[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will dressing fashionable help me with my depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1495435068530.jpg (37KB, 539x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495435068530.jpg
37KB, 539x412px
Will dressing fashionable help me with my depression?
>>
a little
but you have to go show it to people
can't just sit in your mom's basement with your sick fits
>>
>>12484945
Yes, it will build confidence
>>
90% of feeling good, is looking good.

Even if you have to fake it.
>>
It kinda works for me until I see someone with better genetics, who doesn't seem to put effort in her/his outfit and still looks great. Then I feel pathetic for trying and even hoping that I can somehow look nice. It's a great downfall from there, so kinda often I go around with my pyjams hiding in a huge parka, avoiding humans as much as possible. I still feel less than average no matter what I do, which makes me give up trying at all.
Most of the time depression goes with very low self-esteem among other things. What is your case?
>>
Depends on the kind of depression you have. Like can you still function and do the daily things?
>>
it helped me a bit but now i'm addicted to buying clothes
>>
Yes it will. At the very least, it won't hurt.

Don't fall for fashion, try to dress smart. Spend a few bucks in a stylist, get a GOOD haircut. Buy clothes that fit, preferably basic classics instead of ridiculous fashion items that will look odd on you and that you'll throw away next year.

With nice clothes you'll want to improve your personal hygiene and care.

Being somewhat groomed and nicely dressed triggers a different response in other people, which will be a positive feedback for you. You can lean on that and feel better.

Every person is a world, but that was my personal experience.
>>
>>12484945
Yes if you actually leave the house.
I bought new clothes thinking it'll cheer me up but since I never go anywhere or do anything anymore it's kinda pointless...
>>
>>12484945
impulsively buying stupid shit can work as a temporary thrill if you're sick of alcohol and weed
>>
no

the answer is no

any post prior to this one that said anything but the letters "n" and "o" in that sequential order is wrong

any post after this one is wrong too

the answer is no
>>
It feels alright now. Was depressed, got on some meds, but before that I was feeling good when I got a great fit together. Going outside, I no longer tilt my head to the floor as much. Started with terrorcore, now going hobocore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.