom of the barrel considering i saw a vintage tester for 120 usd the other day on the frag swap group
>>
tfw new minimum wage job shitty job
tfw gonna waste 1.5 paycheck on 56 samples
tfw ill have 160 samples

it's just too good. also i cant greentext on this shitty keyboard i think

currently wearing regime des fleur bel epoq. a simple lilac flower smells better desu, more wholesome
>>
>>12569767
What samples are you most excited for? Which ones are the most iffy?
>>
>>12569768
most excited:
the UNUM ones
haute luxe and parfum de nuit 1 by roja dove
breath of the infinite by house of oud

most iffy: shay and blue watermelon

other than that im excited for pretty much all of them. i wonder if the owner of luckyscent smelled all of them
>>
File: sunshine men.jpg (74KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
sunshine men.jpg
74KB, 300x450px
Post your favorite bottles.
>>
>>12569800
First one to come to mind
>>
File: 122403.jpg (110KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
122403.jpg
110KB, 900x900px
Should I?
>>
File: Uomo.png (1MB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
Uomo.png
1MB, 946x946px
Anyone else fucking with this?
Never see it mentioned anywhere, warming & strong scent.
>>
>>12569577
I can't remember, but sometimes I find a woman attractive and the way she smells makes me find her more attractive.
>>
probably won't get any replies, but what's the correct way to apply a spray perfume? I combine two similar (from the same line, actually) perfumes, so I'm already covered in the roll-on department. I just feel like maybe I'm not wearing enough? I don't want to smell like your average teenager who finally could afford their favorite celebrity's perfume, but no one's ever said anything about it.
>>
is there a grown up version of black xs? I liked it but I grew to find it infantile
>>
>>12569767
retard
>>
>>12570044

the bottle and sprayer suck. The intense version might be worth it because it smells closer to the original formulation of DHI.
>>
>>12570252

try nasomatto pardon.
>>
File: pineapple-facts.jpg (58KB, 707x377px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple-facts.jpg
58KB, 707x377px
Want recommendations for pineapple dominant frags please, it's my absolute favorite note. I have
>Aventus- Creed
>California Sunrise- Al Muhib
>Pineapple vintage intense
>>
>>12570289
fuck off retard
>>
File: nd.16657.jpg (69KB, 300x395px) Image search: [Google]
nd.16657.jpg
69KB, 300x395px
>>12569800
Best on brand presentation while being a perfect representation of its scent, 30 years from now it'll still look cool af
>>
tfw started smoking again
tfw ordered 56 samples

ill probavly finish my pack of cig before they arrive
>>
>>12570370
keep spending all of your disposable your income on samples brokeboi
>>
File: IMG_0723.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>12569767
>>12570392
>>
>>12570044
Great scent! >>12569195

I mentioned it in my go to list!
>>
>>12570397
yeah and thats none of your fucking business idiot.
>>
>>12570414
if it isn't any of my business maybe you shouldn't be posting about it huh :^)
>>
>>12570397
This is now a financial planning thread
>>
>>12570418
where else do you suggest i spend my disposable income? i got all my bills covered already and i got pretty much everything i need. why is everyone so retarded
>>
>>12570423
maybe you could do something with your friends

oh wait
>>
>>12570425
dont talk to me about waste of money ever again if you suggest i should waste so much on a single night

everyone i know is retarded anyway but at least i got my samples
>>
>>12570399
what seems to be the problem.
someone enjoying a fragrances too much?
>>
>>12570430
pretty good b8 until this post, you really had me for a minute
>>
>>12570447
im not even baiting im completely serious
>>
>>12570455
post your sample hoard, if not nice try anon but it's time to stop
>>
>>12570466
i dont have my camera with me but everybody knows who i am
>>
>>12570507
you're not the real samplesperg
>>
>>12569765
Well, I copped anyway. Keep in mind, that's180 maplebux (so like 140 USD) and it's an unopened, boxed bottle. Not vintage, granted, but still a pretty good deal, especially if I don't want to fuck with potentially sketchy FB groups.
>>
>>12569723
has an off! bug spray vibe to me
>>
>>12570009
if you like sickly sweet scents maybe. I started to get sick of it after an hour or so.
>>
File: twisted-logo-web3.jpg (15KB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
twisted-logo-web3.jpg
15KB, 540x200px
Is twisted lily legitimate?
>>
>tfw I got complimented today by the cute cashier
>Had a little small talk too

Always a plus.
>>
>>12570578
Nice, what did you have on? How well where you dressed? I find I rarely get compliments unless I'm dressed proper for work, never on my lazy core weekend getup.
>>
File: SUCC.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SUCC.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>12570578
>TFW same thing happened but I was wearing two frags, one on each wrist and had a bit of one on my shoulders from way earlier

FUCK
I wish I knew which one it was
>>
>>12570251
I do 2-5 sprays, depending on frag, atomizer, occasion, etc. Most frags 3-4 sprays. 1-2 on chest for nice wafts from collar all day, 1 on back of neck, 1-2 on forearm(s). Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face/front of neck, to prevent olfactory fatigue. Under clothing mutes projection. On hair/clothing holds on to top notes longer.

Best to test application in more casual situations and best to ask others about projection, rather than rely on your own nose. And always err on the side of caution if unsure in more important occasions.

Can't really help you with roll on application...
>>
>>12570626

Bleu de Chanel.
I was wearing a navy t shirt and black jeans with dark brown boots. I wanted to incorporate the Bleu De Chanel color scheme (black and dark blue) into my outfit. The dark colors mesh well with the fragrance and the cloudy weather we had today.

I was making myself a coffee and I kept hearing her say something smells good, I didn't know she was referring to me though. When I stepped up to the counter she asked if that was my cologne, I said yeah, and she told me I smelled good, but I was taken aback because I only used 2 sprays and she smelled it so well. According to her, her nose is "weird" sometimes.
>>
File: aluminium-foundry-1.jpg (495KB, 870x596px) Image search: [Google]
aluminium-foundry-1.jpg
495KB, 870x596px
>Male
>24
>Lifter, 6'
>$150-ish range
>Engineer overseeing a metalworking plant

I have frags for the office, and occasions outside of work, but no clue what to wear whenever I'm working out on the floor.
Would be a nice bonus if it lasts long and can cut through the chemical smells of the factory.

Not sure if I should go for something fresh and clean, or masculine.
>>
>>12569195
>DIOR savage
SAVAGE DUDE
>Kilian
it's By Kilian
>TOM FORD - ONLY THE NON UNISEX
why, that's a stupid stipulation. most of my collection is unisex or women's fragrances, i wear what i like. i don't need your fragile masculinity telling me what's ok to wear
>>
Why is it that getting compliments on how I smell feels so much better than getting compliments on how I dress?
>>
File: y13278.png (539KB, 910x760px) Image search: [Google]
y13278.png
539KB, 910x760px
>>12562738
Late reply but I love incense so meh.
Sandalwood is pretty versatile so I'd definitely recommend it.
If you don't want your flat to smell like a hippie's den, you could try some lighter scents like jasmine, rose, vanilla, lotus, lavender, etc.
Personally I prefer heavier scents, which would be something like cinnamon, patchouli, Nag Champa, dragon's blood and such, but I can understand why so many people don't like them because they actually lead to some headaches.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (474KB, 572x449px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
474KB, 572x449px
>>12570705
TYSM ANON <3
>>
>sex
Male
>price range
<$100
>seasons/weather/occasions
summer, after dark on campus, house/frat parties
>special conditions
needs to be chad-level masculine without seeming like im compensating
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (86KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
86KB, 1900x1900px
>>12571306
>frat parties
>chad

protip: girls won't bang you because you smell good, find another way to cope with your autism
>>
>>12571338
>Implying that I'm trying to use a scent to pull more.

I want a scent to match my lifestyle, isn't that the whole point of getting a req?
>>
okay here buy this >>12571338
>>
>>12571347
>>12571346
>>
>>12571338
Chad could wear this and still receive more compliments than your $200 aquatic
>>
>>12557597
As a 24 year old male going to a university pub crawl (7pm-1am) which of the following should I wear (I own these already):

>1 Million Prive
>Gucci Pour homme
>Costume National 21
>Invictus
>Acqua Di Gio
>Hugo Boss
>>
>>12571366
Out of those, Invictus
>>
>>12571371
Cheers, I have samples of random things too, including Creed Aventus but I don't want to try too hard.
>>
>>12571360
you're not chad either so by defending him you just sound like a cuck
>>
>>12571402
you're butthurt because chad wanted a req. You're the ultimate cuck
>>
>>12571413
>implying chad browses 4chan let alone /fa/

that post was just some freshman who wishes he were chad
>>
>>12571346
>>12571413
>Samefag referring to himself as chad

Nice posturing.
>>
File: breath of the infi nite.jpg (90KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
breath of the infi nite.jpg
90KB, 300x362px
Magia Bois 1920 youth or Breath of the Infinite? Gotta pick between two sites and those are the only samples that aren't on both.
>>
>>12570881
Terre d'Hermes sounds like a winner here.
>>
>>12557597
Effeminate straight male; subtropical rainy weather; 100 USD max; I go out less than I'd like to, but usually to meet friends, and academic meetings; I liked lemon, star anise, lilac, lavender, raspberry. I rly like some fruity fragrances I noticed on girls; Idk what else to say, i'm a illustrator/painter, amateur violinist, try to be as elegant as possible, I'm kinda girly and sensitive, I used "Diesel Fuel for Life" for a long time, but now I want something less "sweet", kinda flowery. Idk if you rec me fem fragrances, I'd rly use Chanel no5 if I could
>>
>>12571135
because smell is more primal and may even indicate sexual attraction
>>
>>12571466
i personally want to try breath of the infinte somi would rec you that
>>
>>12571466
>>12571632
Breath of the Infinite is interesting. It does mostly smell like peach, though. You have to really like peach, or you won't like BotI. Smells almost a little like peach yogurt to me, creamy, slightly floral peach.

Not sure if it's worth the price that they charge for it, though.
>>
>>12571135
Because compliments on clothes come easy and are more socially acceptable/come out smoothly. Complimenting someone's scent out of the blue could be seen as more weird/personal, so someone REALLY has to like how you smell to say it, it can't just be a throwaway.
>>
Do you think people on ebay would bother faking creed samples? You know, the ones in the cards
>>
>>12571629
Bel Epoq by Regime des Fleurs

I really suggest you never take the price into account when you speak of fragrances. Otherwise you're making a mistake. Unless it's Haute Luxe.
>>
>>12571733
Well, they'd be really easy to fake. Just use legit cards and vials and just fill them up with something else/water them down. Not saying they're faked, I don't know, but it would be no trouble at all to do so.
>>
File: catshoji.jpg (38KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
catshoji.jpg
38KB, 550x733px
New thread:
>>12557593
>>12571847
>>
>>12571733
>>12571778
Except a counterfeiter's goal is to make money. If they can just as easily sell a full bottle for hundreds, why would one spend the same amount of time to create a sample that sells for $10? Same reason retailers don't bother to check if a $10 bill is counterfeit. No counterfeiter would waste their time to print them.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.