[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General. Post everything related to skin care ITT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 39

File: 1491312451318.jpg (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491312451318.jpg
65KB, 300x300px
Skincare General.

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

FAQ:
General Guide: http://hastebin.com/raw/wojuyazibo
Dark circles: http://pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants, and synthetic detergents: http://pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Popping pimples: http://pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: http://pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf
Skin tone and diet: http://hastebin.com/raw/ehesotajaf
Causes of acne: http://pastebin.com/tudaKWmN
>>
Anything like Sunday Riley thats okay with sensitive skin?
>>
>>12377401
this needs more insight plz
>>
>>12377748
what do you need to know?
>>
God fucking dammit it's so unfair. All my friends have perfect skin and they do NO skin routine. I slave away and still have shit skin. Fuck my genetics.
>>
Does anyone know if Cosrx fixed the pH in their BHAs
>>
I get acne in the winter. I have clean skin when I'm on a holiday with lots of swimming and sun. Yet, I like in England.

Is there any way I can use this knowledge to my advantage during the winter?
>>
currently day 6 on the caveman regimen. i think its working... oilyness kinda reduced.
>>
>>12378648
Same. I got fucked over completely, my GP won't get me a dermatologist appointment (as apparently """""""""it's not that bad""""""")and my skin got even worse when I changed diet to escape the Auschwitz prisoner mode. Fuck my skin and fuck nhs.
>>
File: IMG_2823.jpg (75KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
75KB, 640x701px
This is my skin, never had acne (I don't like cheetos (all that kinds of snacks. I hate soda. Anyways, how much Km should I run per week to lose facial fat?. The only skin product I use is sunscreen sometimes.
>>
File: aveeno.jpg (39KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aveeno.jpg
39KB, 1000x1000px
pic related is good shit for dry skin
>>
>>12379588
cool. that makes sense from a scientific point of view

>>12379658
if you're interested in losing weight, then see /fit/

how much you need to exercise depends on your daily energy intake.

you cannot target any specific area for fat loss.
>>
File: 20170408_183132.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_183132.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Yo boys. Do I have terrible skin or am I just ugly? Send help.
>>
>>12379782
I already know that fool I just want to know how many km, my friend says run 5km 3 days a week
>>
>>12379805
Ugly af brah
>>
>>12379810
how much you need to exercise depends on your daily energy intake.
>>
>>12379805
Don't listen to this faggot >>12379874
You're not ugly at all and you have average skin.
Just smile more
>>
how do i get rid of shitty eye bags
>>
>>12379893
>Just smile more
Fuck.Was that inentional?
>>
whats the best way to fade acne scars?
I don't breakout anymore, and there's no physical blemishes left. Just looking for a way to fade the red pigmentation.
>>
>>12379998
Seems the consensus is to use laser for red PIE.
>>
What's a good moisturizing sunscreen that doesn't have a high spf?
(I live in a colder country, so anything less than 50 spf)
>>
>>12380530
Literally just buy a moisturizer and sunscreen separately.
>>
>>12379810
go to /fit/ you sawed off hobbit
>>
>>12379633
Go to a different doctor. Your doctor should be able to prescribe even a retinoid for you to apply to your skin. Can't you see a dermatologist without a referral?
>>
>>12379924
I am going to get Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream and see if it helps me out - my eyes are starting to show age with some slight bags and wrinkles forming which I'd like to reverse.

It's very expensive but I've heard so many good things about it that it's worth a shot - I just got a bunch of samples off ebay to see if it works first (find genuine sellers).

I don't have bad eye bags though, but it might work for you?
>>
>>12379998
Retinoids, vitamin C serum, or azelaic acid.
>>
can't afford real skincare products, so i've been applying aloe to my face

is this going to help with clearing up acne scars or am i just making my face worse?
>>
>>12381573
Even cheaper ones like Cetaphil, Cerave, or Hada Labo?
If you're poor, first priority is to get a better job.
>>
File: 1489585807301.gif (688KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
1489585807301.gif
688KB, 664x714px
Daily reminder to USE FUCKING LOTION
>>
>>12379893
Don't lie to the mongrel...

It's bad eugenics.
>>
Did 3 microneedling sessions, hope to see results in 6-12 moths after last one. If necessary, maybe I will do a 4th.

I got the PCS(acne controlling) solution during the sessions.

Does anyone know will rinsing hair with water only regulate the sebum production of the scalp? I on currently experimenting with it and try not too shampoo at all.
>>
I have very pale skin. I don't have pimples/acne anymore, not really, but my skin is pretty red around my cheeks. Suggestions?
>>
File: 2251274.jpg (40KB, 384x800px) Image search: [Google]
2251274.jpg
40KB, 384x800px
what exfoliator do you guys use?
pic related for me, twice a week, seems to work well
>>
I exfoliate and moisturise. I still get dry skin on face. When i workout i start to get spots . What am i doing wrong
>>
>>12377483
>Sunday Riley
The bitch that runs that company is autistic
>>
i feel like i made a big mistake. i noticed some nose hair sticking out so i gave it a trim. but then i went to town in my nose, trimming any hair i can at diff angles. now a month later, i believe my nose hair is growing, irritating my nose. i think the hair nose are sharp. how do i go about this problem?
>>
>>12382420
i use this one but my skin is shit-tier so it may be time to try a new one... what moisturizer do you guys use?? all the ones I've tried seem to make my skin oily and produce whiteheads
>>
>>12377401
I'm on accutane will my skin clear up in the next couple months enough for the girl I'm in love with to want to make out with me

It's the beginning of month 4 and its finally showing signs of remission
>>
going to work at a fried chicken place for some extra money before I go off to college out of country
how do I maintain my skin while working there
>>
>>12383465
Accutane is like a 2 year long treatment. Girls don't really care thaaaat much about acne as long as you are clean everywhere else, smell nice, and have a good attitude.

Good luck. Don't fall in love too much if you're not a couple yet.
>>
i'm a luchador and recently, I have been getting acne, so I think it's due to my mask; I wash it every day, and I use cera ve moisturizer once every two days but all it's doing is slowing growth, not improving my face
>>
File: Snapchat-1106160639.jpg (416KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1106160639.jpg
416KB, 1080x1920px
at the end of my routine at night I use skinorem (recently started putting moisturizer on after cos my skin gets dry and itchy)

after my morning routine I use stridex.

would it be a bad Idea to trynuse these consecutively at night ? so stridex , wait 30 mins then skinorem then my moisturizer?
>>
>>12383626
Wait I thought it was like 8 months

Also its not about how much they care its about the confidence to ask them to do something.

Like for some reason I had a miracle clear skin week for the few days I hooked up with her like a month ago but then it went back to being bad so I haven't talked to her much since
>>
>tfw freshly shaven after a shower and applied moisturizer

Ahhh such a good feeling
>>
>>12379998
Vitamin C serum (girls use it on their bikini lines to fade out scars from ingrown hairs)
>>
>>12382420
Mah choices: Pauaschoice BHA liquid (chemical) or Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate for (physical, but $$$)

>>12382846
I would offer to go easy on the scrub exfoliation (limit it to once a week if you're super desperate) Do NOT use anything with retinol/retinoids (skin flake city) and double up on the hyaluronic acid (use something like Hydraluron to prep your skin before using an ultra-bland moisturizer, I don't care which one, nothing in a jar ideally. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil before you do any of these things (and before/after workouts but you're probably already doing that)

>>12383370
I hate moisturizers because 99% of them make me break out in CCs or whiteheads or red spots or some bullshit. I feel your pain. The only ones that seem to work for me are (in price ascending) Nivea Soft, Clinique moisture surge txtended thirst relief, and FAB ultra repair. But I long for the day of a HG brand that I'll use until I die.
>>
>>12384118
it's different for everyone, i was on it for 3 years, some people 6 months, some 8. firstly, try cutting out EVERYTHING that may be affecting your skin from your diet (try sticking only with vegetables, rice, chicken, oats, some fruit) for a while and see how you react.

mine actually came back after i went of accutane, i was kinda done with life at that point thinking there was no cure, it was actually here that i learned the only thing to fix it was diet and it was the only thing that properly worked. as a bonus you'll be a lot healthier in general.

also, if you go on accutane make sure you dont pick at/pop any spots at all, your skin won't be healing as well as normal and it can cause scarring. i'm about to get several radio frequency needle treatments done for that reason.
>>
any recommendations for a daily face moisturizer with spf?
>>
>>12384243
Why not, you know, just buy separate moisturizer and sunscreen?
>>
>>12384221
I kept telling people, eat more vegetables. Shit skin comes from skit diet.
>>
WHY IS MY FACE GO FUCKING GREASY I WASH IT LIKE EVERY 4 HOURS
>>
>>12384451
murad mattifier is the answer. stop washing it so much, that will be making it worse. wash it once in the morning, put on mattifier and wash once at night.
>>
>>12378662
Don't think so. They pretty much just said "it should still work" which is a bit sketch to me
>>
>>12383370
Go for a chemical exfoliant (AHA) as opposed to a scrub
>>12384451
You're possible drying it out and causing overproduction. Try using a thicker moisturizer at night and a lighter one during the day, and blot oil with sheets or brown paper towels if you need to
>>
Dermatologists gave me a routine:

Vitamin a 10mg
Cefuroxime 250
Clindamycin gel
Cetaphil
Galderma whitening Cream for dark spots.
Moisturiser + spf 30

Rate the routine. Also what are some good moisturiser sun blocks, for sensitive skin. Also should i discontinue using bha exfoliation?
>>
Thoughts on Arbone Intelligence Thermal Fusion Hair & Scalp Revitalizer? Top of sides started receding, I'm 20.
>>
>>12385367
Unlikely to help. But who knows.
>>
>>12384221
>>12384450
I don't eat a whole lot of vegetables. My diet is a lot of meat and bread with some fruits mixed in but I'm trying to make up for it by drinking a can of V8 every day. I'm pretty good about limiting sugar intake. I rarely eat sugary snacks and I stay away from soda.
>>
thoughts on Bioderma skin-care products?
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (887KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
887KB, 2576x1932px
I've had some really stubborn acne on my chest for a while now and I shaved it recently to see if that would help out and it did to some degree.

Now I have these red marks on my skin that won't seem to dissipate. They are completely flat and there's no puss/bleeding and they don't seem to be forming scabs.

Any ideas what these are exactly and what I should do about them? Thanks guys
>>
File: milia-below-an-adults-right-eye.jpg (33KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
milia-below-an-adults-right-eye.jpg
33KB, 700x466px
Anyone know how to remove milia?
>>
File: 1480100714900.jpg (85KB, 684x770px) Image search: [Google]
1480100714900.jpg
85KB, 684x770px
Hey hey guys.

Could those who have/had oily skin post their routine and products they've had success with? I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been struggling to find products and a routine that I will stick with and sometimes I feel I fall victim to the mistake of applying too many products at once that then irritate my skin more.

Also to clarify, the correct product type order is:

1. Cleanser (usually done in shower with Cetaphil gentle cleanser))
2. Toner (I use Witch Hazel)
3. Exfoliate (I use the red Stridex SA pads)
4. Moisturizer (I use Cerve sensitive skin lotion)

Thanks for any feedback guys
>>
>>12386290
Skincare is crapshoot. Just try it.

>>12386900
Time heal all.

>>12386915
You can try Stridex on clean skin before toner.
>>
>>12386983
Alright thanks, I'll try:

shower cleanser>stridex (wait for it to dry) > Witch hazel (wait for it to dry) > moisturizer

At night I usually but benzoyl peroxide (5%) spot treatment after everything if there's especially bad spots
>>
Anyone have experience with Vitamin E Oil for skin care? I've seen a lot of talk about its benefit but couldn't find any real results. I don't have acne at all, or even many scars. Only small scars I want to remove and thought it would help.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing a regime with it to see if it works and will take pictures for results. Just wanted to ask first in case someone had already tried it
>>
File: 170102-Lil-Uzi-Ps-Qs-800x600.jpg (99KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
170102-Lil-Uzi-Ps-Qs-800x600.jpg
99KB, 800x600px
Is taking two showers a day too much? If I go to the gym I definitely shower right after, but even on the days I don't I tend to take a shower about 1-2 hours before sleep and then another one when I wake up.

Is this alright? Thanks guys
>>
>>12387119
It's BS. The reason why people resort to home-dermarolling is because there is no affordable and reliable solution for acne scars.
>>
>>12386915
stop using soap when you shower. shower less frequently/shorter times. Went from acne freak to clear magically. Also don't use shampoo just conditioner unless you get dandruff use some head and shoulders. inb4 puberty 24 and only been about 2 years of clear skin trying everything before accutane. Inb4 smelly, use elbow grease, pun intended
>>
File: NW-Day-Cream-1-size-3.jpg (20KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
NW-Day-Cream-1-size-3.jpg
20KB, 590x590px
>>12383370
I use this one, my skin doesn't overload with oils for a whole day with this.
>>
>>12386900
Looks like ingrown hairs to me, scrub with a loofah regularly to exfoliate your pores so dead skin and dirt don't block it.
>>
>>12379998
Tretinoin. You can buy this at your local pharmacy.

>>12381392
>>12384142
>vitamin c serum

Does this work on anus? I know having a dark ass is normal but it really bothers me.
>>
>>12385733
cheers
>>
I spoke to my doctor today about my acne, and they told me to take 100mg of Doxycycline Sandoz daily and to rub acne effected areas with Duac. Any of you anons have experiences with these treatments? Its my first GP recommended treatment so I am hopeful for good results.
>>
coconut oil
>>
>>12387963
>Tretinoin. You can buy this at your local pharmacy.
Thought nothing helps with red pigmentation outside of laser.
>>
>>12383809
bump
>>
>>12385060
I have been using clindamycin gel since last November; shit is fucking ultra super mega gega GOAT. Hopeful that you'll witness the same results I did.
>>
>>12387139
I take two a day. The first one is mostly novelty to start the day, and I don't shampoo or use soap on the body except arse and armpits. Everything else is taken care of.
>>
>>12388428
Awesome. Were you using it with anything, such as benzoyl peroxide?
>>
>>12388333
Just be conservative. Skinoren should be milder and pretty much providing similar results to Stridex. Also cheaper.
>>
How do I dry out a pimple?
I have goddamn mt. fuji on my nose and it keeps refilling i have to squeeze -gently and sterilized of course- every 12 hours or so.
>>
>>12388449

Nah. My regimen included it along with a zync oxide mask and an exfiliator called Betagranulos which is unavailable in the US, as far as I know only in Latin America. All else were the staples of a skincare regimen: cleanser (murad for acne), and SPF50 shit.

Doc also suggested not consuming dairy, spicy foods, and junk, processed foods. This advice I adhere to, save for the spicy food because I fucking love salsa. Self made of course.
>>
How do i stop ingrowth on my beard? Whenever I shave i get ingrowth and then hair follicles become pimples
>>
>>12388727
Don't shave completely against the grain. I do a pass through with the grain, and then sort of sideways and I do just fine. Who knows though, ask your derm
>>
>>12388727
is your facial hair really curly like a black person?
get a safety razor and dont pull the skin tight.
you have to sacrifice closeness of shave, so the hair cant get under the skin.

alternatively buy a good beard trimmer with a really close setting
and just keep your shit in +12 hours after shave mode.
>>
>>12388735
>>12388746
I don't shave against at all. My hair is straight
>>
>>12388766
you might be accidentally shaving against if you're getting them on your jawline or neck. for instance the hair under my jaw bone actually grows toward my ear. so when I pull my cheek skin up to swipe that area I go towards my ear with the grain.
I got ingrowns a lot in my teens before I started doing that.

either way ingrowns come from shaving too close for one reason or another. try an astringent too to get rid of any inflammation post shave to attempt to keep the hair away from the pore.
>>
>>12388572
benzoyl peroxide and then a small bandaid on
>>
>>12388670
>spicy foods

strange. there's no evidence for it that I've seen.
>>
>>12388832
A lot of skin care is pretty much broscience.
>>
>>12388727
BHA. Or shave better.

>>12388572
Hydrocolloid patch.
>>
i just discovered burning my nose hairs with a bic.

just hold it away (i have a mustache, so I have to hold my mustache down and away), and then sniff up the flame, and sizzle
>>
>>12388858
That's what butchers do.
>>
>tfw you have eczema
my whole body is covered in hives
fuck you guys I didn't ask for this shit
>>
>>12388837
well, I was just wondering because a Doc had specifically asked him not to eat spicy foods... I wonder what he knows about it...
>>
>>12388839
Can bha be used with other skin care products such as clindamycin and Kojic acid?
>>12388888
>>12333333
>>12222233
>>
>>12388890
It's certainly due to my personal past experiences with food and the reaction I have to them. A personal recommendation, say.
>>
>>12384161
Paula's Choice BHA liquid is fucking god tier

It almsot lasted me for a year and made my skin heaven
>>
>follow regimen
>get clear skin
>still have chubby cheeks

ah well.
>>
File: IMG_598.jpg (1MB, 1539x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_598.jpg
1MB, 1539x2048px
pic was taken 2 weeks after 2 weeks using Tretinoin.
>>
File: 414PR3HEW3L.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
414PR3HEW3L.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
any tips for dealing with bacne? been using pic related for a few months now with little to no results.
>>
Does a Apple Cider vinegar solution help to get ride of dark spots and breakouts?
>>
>>12379998
just use sunscreen bro, red pigmentation goes away on its own given that you've protected it from the sun
>>
>>12389978
Don't wear tight clothes, use anti-bacterial soap and scrub with a loofah then use a moisturizing body wash so your skin doesn't dry the fuck out.
Also moisturize your back with lotion, if you find your back oily even after with lotion then stop applying lotions, don't forget to switch out your sheets and pillows more often.
>>
>>12385733
Btw are you implying that most likely no ramifications can happen through use of said product? It's either going to help or not, but that's it.
>>
File: IMG_20170412_171320_01_01.jpg (1MB, 2325x3094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_171320_01_01.jpg
1MB, 2325x3094px
Any advice for red cheeks? I just want a normal skin tone desu
>>
Just dropping in to let you guys know that aloe vera cream cures EVERYTHING.
>>
>>12391336
If you don't know what's causing it, use a green colour corrector. NYX has a decent one for the price, if you don't want to spend a lot on it
>>
>>12391336
wash with cold water
>>
>>12391436
So no hot showers?
>>
>>12391439
well you can, it's just not ideal
>>
How do cure my oily skin? Will washing my face less and moisturizing help?
>>
>>12391447
do you have a routine?
>>
>go through a routine in the evening
>face is moisturized and therefore slightly oily and sticky
>go to bed
>skin sticks to a pillow and leaves marks on bed sheets
What do? Putting a towel between a pillow and my face is probably a bad options since the towel has this rough texture. It'll only irritate the skin more.
>>
reminder that /r/skincareaddiction is better than here
>>
>>12391449
I wash my face in the morning and night with Cerave SA Renewing cleanser.

I use Kiehls Blue Astringent lotion as a toner.

I moisturize with Gold Bond Men's Everyday Essentials Lotion.

For sunscreen I use Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Sunscreen.

I spot treat acne with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
>>
>>12391336
you probably have rosacea.
see a doctor.
>>
File: HTB1yG3xHXXXXXabXXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg (84KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1yG3xHXXXXXabXXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg
84KB, 650x550px
about to cop the facial ice pack from ali (under $15 ship'd) for my morning puffy eyes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Face-Care-reusable-hot-cold-gel-face-mask-gold-Facial-Mask-tourmaline-gel-beauty-health/1996413795.html

thoughts? any underwater rocks?
>>
File: HTB12bqwHXXXXXaqXpXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg (67KB, 650x420px) Image search: [Google]
HTB12bqwHXXXXXaqXpXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg
67KB, 650x420px
>>12391591
is its size large enough for a dude face?
>>
>>12391517
>Kiehls Blue Astringent lotion

Get rid of that.
It's full of alcohol that dries out your skin which causes oiliness.
>>
"muh natural ingreediunts"

Not kidding. Wearing raw honey on my face all-day and all-night for 4 days has done more for my skin than prescription antibiotics/exfoliants/retinoids have done in 1 year.

Go to your farmer's market and buy some raw honey, slather that shit on your face.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x616px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x616px
anyone know any good products for getting rid of dark circles?
>>
Gonna start routine soon, aiming to reduce PIE + these red blotches I have either side of nose. Consists of; warm (not hot) shower, cleaner + niacinamide + moisturiser w/ sunscreen

sound good, any additional steps i could take? things seem to cancel each other out though, so trying to keep it simple
>>
>>12379658
>how much Km should I run per week to lose facial fat?

Thats not how it works.
>>
>>12384161
find the type skin you have first, you might have oily skin
>>
>>12384243
cetaphil is god tier, they have ones for oily skin dry skin combo skin.
>>
>>12384450
you dont need to eat veggies to get good skin. just cut out milk products theres an obvious link between acne and milk. also take care of your skin with the right products
>>
Went to Walmart today with a list, was going to grab the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, turns out I'm retarded and accidentally grabbed the Equate offbrand.

Am I fucked or will it still do the job?
>>
>>12385060
use Cetaphil moisturisers
>>
>>12386900
those look like scars from the acne
>>
>>12387139
it wastes water, but thats it
>>
>>12391461
get a soft towel and use a moisturiser for oily skin
>>
>>12392475
not him
but how does it work
>>
File: dotsdotsdots.jpg (62KB, 794x386px) Image search: [Google]
dotsdotsdots.jpg
62KB, 794x386px
anyone know how to get rid of dark/pink dots like these? have them almost exclusively on the back of my calves and the back of my upper arms. i've honestly had them as long as i can remember. they seem like hair follicles (i guess?) but hair doesn't come out.

(sorry for the gross pic, i shaved my leg a few weeks ago to try exfoliating/scrubbing, obviously it didn't really help)
>>
How is Tiege Hanley?
>>
>>12392468
You should be exfoliating with a BHA then an AHA!

>>12391464
this this this

>>12391461
get a different moisturizer. it should be absorbing into your skin
>>
>>12383809
you have absolutely no reason to be using an exfoliator in the morning, what the fuck?
>>
>>12392959
Idk man, it kinda works. But in terms of combating spots it's pretty much all I've got so idk what else I'd use
>>
>>12392801
You may have Keratosis Pillaris though I'm not so sure about that. KP is like tiny white bumps similar to chicken skin commonly found on arms all the way to the shoulders and back.
Basically what happens is keratin blocks your hair follicles. Accidentally scratching them or outright removing them instantly leaves a dark mark for me that looks just like yours. Consider going to a dermatologist to have yourself looked at because KP does not go away ever, and you have to have a very strict routine if you want your skin to look normal.
>>
>>12391461
Have you tried applying moisturizer with a damp face? Like having a few water droplets still? The skin absorbs the water alongside the moisturizer if you do this so the moisturizer doesn't just sit on top of your skin.

Source: I went to a derma and told me to do this when applying moisturizers and lotions, it really does work.
>>
>>12392976
thanks. i guess it's about time i visit a dermo. my usual solution to everything skin/hair related is to swim in the ocean and get some sun. maybe it's time for me to try science.
>>
>>12379998
Retinoids. You can get a prescription from a dermatologist. Over the counter retinoids aren't as strong.
>>
>>12392756
Eat well. Exercise does almost nothing compared to what a change of diet does. Youtube 'How to get a six-pack' and crap like that, and try to find someone who doesn't just want to sell you shit.
>>
can i use a vitamin c serum if i already stridex pads?

will it over exfoliate my skin?
>>
>>12391464
Oh yeah probably. But not by much. It's still filled with broscience and markerters.
>>
>>12392972
Don't worry. Just do what works for you.
A lot of pseudoscience in skincare.
>>
>>12377401
is there much that can be done about acne scars that look like dents in your face? Do they improve over time?
>>
I tried CeraVe moisturizer and i got a lot of whiteheads so i stopped using it and picked up Nivea creme in the blue tin. Still getting whiteheads, just less of them. Could it be breaking me out?
>>
>>12393488
sure.
all people react to products differently (YMMV).
Cerave was great for me as it helped my skin heal more without me getting more zits from it. Just try another moisturizer. you can probably just use this one on the body if you need to.
>>
>>12393488
Skincare is probably about 50% finding the right products. just keep on trying things until you've found the right one.
>>
How to get a slight tan during colder seasons?
>>
How do I know if I should go for the asian skincare meme?

As a novice I've only got the basic moisturizer + cleanser so far (Cerave/Cetaphil) and I'm looking to acquire more products, starting with sunscreen and exfoliant.
>>
>>12379633
I can visit a dermatologist or any other specialist for just a $40 co-pay even if I can't get a referral. Does bongland insurance not work like that or you you just too cheap for co-pays?
>>
Just finished first month on Accutane, 5 to go. Ask me anything (for anyone considering it)
>>
>>12393654
do it
it just werks

also cleanse, exfoliate, moisurise and sunscreen is a MUST if you want good skin
>>
>>12393919
I did it too a few years ago, good luck
>>
>>12393508
>>12393570
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions for moisturizer?
>>
>>12393919
Educate me on Accutane, what about it and why should people use it?
>>
>>12394378
I use Olay on my face and Vaseline on my body.
>>
>>12394384
Why? Because it's literally the cure for acne and the people that don't take it because of the side effects are seriously just pussies because yeah they suck but literally all can be managed (and practically avoided) with EXTRA CARE. You can go into it thinking you can keep up your normal routine and be fine. No tane is literally chemo. I found that sex sucked and I would get really dry down there so I used vitamin e suppositories. SOLVED. My lips were dry. AQUAPHOR. Water water water. Joints do hurt and I have no motivation to work out which is probably the worst part. I haven't gone to uni gym since I started taking it and I used to be an avid lifter and go every day. But that's ON ME. And no one else. Yes and does make me feel tired and lazy but half the time it's because I convince myself it's the tane causing it when really it's just me. Supplements are a necessity, I take around 15 pills a day. But I have literally not had clearer skin since I was 9 and this is only the first month, looking forward to being crystal clear out the end of it so I'll stick it out, it's worth it. THe people that say it makes you suicidal and depressed have never actually had severe/moderately severe acne because nothing makes you more depressed that not wanted to leave the house and canceling dates with a guy you like because of a huge zit. I literally moved and didn't say goodbye to one of my friends because I was so embarrassed of my skin. Take control of your life and your skin, there's literally no reason not to. Rant over
>>
>>12394400
You need to chill.
>>
File: superthumb.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.png
18KB, 300x250px
Should I shower at night or in the morning? Any benefits of either?
>>
Since starting Keto and stuffing my face with various fats, my skin has never looked better.
I frequently get compliments on it.

I also moisturise semi-regularly.
>>
>>12394531
>12394531
either.
But go cold.
>>
>>12394555
What advantage does cold have over warm? I'm googling it too, but I'm curious what your answer is.
>>
I got a differin (Adapalene) prescription. I know to use sunscreen and a hat daily. Anybody have other advice for using this medication? I am having some bad acne and I know it's hormonal because I started testosterone replacement recently.
>>
File: 71l0oVLWweL._SX522_.jpg (39KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
71l0oVLWweL._SX522_.jpg
39KB, 522x522px
im planning on buying one of these for my gf

anyone here has experience with them how are they ?
>>
>>12393288
bump
>>
Trying to do my research and get my act together. I've had dry and oily skin since my teens, wide pores on my cheeks and nose, and generally struggled with mild-to-moderate acne. It probably hasn't helped that I've often swung from not taking almost any care of my skin, to over-scrubbing and over-treating, which I suspect causes flare-ups.

It's occurred to me that my skin and hair is probably desperately in need of moisture. My skin is also super-sensitive, which might explain some of the minor irritation on my body. Any experience or recommendations for people with skin like mine? I'm basically trying to put together a workable kit, and figure out the habits I need. Preferably no-frills, no-fragrance, hypoallergenic where I can get away with it, like lotions and moisturizers and exfoliators.
>>
Any tips for whitening skin or removing tans? I hate how I look with a tan.
>>
Made a dermo appointment because I have some kind of weird genetic skin condition that my grandfather apparently did that requires treatment. No insurance. $125 to walk in the door. Universal healthcare when. Sorry for blogging.
>>
>>12394935
Go to a fern and get tetrinoin cream prescribed. It rebuilds your collagen and works like a dream. Only thing that really works besides laser really
>>
>>12394407
Just trying to help people :'( I'll leave now. Enjoy your acne pleb
>>
>>12395010
is there any particular reason not to opt for laser?
>>
>>12394815
I wouldn't suggest doing extractions on your own because it can cause dark marks if you aren't careful, even with a steamed face.
>>
I plan on using procto-glyvenol (hemorrhoid cream) to treat my dark circles.

I'm out of options, really.

Are there any risks to this?
>>
>>12395594
Olay makes great face and eye creams, have you tried any of those yet?
>>
md here

if anybody listened to that aspirin on a cottonball advice, pls kys
>>
>>12395877
Why ?
>>
>>12395877
topical application of diluted acetylsalicylic acid is fine.
it's just an acidic NSAID. it's not what the writer thought it was though, namely salicylic acid.

also, this is 4chan. we're anonymous here. you don't need to make up claims that you're a doctor just because you feel like your opinion is more important than everyone else's.

>>12395889
it's a makeshift exfoliant solution. it doesn't really work, though, but it doesn't really harm the skin either.
>>
>>12395894

acetylsalicylic acid has said properties but when applied to mucosa, not to skin retardo
>>
>>12395898
That's incorrect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9681665

>The analgesic effect [of ASA] can be obtained only after topical administration, because by this route the skin levels of ASA are much higher than after oral administration.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12013195

>In inflamed skin, flare areas were smaller after pretreatment with aspirin 10% (p<0.01) and mepyramine (p<0.001), as were wheal areas after aspirin 10% (p<0.01), aspirin 1% (p<0.05) and mepyramine (p<0.001).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10519166

>Aspirin placed on the skin also inhibits cyclooxygenase in platelets.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11703529

>This trial has demonstrated that topical aspirin in moisturizer is clearly superior to oral aspirin in relieving the pain of acute herpetic neuralgia, and that the analgesic activity of aspirin is largely due to its local effect.

Apply yourself.
>>
>>12395916
grats u wasted exactly 11 minutes of your life trying to disprove a retard pretending to be a doctor

still not convinced

gg
>>
>>12395916

btw why do you need an antiinflammatory component when clearily its about drying up the skin and unlocking pores

unless you have acinetobacter israeli, psiorarisis or allergic skin reactions you don't need anti-inflammatory compotent, what are you doing nigger
>>
ditching this hoe thread

if you have a chronic acne problem consult a dermatologist, it's not always about your hygiene you retards stop having low self-esteem
>>
Got the toner a few weeks ago, still don't know how to use or incorporate it in my routine.
>>
>>12393288
Laser, chemical peels, small surgery, dermaroller.
>>
>>12395921
The information was posted to inform people of what was actually scientifically correct. It wasn't meant for him (you) as much as it was for everyone else.

>why do you need an antiinflammatory component

You don't /need/ it. But acne is an inflammatory condition. Applying different kinds of anti-inflammatory substances topically can help reduce swelling, pain, and redness. The low pH of the ASA/SA prevents further growth of acne-causing bacteria.

>its about drying up the skin and unlocking pores

Exfoliants help with unclogging pores.

>unless you have acinetobacter israeli

An A. israelii infection in the skin is treated with ordinary antibiotics, not anti-inflammatory substances specifically.

>psiorarisis

*Psoriasis is actually commonly combated by trying to reduce inflammation, among other things.

>>12395954
byee
>>
>>12396095
>pretending to be scientist on /fa/
Always hilarious.
>>
>>12392801
Have this shit too, it's so horrible. I just want beautiful smooth legs. Not sure if I should wax because they'll be so obvious. I have KP on my arms but I don't know if it's what's on my legs as well?
>>
>>12396804
this post >>12396095 was not made by the person pretending to be an MD
>>
>>12394400
L O N D O N

O

N

D

O

N
>>
Why do I keep getting acne around my mouth and nowhere else?
>>
>>12396970
You may be sensitive to your toothpaste, lib balm, lip stick, saliva, or food?
>>
File: 145102399437466.jpg (12KB, 239x223px) Image search: [Google]
145102399437466.jpg
12KB, 239x223px
>>12394384
>what about it
The gist is that when you start taking it the first couple of weeks will be the worst outbreak you have ever had. After that it's relatively(compared to your normal pimples, zits, acne etc.) smooth sailing. You get your blood taken once a month if I remember correctly. You're not allowed to take any alcohol, the drug takes its toll on your liver or something like that. Your face is probably quite oily normally before you start taking the drug, but once you're finished with the treatment it will be quite dry normally. This is because your pores are effectively all dried up, what allowed the pimples and acne to spout has been shut off damn near permanently. There's a whole list of possible side-effects, some quite awful, and obviously if you experience any of them you have to immediately stop. I didn't have any. The worst thing that came about from the treatment was simply the minor scars left over from the pimples, some premature wrinkles especially on the forehead, but as a guy it really doesn't matter that much. And I guess, if I hadn't gone on the treatment, I'd have had pimple scars regardless, but at least this way I was free of the pain much quicker, and I'm guaranteed I won't get any for the rest of my life, like some people who get them all through their 20s. I can't explain how nice it felt to actually be able to easily wash and rub my face freely once all was said and done.

>and why should people use it?
Use it if you either have very serious acne problems or, my own case, nothing else worked against the incessant stream of pimples. I was on another pill for a few months, and while I was taking these pills the pimples stopped, but shortly after ending with the pills I started getting pimples again. After this I was told I could go on Accutane. If I could go back and choose to do it again or not I'd do it all over again.

>>12394400
You sound mentally ill, stick to tumblr.
>>
Hey, I have a small circular scar on my forehead from chicken pox, does anyone have any experience with scar cream ?
>>
Are there any good common drug store brand exfoliants?
>>
File: IMG_3828.jpg (134KB, 640x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3828.jpg
134KB, 640x882px
R8 my skin
>>
quick tip i learned after trying literally everything under the sun with no results.

getting new pillow might help. I used to have the same pillows for like 15 years. i would wash the pillow case but my pillows were fucking disgusting. got some new ones and no more acne.
>>
>>12377401
i've been neurotically washing my face (hot first then cold) and afterwards using Aloe Vera gel and it cleared up my face basically entirely

that's if i don't shower. if i do shower i literally put fucking ((aloe vera)) handsoap on my face which normally would dry it out, but afterwards i mitigate this with aloe vera gel

so basically just a ton of aloe vera. nothing else works. i think i get my acne from dry skin + oily pillow cases + my glasses maybe
>>
Are derma rollers effective? I was thinking of buying one for wrinkles/scarring
>>
>>12397599
Not too bad. Why are you soaked with sweat, why arent your eyes fully open and why are you twelve?
>>
>>12397468
Not gonna work. Consult a derm if you have the money. Dermaroll if you're poor.
>>
>>12398046
May be. May be not. Haven't seen a convincing before and after pics.
>>
>>12398201
great post
>>
>>12378678
get sunbeds in winter
>>
File: Dermalex---FOP-NEW-Acne(1)_0_0.png (61KB, 156x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dermalex---FOP-NEW-Acne(1)_0_0.png
61KB, 156x400px
Has anyone had any experience with Dermalex for acne?
>>
Don't know why the old skincare general copypasta was used. This one has been used for a while:

/skin/

Skincare general

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.
>>
>>12386915
For moisturizer I use Olay Regenerist regenerating serum. It's expensive as fuck, but worth it to not have a layer of grease on my skin all the time.
>>
>>12379998
Is there a better way to do this for your back or just use the same routines for a larger area of skin?
>>
>>12379805
youre neither dude lol chill
>>
>>12401106
There are tinted sunscreens.
>>
So I recently made the change from basic bitch "Clean & Clear" and Neutrogena brands found in the grocery store to actual clinical skincare and I really urge those of you with oily problem skin to do the same. The health/quality/clarity of my skin is actually really satisfying after only a couple of weeks but I did this routine morning and night like clockwork which is probably why I saw the results so quickly.

My morning routine:

>Cleanser

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam

>Serum

Perricone MD PRE:EMPT SERIES Skin Perfecting Serum

OR

Origins Original Skin Willow Bark Serum

>Moisturizer

Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer

OR

Perricone MD PRE:EMPT SERIES Oil-Free Hydrating Cream

>Spot treatment if I have any spots

boscia Clear Complexion Willow Bark Spot Treatment

My night routine is almost identical, except at night I use Origins Zero Oil cleanser, because after a day of work and play, my skin is greasy af. Then I use Origins night-a-mins as an eye cream because my eyelids get so dry overnight they get literal flakes in the morning.
>>
>>12401234
But then I'd have to spend a ton of time matching my skin tone right?

Do chemical sunscreens leave a white residue? Also if they're not FDA approved are they easy to get in the US?
>>
>>12401442

I would just go with moisturizer equipped with SPF protection, rather than specific sunscreen products.

some ideas

http://www.drjackson.co.uk/01_skin_cream.html

http://www.hamptonsuncare.com/spf-30-lotion-4-0-oz/

http://www.malinandgoetz.com/face/spf-30-face-moisturizer
>>
Rate my routine

AM
>Walgreens brand of Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen, spf 55

PM
>Mineral oil cleansing
>Neutrogena ultra gentle daily cleanser
>Adapalene 0.1% gel
>Nivea Creme
>Petroleum jelly over any dry patches

I want to add a snail product but fatty alcohols break me out and I can't find any without them.
>>
>>12401505
How is that dry touch sunscreen?
Does it leave a whitecast or make your face feel greasy?
>>
>>12401519
I didn't notice a white cast, but I'm very pale. It's less greasy then other sunscreens that I've tried.
>>
>>12401442
>But then I'd have to spend a ton of time matching my skin tone right?
If you really care that much, use make up.
>>
>>12379805
You have average skins, it's okay. And you are not ugly either for a non white, but smile more.
>>
is it normal that my skin looks shiny and polished but not greasy after a skin care routine?

cerave foaming cleanser
stidex
vitamin c serum
men's lab moisturizer
biore sun screen
>>
>>12401996
>men's lab moisturizer
>biore sun screen
Literally just replace these.
>>
>>12402067

why replace biore sunscreen or the men's lab gel moisturizer?

they haven't broken out my face.

yeah i know the biore suncreen has alcohol but my skin isn't sensitive to it.

and i asked because all the people i know who take care of their skin have a polished look to it.
>>
>>12402067

>replace the best sunscreen on the market

NO.
>>
>>12402108
If you think you look normal then just keep doing what you do.
>>
>>12402119
>best sunscreen on the market
It's really not. I get it's affordable. But some people can afford better sunscreen.
Dude got shine problem, I told him to replace the products that give him shine. Common sense, really.
>>
>>12402121

you actually didn't tell him any products. what do you recommend?
>>
>>12402122
How should I answer that?
He got access to local pharmacy/chemist. And ebay. And amazon. He should shop around. Skincare is personal thing. Some people respond negatively to popular products.
People who recommend particular products online are just shills.
>>
>tfw girl and always had acne when shaving facial hair until now
Girls (or guys) can ask my regime, I get 0 pimples now. I even faded a bit of my scars and its been only 2 days since I've been doing this.
Ah, I luv smooth skin
>>
Ross and TJ Maxx have a bunch of different vitamin c serums in their skincare sections. How do I choose a good one that will actually work?
>>
>>12394550
Can you go into detail on your diet and skin care regime? I'm also on keto but I haven't seen any considerable improvement.
>>
>>12394952
Bumping with a comment. I've noticed that my skin is prone to build up without semi-regular exfoliation (once every two-three days), and I see on one guide here that it's actually recommended to exfoliate first, before washing. So I guess to start with, does anyone actually do this, and what exfoliators do you recommend?
>>
>>12404847
>that it's actually recommended to exfoliate first, before washing
Where? Common sense says, exfoliate on clean skin after washing.
>>
>>12404993
http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Notes

I'm a bit skeptical of this myself, but the common explanation is that by exfoliating first, you will be able to wash your skin more effectively, as opposed to the other way around.
>>
How many of these ingredients are super bad? mainly the alcohol ones. I don't recall just seeing "alcohol" listed alone so that's a bit confusing, but then again I don't tend to intensively read ingredients cause my skin isn't fussy
>>
File: badgoo.png (23KB, 604x227px) Image search: [Google]
badgoo.png
23KB, 604x227px
>>12405174
fuck forget to attach the pic
>>
>>12402285
facial hair on girls is fucking hot if its light and not dark

leave it on
>>
>>12402285
u so hairy you have to shave and not wax??
>>
File: IMG_20170418_080900.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_080900.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Pls help /fa/

This is my case of back acne for past 6 years. Derma has no answer, body washes/exofliants/lotion have no affect

They itch and bleed. Is it a fucking fungus or something? I want it gone for summer but it's plagued most of my life
>>
stop using sunscreen if you're male you homos

it fucks up with your fertility
>>
>>12406367
do you have a source? an actual one, not from a natural heath woo blog.

im sterile so i don't care im just curious
>>
>>12406367
Widespread use of sunscreen with infertility not even a remotely common issue tells me even if it's true the risk of skin cancer is more concerning
>>
>>12406333
That doesn't look like acne to me.

>Derma has no answer
That's just bs. Have you tried another derma?
>>
>>12406458
>That's just bs. Have you tried another derma?
Pretty sure he lied about going to a derm. Probably too poor for that.
>>
>that feel when just kinda too lazy to do a routine 2 times a day since my skin looks pretty much just fine to me anyway
especially on days when I don't go out...
>>
>>12406473

wtf

I've been to two and they both have given me creams that don't work, or they don't examine it closely enough

Im not even poor
>>
>>12406595
Those honestly don't look like acne to me, they look like bruises.
>>
>>12406333
have you tried accutane?

keep seeing new dermatologists.
>>
>>12406595
Dermatologists are useless retards most of the time.
Whatever it is and no matter how much it itches, don't fucking touch it. Not sure what you did, but that partly looks self inflicted by being undisciplined and scratching too aggressively.
>>
Just take collagen pills daily. I use them for muscular repair from playing tennis and have noticed my face is looking super clear and younger.
>>
Half asian here, skin is pretty good but I've got shitty big asian pores near my sideburns.

what prods ?
>>
>>12407326
I read you can't shrink pores? So make-up.
>>
>tfw pili multigemini

should I just kill myself? how much is electrolysis anyway?
>>
does anyone else's skin get puffy and red the day after using stridex?
>>
>>12407326
>>12407544
Doesn't face serums do the trick?
I don't use them but I've heard they're bretty gud.
>>
>>12388307
you thought right
also theres no such thing as red pigmentation, its enlarged capillaries
>>
File: IMG_20170419_205045_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_205045_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hey guys, look at this. My legs are very dry in nature. After many years of neglect my legs look like this now. How can I revert back to the original state??
>>
>>12379805
maybe that photo is not the best but if you are that arsed you could use moisturising skin bleach. The goal is not to turn white but just reduce the brassy tones from your skin. You are quiet good looking, maybe get a better haircut. /effay/ is a great place to look for fashion because everyone uploads asians.
>>
how do I get rid of hyperpigmentation from scars? Over 8 years of suffering with acne i have a few brown spots, one has got really thick hairs coming out of it.
>>
>>12408808
Tretinoin. Kojic Acid. Vitamin C serums.
>>
when will the "just eat healthy and you'll be fine"-meme die?
>>
>>12408858
I know it's not necessary but I think the underlying meaning here that eating healthy would also mean balancing out your body's nutrition which would make you more energetic and lively and ultimately feel more confident about yourself.
>>
>>12408727
Vaseline, aquaphor, lanolin.
>>
>tfw you look super greasy from moisturiser/sunscreen but you're reluctant to dab it off
>>
my knees are FUCKED

i've been blessed with baby smooth skin all over my entire life, never cared much about any form of skincare at all

but my knees somehow got totally wrecked. they're all dry and shitty. what do?
>>
File: 1489024190443.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489024190443.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>timescales at which your skin can go to shit
>everything from days to minutes

>timescales at which your skin can get well again
>weeks to months
>>
Has anyone used LED light treatment before? Thinking about getting a Chinese one for about £100 that does all the main colours. Just wondering if it is known to be effective on KPRF
>>
>moved out to vegas when I was 12
>lived there for 8 years
>the entire time I had super SUPER dry skin
>move back to east coast
>super SUPER oily skin
>nothing seems to work

What do I do? I don't have acne anymore but my skin isn't as smooth as I'd like.
>>
>>12394645
Not that guy but it's better for your hair, cardiovascular system, immune system and a whole load of other things.
Google the rest, also google wim hof if you're interested in the more extreme cold things.
>>
>>12394645
Not him but cold water is better for your hair, though hot water is good for the skin since it opens up and you can cleanse and exfoliate them thoroughly, finish it up again with cold to tighten the pores.
>>
>>12411050
This is a myth
>>
File: 1490766956208.png (4MB, 2801x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1490766956208.png
4MB, 2801x1416px
Is this site a scam? What are some good alternatives?

http://www.travertinespa.com/skincare/
>>
>>12411132
Your face is a myth.
>>
Cleanser (a 'proper' one, e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/cleanser_recs -- I usually buy whatever one's on offer...) + Niacinamide (The Ordinary) + Moisturiser w/ spf 15

Does this sound like a good/simple routine? Main aim is to reduce acne scars and general redness/blotches. I'm also a student so trying to be cheap where possible, a lot these recommended products can get quite expensive, and ofc they're not guaranteed to work for everyone.

Thanks!
>>
>>12411050
>>12411229
pores don't open and close
you should know this
>>
>>12411458
>acne scars and general redness
I think you need derm interventions like laser for both.
>>
What's the best charcoal peel off mask for blackheads? Best price/quality rate
>>
>>12398046
If they are deep and thick enough, yes. Look up C.I.T., it is a very real thing. Best to be done under the care of a medical professional though.
>>
>>12411568
I read you're not supposed to do this. It enlarges your pores or sth.
>>
>>12411568
>>12411799
those arent blackheads - everyone has sebbaceous fillaments and theyre normal

stop yanking stuff out of your face if you want it to look pretty
>>
>>12411854
Sebaceous filaments are a collection of sebum of dead skin cells, if you don't regularly clean them they'll probably turn into white/blackheads or even pimples.
>>
File: $_1.JPG.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.JPG.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
So I'm on holidays and I'm at a campsite. I go to the beach like twice a day and I'm starting to get pimples. I can't use a toner, face wash, and moisturiser because I forgot to bring it.

I'm using these like every time my face feels greasy but it seems to dry my face should I use something else (that does not require any water)? Or should I buy some moisturiser.
My face also seems to feel really sticky after wiping it with the tea tree stuff. Also note, I haven't been using the tea tree stuff long enough to see if its doing good or bad on my face. Other than, I tried it yesterday and now I have a big yellow pimple on my my left side of my face.
>>
File: file.png (136KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
136KB, 500x283px
I HAVE 3 PIMPLES ALL INSIDE MY EARLOBE
>>
File: Skin.jpg (526KB, 805x900px) Image search: [Google]
Skin.jpg
526KB, 805x900px
Does pic related really work?
>>
>>12412894
you're on holiday, stop obsessing about your skin and have fun.
>>
>>12413476
Look up what retinoids do and how C.I.T. from microneedling works. They are arguably the best things to do against acne scars, although the average person may not have the same level of success as that picture.
>>
>>12413478
But it hurts
>>
>>12413482
Thanks.
>>
>>12397599
lmao you look like you in the back of a police car just stole some pokemon cards
>>
can some other Acnefags tell me how long it took them from the point of starting a skincare routine to having a clear face?
>>
How do i get cheap prescription sunglasses? I want to avoid crows feet but I am very nearsighted.

I looked on zenni optical but the sunglasses from them just look like they're tinted. Not actually UV protecting.
>>
>>12409284
Fucking this. The struggle. Had a breakout last week and it will take weeks for it to completely clear up. The worst part is I need sunscreen but I haven't found the right product yet. Might get another breakout while testing a suitable sunscreen.
>>
>>12408858
Never because for a majority of people this holds true. But people with sensitive skin are simply fugged
>>
reminder to make sure your shampoo works for you too

I got dermatitis from using tresemme, now I use head and shoulders and I'm fine

also everyone post routines

morning
>shower
>wipe face off with micellar water
>moisturize
>sunscreen
>spot conceal
>rosebud salve on lips

After getting home
>take off makeup/sunscreen with micellar water
>moisturize face and lips

Before bed
>cleanse with CeraVe hydrating
>CosRX BHA
>Paula's Choice AHA
>The Ordinary niacinamide/zinc serum
>The Face Shop rice ceramide emulsion
>tea tree oil/hydrocolloids/clay mask spot treatment
>vaseline on lips
>>
File: 31561616994984.jpg (414KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
31561616994984.jpg
414KB, 600x822px
I want to lighten my skin tone with vitamin c serum.

Anyone know a good product suitable for oily and acne prone skin?
>>
>>12413726
I used to have fuckhuge pimples that refill and would last for weeks if left untreated and also really dark spots. I used to think it was still puberty but I'm already in my early 20s so I thought i should start fucking take care of my skin. I heard about benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin and immediately both those. My face fucking cleared after two weeks, dark spots probably cleared after a month. It was also the start of my skincare routine and I only ever get pimple when my face gets really dirty and I don't cleanse myself very well.
>>
>>12406421
how do u know your sterile
>>
>>12413726
Just go to a dermatologist and get accutane dude. I wish I would have done that earlier instead of wasting like a whole year being EXTREMELY disciplined with my diet and hygiene, just to be rewarded with mild acne. Had completely clear skin after two months of accutane. Had a low dose, but that's good. Didn't want to have any more (temporary) hair loss from that gay shit.
>>
>>12411854
>>12411799

yeah yeah but what is the best one? I just want to use it on one blackhead infested area
>>
got a massive boil coming through right on my face, not sure what to do about it. Really don't want a scar!
>>
>>12414314
i have balls but they don't produce testosterone (need shots) or sperm. realized when i didn't hit puberty even in high school.
>>
>>12412894
Bump
>>
Any tips for grease on the nostrils? This shit is fucking solidifying there and turning that area red.
>>
I very rarely get spots (maybe once on my face every two weeks) but I have pretty bad blackheads on my nose/cheek area. Face isn't greasy, wash every day with basic products (usually cheap shit like clean and clear or Bulldog, idk if bulldog is a meme).

Any ideas on why i'm getting mad blackheads and if there's way to stop getting them rather than just buying one of those hook things and scraping my face?
>>
>>12415167
Try using toner.
>>
Has anyone had any experiences with their diet triggering their acne? My acne is kinda mid level, and I found that coffee tends to really kick it into overdrive. I started a new job a few months ago, and the coffee machine in the office meant I was drinking like 2 or 3 a day, easy. A few weeks later, my face looked like a fucking pepperoni pizza

I went cold turkey and it's shaping up a lot better now. Not sure if it's coincidental, but I'd be really cut if i have to cut out coffee to help my skin stay nice
>>
File: IMG_1731.jpg (829KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1731.jpg
829KB, 2576x1932px
How do I treat this stuff? It looks like reddish/darker spots on my skin. It's not acne, it's flat. It look like a pigmentation change. I have it all over my face.
>>
Anyone here manage to get rid of their keratosis pilaris?
>>
>tfw i have to go out 2day but have a huge shiny zit right on my nose
fuck
>>
File: IMG_20170422_105921287.jpg (954KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_105921287.jpg
954KB, 1456x2592px
>>12415822
Salux washcloth and gold bond rough and bumpy cream helped me. Cerave Renewing and Amlactin are similar products that also work well for KP.

All kp creams are photosensitizing so you must use a sunscreen if you use them. Pic related, i think it was like $12.
>>
>>12415808
Shitty pic, but you could try toner, exfoliation, and make sure you wear some sort of SPF moisturizer when you go out. The skin looks like it might be getting irritated by the sun... If all else fails, you can get a tinted moisturizer to help remove unevenness.
>>
>>12415930
I tried but my iphone couldn't focus. Thank you
>>
File: 1490927988809.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1490927988809.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
I think I need a new soap. This soap I have is leaving a really weird smell on my armpits I think, so I need to try something else.

Any suggestions?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.