[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey if I were to revamp young-stalin.com what do you actuall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2017-05-02_11-27-37.png (43KB, 687x133px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-02_11-27-37.png
43KB, 687x133px
Hey if I were to revamp young-stalin.com what do you actually want to see?

should image infographics be abandoned for text ones? should it just focus on haircut images? are there different sections you would like? buying guides etc?

would you prefer if i consolidated info from the sticky or do you want it to serve a different function? do you want to be able to submit your own images/guides or would you prefer that not be a focus of the site? my idea for the website was for it to be community curated, people can submit their own stuff and it can be ranked according to votes. Should the be abandoned?

I'm sort of weighing up the options of how valuable of a resource it could be and if I should give it a go
>>
File: leo.jpg (47KB, 415x500px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
47KB, 415x500px
>>
>>12450002
It should be very clearly and well arranged place to link new users to, similar to /fit/ sticky.
Basic info about silhouettes, colors, what is good quality clothing.
I think the main thing lot of people miss is to dress for their bodies, having realistic image of your body is the key to everything.
>>
>my idea for the website was for it to be community curated, people can submit their own stuff and it can be ranked according to votes. Should the be abandoned?
I feel like that would be filled with garbage unless submissions were carefully combed through. I think >>12450270 pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>12450270

What I'm able to do is provide a website and somewhere to host information, what I'm not able to do is create that information, which is why the thing with the infographics worked.

I'm not really about the idea of saying "this is my idea of fashion, what fits, what looks good and what hair you should get", I'd rather provide a lot of different resources and give people the option of finding the best thing for them.

Back in yonder days people created lots of guides and images, do you think people will still do that? Do they still do that? I have 0 issue with making some sort of directory to host peoples info.

>>12450292
I'm open to doing this on a people submit->me checking it and approving it ->it goes live sort of basis if you think that would work?
>>
>>12450326
Just as long as there's some form of quality control. I'd hate to see it filled with meme getting upvoted or something. I think the only issue though is gathering new infographs/guides. Does anyone even make them like they used to?
>>
>>12450326
>Back in yonder days people created lots of guides and images, do you think people will still do that?

yeah that would be an issue. i wouldn't expect new OC to come
>>
>>12450326
>what I'm not able to do is create that information
To be honest, I don't think this place has the interest or the knowledge to create those kinda guides anyway.
>>
What can Young-stalin do that Tuxbell can't? Two stickies is too much and I think you'll create another forum to post on. Can pdfs, articles and books be hosted?
>>
>>12450769
I don't mind hosting anything that wont get my ass DMCA'd. I'm not really saying it can do anything that Tuxbell can't, that's why I'm asking if people want me to adopt some sort of functionality, or refine the existing functionality. If I'm gonna keep it going I want it to be useful.
>>
Let it die, it's an unaesthetic mess that has had zero mobile functionality on a board with some of the highest mobile usage.

The content is categorized retardedly it looks like some malaysian copied everything from a wiki and slapped it on some template from the 1989.
>>
>>12451935
I don't know if you understand what a thread talking about improving the functionality of the site means, but it largely includes things such as improving the functionality of the site.
>>
>>12450002
Not sure what I'd suggest at the moment, but when I first got into /fa/ a few years ago I found young-stalin to be very useful with its infographics. Maybe it could be better organized? Not too sure. Regardless, cheers for hosting the site, eased my way into this hobby.
>>
We need good information, not a slew of okay-to bs infographics and pictures. It may have gotten us through for years before but it's usefulness is all but naught now. As for the pictures and suggestions of hair and the like, I think it's more useful to have that be here on /fa/ as it is anyway.Maybe some general info and term definitions, but not "inspo hair dump #333445" But it'd be great to merge/replace tuxbell with a sticky that is a a great great great resource. Adding Mobile function as >>12451935 said is also a must. Most, if not all of us have browsed the board on our phones, and it's only getting deeper from there. importance on making it work and look nice through mobile is a must. What i'd love to see is a section dedicated to links and names of things. Even today there is trouble with links and the like. Having a page set up so that you can go through the links to find some sites you like and work towards your own style would be S+
>>
>>12450820
/mu/ told me if you name the files cryptic enough and use mediafire, you should be alright.
>>12454422
But where are you going to get the good information from? That mainly depends on users submitting and at this moment you shouldn't expect that. You could sift through the archive though.
>>
I wish /fa/ would make an updated version of all of those infographs, but we can hardly agree on certain stuff.
>>
>>12450270
>I think the main thing lot of people miss is to dress for their bodies, having realistic image of your body is the key to everything.
this is a good point. a lot of beginner women's fashion sites use the body shape thing as a starting-off point, but there's still at least some variety for males and it's not mentioned a lot. that's why we get all the "what if im a manlet with childbearing hips a bloo bloo" and the only response is "starve yourself fatty"
>>
>>12455107
On top of that, it's usually from the perspective of the person who ends up designing it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.