[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would you wear to a wedding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: casual-wedding-suit[1].jpg (94KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
casual-wedding-suit[1].jpg
94KB, 800x578px
what would you wear to a wedding?
>>
Anything other than a traditional suit is wrong, unless they asked for a meme thematic wedding which I wouldn't attend
>>
>>12557491
I'm sure you have a lot of wedding invitations you say no to...
>>
>>12557642
lol did i hurt your feelings? i'm sure nobody laughed at your casual suit, sweetie
>>
full rick
>>
>>12557648
Man, you're a real weirdo.
>>
>>12557481
The saying, "dress better than the bride" has never been truer. I aim for that.
>>
>>12557642
This is some pussy ass shit T
>>
>>12557654
Oh yeah I'm sure the guy dressing like he's supposed to dress to a wedding is the weirdo and not the guy dressing like in OP's picture.
>>
>>12557491
A jacket and slacks/chinos are fine so long as it's dressed up. Maybe even a nice knit polo if it's sweltering out, but that's pushing it.
>>
>>12557666
Where are you from? I just want to know in what country dressing like that to a wedding is acceptable
>>
>>12557481
Certainly not a fucking tee.
>>
>>12557481
a tailored suit. don't dress like you're going to an interview at a hip new start up.
>>
>>12557648
>sweetie

nice meem
>>
>>12557680
Finally someone who gets it. If you're poor and can't afford one just get the best fitting suit you can afford. You go to a wedding to celebrate and congratulate the couple, a way of seeing it is like in a movie, they are the protagonists and you and all the other people invited are the supporting cast. You wouldn't want to take attention away from the ones getting married. It's not the place to show your own style or whatever.
I suppose weddings in the tropics may have a different dress code because of the heat, but even then you wouldn't want to come up dressed in a flashy way, just wear what everybody else is wearing.
>>
>>12557481
Depends on how well I know the bride and groom and if I have a place/role in the wedding
>>
Depends on the season. Outdoors/indoors, etc.
>>
I was invited to a wedding this December in Paris. I was about to break out my tailored grey suit when the bride told me I wasn't going to wear that.

Apparently all the "cool" Parisiens wear mismatched blazers, skinny jeans and white sneakers to their weddings. The bridegroom included. I'm not joking. I had my mouth agape when she actually showed me pictures of bridegrooms in sneakers and skinny fit distressed black jeans
>>
>>12557858
As much as that would surprise me if true it really goes to show how important it is to dress like everybody else instead of trying to be clever or fancy.
>>
File: Lcdthisishappening.jpg (28KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Lcdthisishappening.jpg
28KB, 316x315px
Since you guys are talking casual, could I ask what type of suit this is? Is it just linen?
>>
Wear a blue or gray suit if there's no dress code. Follow the dress code otherwise. I suppose a linen suit is fine for outside summer weddings or the odd beach wedding.
>>
>>12557669
American west coast weddings are fuckin' extra casual. If you're attending one in a rural area, you'll see people in jeans.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.