[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Thrift/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: top.jpg (416KB, 2048x930px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
416KB, 2048x930px
> Be me
> 18
> Still live at home
> Want to be /fa/ but have to rely on dad's money cause of all studying and 0 working
> Family is pretty damn wealthy but still won't accept any piece of clothing over 40/50 dollars, except maybe some huge exceptions in which they really love it
> I pretty much feed off Ross and Marshals

What do?

HOW DO I THRIFT SHOP PROPERLY
>>
lol my family is the opposite. they hate it when i buy clothes from thrift stores and try to tell me i look like shit. then they buy me some clothes from fucking banana republic and force me to wear them or else they yell at me or give me the silent treatment.
>>
>>12400120
I mean I have found some good quality clothing in thrift shops, it's just not the same having to adapt to what's available
>>
File: korean shirt.jpg (179KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
korean shirt.jpg
179KB, 960x960px
>>
>>12400063
Some general tips on thrifting: Never go into a thrift shop with an intention of buying a specific type of a garment. Additionally never buy anything that you don't love 100% only because it's cheap. Arm yourself with patience, learn on what days the new stock gets moved in and thrift a lot. Most of the times you'll end up buying nothing, but it's still time well spent as it gets you more familiar with difference in materials, cuts and stitching of various quality and from different periods.

I've probably left out a lot of important stuff I can't remember now, but other anons will chime in with their experience.
>>
File: Snapchat-741092587.jpg (83KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-741092587.jpg
83KB, 480x782px
Found this jacket at a Goodwill
The tag says
>"grapevines- they'll grow on you"
But i can't find anything about the jacket online
Does this happen often, and does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything or any information on the brand?
And yes i know it doesn't match this outfit at all, i just tossed it on for the picture
>>
>>12400120
that's not a matter of price but style since banana republic is cheap shit
>>
>>12400120
my parents are the same lol
>>
>>12401570
dude weed
>>
>>12400063
Get a job. It's not hard to balance studying and working.
>>
File: 1491414016938.jpg (159KB, 596x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491414016938.jpg
159KB, 596x574px
>>12402409
>just get a job bro, it's easy

how is a student supposed to compete with the other 16 million unemployed people desperate for work? retard.
>>
>>12402427
literally apply for jobs
>>
File: Screenshot_20170417-055605.png (291KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170417-055605.png
291KB, 1440x2560px
>>12402427
I'm the same age as you and I work in a fucking builders shop with no experience in the industry what so ever. Apply for jobs you lazy shit.

Also BTFO Franz
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.