[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I wear a tie bar to my graduation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

So my graduation is in two weeks, and being the socially awkward 19 year-old that I am I have no sense of direction when it comes to formal clothing. Nonetheless, I've brought myself a suit and tie with the help of some more fashionable friends and relatives. I was thinking of maybe adding in a tie bar, but I fear it's something that is way too formal and would be considered overdressing at that point. Is wearing a tie bar too much for both my age and the occasion? Forgive me if this is a stupid question, i just seriously have no idea what to do when it comes to ties and such.
>>
If you hafto ask its probly a no senpai
>>
>>12521894
If you are wearing a suit a tie bar would hardly make a difference. I dont like them though. Just make sure the suit fits well and try to enjoy yourself.
>>
You will have the gown over it won't you? So why does it matter?
>>
>>12521961
After the ceremony we'll go out and eat at a fancy place, we were told dress formally so I assume we'll be ditching the gowns
>>
>>12521968
In that case just wear the tie bar. If it makes you feel uncomfortable at the dinner just take it off and put it in your pocket.
>>
>>12521894
I'm getting massive deja vu. A tie bar is mostly for when you don't have a jacket or sweater holding the tie in place
>>
File: 2.png (43KB, 1932x836px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
43KB, 1932x836px
le degré maximum
>>
>>12521985
How come you're getting deja vu, have you been in a similar situation before? Would love to hear some advice if that's the case
>>
Your call, I personally stopped using them and also stopped using the tie keeper (loop on the back of the tie) as I like the nonchalant nature of it. If you choose to, 1) make sure the metal tone matches the rest of the metal tones you're wearing and 2) the picture is wrong, you should place it in the bottom red bar. The reason is that if you have your jacket off the tie doesn't land itself in your dinner, water fountain, ect.
>>
File: Critto.jpg (66KB, 320x327px) Image search: [Google]
Critto.jpg
66KB, 320x327px
pour les profanes
>>
File: Бeзымянный.jpg (22KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
Бeзымянный.jpg
22KB, 404x404px
from your friend with luv
>>
>>12521894
>19
>graduation
kys
>>
>>12521999
No, did you ask this a few weeks ago or on reddit or something?
>>
>>12522279
Nope
>>
>>12521894
Yes, absolutely wear one if you wish. There is no reason why it would be considered incorrect. If this were a decade ago, you might have received funny, even derogatory looks and comments, but nowadays, tie bars are more familiar to men wearing suits and ties. Even if the gown covers it (which it did for me), wear it. When you take off the gown, others probably won't notice it, or at least much, and maybe you will be complimented. It will in likelihood be a marker of a refined style.
>>
File: alien_brain.png (178KB, 395x351px) Image search: [Google]
alien_brain.png
178KB, 395x351px
>>12521894
Unless you plan on taking your jacket off you're not really supposed to be wearing a tie bar. Anways you're going to seem a bit tryhard if you wear one but it doesn't matter that much because you can just put it in your pocket if you dont want to wear it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.