[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Andy Warhol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Ohshit.jpg (113KB, 680x458px) Image search: [Google]
Ohshit.jpg
113KB, 680x458px
Fucking Andy Warhol
>>
https://youtu.be/Z8sptsjCk18
>>
File: bob_dylan_edie_sedgwick.jpg (119KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
bob_dylan_edie_sedgwick.jpg
119KB, 1024x512px
bob and edie were cool but not andy
>>
>>12358316
So much pretentiousness.

Andy can be a cool guy, this is awful.
>>
didn't he have a 90 IQ
>>
>>12358296
I bet not one person in here has seen empire
>>
The only good thing that came out of this faggot was The Velvet Underground
>>
>>12358296
Hey guys look it's 20 pictures of Elvis in a row, whoa, really makes u think...
Celebrity culture...
Whoa
>>
warhol was a good artist
>>
>>12358620
he was a decent designer and an excellent marketer. ONly Pollock is the most celebrated scam in the last century of art.
>>
>>12358363
Disagree, Merv is doing what everyone else did at the time, making fun of and shitting on Andy's work. Asking if people actually collected his paintings, mocking him by asking the price for one. Fast forward 50 years and his originals fetch insane prices. He became this way in interviews because everyone wanted to make fun of him, force him to explain the meaning, implied it wasn't real art, etc. he became a recluse in interviews to troll all of those people and because he didn't feel the need to justify his work.
>>
>>12358627
not basquiat? That dude literally had a marketer shilling his shit to yuppies.
>>
>>12358363
>>12358648
also worth mentioning andy had social anxiety issues, being on a tv program was probably stressful
>>
Hey guys it's Warhole here. Have you thought about how society is mass-producing celebrities that are used for advertisement? I think about it alot and I made these collage to tell you this. I also noticed that calling something art is making it art so I framed some Campbell adds that I made for some quick bucks. I think it's really clever. Oh, its been done since the 1910's? But I made it cool tho didn't I?
>>
>>12358689
leave andy alone. lou reed treated him like shit
>>
>>12358648
troll? So hes being ironically 'weird' thats not pretentious at all.
>>12358672
(he forgets this gimmick pretty quick too)

He comes on with a bag, why?
Why has Edie gotta speak on ANDYS art for him?
Just listen to Edie.
Remember how Andy views himself in the world, how he reacts to it, performs for it.

I like Andy a lot, this is a swing and a miss and a lot of people are gonna be like 'urrrrnnnnggghhhh anddeeeeee' cos they too are pretentious and rose tinted always jumping on the defense themselves.
>>
>>12358737
no retard he literally had social issues
its well-documented and mentioned in his diaries frequently

that's pretty consistent with how someone socially awkward being on stage in a televised event in front of so many people, and the interviewer starts making fun of you?

he's not some "le epic super genius troll who acts funny in interviews because he's s00per pretentious artiste" that everyone makes him out to be
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.