[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you're a fashion schizophrenic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

>Wardrobe evenly divided between Yohji/Craig Green/CDG comfy-core on the one hand and ACG/SISP/ACRNM/Y3 tech-ninja urbex on the other.
Anyone else here like that?
How do you manage? One day it will be cool-ish weather outside and I'll dress like a nolstalgic vagrant. Another day it will rain a bit and I'll dress like an extra out of Deus Ex.
Do you have to pick one or the other or is is ok to not have any one style and live with one foot in each world?
>>
File: _ARC0065.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_ARC0065.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
I'm sort of like that but I don't have the money and expensive items to be as extreme as you are. I want to get into techwear but am worried that all my outfits of that style will look the same and that very few garmets from that style can blend well into other styles.

My wardrobe is pretty much a mish-mash of japanese streetwear and light comfoycore, which is pretty much just a few pairs of formal pants repurposed for daily wear combined with warm tops that are too big for me.
>>
File: 957460486731.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
957460486731.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
youre not a schizophrenic, you just dont know who you are, youre insincere
>>
>>12516185
>>
File: 821167_ou_pp.jpg (36KB, 390x585px) Image search: [Google]
821167_ou_pp.jpg
36KB, 390x585px
similar, except mine is a split between gosha/vetements/kappa/adidas and saint laurent/sandro/givenchy.

the first is generally for sportswear/comfort and the latter for anything casual or even formal, or just when i actually want to look decent

i've just accepted that i like some things which don't mix well or are very independent and different.

i think it's much better than limiting yourself to a more cohesive wardrobe... it is a bit like trying to stop listening to electronic music because "i'm a metalhead" or whatever identity you choose to attach yourself too

there are components of the influences of both styles i am fond of that are present in my personality. of course, one must be aware that clothes can project something... just be aware if it is purely costume to treat it as such, and not to change your behaviour or to be fake

like whatever you like, even if it's a lot of it
>>
File: 1496724265876.jpg (84KB, 342x329px) Image search: [Google]
1496724265876.jpg
84KB, 342x329px
>>12516289
>i've just accepted that i like some things which don't mix well or are very independent and different.
i think you should accept that youre just a typical hypebeast dude

>reddit spacing
>>
>>12516171
i feel like that as well. like i have these different clothes that all have some kind of connotation attached to them (goth-y, metal-ish black shirts and jeans; comfycore big hoodies and loose pants; etc.), and that any time i wear clothes that give off one particular style, i'm excluding all other interests from my "visual personality"
>>
>>12516289
>i've just accepted that i like some things which don't mix well or are very independent and different.
Sounds more like you've been dressed by the internet for the past couple of years.
>>
File: 05fd574a69e71360f464ec27e068b350.jpg (130KB, 800x1047px) Image search: [Google]
05fd574a69e71360f464ec27e068b350.jpg
130KB, 800x1047px
>>12516364
>>12516296

i said that mostly thinking about music. trying to understand how i have happy hardcore/goth rock/spanish trap on one playlist sometimes makes me wonder what the fuck i'm doing

i haven't been on /fa/ for a few years. i think /fa/ is much more driven towards sticking to one 'aesthetic' and it's not like i'm strict regarding any of the brands i mentioned. i think it's kind of important to realize not just that you don't need to be full gothninja 24/7 or whatever but that it's okay to just buy clothes because you like them and not because they fit with some kind of 'wave' or w/e

i like the previous photo and the one i've attached but they don't really mix
>>
>>12516425
I believe that you simply have shit taste in general
>>
>>12516451

thank you for your constructive criticism and insightful addition to the conversation
>>
>>12516425
DUDE your problem is that you see clothes as at surface value.

youre supposed to feel a connection towards a certain designer enough to the point where you want to be a part of the designers world and share in their vision. this is the thing that seperates the plebs who would rather mix and match cinzia araia and d.gnak instead of wearing full rick for example.
>>
>>12516459
>you see clothes as at surface value

yeah, i do, to a point. when thinking of clothes as art without context, only the physical beauty of them would matter. of course, clothing can carry a lot of connotation.

>feel a connection towards a certain designer enough to the point where you want to be a part of the designers world and share in their vision

and i do, once again, to a point. but i'm not within just one world and certainly not just in one designer's world. i love punk, psychedelic rock, played in a surf rock band, now live in LA, i mean i fit nearly in that capacity into the hedi saint laurent style which i love. but i am not just that. as a teenager i was into graffiti, skateboarding, sport clothes and sneakers. wearing such clothes is something i relate to, but it's not all of me.

i do relate to both styles, multiple designers and ideas. and as a person, we are each in ways things which don't seem to go together, but we don't need to force these things to merge. i don't try to do programming while i go skateboarding.
>>
>>12516459
>youre supposed
no you're not
"surface level" is just as valid as anything
you buy shit cause it looks cool at the end of the day
>>
>>12516171
Gotta keep em separated (I call that apartheid)

Just switch between the two depending on occasion
>>
>>12516180
>>12516289
like I look at other people's styles and even though they range from casual (jeans, tshirt, sneakers) through semi-casual (slacks, shirt, loafers) to formal (suit, dress shirt, dress shoes), their "styles" still feel cohesive
For me, it's like I have 2 different tracks that run in parallel for casual (which is what I mostly wear) and one of those tracks continues along for semi-casual and formal
It *feels* very schizophrenic. Especially when buying clothes for the season.
>>
>>12516171
I'm sure you could find a way to balance the two into some sort of dystopian future comfycore space tourist type of deal
>>
>>12516452

Dude, you listen to spanish trap, you obviously have shit taste.
>>
File: XAT-1245575903.jpg (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
XAT-1245575903.jpg
59KB, 300x300px
>>12516180
>My wardrobe is pretty much a mish-mash of japanese streetwear and light comfoycore
Nothing wrong with this desu, it's what I do. I don't have outfits of each style so much as I just mix them together.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.