[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grailed General - Basic Bitches Begone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: wYqaslIU.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wYqaslIU.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Discuss anything related to stories, scammers, fuccbois, authenticity, ect.
To sell your shit go here >>12380766

Also, Basic is now Core for some reason.
>>
What's a good % of initial list price to offer for an item if it's a few years old? Independent of what people are actually listing as a price. Is there any sort of rule of thumb akin to a used car 60% type thing to get a good deal?
>>
>>12392089
Why would make a Grailed thread without being able to sell you autistic cunt? This thread is going to die by tomorrow unless cucks can advertise their products you stupid fucking normie.
>>
>>12392333
>>few years old
Irrelevant 2bh. When I'm buying anything I don't really look at the year, I look at the condition and how hyped the piece is. By condition I mean is it pilling, what material is it, how do the tags look, is it fading in color, etc. When I say hype I mean how easy it is to resell. If it's an obscure item, I won't buy it unless it's a grail because I think of clothing as sort of an investment instead of a life long commitment. I'm not going to wear the garment until it's unwearable (most likely). I'll buy it, wear it for a few seasons, then resell it at a minimal loss or even a gain. We all make mistakes so when I try to experiment and realize it isn't for me, I resell it and take a loss but that's life. Also, make sure to keep everything in good condition. Clean shoes if they look dirty (~monthly, or 20 wears, or around there idk), follow the instructions on wash tags to the fucking T, and don't do stupid things like wear fragile clothing in harsh weather. I live in California and will only wear wool sweaters during rain when I have a coat to cover it up. Otherwise I'll have to end up dry cleaning the wool a lot more often and that obviously kills the lifespan.

>> Is there any sort of rule of thumb
Mmm for old items this is a lot harder since there won't be many references for it. In general, I think just knowing prices is best for this. It's really stupid to say, but it's true. If someone lists short-tongued Geobaskets at $550 but I know they sell at $350-400, I have something to gauge against. I think anything below 70% of the asking price is either an insult or a harshly priced item. 80-90% is where most sellers probably plan on selling their items for unless they're already fairly priced. Anything above is reasonable haggling territory on any item.

t. college student that can afford (((some))) designer clothing

P.S. Don't limit yourself to Grailed
>>
>>12392391
I was thinking age as a parameter to estimate number of washes, etc, which is why I mentioned it.

Where else would you suggest?
>>
File: FromJPN.png (17KB, 1157x149px) Image search: [Google]
FromJPN.png
17KB, 1157x149px
>>12392398
Ohh that makes sense. I'm not so sure on that, either. You could ask and hope they're the original owner but age isn't everything. Like I mentioned in my post, the wool sweaters I barely wash. And I mean maybe once a year or so. Then again, California doesn't give me the opportunity to wear them too often. I think Japanese magazines have some guides on how to estimate age using wash tags which is why I mentioned them, but I don't know enough to explain it in depth.

If you look up "consigment stores" on the search engine of your choice you'll get a nice starting list. I personally use Yahoo Auctions JP and Rakuten (please don't bid against for Cav Empt) but that's because I'm in love with Japanese designers right now. Their prices on things like Rick are stupid high. I think it's because of their tariffs but idk. You still find steals way more often on there than Grailed. Peep these OG Geobaskets that sold today for ~400, it's a god damn steal! Too bad their time zone is so different than ours. We miss out on these types of things.

I use From Japan to proxy my things. Here's what I got them from last month and how much it cost. The last item I haven't shipped yet. Once-per-shipment $4.50 fee then $5 flat fee on each individual item with an extra $4 each for insurance (optional), then you have to pay the Japanese delivery cost to their warehouse as well as international shipping. The month before, total shipping per item was about ~40 because I didn't want to wait to receive my items. It takes, on average, 4 days to get to me using EMS. This seems expensive but it's actually a lot cheaper then buying from the US/EU depending on what you cop. I got Raf Velcros for $96 shipped once. They were authentic, too.

Here's the Geobaskets I talked about: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bring-sg/5017c080018/
>>
File: image_4.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>selling mint condition visvim jacket for 50% of it's retail price
>say no lowballs, and give prices to post to other countries, (will cost me $50 to send to USA with insurance)
>get literally 10 lowballs, expecting me to accept 50% of what I'm asking with free postage
>they never say anything else
>they're always fucking americans

And on top of that
>Grailed expects me to pay 12% of the selling price to use their shit service
>>
>>12392465
For you and just a question in general, what percentage do you consider a lowball?
>>
>>12392089
fuck you and your site, you shill cunt
DUDE PAY US 10% OF WHAT YOU SELL YOUR ITEM FOR JUST BECAUSE YOU HOSTED YOUR PICS OF YOUR ITEM ON OUR WEBSITE
>>
>>12392476
I'd say 75% but it depends on how long its been up, hoe any people are following it, the condition etc..

I don't get annoyed if someone messages me and says "hey man, I've been watching these shoes for a while but they're out of my price range. Would you be willing to settle for $X?"

But if BigNigga420 messages me a low ball, with no message, and the messages "baka" 3 days later when I don't respond I'm gonna be pissed off and probably block them
>>
Whats with people taking forever to ship? ffs just send that shit to usps, it takes like 10 minutes. Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>12392498
I kek'd pretty hard at this
>>
aight then, I'd like to warn sellers about the user Cena (https://www.grailed.com/cena). As a buyer, he abused Paypal dispute to get a free refund - claimed the item was damaged, but sent them back fully intact.

Paypal didn't care, and grailed is taking their sweet time (right now 3 weeks) after I first contacted them directly.

Meanwhile I also made a rebbid account to whine on their subreddit, and they're again slacking. Go ahead and take a look at the evidence I provided and tell me that guy didn't scam me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grailed/comments/63ki87/fraudulent_buyer_abuses_paypal_dispute_to_get/
>>
>>12392498
I sometimes wish I could filter Grailed by melanin level.
>>12393206
Am I missing something here? Aside from tainting your rep and a time hassle, it hardly seems like you were scammed out of money if you got the product back. Hes probably just a mong who doesnt know shit and wasted your time and energy but aside from that, I'd say cut your losses, tell him to fuck off, and sell them to someone more competent.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (164KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
164KB, 1600x1066px
I'm tempted to sign up to grailed to sell pic related which is a size too small for me. Will New Balances like these sell there or should I stick to eBay?
>>
>no grailed android app
>>
>>12393213
>tainting my rep

Why is that? Grailed did already undo that purchase, and the buyer didn't leave a negative feedback to begin with.

It's not just injured pride, it also hurts the reputation of Grailed as a trustworthy market place with its self-proclaimed "zero-tolerance policy".

> I'd say cut your losses, tell him to fuck off, and sell them to someone more competent.
Already done.

I did learn something out of it at least. From then on, upon each sale I
1) make and store photo evidence of the package before shipping for like 2 months
2) track the package myself and contact the buyer upon arrival, politely asking if everything's okay

I hope that further minimizes the chances of such a thing happening again. If someone is dead set on scamming, they'll do it regardless, but I might be able to sway people who're considering but not yet daring to scam.
>>
>>12393332
Are you gonna post this in every grailed thread? There are scummy people everywhere not just grailed, that's just life
Dude didn't even really scam you, you lost nothing
Tf you want grailed to do, it's all through paypal and they have hundreds of other real cases to look at
You're obviously a new seller, hurts when someone fucks you over for the first time, but you'll get over it
>>
>>12392333
if it's a few years old, I highly doubt the seller would even be responsive. Unless it is a select designer piece or something worth at least $1,000, the owner I presume would have completely forgotten about their listing at all
>>
good thread
keep it up guys
>>
>>12393357
age of the item not the listing ya goof
>>
>>12393353
nah, last time I promise.
anyways, as long as that dude doesn't get removed, other sellers might potentially have to go through all the same trouble with him as a buyer
>>
please think if /fa/ really needs another general before making one :(
this is a bad thread no offence :/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.