[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Hair General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: long.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
long.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
Any tips for growing out long straight hair?

How do you stop your hair from getting greasy and nasty in the summer?
>>
Wash it?
>>
>>12545502
whenevr I go out in the heat my hair gets greasy as fuck whether it's been washed or not
>>
>>12545509
leave in shampoo perhaps
>>
Only wash your hair every few days and sleep on clean pillows. I generally shoot for every four days. When i take a shower between then I just avoid wetting my hair
>>
>>12545490
>tips for growing out
I started almost 2 years ago now, from a buzzcut. I'm probably 2 inches shy of your pic related length. It takes a good amount time since the norm is about 6 inches a year. Brushing it out and combing is a must and will help it grow. Also a good conditioner will help, not some bullshit super market conditioner but something you'd find at a health food store or a place like Alta (if you can stand that fucking yuppy shit store).

There is gonna be a few "awkward stages" where you'll look in the mirror and absolutely hate it but if you really want locks you just gotta let it grow through those.

>greasy and nasty in summer
stop shampooing. As gross and smelly as that sounds its actually the opposite. Your hair oils itself naturally. Adding shampoo then skipping a day causes your hair to over compensate its oil output, thus the greasy hair. Going without the stuff allows your hair to get back to its normal output. Its summer here and its humid as hell and I haven't had a greasy day yet.
>>
>>12546155
yeah, i got a haircut recently, my hair was about 12cm and now is really short

i will stop shampooing now so when it grows i wont need to wansh every day, which was the most time consuming thing
>>
Yeah

- use a comb instead of a brush
- don't use conditioner
- wrap in a towel and only finish it off with a hair dryer

Don't listen to the nasty fucks, just wash it once in the evening with normal shampoo.
>>
>>12545509
Had the same issue but after I ditched the shampoo-jew and adjusted to the no poo meme my hair is dry and brittle as fuck.
I smother it with leave in conditioner and moisturizer but it's not the same.
I just want my grease back ;_;

Still looks much better and healthier than when I
used shampoo everyday tho
>>
>don't use shampoo
>don't use conditioner
>only use shampoo
>use a brush
>don't use a brush
?????
>>
Question
I have long hair and it is rather thick but I've noticed that a good amount of hair falls out of it everyday. About 20 strands.
Is this just natural shedding and breaking from tangles?
>>
>>12546550
Ass backwards. Don't use shampoo. It literally fucks with the oils in your hair. Condition maybe 1-2 times a week. Water will do the trick. Motherfuckers have had long hair long before shampoo was around. It won't smell if you don't cause it to put out an insane amount of oil to make up for not shampooing after using that garbãge daily.

>comb don't brush
Both are necessary. Brushing not only makes your hair look longer but helps it grow faster.
>>
>>12546618
Its natural, the average human loses about 50-100 hairs each day.
>>
My hairline has receded a bit since I started growing mine a year ago. Any idea how to reverse or completely stop that, or should I cut it?
>>
>>12545490
If you can go no poo or not really depends on the water in your area, I have a water pH of something around 8 and an ec value of 0,8.
That means I have a crust of nasty shit in my greasy as fuck hair if I don't use shampoo after showering.
So I just wash my hair every 3 days with shampoo and it starts to get greasy on the 3rd day mostly where I just tie it into a knot.
>>
>>12545490
How often should you brush your hair?
>>
Is co-washing the long hair redpill? Gently cleanses the shit from your hair but is too mild to fuck with the oils and conditions it with natural ingredients at the same time.
>>
>>12547604
it depends but i think after getting up and before going to sleep is a good middlething, and also never brush when wet, they break much faster
>>
>>12546155
>your hair oils itself naturally
How long does this take usually. I gave up shampoo about a month ago and after 2-3 weeks my hair still looked incredibly greasy even with rinsing and combing. Was I doing something wrong or was it just not long enough time
>>
>>12548979
I'm sure everybody's hair dies this at its own pace. When does it get greasy? Like after not washing it or showering for a day? Do you still use conditioner regularly? I didn't really time how long it took per say I just sort of noticed it no longer got greasy if I skipped a shower for whatever reason.
>>
>>12547252
Same happened to me. I was curious to see if its because i wear my hair up a lot, but apparently that doesnt speed it up in the slightest. Guess i just got shit genes
>>
>>12549007
It gets greasy every 3 days or so which is when I shampoo and condition
>>
>>12545490
>Any tips for growing out long straight hair?

Yeah.

If you're a guy, don't.
>>
>>12548979
I literally haven't used shampoo in almost 3 years. I don't remember even having a period of time where my hair was greasy and had to adjust. My hair just went from feeling like straight up hay to being kind of soft but sometimes still dry.
>>
>>12548979
I remember someone saying it takes anywhere between 2-6 weeks to see results. I just buzzed all my hair off and stopped shampooing so hopefully by the time it has length ill be golden.
>>
File: hair.jpg (168KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
168KB, 1366x2048px
>>12545490
>Any tips for growing out long straight hair?
Step 1: Don't cut your hair for a while
Step 2: Try step 1 again
there.

Been doing step 1 for close to 4 years now. You'll probably need to trim the ends once in a while, but other than that there really aren't any tricks or tips other than the common "use conditioner, don't dye, avoid heat (flat/curling iron)" etc.

Maybe play in a rock band to utilize the long hair better.
>>
>>12549665
>what is insecurity in my fragile masculinity
>why am I balding
>>
>>12545490

>tfw you have the beard and facial structure, but a shit hairline, and will never be based longhair nordic god
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.