[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thrifting Clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: reveiwbrah.png (257KB, 423x571px) Image search: [Google]
reveiwbrah.png
257KB, 423x571px
Is thrifting effay? Tips on how to find good clothes doing so?
>>
>>12526955
>Is thrifting effay?
lol
>Tips on how to find good clothes doing so?
Luck + Time
>>
File: everything is there.jpg (559KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
everything is there.jpg
559KB, 1920x1080px
Don't be afraid to reach out and touch stuff. Material is really important. Also, always be looking for labels. Copped an orig. $70 Lacoste polo for $3 the other day.
>>
>>12526955
superior photoshop skills. Congrats.
>>
>>12526955
It just takes luck, find out when the thrift store gets in new shit, come on that day and dig deep for nice shit, I found a pair of true religions for 10 bucks once, a pair of surpreme jeans for 10 (That I flipped to a fuccboi/hypbeast for $100) and a north face windbreaker for 10.
>>
>>12527018
how do i find out when they get new shit?
>>
>>12527067
literally ask an employee they will tell you
>>
I've worked in a Salvation Army store. When someone comes and hands in a donation and it's really good: that particular store will put that on its own racks ASAP.
There is seasonal stock which is presumably all bagged in a big warehouse somewhere and the stores order random bags of it in preparation for the change in season.
Stores send inappropriate stock to be warehoused because, as you might imagine, people donate lots of warm weather clothes when it gets cold and vice-versa.
I'm pretty sure most of our best stuff was donated by Asians but I did work in a fairly Asian area.
So if there was a tip that didn't just involve time and luck I guess it would be go to stores near where Asians and/or rich people live.
The stores go by brand more than you may think. If something in good condition comes in but it's from Target: it may get sent to Africa.
Because how can they sell a shirt for $12 if it was originally $12? It's going to take up rack space and not bring in a good profit.
>>
>>12526955
Really depends what you want out of thrifting. If you're just looking for clothes to wear then yeah, thrifting can be great, especially for basics.

If you are just looking to resell shit then probably don't bother unless you're a really dedicated eBay seller that makes money over time on lots of small transactions.

I'm not into the whole '90's slacker thrift look so I pass over most of the shit I find at the thrift store. For me part of the draw is the digging to maybe find one really cool piece and I'm not really disappointed if I leave without buying anything.

Definitely don't fall into the trap of buying something just because of the name or what the retail price might have been.

It sounds like >>12526987 was stoked to find some lacoste shit so he bought it just because it was cheap. Maybe I'm wrong and he's gonna wear it all the time and be happy with it.

A few days ago someone posted an ugly ass sweater in recent cops and was super excited because it was Yves Saint Laurent. Everyone shit on him for buying shitty '90's ysl just for the brand.

The most important question is whether something has a place in your wardrobe.

I'm always drawn to texture and look of the material. It's quite easy to gauge quality based on feel alone.

Stuff like basic tees I've learned not to give two shits about. I'll pay three bucks for a run of the mill tee as long as it fits well and has a nice color. If it wears out I'll just get another.
>>
File: 14971726365131156459115.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
14971726365131156459115.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>12526955
Know what you want (requires taste and knowledge) and then browse ebay and other related used markets daily until you find the perfect size and color you want.
My coats and jackets are pretty much from second hand sellers from the internet, pic related gloverall long duffle coat like 50 bucks and is like new with no odours or surprises. Instead of shelling out 500-700 for a new one I could collect a whole rotation of these coats in every colour used.

Same for buying cars and designer furniture or anything in general. But stuff that lasts a long time and doesn't care if you aren't the first owner durability wise.

Physical thrift stores are pretty bad and waste of time in my opinion but depends on where you shop. Also my style is to research before purchasing so I don't like just to go look for random things and hope for the best.
>>
>>12527214
Coats are a great thrift opportunity. I paid fifteen bucks for a charcoal coat in crombie wool, made by some defunct tailor. It looks like it has never been worn.
>>
Tfw thrifted diadora polo and reebok classics for 15
>>
>>12527214
This.
>>
File: tumblr_o3689jlh291rozva1o1_500.jpg (107KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3689jlh291rozva1o1_500.jpg
107KB, 500x658px
>>12526955
what are good thrift stores in nyc?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.